RRRR "As the story goes" Entries only thread

TotteTotte Posts: 13,513

Read this carefully as I say this only once!

You should not put each render here, but the complete entry block, a story, made up of at least two renders.
No chit-chat or comments in this thread, only RRRR contest entry blocks. See the example below.

You enter you tag and entry #
A name of the entry (Dont forget that)

Images from pulls with some text, in the order they fit your story.

Example:

Jack#01

How did I end up here?

<Pull #2 image, a prequel>

This is me at the age of ten, making cardboad asylums in the art class.

<Pull #1 image, the first image>

This is me know - wondering why I don't make nice 3D asylums anymore, but just spend my days in Zoom meetings.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Tag: Fixmypcmike #1

Title: "A Mystery in Red: A Darius Finn Adventure"

"The Game Is Afoot!"

Darius Finn pondered the strange display set before him:  a plate of red grapes, and a fake gift box.  The box was wrapped in a ribbon like a gift, but had no lid and could not be opened without cutting it apart.  Judging from its 

weight and the lack of any change when moved, there was nothing inside.  The grapes were real, the plate on which they rested nondescript.  No one had seen the person who had left the objects.  Clearly someone was sending him a message, but the meaning eluded him.  The game was afoot!

"A Grave Affront"

In search of answers, Darius headed into town.  However, his journey was interrupted when he was struck from behind.  When he awakened, he found himself in an unfamiliar forest in a small cemetery, beside an open grave.  Across the grave, a women reclined atop a coffin.
    "Good to have you awake, Mr. Finn.  May I call you Mr. Finn?"
    "As we have not been formally introduced, it would seem to be the most suitable option.  Might I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"
    "I am Janna, Mr. Finn."
    "And might I know the name of the person due to take residence in this plot?  I should add that using his or her coffin as a divan seems rather disrespectful."
    "Oh, this box is unoccupied, Mr. Finn, and I'm rather hoping it will stay that way."
    Darius would have asked what role he was to play in keeping that coffin empty, but he suddenly found himself uable to speak as he drifted into unconsciousness.

"The Final Chapter -- Red Sky At Morning"

When Darius next awoke, he found himself surrounded by figures with swords.  After the initial shock, he realized that they were statues, six women carved out of red marble.  He was seated in the armchair in his study, and it was morning.

He studied the six statues.  They all had the same build, and the same short hair, but the faces were all different, old, young, of different nationalities.  The swords, however, were real -- naval sabres, in fact.  He began to piece together the clues.  The gift-wrapped box, a box not meant to be opened, with nothing inside -- like the empty coffin in the graveyard.  A red box, red grapes, and now red statues.

And naval sabres.  There's that old naval adage, "red sky at morning, sailors take warning."  But the statues were all women, even old women, not likely to be found on a naval vessel.

He snapped his fingers.  There is a place where such an array of women could be found amongst naval weaponry -- a munitions factory.  Perhaps the red grapes represented grapeshot.  He was being warned about an explosion at a nearby factory.

Time to save some lives!

THE END

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited February 7

tag:luci45 #1
    Fox Tails

Fox Tails Comic.jpg
    1500 x 1929 - 798K
    Post edited by luci45 on

Tag: Fixmypcmike series #2

Title:  "The Beginning and the End"

Part 1: The Present Day (2024)

"He's doing it again," Brijitte whispered.
    "They're just playing pieces," MynX replied.
    "He's.  Doing.  It.  Again!" Brijitte enunciated through clenched teeth.
    MynX sighed.  "I know.  What the hell do we do about it?"

Part 2: Six Years Ago (2018)

Brijitte was ready to scream with frustration, but she knew that wouldn't get her anywhere.  She forced herself to remain calm and focused.  All she knew so far was that she needed to find a person, a boy.  Why?  She had no clue.  What was she supposed to do when she found him?  No idea.  What was special about him?  Unknown.  What he looked like, how old he was, the smoke revealed nothing.

Time to try a different tack.  She cast another divination.

"Who can lead me to the boy?"

