The new Centaur 'n stuff thread - reloaded

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Rae134 said:
    carrie58 said:

McG there is a link to get a remap of Horse2 to take MilHorse textures and there is a clone so you can fit MilHorse's  tack and armour to the MilHorse .......are you sure you don't sometimes just like to grumble???frown

could you point me to the links? thanks :)

https://sites.google.com/site/crblackthorne/ freebies laugh

• Rae134Rae134 Posts: 49
    edited January 2016
    Kerya said:
    Rae134 said:
    carrie58 said:

McG there is a link to get a remap of Horse2 to take MilHorse textures and there is a clone so you can fit MilHorse's  tack and armour to the MilHorse .......are you sure you don't sometimes just like to grumble???frown

Thanks Kerya :)

Does anyone know of a clone of the Mil or DazHorse2 for the HiveWire Horse? (I like using the HW horse but most stuff is built for the other two and I dont' know enought to make things fit properly :D) Thanks in Advance :)

Post edited by Rae134 on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Sorry Rae134 so far there is no clone of MilHorse or DazHorse2 for the HiveWire horse ,you can try fitting the gear to the HW Horse useing scaling and then parent it to the horse.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

You would need to make your own clone for that, as it isn't something that can be distributed.

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    Kerya said:
    Rae134 said:
    carrie58 said:

Thank you Kerya!   I got that now.  :)

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65
    edited January 2016

Are there any morphs or anything for Genesis 2 or 3 and Mili horse 1 or 2?  Would love to get back into making taurs.  

Post edited by Lasserine on
    edited January 2016

AdamR001 made an adaptation to allow the Genesis Figure to work with HEMI's Gen 4 kits.  See first post on page 1 of this thread for a link to that fix.  The MilHorse morphs work fine as usual, and getting Genesis and G2F/M to work with the MilHorse isn't so bad.  Now that I know how to re-center the MilHorse Joints (making the legs longer) I prefer working with MilHorse.  I know little to nothing about Genesis 3, so can't help with that or Horse2. 

OK, Um, seems that getting the human figures to work with MilHorse is straightforward and simple, no matter which human Figure it is.   If you use Studio then you SHOULD be able to move the human hip around to fit nicely into the horse neck.  And making all the leg and foot parts invisible is easy in Studio too.

McG.

Post edited by McGrandpa on
  • Thank you I will check that out.

• Blood-PawWerewolfBlood-PawWerewolf Posts: 298
    edited January 2016

i think you should check this one out: http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_16/22

Post edited by Blood-PawWerewolf on
  • KuriosDrachenKuriosDrachen Posts: 25
    edited February 2016

Here are Centaurs with the V4 Centaur from Philosopher's egg and Daz's Horse 2.  Honestly Daz's Horse 2 beats the shit out of the other, though it does take significantly more work.  The second version is pretty damn seemless. :3

The hardest part about creating Centaurs from two independent figures in making the human torso not look like it's just sprouting from the equine's neck.  Any thoughts?

Post edited by KuriosDrachen on

Is the velia version 2 from Philosopher's Stone or is that a modification you did??it looks great .

• That's Daz's Horse 2 model, morphed to fit V4 and with a custom opacity map to make a fade at the neck.  I'll probobly re-do it to make it look more gradual, or use LAMH, either way.

Thanks!

I really like how you've gotten V4's hips blending into the base of the neck/shoulders of the Horse2 ,that to me looks like a proper joining place rather then the waist to the neck ......

• The blending of the horse and model looks really good.  The front of the horse V looks pretty low.

• here is my centaur tutorial for you guys

Centaur Tutorial

Hello all. This tutorial will teach you how to turn Vicky 6 and horse 2 into a centaur. You will need Vicky 6 and Horse 2.

Step 1

Load Vicky 6 into your scene, then load Horse 2minto your scene. You will need to scale Vicky 6 up to 140% and move her to Z translate 36.72 and Y translate to 14.25. It should look like Figure 1.

Step 2

You will need to bend horse 2’s neck to -35.00. Then hide neck 3and the head of horse. Make sure to hide ears, eyes and tongue as well. Then on Vicky 6 you will need to hide from the thighs down on both legs. To hide things click on the little eyes next to the items you want to hide in the scene tab. Be sure to expand and hid all the tongue on the horse and all the leg and feet and toes on Vicky 6. It should now look like figure 2.

Step3

Now comes the fun part. We will be morphing Vicky 6’s waist hips and thighs as well as horse 2’s neck to get the two to fit together and look like one centaur. In this section we will be changing a lot of sittings and this will take some time. But the end result will be worth it.

Ok let us start with Vicky 6. Go to the scene tab and select vicky6. Then go to the parameters tab, click on actor and expand go to full body and expand then go to real world and set androgynous to -.1, thin to .86, and weight to -.80. then got to lower body and expand go to hip and set glutes size to -.50, hipbone size to -.50, and hip size to -.75. Then go to legs and set thigh size to -.50. then got to upper body and expand go to waist and expand then go to real world and set lats size to -.50, love handles to -.50, rectus width to -.50,stomach depth to .23, stomach soften to -.50, and waist width to -.79. When done with Vicky 6 it should look like figure 3.

