• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

    Misspelled product name - it's Anemone, not Anenome.  Actually all the files, including the installer, seem to be misspelled.  Not good if you search. 

    https://www.daz3d.com/spring-flowers--wood-anenome

    By

    Taoz Taoz April 2024 in The Commons
  • Braided Hairstyles for Genesis 8 Female

    Fae3D said:

    Hello Nala, welcome!

    Something else to look out for is the hair morphs.  For example, if you look at the morph list (in the What's Included and Features section) of Alma Hair (not what you're looking for, just using it as an example), you will find some morphs that say

    • Back-Wave
    • Front-Wavy-L
    • Front-Wavy-R

    Now, I do not have this particular hair, but I have several that look straight in the promos, but when you load the hair there are options like that to add some wave to it.  They usually are not very strong, but it does change the look.  The best thing would probably be to choose a hair that you really like that has wave (or sometimes it says curl) morphs, and ask in the forum about that hair specifically.  If someone there has it, maybe they can tell you how strong the effect is.  If not, it's a bit of a pain, but you can buy it, try it, and if it's not what you want you can return it.

    Good luck in your search!

    Ohhh I will definetly look into it! Thank you so much! 

    By

    Nala Nala April 2024 in Product Suggestions
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    Drip said:

    woodenauthor said:

    gambit70_NZ said:

    Pancake said:

    Timbales said:

    I don't equate Nude with Lewd, but I'm also part of a figure drawing group that has weekly sessions with a nude model.

    I don't necessarily have a problem with more adult themed content.

    It's just that we've had this problem for way longer than I've been here where adult content is the best selling content, so PAs are motivated by that.

    It just seems like the possibility of ever getting a decent variety of normal clothes, particularly male clothes, is slipping further and further away.

    I have no problem with adult content and think that realistic anatomy/detail adds to the power to create realistic images.  Having said that I 100% agree with Pancake that the problem is the lack of "normal" content, especially if you want to create images with normal females.  I know someone here said the adult (skimpwear) content sells but can it really be true that people only feel the need to buy yet another themed bikini set?  

    My thought on the matter is it's not so much the content, as the flexibility. I admit I'm one of the artists who also tends to dabble in more adult material, and from my experience most of the full outfits tend to be pretty rigid in terms of posing. They'll follow the characters, but that's about it. There are a few artists who will add poses - Aeon, OutofTouch, Lilflame, and Fugazi come to mind - but most just slap dForce on it, give it the adjustments to handle poke throughs and such, and maybe let a ribbon spin. Now, I'm not a modeler, but I'd bet one of the reason the skimpy outfits get pushed more by the artists is that they're smaller pieces, so a bit easier to add the flexibility while probably simpler to work on. So you end up in a loop where a good outfit is hard to find, but Bikingerie #56712345 is making money. From a story telling perspective, I'd love more buttons, zippers, and overall interaction with the outfits. They're just not getting designed that way. 

    I do think you're adressing a pretty important problem with full outfits. They tend to lack options and detail. Things like no seams, pockets which won't open, dForce settings which don't make sense for the fabric, sometimes even full outfits (like pants, shoes, shirt and jacket) all in one single object instead of seperates that might be combined with other outfits. Occasionally, someone does release a full outfit that's actually well done in almost every aspect, and on those rare occasions, half the forum is gushing about it and make it an insta-buy.

    But, it's risky for a designer to invest in these "normal" outfits. If something just won't click with the customers, then it won't sell, and a LOT of time has been wasted. And it just has to sell extremely well, because they can't afford to hitch the price up to $60 where a bikini generally goes for around $20 (not including discounts on either), because that higher price would also cut into the potential sales. I know some of the PA's make stuff for Daz on the side, while they mostly earn from some other job, and they can sometimes afford to spend that time on all those necessary details. But there are also some PA's who mostly make a living from what they sell here, and they just can't afford to spend that amount of time on one release, because their Daz paycheck is required to pay their bills, and they can't postpone receiving it.

