RRRR April's fool Winners announced!

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello,

Bohemian3 also knows as the RRRR tallyman has counted the votes and this is the result of the votes.

BEST CATEGORY
1st - warmblood#1 - “I see a tall dark stranger in your future

2nd - Storypilot#1 - Foolish Girl…That Wasn’t the Salt Shaker

3rd - Totte#05 - Do you believe the papers on April 1st?

FUNNIEST CATEGORY
1st obanion#03 - At the Valhalla Off-Ramp Truck Stop Cafe

2nd Totte#05 - Do you believe the papers on April 1st?

3rd Karibousboutique #2 - Best. Date. Ever

Bohemian3's prize for Best newcomer:

Gopherus #2 - My But What Big Teeth You Have!

Vived, ambitious, nice sense of movement in the wolf - a little bit of motion blur would have made this almost perfect! Fun and a great addition to RRRR. Hope to see more!

Grand prize for most votes: warmblood

Prizes as foilows:
1st: $20 DAZ GC plus an item from Totte's store.
2nd: $10 DAZ GC
3rd: $5 DAZ GC
Newcomer prize: $10 DAZ GC
Grand Prize: Item from Jack Tomalin's store

Great job everyone, and what this RRRR really told me is "When everything seems hopeless, think outside the box".

Winners will be contacted soon!

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners!!! Great choices (Same ones I voted for. :lol: )

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners, and thank you! Great and funny pictures all around. I had a fun time participating in this! Thanks for organizing :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

Wow! Thanks Bohemian3
    Congratulations to the winners
    and Very Well Done everyone

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Lol... I am somewhat astonished to see my cross-dressing fairy troll appearing here. Thanks! And congrats to the other awesome winners!! This was sooooo much fun!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners, and once again thanks to Totte and the prize-donators for another great competition.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited May 2013

Congratulations everyone.

The site is not letting me post. This is the fourth time I have tried. Let's see if this one makes it through.

edit: wouldn't you know it would work when I complain just a little. :)

Post edited by zawarkal on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

edit: wouldn't you know it would work when I complain just a little. :)

Well, you know what they say: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!" I'm glad somebody finally resolved the issue for you!

But anyway, I just want to say:

Thank you all! I am humbled, honored, gratified, and (yeah, I'm going to say it out loud) proud. And pleased. And damn-near deliriously happy.

My heartiest congratulations to the other winners (I honestly expected Totte to beat me out, and frankly, I was rather hoping he would - after all, I kind of 'doinked' him on the pull! The down-side is, if the next RRRR plays by the same rules, he's going to be just as screwed as he was for this one! (Another two-fer? Dude, you're a masochist!))

But, once again, Thank you all. And I cannot wait for the next one!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone! I too am already looking forward to the next round. Sometimes I'm tempted to do an out of cycle RRRR just to entertain myself, but I haven't quite gone that far yet. I still pretend to have some self control when it comes to DAZ.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

...congratulations, Warmblood, Storypilot, Totte (x2), Obanion, Karibousboutique, and Gopherus.

Was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next one.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Thanks to everyone participating, sponsoring and helping out, you all make this contest what it is. Without you, the RRRR would never survive.

It's very inspirational to see what how others handle a pull, and you soon realize that the same pull would create as many entries as participants. To cite Brian of Nazareth: - "You are all individuals, you can all think for yourself". There will be more RRRR, I promise, just need to figure out something to prevent it from being just repetitive.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Thanks to everyone participating, sponsoring and helping out, you all make this contest what it is. Without you, the RRRR would never survive.

It's very inspirational to see what how others handle a pull, and you soon realize that the same pull would create as many entries as participants. To cite Brian of Nazareth: - "You are all individuals, you can all think for yourself". There will be more RRRR, I promise, just need to figure out something to prevent it from being just repetitive.

They never seem repetitive to me. Every draw is different. I personally prefer the RRRRs that do not have a theme. That lets our imagination run wild without constraint. Don't struggle to make RRRR into something new. We love it as it is. Let's just roll the dice and render away!
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your comment Barbult, I think I'll run a RRRR-classic next time, no themes, no hooks just good plain random.
    What do you think? Should we keep the +1 items for a lucky bastards or was that too evil ?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

NICE job one and all! Expect your prize from me soon.

AND FYI if I can talk Totte into it a BIG summer RRRR will happen. We stinking thinking so...

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Thanks for your comment Barbult, I think I'll run a RRRR-classic next time, no themes, no hooks just good plain random.
    What do you think? Should we keep the +1 items for a lucky bastards or was that too evil ?

