NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2016

Okay, clicking the avatar of Adrienne  (with my V6 showing in characters, know she is loaded)  still gives me the lines. Couldn't tell if she were loading onto V6, as it said Actor. I am going to load V6 first, then do the character. Will post back here in a few minutes with that result.

I loaded V6. Went to the Characters and did NOT load Adrienne from the avatars, I went to the LYFW Adrienne folder and loaded the morphs, then the skin. Although it is better, there is still a line, and the eyelashes are cut off where the unwanted line arcs toward the lachrimal, headed toward the inner eye. So although she is better on V6, it's definitely not right. And based on my experience, I am not using her on Gen2F (using 3DL). There is absolutely nothing I can do differently, V6 is loaded (I loaded her, then put Adrienne on her) and loaded Adrienne's morphs onto the figure.  This is 3DL. (no Iray added, straight out of the box.) I'll test Iray (same figure) now.

Looks much better (Loaded V6, added Adrienne from files, and then I also did it loading Adrienne's avatar, and indeed it was that the Victoria 6 was not loaded. Got same results both ways.) Line is still slightly there, but barely, but eyelashes at corner of eyes still appear shortened by the line (in my opinion.) More apparent on the eye on our left.

Adrienne3DLONV6.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 377K
    Adrienne3DLONV6IRAY.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 368K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

I clicked on the character and loaded her. Did not load v6 first

Yep, after I installed my V6 (for real) I was able to use the Actor avatar and do a straight load.  Thanks so much for your assistance (as usual.)

Here's more of my graphics collection, calling these Pavers: Cubist. They are interesting- you can cut sections out of them if you don't want the paver look. I am rendering Brisa for you now, with the blue one in the background. Recommend to turn on DOF (depth of field) and to turn down the opacity if you want a softer effect as they're pretty dramatic. I also darkened the diffuse color to more of a grayish blue, rather than white, on the blue square that I am using.

When adding special effects, the MB goes up quickly. These are 830 x 830 but do quite well on background planes. I made mine 3 yards x 1.  (Go up to Create>Primitive>Plane and load the image on the plane-select your plane in Scene, click on the Surface tool which looks like those 3 sheets of paper in the toolbar above the viewport and in Surfaces, click next to Diffuse on the left and it will let you browse to an image.) Then I simply scaled the entire thing up (so as not to distort) 

These look somewhat like tree leaves once scaled up, and with the opacity lowered. (Which you also do in Surfaces.)  Brisa is finishing up.

PaversCubist7.19.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversCubist7.19-1.6.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversCubist7.19-2.5.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversCubist7.19-4.2.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversCubist7.19-5.3.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    edited January 2016

More Cubist Pavers

PaversCubist7.19-5.6.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversCubist7.19-6.3.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversCubist7.19-6.6.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversCubist7.19-7.2.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversCubist7.19-8.2.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Cubist Pavers. The third is the original wink in case you want to take and play. I am going to try more art strokes and see what we come up with. 

Here is Iray Brisa, out of the box except for dimming her teeth a bit (pretty bright) wearing Birthday Girl Hair. I do have to be honest and say in all the promos, she is not smiling, and when I worked with the smile her mouth/cheeks didn't take the pose as easily as I would have liked. Hard to explain, but it was a bit more reserved, a bit puffier- didn't seem to stretch out as fast width-wise. Hope that makes sense. It's not anything wrong with the character, it's that you won't have to worry about over-doing the poses, it's the opposite.  She's wearing Hot Pants shirt. (Man, I must've gotten a really good deal on that one, or perhaps planning to use the shorts in combination with something under it. Really frisky outfit!) 

And that's the very first paver (blue/gray) behind her, with the changes I described. Even though they're pavers, don't limit your thinking to pavers. Enjoy!

NO IRAY MATERIALS ADDED. Rendered Iray.

PaversCubist7.19-8.5.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversCubist7.19-10.1.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    PaversOrig830.png
    830 x 830 - 2M
    BrisaBirthdayGirlHair.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 793K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Okay, I don't do 3DL on a regular basis anymore, but I do remember HOW to do it. My Brisa was very reddish, even with spotlights that were blue-white tinted. I went into Corel Photo Paint to change the saturation, the color (to more blues and greens), the midtones, etc. This is the before and after.  Again, both of these are without changing anything in the Surface settings, it's out of the box. You can change the sheen (specular) and even the skin tone (diffuse) in Surfaces. Anyone have a render of Brisa in 3DL?  How did you find the posing of the mouth?

You can compare the shirts and backgrounds to see how much blue I put in to counterbalance my out of the box first render. I have to say the Iray out of the box has the 3DL version whooped, but that is only with this particular light set up. I will test a different one.  (BTW, these renders took 26 seconds to complete in 3DL!) 

Okay, so here is Shifting Images Leather Fantasy Armor lights. (In progress, tweaking it.)