Step4

I know this is time consuming and slow going but these sitting will make it faster for you guys then it was for me to find them all in the first place. And remember that these sitting are a good starting place for other figures like Michel 6 or gia or any other gen2 figure you want to try. Just remember to take your time and don’t get frustrated with it.

Now let’s move on to horse 2 sitting these are easier to do. Go to the scene tab and select horse 2 and expand till you see the neck select neck one and go to parameters tab and select general. Set x-scale to 140.7%, y-scale to 61.7%, and z-scale to 113.0%. Then go to scene tab and select neck2 and then back to parameters tab and general. Set bend to -24.31, side-side to -.40, x-scale to 104.7%, y-scale to 42.9%, and z-scale 86.6 %. Then go to scene tab and select neck3 and back to parameters tab and general. Set scale to 86.1%, x-scale to 256.1%, y-scale to 13.6%, and z-scale to -177.1%. When done it should look like figure 4.

Step5

Now that we have all the morphing done we need to parent Vicky 6 to horse 2’s chest. Go to scene tab and select horse 2 and expand till you see the chest then select Vicky 6 and move her to horse2 chest by holding down the left mouse button. Now we can apply horse 2 textures to the horse 2 it don’t matter witch color you choose. Now in scene tab select horse 2 then go to surfaces tab and expand so that you can see coat, select coat and go down to opacity strength and click on the space where you apply a texture map go to browse then go to the file location where you have installed the free trans map that I have provided with this tutorial. Now it should look like figure 5.

Now I understand if your Vicky 6 still has her textures that she loads with. I choose to remove them for this tutorial.

Some tips for posing your centaur.

When posing your new centaur you should pose the horse part first. When posing the horse be sure to hold down the control key, then in the pose preset load options uncheck morph forms and uncheck all the scale setting. It should look like figure 6.

After you get your main pose on the horse the pose Vicky 6 upper body the way you want then you will have to move the horse neck to make it all look right again. Remember that some clothing will not work well around Vicky 6’s hips and waist so be sure to turn off the auto follow and the clothing for her lower body that will help some. I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial and have fun with your centaurs.

By Ginger Lee Mckee of Tiger Lee Arts

sorry pictures not included

Thank you Ginger

• Thanks

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Is there somewhere we can get that trans map?

Tip for DS users: you can save a pose, part of a pose, and shape/scale as a variety of presets. It can be time consuming to select only part of a figure and the parameters you want to save, but... then you will be able to set a normal pose, then your preset to correct the scale (or whatever) that you want.

• Is there somewhere we can get that trans map?

Tip for DS users: you can save a pose, part of a pose, and shape/scale as a variety of presets. It can be time consuming to select only part of a figure and the parameters you want to save, but... then you will be able to set a normal pose, then your preset to correct the scale (or whatever) that you want.

it's right here: http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_16/22

Yep but it's still nice of Ginger to share here as well for those who don't get the e-mag

This thread has been fallow for too long...

Felitaur!

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Felitaur-605937299

FINALLY got around to trying out the trans map. I love it!

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Black-centaur-606019268

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

Nice

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

I'm not going to say anything about felitaurs, but the WiP thread over on Hivewire makes it clear that we can someday look forwardf to a sphynx.

Very nice Will

I think I'm going to try redoing the Felitaur with a transmap like the centaur. Also working on beartaur and lots of other 'taurs because I'm CRAAAZY. ;)

• I think I'm going to try redoing the Felitaur with a transmap like the centaur. Also working on beartaur and lots of other 'taurs because I'm CRAAAZY. ;)

what about a wolftaur?

the AM Wolf and CC or some of RawArt's werewolf morphs would be a great mix.

That's a thought, yeah.

Meanwhile, BEARTAUR!
    http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Beartaur-3DL-606153718

I was pleasantly surprised how fast, and well, this rendered in 3DL. I tried it initially in Iray, but after 9 hours it looked like poo.

I placed the humanoid a little further forward than I normally would, seemed to fit the shape better. Not sure. Took a lot of fiddling to get the two furs to look similar (the bear clan fur is a lot 'clumpier' than the bear fur, so I clumpified the bear fur, made it shorter, etc)

Y'all go on and play with your "other" horses.   I prefer by far the Millennium Horse.  That is what this is, and a good ol Victoria 4.2 with every DAZ morph pack in sight.  Generation 4 is still the best.

I've already invested a lot in DAZ products.  Can't afford to do that again, nor do I have the energy left to keep doing that over and over.   In the image, the character is named XAI (westernized as 'sigh' sort of)  and is by my dial spinning in Poser Pro (7).    That is the MilHorse.  It is also HEMI426's V4Centaur Kit in use.   I can not thank him enough for that.  Because of his kit, I have been able to bring dreams and imagination to 3D reality.   When he announced this almost 8 years ago, it coincided with BluesDragon's Frazetta Art Contest here at DAZ.  I was so happy!  It was a giddy moment for me!   That contest turned into one of the biggest events our corner of this industry has ever seen.  

And now, I have to re-create Xai and the others in recovering from a fatal hd crash 6 months ago.   And then I figure to write my story of Xai, and illustrate it. 

McG.

Xai-Nightmare_Katana_06.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 159K

Hows about a pic of XAI when she isn't ticked off?  cheeky   Here is one a friend of mine likes.  laugh

McG.

Xai in the Village.jpg
    1002 x 900 - 139K

Very nice McG,glad to see yasmiley