Not evil at all. You decide. After all, I believe you will suffer most this next round with + items!
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Totte said:

Not evil at all. You decide. After all, I believe you will suffer most this next round with + items!
    I agree, I had +2 this time and I will have +2 the next, but it's much easier without a theme.
    Anyone feeling that a limit of seven is to little? (Ken I can hear you)?
    If we run a Summer RRRR maybe up the limit. I believe in making the contest as fun as possible.

So right now:
    - No theme
    - Keep the lucky bastard bonus pulls

edited December 1969

...or we could give it some kind of "summertime" theme. Broad enough to allow for a wide range of ideas but still something to focus on.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...or we could give it some kind of "summertime" theme. Broad enough to allow for a wide range of ideas but still something to focus on.

We had that last summer ;-)

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners! This contest continues to be a lot of fun whether there's a theme or not. Although I think no theme this next time sounds good.

I agree with Barbult. I think the randomness of the pulls keeps this contest from being repetitive. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one!

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited May 2013

Hmm. Don't know how I did it, but ended up with a double post. Skip this. Read the next one...

Post edited by warmblood on
  • warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Wowie zowie! I've been at the hospital with my dad since Sunday and never even got to start my computer until a few minutes ago. This was really nice to come home to. Thank you all, especially the sponsors and Totte for running the contest.

Congrats to Storypilot, Totte, Obanion, Karibousboutique, and Gopherus, too. The April Fools jokes were great and the renders were wonderful.

Cheers,
    Kim

PS. Dad's doing well. Took some work to convince them to let me bring him home, but he's feeling so much better than at the hospital where they wouldn't even let him get out of bed only because they are so afraid of falls, and they'd wake him up every two hours to check his vitals so he couldn't get a decent sleep.

PPS. Regarding the item limit, how about drawing yet another random integer (between 4 and 10) to determine how many random numbers to draw. Am I making your head hurt yet?

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

warmblood said:
    PPS. Regarding the item limit, how about drawing yet another random integer (between 4 and 10) to determine how many random numbers to draw. Am I making your head hurt yet?

Evil. Pure evil. But the kind of evil entirely in keeping with this contest!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

Need more Ideas for the BIG Summer contest. Hint Jaderail (me) will be sponsoring in a Large way.
    And hoping other sponsors will as well.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Need more Ideas for the BIG Summer contest. Hint Jaderail (me) will be sponsoring in a Large way.
    And hoping other sponsors will as well.

Great mate, my plan it to kick it off beginning of June and run till end of July (so people leaving the computers for a spot of the yellow face wont feel neglected).

I plan to up the limit to 9 as it will run almost 9 weeks, will make RRRR-o-holics like KenOBannion happy!
    Other than that, plain themeless good old RRRR, except Lucky Bastards will get extras.
    I had one idea of adding one item to the pulls with the rule to only have to use pull -1 items, you pull five but only have to use four.
    That might make difficult pulls a little easier, not 100% certain about the last one though, will make DAZ-o-holics larger runtimes getting an edge as the probability of getting 4 good items in a five item pull increases (but there is a store here if you feel you're losing out, lol)

edited May 2013

...wo! nine items. Now that is a worthy challenge. Seeing as we are approaching the halfway point in the month a June start makes sense.

Gives me a chance to play with Taozen's new history management utilities, one of which creates a product list (which is perfect for this). Tried using the DIM but after a couple days gave up as it produces so many duplicate entries in the spreadsheet, since it lists all the individual installers for each product by type (which need to be manually deleted line by line). Even using the available filters doesn't really help especially if there are separate shader/texture installers.

Maybe with the installer change Daz says will take effect on the 15th this might be cleaned up. We'll see.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

KK, I think Totte means 9 images can be entered in a single contest, not 9 random items per entry.

edited December 1969

...awwww, I'd rather go for the 9 items per scene (or use the system Warmblood suggests) . ;-)

Shoot, I'm lucky to get just one entry submitted per challenge. That last one took me about two weeks to compose.

(they need an "ebil" smiley).

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Anyone feeling that a limit of seven is to little? (Ken I can hear you)?

I've never had a problem with the limit of seven. Hey, it's not like I'd just stop pulling and rendering once I hit the ceiling!

(Although I recall someone suggesting that we be allowed to replace a previous entry with a subsequent, post-limit, ostensibly non-competing render. I'm not so sure I'd agree with that idea - it just seems too much like a 'do-over' to me, and defeats the whole point of the 'Random' element.... But then, that's just me.)

Now I have to figure out a way to update - and keep updated - my content inventory, now that all of the old methods we've been using are no longer operable. Perhaps a program that iterates through all of my Readme's directories...? (Launching Visual Studio....)

edited December 1969

Ken, this will help with you make a list of your DAZ purchases.
    http://taosoft.dk/software/accm-daz/

Discussed in this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2403/P300/#319915