    And that is where DAZ itself should be stepping up, because if the needed assets aren't here, then the people who do that work will go elsewhere and find other solutions.  I'm sure that I'm not a typical DAZ customer, but I know that  I would far rather get a couple of basic men's business suits and more female clothing suitible for upper level work (or church,) even if those items come broken into pieces, as a PC+ item than yet another collection of weeds, non-sensical fantasy animal, impractical vehicle, or redundant skimpwear.  And let's not even get into the items included in the bundles, which are often useful ONLY for titilating and "fantasy" images.  The new Cheyene bundle is a perfect example, as, despite a very good job of creating a figure that showcases many of the correct ethnic traits, both of the "period" outfits included appear to be highly feminized versions of outfits traditionally worn by males, not females.  Sigh...     

    By

    Cybersox Cybersox April 2024 in The Commons
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    woodenauthor said:

    gambit70_NZ said:

    Pancake said:

    Timbales said:

    I don't equate Nude with Lewd, but I'm also part of a figure drawing group that has weekly sessions with a nude model.

    I don't necessarily have a problem with more adult themed content.

    It's just that we've had this problem for way longer than I've been here where adult content is the best selling content, so PAs are motivated by that.

    It just seems like the possibility of ever getting a decent variety of normal clothes, particularly male clothes, is slipping further and further away.

    I have no problem with adult content and think that realistic anatomy/detail adds to the power to create realistic images.  Having said that I 100% agree with Pancake that the problem is the lack of "normal" content, especially if you want to create images with normal females.  I know someone here said the adult (skimpwear) content sells but can it really be true that people only feel the need to buy yet another themed bikini set?  

    My thought on the matter is it's not so much the content, as the flexibility. I admit I'm one of the artists who also tends to dabble in more adult material, and from my experience most of the full outfits tend to be pretty rigid in terms of posing. They'll follow the characters, but that's about it. There are a few artists who will add poses - Aeon, OutofTouch, Lilflame, and Fugazi come to mind - but most just slap dForce on it, give it the adjustments to handle poke throughs and such, and maybe let a ribbon spin. Now, I'm not a modeler, but I'd bet one of the reason the skimpy outfits get pushed more by the artists is that they're smaller pieces, so a bit easier to add the flexibility while probably simpler to work on. So you end up in a loop where a good outfit is hard to find, but Bikingerie #56712345 is making money. From a story telling perspective, I'd love more buttons, zippers, and overall interaction with the outfits. They're just not getting designed that way. 

    I do think you're adressing a pretty important problem with full outfits. They tend to lack options and detail. Things like no seams, pockets which won't open, dForce settings which don't make sense for the fabric, sometimes even full outfits (like pants, shoes, shirt and jacket) all in one single object instead of seperates that might be combined with other outfits. Occasionally, someone does release a full outfit that's actually well done in almost every aspect, and on those rare occasions, half the forum is gushing about it and make it an insta-buy.

    But, it's risky for a designer to invest in these "normal" outfits. If something just won't click with the customers, then it won't sell, and a LOT of time has been wasted. And it just has to sell extremely well, because they can't afford to hitch the price up to $60 where a bikini generally goes for around $20 (not including discounts on either), because that higher price would also cut into the potential sales. I know some of the PA's make stuff for Daz on the side, while they mostly earn from some other job, and they can sometimes afford to spend that time on all those necessary details. But there are also some PA's who mostly make a living from what they sell here, and they just can't afford to spend that amount of time on one release, because their Daz paycheck is required to pay their bills, and they can't postpone receiving it.

    By

    Drip Drip April 2024 in The Commons
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    frank0314 said:

    benniewoodell, MelanieL, reported both of these and they said they are gonna look into them.

    Thanks, Frank - now I don't know  whether they found the problem or something else changed, but I just came back to my laptop after dinner and a TV evening and got the cookie question on the first store page I landed on and the first one or two pages in the forum, clicked to accept and (crossed fingers) have not had any more cookie popups. I hope it continues this way!

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL April 2024 in The Commons
  • Braided Hairstyles for Genesis 8 Female

    Hello Nala, welcome!