Finally the smoke began to reveal something.  A woman holding a sword.  Battered and bruised, her clothing torn, but her stance suggested she had been victorious.

FIND HER, AND YOU WILL FIND THE BOY

Well, that was something.  At least she knew what this woman looked like.  Much better odds than finding one boy out of a billion.

Part 3: Five Years Ago (2019)

The giant monster MynX had run through with her sword had shrunk to the form of a human woman.  "I sure hope that means it's dead," she muttered.  "One down, two to go."

Or, not.  The other monsters were gone, nothing left but two giant skulls.  And a kid.  Where the hell did he come from?  And how the hell did he do -- whatever he did?"

Part 4: Five years from now (2029)

This was probably the first time in the past ten years that Brijitte and MynX were thinking the exact same thing.

"Is this the end of the world?  Well, if it is, I probably won't be alive long enough to see it."

Fixmypcmike  Series #3
    Title:  "The Actor's Lament"

"Hang on, guys, I need to take this."
    "If it's your agent, tell him you're fired."

"Look, I understand what you're going through, man.  You think I haven't had to fight against being typecast?  But the whole concept of American Samurai is that Noah sticks out like a sore thumb in a sea of Asian faces.  Ain't no amount of makeup gonna make you look Asian."

As he handed Shirley a cup of coffee, he finally felt like he'd found a studio that understood him.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,513
    edited April 1

Totte#1
    "​The mystery"

The vanishing furniture

It all started when private investigator Sarah McDoughty was hired by the antiques dealer Johann Van Den Berg to track some stolen furniture that were imported from South America, but mysteriously vanished at the docks. She tracked the shipment to an abandoned and slightly derelict castle owned by the property developer Fredrick Baker, also known by the police as Big Freddy. She found a mysterious white powder in one the antique stools.

Never bring a gun to a knife fight!

Private investigator Sarah McDoughty was on a case. She was sitting in a rundown hotel room when she heard voices outside the door. The door opened and three armed men entered the room. Sarah picked up some of her throwing knives from her time at the circus, and in a split second, all three goons were taken care of. She looked at them and said; - "Tell Big Freddy that you never bring guns to a knife fight", then she left through the window and disappeared into the night.

The Beaune Identity

Sarah McDoughty decided to shadow Big Freddy, and he took a boat over the channel from Dover to Calais in France, where he went by train to Paris, where he changed train station to Gare De Lyon and took another train to Beaune. In Beaune, he went to Hotel-Dieu de Beaune and met a man in an aviator uniform, and they shook hands and disappears into the hotel. Sarah didn't see the woman with a gun, also shadowing Big Freddy, but she was curious, who was that pilot fella?

Caught in the act

Back in London, Sarah McDoughty decided to stake out some of Big Freddy's other properties, and she ran into another woman doing the same thing, Cécile Maret from the French Police. She told Sarah that Big Freddy was working together with Fabian Petite, a notorious French criminal and smuggler. They decided to catch Big Freddy in one of his warehouses, filled with stolen silver and gold ware, stolen from castles all over continental Europe. When Big Freddy realised that we has caught with his fingers in the jam jar, he said: -"Girl, let's talk about this. I have some very nice apartments I can let you rent, for free.", but they didn't fall for his sweet talking. 

But that was not all, there were also several barrels of French red wine, that had been prepared using forbidden chemicals, to make it age faster. The chemicals, smuggled into Europe from South America as they were banned in Europe.

Post edited by Totte on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited February 26

Checking It Out

Theo was working at his sister’s clothing store when he came across something really weird.  He called her up and she called the police which might’ve been a mistake.

The police didn’t seem interested in a missing person-- possibly zapped to death and turned to green goop by space aliens.  Instead, they wanted to know if Theo had been drinking or taking any medicines that might have side effects.  

Alex felt sorry for her little brother being given a toxicology test.  Third time this week.  Not Theo.  People being turned into goop.  She decided to get rid of the Lovecraft “HP” model self checkout machine.  Thought occurred to Alex that ‘self check out’ might have more than one meaning.  “Checked out to where?”  She wondered.      

