Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.54! (Release Candidate)

12346»

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Dearest,

after the 4.9 beta install almost everything from my content is missing.To my knowledge  I exported the data backup file on an extern hd. Now , what to do to get all my content into 4.9 beta What to do with the user back up data? Is getting my content back possible without this back up data file?

Thnks in andvance.

Have you checked if DS 4.9 knows the directory in your directories manager? That happened to me to, when I first installed, because I am not using default directories...

edited January 2016
    Ruphuss said:
    Ruphuss said:

like i do with daz products

right click-categorise

and that works

only non daz do not

and in 4.8 it works like it should

and this was just an example

there are a lot of files that can not be categorised in 4.9

I can confirm this - a folder is created, but no content shows up.

Here's Malik Wings as an example:

malik1.JPG
    595 x 680 - 51K
    malik2.JPG
    523 x 646 - 38K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    Erdehel said:

I have not figured out how to buy stuff from within DS4.9 but how can I tell DS4.9 that I just bought something and to show those items?

If you connect the product list should be complete, if not you can refresh it with Connect>Update Metadata as I recall.

Unless I miss something when you buy something the list of products is updated but what I expect is a way to single out the products I just bought. As it is now there is nothing in the product list that obviously tells me what products are new. I have to find every specific product with the help of my order list and then install it. In previous versions of DAZ Studio the new products were highlighted so they were easy to find.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but just in case:

After you purchased the licenses the products will show up in the Smart Content tab in the subtab "Available".

All you have to do is

- uncheck "filter by context"

to show all products no matter what is selected in the scene

- select "Sort by Order Date: Recent First"

Now all the products of your last orders should be on top.

- Make a selection with CTRL, SHIFT or mouse

- right click and "Install"

Hmmm, that answers my question. I couldn't find it because I don't use Smart content at all. I had expected to find this under the Products directory in the content manager, after all this is all about Product management. I don't see why this function is nested in Smart Content where IMO it seems out of place.

edited January 2016
    BeeMKay said:
    Ruphuss said:
    Ruphuss said:

right click-categorise

and that works

only non daz do not

I had this happen too. Uninstalling and reinstalling the product with DIM solved the issue for me. This is one of the reasons I decided to go with the brand new Product management system built in Studio.

Post edited by Erdehel on
  • SyphonapteraSyphonaptera Posts: 190
    edited January 2016
    BeeMKay said:

Dearest,

after the 4.9 beta install almost everything from my content is missing.To my knowledge  I exported the data backup file on an extern hd. Now , what to do to get all my content into 4.9 beta What to do with the user back up data? Is getting my content back possible without this back up data file?

Thnks in andvance.

Have you checked if DS 4.9 knows the directory in your directories manager? That happened to me to, when I first installed, because I am not using default directories...

Daz 4.8 Pro 32bit/Daz 4.8 Pro 64bit/ Daz 4.9 Beta 32bit and Daz 4.9 Beta 64bit had almost all content missing, especially smart content, that was completely empty.. I do use DIM's default directories. Indeed a message popped up stating DIM does not find a directory to install 4.9 beta content to , at least not in settings; applications. 
    Do I need to  add the DazStudio4 public build folder that is placed in the Program Files folders ? (ie the Daz Studio4 Public build  folder in the Program filesX86 for the 4.9 32bit version  and the  DazStudio4PublicBuild folder in the Program Files for the  the Daz 4.9 Beta  64bit) ?
    I cannot find the option to select Daz 4.9 beta in the Settings,  Applications tab in DIM, 4.9 is just not there.
    In Daz 4.9 Beta it seems I have to to download and install (?) my content again.....I had to stop because my discspace was running out. 

after installing Windows 8.1 I installed Daz 3d again. DIM installed 4.8 pro 32 bit/4.8 pro 64bit/4.9 beta 32bit and 4.9 64bit on my PC. After starting them up the majority of the content was just gone......After trying several possibilities with DIM , CMS, and DB Maintenance, f.e starting CMS, . I used DB Maintenance and only checking reimport meta data did the trick ,  it looks like all Daz programs besides 4.9 Beta  have my content reinstalled,In DIM I changed the settings from 'Install to Respective "Installed" Paths to   "Install to Selected Path" . Maybe that screws the whole thing up?
    Except 4.9, here I need to log in and install my (same) content again(!) one by one which cant be right or?
    . I also noticed that for unexplained reasons Daz content uses up ALL the disc-space it gets installed on (220G)! What the heck is going on here? Why doesn't Daz use the same content directory once , instead of installing 4X the amount of space of the same content?
    This cannot be normal does it?