    Something else to look out for is the hair morphs.  For example, if you look at the morph list (in the What's Included and Features section) of Alma Hair (not what you're looking for, just using it as an example), you will find some morphs that say

    • Back-Wave
    • Front-Wavy-L
    • Front-Wavy-R

    Now, I do not have this particular hair, but I have several that look straight in the promos, but when you load the hair there are options like that to add some wave to it.  They usually are not very strong, but it does change the look.  The best thing would probably be to choose a hair that you really like that has wave (or sometimes it says curl) morphs, and ask in the forum about that hair specifically.  If someone there has it, maybe they can tell you how strong the effect is.  If not, it's a bit of a pain, but you can buy it, try it, and if it's not what you want you can return it.

    Good luck in your search!

    By

    Fae3D Fae3D April 2024 in Product Suggestions
  • * Closed * RRRR "Picture, or it didn't happen" Render Contest

    List of some previous RRRR Contests

    In the PC Members Only forum: 
    RRRR Summer Edition ( 13 June 2012 - 15 July 2012) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2065/
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5053/

    RRRR “Back to Reality / My Summer Memory (15 August 2012 - 23 September 2012) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5759/
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9315/

    In The Commons: RRRR Commons Premiere (9 October 2012 - 18 November 2012) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9325/
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12867/

    RRRR “Sayings” Contest (6 December 2012 - 31 December 2012) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12867/
    Entries-Only Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12877/
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15094/

    RRRR Contest (18 January 2013 - 24 February 2013) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15285/
    Entries-Only Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15307/
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17908/

    RRRR “April Fool” Contest (with “Mini” Contests) (21 March 2013 - 21 April 2013) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19109/
    Entries-Only Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19108/ ;
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21780/

    RRRR Summer Contest (23 May 2013 - 4 August 2013) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21780/
    Entries-Only Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22664/ ;
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27864/

    RRRR “Chain” Render Contest (15 September 2013 - 13 October 2013) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29000/closed-rrrr-chain-render-contest/
    Entries-Only Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28997/ ;
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31526/

    RRRR “Chain” Render Contest - Round II (1 November 2013 - 1 December 2013) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31615/
    Entries-Only Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31760/
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33417/

    RRRR “Story” Contest (4 December 2013 - 12 January 2014) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33479/
    Entries-Only Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33478/ ;
    Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/36407/

    RRRR - One day in XXXs life Render Contest: 13 February 2014 - 16 Mars 2014) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37042/
    Entries only thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37041/
    Winners thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/39504/

    RRRR Classic (19 May 2014 - 22 June 2014) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41451/
    Entries only/Winners; http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9325/

    RRRR Freak Accindents (15 July 2014 - 10 August 2014) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/43832/
    Entries only/Winners: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/43830/

    RRRR Back to renders ( 25 Aug 2014 - 28 September 2014) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45619/
    Entries only/Winners: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45617/

    RRRR Things to do before you die ( 13 October 2014 - November 9 2014) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/47518/
    Entries only/Winners: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/47517/

    RRRR Unleashed (3 December 2014 - 11 January 2015) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/49497/
    Entries only/Winners: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/49496/

    RRRR Not on the screen ( 29 January 2015 - 1 March 2015) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/52007/
    Entries only: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/52006/
    Voting & winners: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53400/

    RRRR Just Random (25 March 2015 - 3 May 2015) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54371/
    Entries only thread and Winners: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54370/

    RRRR Unlikely Occupations (20 Jun 2015 - 2 August 2015 )   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56841/contest-rrrr-unlikely-occupations-with-prizes
    Entries only thread:http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56835/
    Winners thread:http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/61494/rrrr-unlikely-occupations-winners-announced

    RRRR Stupid is as stupid does (September 1 2015 - October 4 2015) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/61970/rrrr-stupid-is-as-stupid-does-render-contest-closed/
    Entries thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/61969/rrrr-stupid-is-as-stupid-does-entries-only-thread
    Winners thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/64971/rrrr-stupid-is-as-stupid-does-winners-announced