Alex was going to smash the checkout machine with a sledge hammer, but no sooner than she’d hit it...

...Than she found herself in a very strange place.  

A woman playing piano was very talkative.  As an Asian-American, she thought being forced to play “Chopsticks” was racist.  And where was her agent.  And when she got back to New York, she was going to sue everyone into oblivion.  And...

Alex asked the woman if she’d been using a self checkout stand.  

The woman went on complaining.  She hadn’t graduated Summa Cum Loudly at Juliard to play “Chopsticks.”  She’d been playing a tonal dissonance sonata at the philharmonic.  And she was going have her attorneys sue.  And...

That gave Alex an idea.  She asked the woman to play the very worst (or best) harmonic dissonance sonata.  The woman had no sooner started playing it when Alex heard something yelling.

“Stop that!  Do you want to put us in another galaxy?”

The strange new art-music seemed to have worked.

Alex was back home and glad she owned a clothing store.  (Seems ‘self checkout’ meant people -- not much else.)

Theo meanwhile, had called the Lovecraft company to remove the machine.  The man who came for it seemed a little strange-- even for Los Angeles.  Why was he wearing ‘Lizard Eye’ contact lenses and acting like he was possessed or something?  Protesting the Capitalist/Feudal system no doubt.  Theo could relate and no matter.  At least they were rid of the checkout machine.

For one of the few times in their lives, as brother and sister, Alex and Theo agreed.  Whatever that machine had been-- and what ever else had happened-- the less said about it the better!

Post edited by Tynkere on
    edited February 28

luci45 #2 
    Sandwich King

Sandwich King_5x.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 745K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • katywhitekatywhite Posts: 414
    edited March 17

katywhite:#1
    Title: A New Competitor
    Caption: The newest competitor for the show jumping competition may have been enthusiastic, but didn't understand the rules. The handyman Aran was also not too pleased with all his work being rapidly undone.

Title: The New Competitor Returns
    Caption: After explaining their stead had to be a four legged animal, it was clear in the second half of the event that the newest competitor for the show jumping competition still didn't fully understand the rules.

As the story goes a new competitor revised_edited.png
    2000 x 2000 - 8M
    As the Story Goes A New Competitor second story part_edited.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
    Post edited by katywhite on
    edited April 1

Totte #2
    "Space fairytale"

Campfire stories

Out of luck to find work, Will went to the camp site at the high peek of mount Souza. There he met Chris, a former star-fleet pilot, and proud owner of a ship named Century Goose. Chris was in company with his first mate, Naomi, and the bot DBU-1802. Chris was looking for an additional crew member for his transportation operations, as Naomi had decided to jump ship and retire.

Not to be late for a wedding

The crew of the spaceship Century Goose, got a very odd transport request. Crates with special flowers for the wedding of the daughter of Governor Fidel van Stout, Gabriella van Stout. The wedding was to take place in the only town on the planet Foxton, Foxton city. The flowers are very special can cannot be grown at Foxton, as they require an atmosphere with a high level of Argon, an atmosphere humans cannot survive in. The flowers can only grow on Basilax XII, far out in the outer rim. Suddenly, on the way back, the Argon FLTZ feeder unit sounded an alarm. There was some kind of blockage in the heat exchange unit, but a quick repair fixed it.

Computer says no

Will, Kento and Chris, three independent out rim cargo transporters, by some called smugglers, arrived at the moon Firo-VII to refuel their vessel Century Goose. The automatic fuel station refused to accept their transponder codes, it just said "Computer says no". Chris, who had worked at a similar station knew where to give it a little nudge. After the little nudge it said "The codes are old but they still checks out" and then they could finally fuel up.

