N.G.S. Anagenessis for Genesis 3

124»

Comments

• A Big thank to Tottallou! Your helping hand is much appreciated! I'm on vacations right now and it's not easy for me to give answers or make the videos as I promised on my Deviantart page audioslave74 (aka dimension-z). The things are like this: 1. Check if you have SSS map. If for some reason there isn't, just load Diffuse (Color map) 2. Load a NGS preset for your taste. 3. Set up glossiness in Metallicity & Curve folders to your taste. 4. Setup Flakes to your taste. 5. Setup Curves to your taste. 6. If you don't have closeup renders just turn off Refraction. It increases rendering times. Except if you have very fast machine & you like the result. 7. After all these setups you're ready to go! 8. You can add Specular & Bump maps (e.g.Torso_S, Torso_B.jpg) on autogenerated maps (grey color maps) as shown in the pdf guide for more details: a. Metallicity Weight - Specular b. Top Coat Weight - Specular but it gives me better results with NGS default. Just give it a try! c. Top Coat Bump - Bump d. Displacement - Bump (I have done tests & it gives very good extra details like cellulite) with the default settings by NGS. Dont't make it very strong, it needs to be carefull with this setting e. Refraction Weight it's not so important adding a map. Notes: a. If you add Speculars in Metallicity & Top Coat you must increase or decrease values because of the grey toning differences. b. Every time you load a NGS preset you have to reload maps in specific places. Dimension-Z
  • JimbowJimbow Posts: 557
    Every time you load a NGS preset you have to reload maps in specific places.

Surely not if you hold down the Ctrl key and choose ignore images? It works that way at my end, anyway.

• Jimbow said:

Surely not if you hold down the Ctrl key and choose ignore images? It works that way at my end, anyway.

You're absolutely right! Thnx that you mentioned that. I just forgot it. Dimension-Z
  • Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited August 2016
    I hope that you will find helpul my quick setup guide until I'll upload the video tutorial. Dimension-Z
    Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2016
    Jimbow said:

Thank you.  I wasn't sure whether to do that or not. smiley

BTW, has anyone tried these shader presets on the new FWSA character in the store? 

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

You're welcome. Handy if you have a bunch of custom subdermal textures driving the translucency, etc.

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

I have not got the new FWSA Character but I tried this on one I do have, Paloma and for a quick click & render she turned out well  ( I stopped it after it reached 50%)  so I  think the new FWSA should be good to  - If you get her post your render :)

Paloma.png
    800 x 1000 - 922K
  • Tottallou said:

I have not got the new FWSA Character but I tried this on one I do have, Paloma and for a quick click & render she turned out well  ( I stopped it after it reached 50%)  so I  think the new FWSA should be good to  - If you get her post your render :)

Excellent render! Which preset did you use?
  • TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

I used  Preset A with Medium Metallic Flakes - I also like the Wet Skin preset , now if only I could figure out how to make hair look wet :)

• Tottallou said:

I used  Preset A with Medium Metallic Flakes - I also like the Wet Skin preset , now if only I could figure out how to make hair look wet :)

There is already a wet hair look for genesis 3 product. I don't remember its name, you must search for it. ;)
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2016
    Tottallou said:

Thanks. smiley​  I'm debating with myself.  I've got a bunch of FWSA characters already.  But yes.  If I get her, I will post a render.

Edit:  BTW, your render looks great. 

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • A question: will this work strictly on G3F o can we use it on G3M too?

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

This image from laticis sold me the product. http://laticis.deviantart.com/art/Olympia-7-NGS-PW-625542992

Then I found this thread. Waiting now bitting my nails for a render to finish in order to try it

• Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited August 2016

A question: will this work strictly on G3F o can we use it on G3M too?