    RRRR Murphy's Law (November 15 2015 - Sunday January 10 2016) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66026/rrrr-murphy-s-law-render-contest-closed/
    Entries Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66025/rrrr-murphy-s-law-entries-only-thread
    Winners thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/70820/rrrr-murphy-winners-announced

    RRRR The sequel ( February 11 2016 to Sunday March 20 2016) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/71563/rrrr-the-sequel-render-contest-closed/
    Entries Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/71562/rrrr-the-sequel-entries-only-thread
    Winners thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/78321/rrrr-sequels-winners-announced

    RRRR Story ( April 8 2016 to Sunday May 15 2016) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/78671/closed-rrrr-story-render-contest/p1 ;
    Entries Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/78666/rrrr-story-contest-entries-only-thread ;
    Winners thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/92406/rrrr-story-winners-announced

    RRRR Twisted Lyrics (June 7 2016 to July 31 2016) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/92481/rrrr-twisted-lyrics-contest
    Entries Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/92471/rrrr-twisted-lyrics-entries-only-thread
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/108966/rrrr-twisted-lyrics-winners-announced ;

    RRRR What does it mean (September 11 2016 to October 30 2016) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/112771/rrrr-what-does-it-mean-render-contest
    Entries Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/112766/rrrr-what-does-it-mean-entries-only-thread
    Winners Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/127361/rrrr-what-does-it-mean-winners-announced

    RRRR Alternative Holidays Render Contest (November 17 2016 to January 15 2017)  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/127526/closed-rrrr-alternative-holidays-render-contest
    Entries Thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/127521/rrrr-alternate-holidays-entries-only-thread
    Winners Thread:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/147326/rrrr-alternative-holidays-winners-announced

    RRRR - It could be true - 5th anniversary contest (February 20 -2017 to Sunday April 2 2017): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/149891/rrrr-it-could-be-true-5th-anniversary-contest
    Entries Thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/149886/rrrr-it-could-be-true-entries-only-thread
    Winners Thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/167426/rrrr-it-could-be-true-winners-announced

    RRRR A long time ago or Far far away Contest (June 22 2017 to Sunday August 20 2017): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/178416/closed-rrrr-a-long-time-ago-or-far-far-away-contest ;
    Entries:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/178406/rrrr-a-long-time-ago-or-far-far-away-entries-only-thread
    Winners: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/197491/rrrr-a-long-time-ago-or-far-far-away-content-winners

     RRRR They're ba..ack ( September 16  2017 to Sunday October 29 2017) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/198056/rrrr-the-re-ba-ack-render-contest
    Entries: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/198051/rrrr-they-re-baa-ack-entries-only-thread
    Winners: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/214026/rrrr-they-re-ba-ack-winners-announced

    RRRR - What can go wrong? (Monday November 27 2017 to Sunday January 14 2018) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/214591/rrrr-what-can-go-wrong-render-contest
    Entries: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/214586/rrrr-what-can-go-wrong-entries-only-thread
    Winners:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/232941/rrrr-what-can-go-wrong-winners-announced

    RRRR Judged by the cover ( Saturday February 17 2018 to Sunday April 1st 2018) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/233496/closed-rrrr-judged-by-the-cover-render-contest
    Entries: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/233491/rrrr-judged-by-the-cover-entries-only-thread
    Winners: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/249461/rrrr-judged-by-the-cover-winners

    RRRR - Error 404 Not Found! (Sunday May 6 2018  to  Sunday July 22 2018) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/251026/rrrr-error-404-not-found-render-contest
    Entries: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/251021/rrrr-error-404-not-found-entries-only-thread
    Winners: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/277091/rrrr-404-not-found-winners

    RRRR RRRR Muddled Maxims ( Sunday September 16, 2018 to  Sunday November 18 ) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/278006/closed-rrrr-muddled-maxims-render-contest/
    Entries: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/278006/closed-rrrr-muddled-maxims-render-contest
    Winners: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/302491/rrrr-muddled-maxims-winners-announced