A political marriage

When they finally reached Foxton city on Foxton, the flowers were delivered and Will thought that this was it, but, Governor Fidel van Stout asked Will to be the unrelated witness at the marriage. A marriage witness is a tradition here in the outer rim, to prevent  forced marriages. The witness has one purpose, to check that both parties are committed to the marriage by their own free will. Will realised that in this case, Gabriella van Stout was not. Her father has a huge debt to Sir Davac, his soon to be son in law, a debt that would be erased by the marriage.

The Escape

Will took Miss van Stout under the arm and they made a quick exit through the church backdoor. He found an air motorcycle, and they rode off towards the old water mine, in ancient times call an oasis. There, they met Max Fredricks, privateer and smuggler. They decided to come aboard his large ship, and leave Foxton for good. Mr Fredricks looked at Will and said, when Miss Stout could not hear, "I think you have something going on there..."

The Kiss

After they successfully escaped Foxton, and took a lift with Max Fredricks to the small moon of Zepa-VII, Will and miss Stout finally got s moment for themselves. Miss Stout said at the small bar table: "Will, you are my knight in shining armour, my hero, my prince!". Will got so touched that he moved over to her side, and kissed her, and poof, he was turned into a gigantic toad, and they lived happily ever after.

Post edited by Totte on
  • aprilshowers2065#1 

Vivian's Grand Adventure

Security Rex

It was supposed to be an easy job. Vivian hadn't asked what was in the box; she didn't care. All that mattered was getting the job done, and getting paid. 
    The security system protecting the warehouse had been a joke; bypassing the lone camera along the back wall had been a piece of cake. She had also located the box without any issue. Unfortunately, she had underestimated the security guard. Not only was she unsure how he'd managed to detect her presence, he was unusually persistent about chasing her.
    Though to be fair, that wasn't the only thing unusual about him...

Into the Pool

Shaking off the security guard wasn't easy, but Vivian finally gave him the slip by ducking past a sign marked "Closed for Renovations". The only downside was she was now running down a corridor she didn't remember seeing on the floorplan of this place. Well, she managed to keep track of which direction she was headed in. She should reach the outer wall soon, and then...
    Before she could finish that thought, the seemingly solid floor beneath her gave way and she found herself falling... right into an overgrown pool.
    "Wait, I thought I was on the lowest level, though?" Vivian managed before she splashed beneath the surface.

Meerkat Says...
    Vivian wasn't a great swimmer, but she was pretty sure that she wasn't so bad that it would take her this long to reach the surface. But no matter how many strokes she made, the water seemed to stretch endlessly above her. Just when she thought her lungs would burst, Vivian broke through the surface, gasping for air. Coughing, she glanced around, trying to get her bearings.
    "Wait, didn't this room look a little different on the way down..."
    Angry chittering interrupted her musings and made her look up. Then continue to blink in confusion. A meerkat wearing an Anubis headdress was angrily gesturing towards her and the floor. Presumably complaining that she was getting water everywhere.
    "I'm sorry, but I don't speak meerkat."
    The meerkat glared at her, then pointed somewhere behind himself, to an open doorway.
    "You want me to go through there...?"

Tunnel Chase

That was the last time she was taking directions from a meerkat! Sure, she'd found a convenient ride on the way, but navigating the seemingly endless tunnels was difficult enough without constant objections from the local residents!

Another Story

"... and that's how I found myself in the middle of the desert."
    "Uh-huh," Vivian's boss didn't even bother looking up from her paperwork as Vivian finished. "Vivian, have you been taking those new meds the doctor prescribed?"
    "What?! You think I just hallucinated the whole thing?!"
    "Well, the prehistoric security guard and the meerkat with a taste for Egyptian attire did point in that direction."
    "You have no right to say something like that when you use a baby dragon to keep all your lamps lit!" 
    "Don't pick on Seamus. He's very good at his job," Vivian's boss reprimended her, "I hope that after all this, you at least got the item delivered."
    "Oh, don't get me started on that. That's a whole 'nother story..."

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,330
    edited March 25

HERBERT'S COSPLAY AWAKENING

Herbert was counting down the hours for the end of day to attend the Comicon Convention down the road, planning to take a photo of his limited edition Shadow Dancer action figure with none other than Vicky Dazzle who immortalized the Character role 20 years earlier.  Luckily his Office manager had an fine appreciation for Cosplay and the entire FanExpo experience, as did some of his co-workers.