BrisaBirthdayGirlHair3DL.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 661K
    BrisaBirthdayGirlHair3DLTWEAKED.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 741K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    edited January 2016

I know both of these characters have been reviewed here before, but I thought it would be good to show them together. Two older ladies, Odelle for Genesis 3 females and MeMoo for Genesis 2 females. Hair for Odelle is Toulouse hair from Genesis 3 essentials and clothing is Abigail Outfit for Genesis 3 Female. MeMoo's hair is Loyce Hair and clothing is Vintage Rose for Genesis 2 Female. Background from Novica. Lights were the free Christmas gift from DestinysGarden (DG IBL Light). I think the two of these combined with the morph randomizer (and Zev0's aging morphs) will provide a good base for older women characters. I'm looking to get a couple of the older men characters as well. I picked up Big Boys and Extraordinary Men for Genesis 2 males today for that purpose.

MeMoo_03.jpg
    807 x 645 - 310K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Brisa does appear to have a somewhat wooden expression. I can see what you mean.

Yes, I tried mixing Expressions for fifteen minutes and never got the look I wanted. I tried mixing glare, excitement, happy, flirting, surprised, smile, smile open face, pouty, etc. I think the puffiness of the lower cheeks may be impacting it. Good news- I do have the skin tone adjusted for those of you using 3DL. It will be a few minutes.

edited January 2016

Okay, using that light set and tweaking it like crazy, I eliminated everything except Dramatic Light 1, UberEnvironment 2, and Dramatic Spec 2, and added a spotlight to hit her from the front. Then I changed her skin tone to a blue-green. Here's the image, then I'll post the specs if anyone wants to duplicate the result with the lighting. I also posted the original Iray, so I got my tweaked 3DL pretty close. Better than that red gal that I got using the default skin. Those lights were also blue gray, so I don't know why she was so ruddy. I also changed her lip color. The sheen could still be reduced a bit.

First image: My tweaked 3DL    Second: Original Iray (Different lights)

Leather Fantasy Armor light set: If it isn't listed, I took it out. There was quite a bit of specular (sheen) and on Brisa, it was way too much. This is using the first option in the lightset (one of the dramatics)

220/227/228 (blue) for Dramatic Light One, intensity 7.1%

UberEnvironment  80.3% Intensity  87.3% Intensity Scale    color 205 /  219 / 246  (gray blue)

Dramatic Spec 2   139 / 150 /  153  at 9.1% intensity  and leave scale where it's at.

my spotlight- white (I would do a very pale yellow I think)   88.3% intensity and intensity scale 1.00. Shine in from the front on the face.

LIPS: do a blue, believe it or not, to match the Iray lips. Color is 187 / 186 / 173. It is a dull blue gray, probably more gray than anything else. You can lighten them a bit as they are slightly darker, but frankly I nailed the color being close to that of Iray's IMO.

There you go. I don't want you 3DL'ers to think I've forgotten about you!  wink

BrisaBirthdayGirlHairMINE.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 884K
    BrisaBirthdayGirlHair.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 793K
    Post edited by Novica on

Rich, you're just enjoying those backgrounds too much! I'll have to do more of the transitionals, I like those too. 

I had to laugh at Mee Moo, I bet she looks like a lot of kids' aunties or grandmothers! 

edited January 2016

More Transitionals, just to keep Rich happy. And busy. (To new surfers, you can use these as backgrounds. Feel free!) 

EDIT: For this set, I experimented and applied Gaussian Blur, remove moire, remove noise, smooth- to smooth the streaks for people who don't want the subtle rays. Go down several posts to get those.

backgroundP.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 306K
    backgroundQ.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 272K
    backgroundR.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 274K
    backgroundS.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 282K
    backgroundT.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 263K
    Post edited by Novica on

More transitionals. I have mixed some interesting color combinations for you.

backgroundU.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 261K
    backgroundV.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 269K
    backgroundW.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 277K
    backgroundX.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 272K
    backgroundY.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 290K
    edited January 2016

Continuing on.

backgroundZ.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 295K
    backgroundAA.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 289K
    backgroundAB.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 173K
    backgroundAC.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 166K
    backgroundAD.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 202K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

And more.

backgroundAE.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 198K
    backgroundAF.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 148K
    backgroundAG.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 130K
    backgroundAH.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 125K
    backgroundAI.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 140K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

After I finish this set,  I will do these last groups with Gaussian Blur, for those of you who want the faint ray striping to disappear. I didn't do that, it is part of the transitional tool results. I will mark them with the same name and "Blur" on the end. So if you think you'd like these better without the slight striping, hold off and get the blur ones. 

backgroundAJ.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 146K
    backgroundAK.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 146K
    backgroundAL.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 110K
    backgroundAM.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 112K
    backgroundAN.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 108K
    Post edited by Novica on

Beginning here, they have one or two Gaussian Blur effects applied. It changes the offset of the colors and also smooths out the streaks. 