    RRRR Build it and they will come ( Sunday October 20 2019 to   Sunday December 15 2019 ) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/360136/rrrr-built-it-and-they-will-come-render-contest/
    Entries: Entries only thread

    RRRR - But you promised entries thread (this one was the last and we never got enough votes, thats why no winners were selected) (Wednesday December 25 2019 to  Sunday February 16 2020 ) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/374106/rrrr-but-you-promised-render-contest-closed

    RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses (another one where we tried a new voting system, that worked, but then wanted a shitload of money to actually get the vote results (as it was past the 10 day free trial time) (May 3 2021 to Sunday June 13  2021 : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/497476/rrrrr-coming-late-excuses-voting-thread-closed

    RRRR - Back From the dead: (Monday April 3 2023 to Sunday May 28 2023) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/627661/closed-rrrr-back-from-the-dead-render-contest
    Entries thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/627656/rrrr-back-from-the-dead-entries-only-thread/
    Winners: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/642826/winners-rrrr-back-from-the-dead-contest

    RRRR "Behind the scenes": (WednesDay September 14 2023 to Sunday October 29 2023) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/650126/rrrr-behind-the-scenes-render-contest-closed
    Entries thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/650121/rrrr-behind-the-scenes-entries-only-thread
    Winners: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/660276/rrrr-behind-the-scenes-winners-announced#latest

    RRRR "That went well" (Thursday November 23 2023, to Sunday January 28 2024 ) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/660851/closed-rrrr-that-went-well-render-contest/p1
    Entries only: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/660846/rrrr-that-went-well-entries-only-thread

    RRRR "As the story goes" (Saturday February 3, 2024, to Sunday March 31 2024 ) 
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/672471/rrrr-as-the-story-goes-render-contest-closed/
    Entries thread:https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/672466/rrrr-as-the-story-goes-entries-only-thread
    Winners:https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/683131/winners-announced-rrrr-as-the-story-goes-render-contest

    By

    Totte Totte April 2024 in Art Studio
  • * Closed * RRRR "Picture, or it didn't happen" Render Contest

    The RRRR is back for another round!

    This time the theme is "Picture, or it didn't happen". It's a theme with endless possibilities, just render something that the render proves it really happened.

    RRRR stands for Random Runtime Roulette Renders, and it's a contest that has been running for over seven years until it needed a well deserved break. We invite anyone to enter, specially all those new users who have shown up the past years. This is not the usual make a very nice render contest but more like tell a really great story, often fun, with your render!

    How does it work?
    Make your pull of 4 items, and if your any Lucky Bastards, you pull one extra item per LB.

    Who can play?
    
Anyone can play!

    How do you prepare yourself for play?
    
The rules are very simple, but first you need to have all your items in some kind of order in a text file, dumped from the itemized history into a text file or a spread sheet. Remove things like software, gift certs, and special plugins from the list and items that wil not work with the software you work with.
 For example if you have items for Poser, Bryce or Carrara, and want to use DAZ Studio, remove those other items from your list. If you have loads of older figures, M3, M4, a ton of non Iray stuff and you only want to use Studio with Iray, remove all the junk from you list. 

    Then you use a randomizer to randomly pick items from your list (your Runtime/My Library) for your start pull . You can use items from any store. Now build a scene with those 4 items plus any other items you want to add to make a fun scene. For newcomers I heartly recommend looking at the previous contests below to get ideas how you can do this. 

    Working randomizer:: https://www.random.org/integers

    There are some situations where you allowed to redraw, these are:


    - You pulled something that doesn’t work, broken thing, only works in a version / software not used etc etc, or you forgot to remove that item from you list even though you knew it wont work, or figure that out later.
    - You pulled a software or add-on to a software or anything you should have filtered out from the list.
    - You pulled only huge environment props and will not be able to render a scene without crashing.
    - You pulled an item you already have been using in two RRRR renders in this content and that was picked randomly. Three is a curse - rule!

    Lucky Bastard Rule!
    I say this again: If you have Lucky Bastards, you pull one extra item for each LB you have, simple as that. 
    Explaination of Lucky Bastards. 
    Lucky Bastards, or LBs, are a form of handicap system which makes the contest a little more difficult for those who have won. No lucky bastards are in play now, but will be for the next run.