HERBERT's LARP Destiny

While the expected Celebrity Guest Appearance failed to show  at the Fan Convention because of inclement weather and airport groundings,  Herbert spent his money of a new Greatsword from a reputable arms dealer at one of the show booths.  Suddenly,  screams echoed out from the Women's restroom, Herbert's ever heroic nature sprang forth to help, only to be sucked into the Steampunk  quantum portal gravity field,  engulfing them all  into a LIVE ACTION ROLE PLAYING LitRPG adventure somewheres else...

HERBERT'S Grand Adventure Acquires the Female Touch
    Though Herbert was certain that a medieval fantasy adventure was in the cards for his life long LARP dream,  a scifi deep space colony scenario on an alien planet, was an unexpected twist.  He doesn't even like that story genre!!!!!   Bringing a toy sword to a laser blaster filled world was not working out as he had planned either. Atleast he has his team of cosplay cohorts to survive another day.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited April 1

Totte #3

"Forklift driver Klaus"

First day on set

Outside the large building of Wyrmwood Studios, located 5 miles east of the middle of nowhere. Forklift driver Klaus has started unload a miniature set for some arial photos of the ancient Aztec city for the movie "Björn the Viking". Simon Pierce, playing Björn and Natasha Volovic, playing Noska, were inspecting the set props arriving.

Roaring Silence

The three adventurers Noska, Karen and Björn were investigating a mysterious wood, when Björn said "Shh, did you hear that?"  The girls both replied "No", and Björn replied "Exactly!".

Forklift driver Klaus

After the success with "Björn the Viking", Simon Pierce and Natasha Volovic were cast to play the adventuring archeologist Minnesota Max and his girlfriend Signorina Montichello in the movie "The Relichunters". Unfortunately forklift driver Klaus was still working at Wyrmwood studios. 

Post edited by Totte on

luci45 #3

August 2025 - Nina's Last Sidewalk Sale
    Odysseus and his weary crew were almost home when they fell under the spell of Godess Gliaalda, whom they had somehow offended.  The Argos was lifted into the skies and Odysseus and crew were cursed with big button eyes.  After many, many years they landed and got fresh outfits at Nida's annual sidewalk sale in Ithaca, NY. 

September 2025 - Return Voyage
    Bored with her clothing store, Nida, a part-time sorceress, agreed to help Odysseus and his crew return home. She also reversed the button-eye curse, to everyone's amazement, including Nida. She also went along for the ride, which was going well until a ragged and unhappy Godess Gliaalda showed up and cursed them again, scattering the Argos and its occupants through time in space.

April 1639 - Prince Ryan's Accidental Conjuring Trick 
    To fix her father's defibrillator, Princess Bridget needed electricity, which her brother, Prince Ryan, conjured in abundance. His mechanations attracted the ship Argos, which dramatically appeared and disappeared in one of Ryan's special spirals.

July 3015 - Unidentified Ariel Phenomenon
    Oscar Newt was enjoying his breakfast on Planet Gaya in a far-away solar system, when the mysterious Argos flew by.

August 2007 -  Return of the Argos Again
    After leaving the skies of Gaya, the Argos journied to Zeta Reticuli where some young Zetans captured it and thought it would be great fun to take it back to Planet Earth. The Argos lost its bouyancy over the back yard of Matt and Carla Turner, sinking into some trees. The Turners were a friendly human couple who understood a bit about space and time, so by applying both human and Zetan technology, and a some magic and luck, the mysterious Argos was ready for another adventure.

July 2009 - The Argos Sails On
    Matt and Carla, after taking the young Zetans back home, began the life of their dreams, an endless voyage through time and space, with many of the comforts of home.

• acbacb Posts: 354
    edited April 1

Tag: acb#1

The Adventures of She-Orc and her talkative Dromedary

Post edited by acb on