Any help , suggestions?

DAZ CONTENT USES 220G of disk space 04-01-2016.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 282K
    DIM 04-01-2016 NO 4.9 DIRECTORY AVIABLE.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 289K
    DIM 04-01-2016.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 263K
    Post edited by Syphonaptera on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

dont know if this is related to my categorise issues

but

DIM sets the "download to" back to default C/users etc here and there

thats very annoying if you have do not the default download location

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited January 2016

If I may ask one minor question, regarding that separate line thing in the Content Library.

Gripe from friend, "If you put spaces in the file name, they'll show on separate lines".

My Before Coffee morning response, "I did put word separators in there, (expletive)".  What is going on here?

I'm using the universally excepted filename word separator, the Underscore.

They work in VxWorks, UNICOS, BSD, Linux, OSX, ext.  Why is Daz Studio ignoring them?

20160105a3_FilNames_101lbl1.png
    583 x 136 - 15K
    20160105a2_FilNames_101lbl1_Crop1.png
    589 x 531 - 241K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • BeeMKay said:

Dearest,

Thnks in andvance.

Daz 4.8 Pro 32bit/Daz 4.8 Pro 64bit/ Daz 4.9 Beta 32bit and Daz 4.9 Beta 64bit had almost all content missing, especially smart content, that was completely empty.. I do use DIM's default directories. Indeed a message popped up stating DIM does not find a directory to install 4.9 beta content to , at least not in settings; applications. 
    Do I need to  add the DazStudio4 public build folder that is placed in the Program Files folders ? (ie the Daz Studio4 Public build  folder in the Program filesX86 for the 4.9 32bit version  and the  DazStudio4PublicBuild folder in the Program Files for the  the Daz 4.9 Beta  64bit) ?
    I cannot find the option to select Daz 4.9 beta in the Settings,  Applications tab in DIM, 4.9 is just not there.
    In Daz 4.9 Beta it seems I have to to download and install (?) my content again.....I had to stop because my discspace was running out. 

after installing Windows 8.1 I installed Daz 3d again. DIM installed 4.8 pro 32 bit/4.8 pro 64bit/4.9 beta 32bit and 4.9 64bit on my PC. After starting them up the majority of the content was just gone......After trying several possibilities with DIM , CMS, and DB Maintenance, f.e starting CMS, . I used DB Maintenance and only checking reimport meta data did the trick ,  it looks like all Daz programs besides 4.9 Beta  have my content reinstalled,In DIM I changed the settings from 'Install to Respective "Installed" Paths to   "Install to Selected Path" . Maybe that screws the whole thing up?
    Except 4.9, here I need to log in and install my (same) content again(!) one by one which cant be right or?
    . I also noticed that for unexplained reasons Daz content uses up ALL the disc-space it gets installed on (220G)! What the heck is going on here? Why doesn't Daz use the same content directory once , instead of installing 4X the amount of space of the same content?
    This cannot be normal does it?

Any help , suggestions?

You don't need to install your content separately for DS 4.9, and you don't need to install using Daz Connect (until there is Connect-only content, of course). Were you using the Valentina database up to now? If you were, and 4.9 was the first version to isntall PosygreSQL, then if you didn't "install" the Valentina to PostgreSQL Conversion tool or if your Valentina database was on the verge of becoming corrupt you would have had an empty database.

The install to respective/install current switch applies to updates - whether to update the installation in its original folder, even if that isn't the current destination folder, or to install the update to the current folder (deleting from the original location).