    Current Lucky Bastards Standings:

    Player LB count
    Lucy45 1
    Totte 1
    acb 1
    aprilshowers2065 1

    How to play?
    You pull, you compose and you Render. You post your images and pulls in this thread (Don't miss that, entries without pulls and posts in this thread will be disqualified!!).
    Then 
    the entry should also be posted in the Entries only thread

    Bundles
    If you pull a bundle, use two or three complete items from it, or more if you like, but you do not need to use all, but only picking a hairpin from Victoria 8 Pro Bundle is “too little”. Clarification: A bundle still counts as only one pulled item.

    Poses, Expressions and textures/colors
    If you pull a pose pack, an expression pack or a texture/color pack, you only need to use one of them, not all. For example if you pull 500 expressions for Genesis 8 Female, use one, if you pull 128 colors for Frappe Hair, use one.
    Accidenty breaking the TOS
    If your entry is removed by the forum mods because it accidentally, not deliberate, broke the TOS, you do not have to redo that entry but can move on and make a new pull. 

    The rules of madness! 
    Now you have successfully and randomly picked your items, make a scene, you can add other items as well but the one you picked should be prominent or cleverly used. Render it, post it and make us all laugh! Remember though that the renders must follow the TOS of the forum. As we have a theme on the contest, the render should in some way touch that theme. 

    The contest categories! 
    There are two categories Best and Funniest. Every image will compete in both categories.

    Contest duration!
    It starts now at  Friday April 19, 2024, and will go on all over the holidays until Sunday June 23, 2024 at 23:59:59 local DAZ time.

    This months sponsors so far:
    Totte (Code 66) is sponsoring with two items from his store
    Elliandra is sponsoring with two items from her store
    acb has sponsored with a $20 DAZ GC.
    Luci45 has sponsored with a $25 DAZ GC.

    We want more sponsors!

    Do you want to sponsor the RRRR?
    Please chip in a gift card sponsorship, sponsors can play, they should play, they are even extra encouraged to play, as sponsors always plays for keeps.

    Maximum number of entries? 
    For this round it will be a maximum of 12 entries per player.

    So, good luck and start your render engines!

     

    By

    Totte Totte April 2024 in Art Studio
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    I''m getting the cookie popup on every forum page now, even though I accept cookies every time. Chrome, Windows 11.

    By

    butterflyfish butterflyfish April 2024 in The Commons
  • [Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

    RiverSoft Art said:

    barbult said:

    RiverSoft Art said:

    barbult said:

    If deleting data files is critical, why is it not even mentioned in the PDF manual? Based on previous forum comments, I did delete data files before trying again. At least they have CV in the folder name now, so they are a little easier to identify.

    It is mentioned in the script dialog instructions:

    If you want to convert the same hair twice, it is HIGHLY recommended to create a new, empty scene to clear out that cache before trying the second conversion. You should also delete the data files for the badly converted hair (see manual).

    AND in the manual:

    If you have converted hair twice, you can often get errors because the first conversion’s morphs can be active when converting the second time. If you want to try reconverting a hair, it is always recommended to find the data/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME/HAIR NAME folder and deleting it. This is NOT the folder in My Daz 3D Library (which would be the original hair) but in the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager (which is usually My Library) 

    What else should I do?

    Well, nothing I guess. I couldn't find that in the manual for some reason, in spite of searching the manual for data and delete. But you are correct. It is stated in the manual. I apologize for not finding it and suggesting it wasn't there.

    No problem @Barbult.  But if you could not find it when you are looking for it, that is bad.  Is there something I could do to make it more obvious?  Rereading it, I say "recommended" when it should be "required" or something like that.  For some reason with this new method, converting twice seems to be guaranteed to fail if files are around.

    I suppose ideally, the converter would delete those old files itself. It must know what they are named, since it is about to recreate them. Is there a reason that you already rejected that idea?