edited January 2016

These are the first set, redone, and have one or two Gaussian Blur effects applied. It changes the offset of the colors and also helps smooths out the streaks. I am also using remove moire and remove noise. After experimenting, it isn't worth my time to do that for each one as it isn't changing them too much and I checked a few as backgrounds and they appear quite smooth. (And look really neat!)  I also tried smoothing and more blur. So if you want to tweak the backgrounds, give it a go. 

backgroundPblur.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 251K
    backgroundQblur.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 238K
    backgroundRblur.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 225K
    backgroundSblur.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 201K
    backgroundTblur.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 209K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

Here's someone, I'm trying to figure which G2F I used, Grand Ballroom Dress, (showing 58% for me at the moment, I am PC) and Kita Hair.  I had typed in Britany but I don't know if that's her. I labeled the image Destiny, and it's not her because she has a mole. Hate it when this happens. Render time: 4 minutes 18 seconds. No Iray materials applied. Rendered in Iray. 

DestinyGrandBallroomDressKitaHair.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 528K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

First is Clover, with skin color changed and Iray default Genesis 2 Female materials for Iray. Second, with my tweaks to get rid of the shiny. (Believe me, she is SPECtacular. The second one is without the Iray eyes. I'm still tweaking the skin color a bit. Gotta get off the computer, a Windows update is starting soon, but what I tweaked to lose the excessive shiny was Diffuse roughness (to .39), glossy layered weight, glossy reflectivity, glossy roughness. Translucence color was very pink, I changed to 1 / .73 / .5l7

I would also add some bump to the lips, too smooth. TTYL

CloverNJAPonyFelicity.jpg
    450 x 1000 - 204K
    CloverNJAPonyFelicityMYIray.jpg
    750 x 1400 - 692K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2016

The hair is NJA Ponytail, and no matter what sliders I move for the adjustments or morphs, the hair won't move. I used one of the default poses for Genesis 2 Females. Anyone have that hair that can test the movements with one of those poses applied? I tested four different ones, and the hair wouldn't move with any of the poses. I'm referring to the poses that show up immediately when you click Genesis 2 Females>Poses. So I can't move the hair going through the ear, etc.  Outfit is Felicity. It's showing 58% off right now, I got it for kit bashing. With a black bodysuit underneath, it'll be neat. 

Here's Clover with the lips changed so they're not as glossy smooth and with the Iray eyes in addition to the skin. I also did smoothing 8 for the hair.

Click to enlarge, click again, render is 1400 pixels. Take a peek at the eyebrow hair. Not perfectly plucked, I like it!

CloverIRAYand eyeslips.jpg
    950 x 1400 - 893K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited January 2016
    Novica said:

The hair is NJA Ponytail, and no matter what sliders I move for the adjustments or morphs, the hair won't move. I used one of the default poses for Genesis 2 Females. Anyone have that hair that can test the movements with one of those poses applied? I tested four different ones, and the hair wouldn't move with any of the poses. I'm referring to the poses that show up immediately when you click Genesis 2 Females>Poses. So I can't move the hair going through the ear, etc.  Outfit is Felicity. It's showing 58% off right now, I got it for kit bashing. With a black bodysuit underneath, it'll be neat. 

Yes, give me 2 seconds. This dial for the hair in the ear?

The pony tail 'Actor' pose dials are grayed out, and 'Locked' in the paramaters tab. The tail dose have bones for posing it (That's what I've used in the past, the bones).

PosingTheTail_001.png
    1306 x 398 - 363K
    EarAdjust_001lbl1.png
    1552 x 598 - 919K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited January 2016

The hair is NJA Ponytail

I have it and it seems to be working fine.

Post edited by RGcincy on

I already tried unlocking the parameters and that didn't do anything either. This is so strange, I've never had a hair lock up on me! I'll take it off and put it on her again. Thanks guys!

Well for heavens sake, I reloaded it and it's working. For those of you who have it, you will have to go into Scene and break down the ponytail to get the tail part to swing different directions. I wish vendors would put all the morphs (including movement) in the Parameters. 

Novica said:

Well for heavens sake, I reloaded it and it's working. 

Probably used too much hair spray the first time smiley

RGcincy said:

Novica said:

Well for heavens sake, I reloaded it and it's working. 

Probably used too much hair spray the first time smiley

I'd smack you if you were within reach! cheeky

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    Novica said:

Well for heavens sake, I reloaded it and it's working. For those of you who have it, you will have to go into Scene and break down the ponytail to get the tail part to swing different directions. I wish vendors would put all the morphs (including movement) in the Parameters. 

You have to move the extra bones, create an empty float, erc freeze the movement, uncheck all the extra stuff it puts in there (or it'll not or work or crash)..  not sure many people actually know how to make pose controls.

OziChick has products in both promos (Kristal, Hailey, Miss Ivy, etc) and it's stacking. So is Raw Art. (Clown Clan, etc)

This discussion has been closed.