As my product description says: For Genesis 3 Females & Males http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/188211/ Thank you Dimension-Z
    Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • Jerife said:

This image from laticis sold me the product. http://laticis.deviantart.com/art/Olympia-7-NGS-PW-625542992

Then I found this thread. Waiting now bitting my nails for a render to finish in order to try it

It's very easy to use it. Just read pdf and my instructions here on forum. Thank you Dimension-Z
  • edited August 2016

A question: will this work strictly on G3F o can we use it on G3M too?

As my product description says: For Genesis 3 Females & Males http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/188211/ Thank you Dimension-Z

The reason I ask is that I can't seem to have the same settings work on g3m's manjunk :)

Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on

The reason I ask is that I can't seem to have the same settings work on g3m's manjunk :)

No problem for asking me. It's my pleasure to help you. But surfaces are the same for all genesis 3 figures. What settings are not the same on this figure you are using? Dimension-Z
  • For those interested, here you can find a test I made with this shader. I can't post it here for nudity issues. Made with V7HD with default starting scene of DAZ.

Cheers.

No problem for asking me. It's my pleasure to help you. But surfaces are the same for all genesis 3 figures. What settings are not the same on this figure you are using? Dimension-Z

As there are no presets for genitals I'm guesing that it won't work on them? Also, I keep getting a very distinct boarder around the lips. Any suggestions?

problem.jpg
    628 x 791 - 264K
  • Hey, thought I'd share my work.

Completed render - full size here: http://chrisryder123.deviantart.com/art/The-Mist-630496602

I sorted the lip issue in postwork.

• IamUmanIamUman Posts: 10

Hello DZ,

I'm also having problems understanding the readme-pdf.... but it doesn't seem to matter because if I ignore the pdf and just start using your NGS Anagenessis iray presets the results are pretty impressive:

Rooftop_by_IamUman.jpg
    841 x 936 - 398K
  • IamUmanIamUman Posts: 10

I also don't understand the readme-pdf but it's not a big issue because if I just ignore the pdf, the presets seem to be working just fine.

Very impressive results! Here is a render where I used it:

http://iamuman.deviantart.com/art/Rooftop-638546179

• Hello DZ, as a lot of people here, I am also a bit confused about your instructions... It is true that your presets are giving good results out of the box, but I would like to understand better. Do you still plan to make a small video explaining better?

Thanks!

• Hi Dz

I have your earlier version of ngs Anagenesis For Gen 3 and have a couple of questions if possible to get answers. It seems as though certain texture channels get maps generated by ngs and certainly with a fairly complicated V7 texture and hair to begin with, adding anagenessis ontop seems to bring the texture usage per figure to about a gig. Three figures with anagenessis applied tops over 3 gig of texture memory used and on my pc windows 10 starts wanting to close Daz Studio down. Is Anagenessis 2 harder on memory usage than the first version or is it less stressful?. I understand that the new version works with Genesis, and Gen 2 figures as well but is the shader otherwise the same or have there been any changes or developments to it since the first one?

thanks

• agamersdayagamersday Posts: 101

Hello,

I recently got your N.G.S. Anagenessis for Genesis 3 shader and its a great product!

I just have one question, how do I apply it to the genetalia of genesis 3 that is attached? When I try to use it I think nothing happens. Is there a way to make it blend in to the rest of the skin?

• My first approach: Spring Breaker.

Q: Is there a video tutorial for this great product (or is that an urban legend)?

spring_breaker.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 316K
  • Bought it but I'm baffled. How do you apply it to Genesis 3 Male? There are only presets in the Genesis 3 Female folders.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655

@wolfgangzeiler_9d28beaba3

the scripts are for male and female, they are the same.

• Love the shader, but I like the oily or wet skin look. How can I achieve that after I apply your shader? Thanks.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,268

Love the shader, but I like the oily or wet skin look. How can I achieve that after I apply your shader? Thanks.

Apply the NGS shaders, and then you can apply any glossy product you like or adjust Glossy Layer Weight, Glossy Reflectivity, Top Coat Layer Mode to Fresnel and adjust Top Coat IOR and Thin Film IOR?  The surface is like any other iray surface...