    By

    barbult barbult April 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    Here's what the main forum page looks like and what Malwarebytes claims to be blocking.

    ETA: Also what the main store page looks like.

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL April 2024 in The Commons
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    Richard Haseltine said:

    MelanieL said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Is your browser or security software deleting cookies? Are you running ana d blocker, and if so which one?

    I'm getting this today too (yesterday I was getting a smaller popup about cookies). Both are annoying. I have Malwarebytes installed and Chrome browser. Setting the ad-blocker "off" for the Daz website makes no difference (except that I then get an advert popup half-obscuring the cookie one).

    I thought this was supposed to be being looked at/worked on yesterday? 

    You are getting an ad in the store?

    Sorry Richard I can't remember whether it was store or forum. It wasn't exactly an ad, just a white bar along the bottom of the browser window with blue-edged boxes inside which were empty but had a little blue "x" in the corner, which I took to be an ad popup. I didn't screenshot it and today I can't seem to reproduce it.

    I am still getting the annoying cookie popup on every page of both store and forum today.

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL April 2024 in The Commons
  • How to make my G8F's eyes look in the correct direction

    Hey guys! Perhaps this has already been clarified in older threads on this forum, but I'm having some difficulties getting the eyes of my two G8F characters to look in the correct direction!

    A few days ago I started a new mini comic series involving Abby and Ellie from The Last Of Us Part II (both are Daz3D wrap characters based on Genesis 8 Female). And one of the scenes I rendered, Abby sneakily grabs Ellie from behind and Abby's eyes should be looking up at Ellie with a "malicious" expression, and Ellie's eyes should be down looking at Abby's pistol with a fearful expression. The problem occurs that Abby and Ellie's eyes appear to be fine in the Texture Shaded view, but when I activate the Iray view or render the entire scene, Abby and Ellie's eyes look strange, as if Abby were looking "into space" and Ellie's eyes are not as low looking at Abby's pistol as they should be in the Texture Shading view. How can I fix this?

    By

    Magic Dragon 3D Magic Dragon 3D April 2024 in The Commons
  • [Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

    barbult said:

    RiverSoft Art said:

    barbult said:

    If deleting data files is critical, why is it not even mentioned in the PDF manual? Based on previous forum comments, I did delete data files before trying again. At least they have CV in the folder name now, so they are a little easier to identify.

    It is mentioned in the script dialog instructions:

    If you want to convert the same hair twice, it is HIGHLY recommended to create a new, empty scene to clear out that cache before trying the second conversion. You should also delete the data files for the badly converted hair (see manual).

    AND in the manual:

    If you have converted hair twice, you can often get errors because the first conversion’s morphs can be active when converting the second time. If you want to try reconverting a hair, it is always recommended to find the data/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME/HAIR NAME folder and deleting it. This is NOT the folder in My Daz 3D Library (which would be the original hair) but in the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager (which is usually My Library) 

    What else should I do?

    Well, nothing I guess. I couldn't find that in the manual for some reason, in spite of searching the manual for data and delete. But you are correct. It is stated in the manual. I apologize for not finding it and suggesting it wasn't there.

    No problem @Barbult.  But if you could not find it when you are looking for it, that is bad.  Is there something I could do to make it more obvious?  Rereading it, I say "recommended" when it should be "required" or something like that.  For some reason with this new method, converting twice seems to be guaranteed to fail if files are around.

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art April 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    As a european I am probably a bit more relaxed when it comes to nudity than many people in North America. In the end I guess it's simply a business decision. Just go to DeviantArt and search for DAZStudio. The vast majority of the results will be females in various states of undressing, so there's clearly a market.

    By

    Laurita Laurita April 2024 in The Commons
  • Fatal Error still because of OOT Hair?

    Hello,
    After a very long time I used DAZ again, but after starting my 3rd picture, I got my first Fatal Error, kept trying, over and over again.
    Until I noticed on YouTube something about OOT, also here on the forum.
    But despite that, I keep having errors, very frustrating because I had an interesting story in mind.
    I sadly don't have the budget to buy same new haircuts, so are there solutions?
    It seems like an old problem.