You don't need any of those application paths pointing to plain program Files, nor do you need the extra Photoshop paths. Installing the beta via DIM should add it to the application list, but if it doesn't just choose 4.5+ as the version and type the name as you wish (DS4 Public Beta, say). That is chiefly used for plug-ins and some scripts or shaders, though not all plug-ins will work with a beta I believe.

• legarclegarc Posts: 45

Have there been any improvements made to the canvas rendering options, render elements?  I'm getting a handle on using LPEs for post work in Nuke but there are some inconistencies with some of the render elements.  Any improvements or work in this area for this realease, future releases?  thanks.  

Erdehel said:
    BeeMKay said:
    Ruphuss said:
    Ruphuss said:

right click-categorise

and that works

only non daz do not

I had this happen too. Uninstalling and reinstalling the product with DIM solved the issue for me. This is one of the reasons I decided to go with the brand new Product management system built in Studio.

Well.. the problem is that with products not bought at DAZ3D, you don't have DIM install. So, no way of solving the problem via DIM install. :-)

I've been using Categories ever since I started out working in DAZ Studio, and it helped me sorting the content just like I need it. Smart Content is nice, but doesn't help, i.e. when you have third party products that simply don't have Meta data that can show up in Smart Content.

Hence, the ability to categorize items is still very much needed by me, but with the current Beta version, it's not possible to do it for products that can't be installed using DIM.

If I may ask one minor question, regarding that separate line thing in the Content Library.

Gripe from friend, "If you put spaces in the file name, they'll show on separate lines".

My Before Coffee morning response, "I did put word separators in there, (expletive)".  What is going on here?

They work in VxWorks, UNICOS, BSD, Linux, OSX, ext.  Why is Daz Studio ignoring them?

I'm not quite sure I understand...  What I see is that the name is shortened to a certain length, with the rule "If word length exeeds image width, show the first and last 7 letters, and everything in between will be shortened to three dots." ....????

• BeeMKay said:

I'm not quite sure I understand...  What I see is that the name is shortened to a certain length, with the rule "If word length exeeds image width, show the first and last 7 letters, and everything in between will be shortened to three dots." ....????

I'm still working on waking up. What I'm asking is why is Daz not showing,

"Cloth_Patrn_Red1.duf" as;

Cloth_Patrn_

Red1,duf

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited January 2016

I'm still working on waking up. What I'm asking is why is Daz not showing,

"Cloth_Patrn_Red1.duf" as;

Cloth_Patrn_

Red1,duf

BeeMKay said:

He wants it to recognise underscore as an alternate to space and know to word wrap there.

Post edited by Fisty on
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178

New build, 4.9.0.61. New Thread.

-Rob

Erdehel said:
    BeeMKay said:
    Ruphuss said:
    Ruphuss said:

right click-categorise

and that works

only non daz do not

I had this happent too. Uninstalling and reinstalling the product with DIM solved the issue for me. This is one of the reasons I decided to go with the brand new Product management system built in Studio.

BeeMKay said:
    Erdehel said:
    BeeMKay said:
    Ruphuss said:
    Ruphuss said:

right click-categorise

and that works

only non daz do not

Well.. the problem is that with products not bought at DAZ3D, you don't have DIM install. So, no way of solving the problem via DIM install. :-)

I've been using Categories ever since I started out working in DAZ Studio, and it helped me sorting the content just like I need it. Smart Content is nice, but doesn't help, i.e. when you have third party products that simply don't have Meta data that can show up in Smart Content.

Hence, the ability to categorize items is still very much needed by me, but with the current Beta version, it's not possible to do it for products that can't be installed using DIM.

I agree and I intend to find a way to make a lot easier to build products with metadata for items coming from other vendors. Same as you before this beta I used to categorize every item I buy.

• DAZ...   WTF.   I know it is free software. but am I wrong in the assertion that it is a vehicle by witch to sell product. Everytime with this library BS

Get the bugs out before setting this nonsense loose on the world.

• I don't want to mess around with this nonsense. Have the DIM running. It updates, I download, Life is good (more or less) What the heck happened. this sucks x 1 million products