    By

    robindinhotheunissen robindinhotheunissen April 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    I don't mind if Daz has a human sort through and put the appopriate products in a mature content category. I'm another life drawer and have no issue with nudity, but think it's sensible to keep pornographic content out of the main search results.

    I'm glad I can buy the products through the Daz store - I am very lazy when it comes to installing and tracking third party content.

    By

    sid sid April 2024 in The Commons
  • A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established.

    I just had this problem and I believe it was actually some kind of authorization problem caused by a previous installation on a machine where I recently tried to install Daz again.

    After installing through DIM the postgres connection worked fine, I would also get my products in smart content, but there was still that "Could not establish valid Postgres connection" error when starting Daz. To solve it I had to not just uninstall everything Daz related, but also manually delete %APPDATA%\DAZ 3D and everything else I could find, then also use regedit to search for "DAZ 3D" and delete all relevant keys there as well (one in particular had all kinds of Daz settings, like my login email I think).

    After I've done that it worked again.

    You can tell if you've really cleaned up your old installation if Daz asks you to participate in the DAZ Studio improvement program on first startup, and asks you to login etc. If it doesn't do that then you still have some stale login data that I believe can cause this error.

     

    By

    Rakete Rakete April 2024 in The Commons
  • [Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

    RiverSoft Art said:

    barbult said:

    If deleting data files is critical, why is it not even mentioned in the PDF manual? Based on previous forum comments, I did delete data files before trying again. At least they have CV in the folder name now, so they are a little easier to identify.

    It is mentioned in the script dialog instructions:

    If you want to convert the same hair twice, it is HIGHLY recommended to create a new, empty scene to clear out that cache before trying the second conversion. You should also delete the data files for the badly converted hair (see manual).

    AND in the manual:

    If you have converted hair twice, you can often get errors because the first conversion’s morphs can be active when converting the second time. If you want to try reconverting a hair, it is always recommended to find the data/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME/HAIR NAME folder and deleting it. This is NOT the folder in My Daz 3D Library (which would be the original hair) but in the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager (which is usually My Library) 

    What else should I do?

    Well, nothing I guess. I couldn't find that in the manual for some reason, in spite of searching the manual for data and delete. But you are correct. It is stated in the manual. I apologize for not finding it and suggesting it wasn't there.

    By

    barbult barbult April 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

    PerttiA said:

    beregar said:

    Semi-Complaint: My youtube hours have gone significantly down since I decided I would stop watching any youtube vid that advertised me "feminine products". I'm not in the correct demographic for tampons, pads, menstrual cups, period underwear and/or pregnancy clothes, lip gloss, moisturizers and whatever the hell they insist I absolutely need - and those are pretty much the only ads I get despite allowing targeted ads.

    Like my youtube history is all about physics (i.e. Sabine Hossenfelder), climate technology (i.e. Just Have a Think) and funny science vids (i.e. Kurzgesagt), wildlife protection & climate change news (i.e. Planet Wild and Mossy Earth), tiger and other exotic feline videos (because housecats are so last year!), and country comparison channels and shorts (i.e. Type Ashton) and a bit of rock climbing, fitness, gardening, funny gaming channels and animations in the mix... and this pretty much extends to my search history in addition to local news, 3d stuff and wikipedia.

    Apparently with that browsing history you get tampons?

    There are tampons for men too blush 

    I can't even begin to imagine how that works logistically but I assume it's one of those "I'm too old or too young for this [stuff]" situations and just point out that they definitely are not something I can ever imagine needing myself - though who knows, because as I have eluded before, I literally can't imagine.

    After spending 20 minutes delving on my google ad settings and app connections I believe I managed to YET AGAIN remove both clothing and women's clothing from the "trending topics"... or at least apply the "see fewer like this" as the button is called.

    Not sure if they actually apply here but I guess if they pop back I should just accept the loss and start buying dressess and pads... Not sure what I'm gonna do with them though.

    By

    beregar beregar April 2024 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.