Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.54! (Release Candidate)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    barbult said:

I'm happy to report that the steps to re-init DB migration worked perfectly! Thanks again.

But the shader builder icons are still messed up. Could anyone take a look at their shader builder tab to see if it's just me?

Not lookin' good here.

Thanks for confirming... do we file a bug report now?

Sounds like a good idea. I'll leave that to you. I'm not a shader builder user. I only looked at it to confirm your problem.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    barbult said:

I'm happy to report that the steps to re-init DB migration worked perfectly! Thanks again.

But the shader builder icons are still messed up. Could anyone take a look at their shader builder tab to see if it's just me?

Not lookin' good here.

Thanks for confirming... do we file a bug report now?

There is little need for confirmation before you file a bug report if you find something you can repeat. :) Please just make sure you tell us how to repeat it, and, where appropiate, include a scene file and a list of content. :) Thanks.
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382

Does Daz connect work in this beta version or no, cause mine doesn't. Specifically it does not recognise my email/password. 

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 2015
    There is little need for confirmation before you file a bug report if you find something you can repeat. :) Please just make sure you tell us how to repeat it, and, where appropiate, include a scene file and a list of content. :) Thanks.

The point here was to see if the messed up tab layout was something specific to my machine (i.e. my fault) or if it was more universal and hence worth notifying the dev team. You don't need a scene file for this =)

UPD: filed as request #207720

Post edited by Mustakettu85 on

The point here was to see if the messed up tab layout was something specific to my machine (i.e. my fault) or if it was more universal and hence worth notifying the dev team. You don't need a scene file for this =)

UPD: filed as request #207720

Thanks

Madbat said:

Does Daz connect work in this beta version or no, cause mine doesn't. Specifically it does not recognise my email/password. 

I can log into Daz Connect with my email and password, but I have had so many problems with the content database losing edits, metadata for products disappearing, store prices showing incorrectly, and UI issues, that I have gotten frustrated with beta version 4.9.0.54. I've written several bug reports on 4.9.0.54. Customer service has told me that some of the bugs are known issues, some have been fixed in a private build, some are forwarded to the dev team, and some they are still trying to reproduce. I look forward to trying the next version.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

So could someone explain the "file link" thing to me?

Its not very clear how one gets Connect installed content into the Content Library tree view.  That is what has been proposed, no? Because using Pose Builder is an enormous pain with Connect content.

I still haven't figured out how I'm supposed to be able to drag and drop content from Smart Content into the Content Library...it simply does not seem to work. At all. Am I missing something?

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437

Couldn`t find if it has been discused an issue I`m having. Images are not loading in the Surfaces tab, I mean, manually browsing and loading an image, it just does nothing.

I`m using the latest version.

Hellboy said:

Couldn`t find if it has been discused an issue I`m having. Images are not loading in the Surfaces tab, I mean, manually browsing and loading an image, it just does nothing.

I`m using the latest version.

I haven't had this problem but someone else did, so you are not alone. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/973382#Comment_973382

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437

Thanks! Thats weird, but at least there`s a workaround! :)

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

latest 4.9

cannot categorize products that are not from daz store

example

mirror shader from sharecg is a duf file showing up under daz formats correctly

but no chance to get it to my categories

i never was online with 4.9 beta

• How are you trying to categorise?

like i do with daz products

right click-categorise

and that works

only non daz do not

• The commands for creating a category from a folder and for categorising individual files are there for me.

but do they really show up in the category ?

the command is not the problem

• I am having a huge issue with it taking over 10 minutes after starting the application to get the splash screen to appear and if I'm lucky it will actually launch in about 40 minutes. I do believe this has to do with the connect thing and it happens EVERY time I launch it now. How do I make it load quicker and it froze on me when I tried to use the "work offline" option?  

edited December 2015

I am having a huge issue with it taking over 10 minutes after starting the application to get the splash screen to appear and if I'm lucky it will actually launch in about 40 minutes. I do believe this has to do with the connect thing and it happens EVERY time I launch it now. How do I make it load quicker and it froze on me when I tried to use the "work offline" option?  

Unfortinately while you are definitely having an issue Daz Connect that isn't it. Daz Connect doesn't connect to anything unless/until you tell it to, which can't happen until after the program is launched. So we can help you get this resolved please open a support ticket. As you file the support ticket please include the following information. What firewall are you using? A screen shot of your smart content tab. A copy of your Daz Studio log file. Whether you closed DS, DIM or Carrara right before opening DS. Thanks.
    Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • I've read that there are some differences in the iray renders from 4.8 to 4.9

is there a thread about that? where can I find some renders comparisons?

• Check the top of this thread and the first several posts, there's quite a bit of info.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

Do I still need to use DIM to install stuff like Wear them all?

• nope, can't find any good images comparisons :-(

Ruphuss said:

like i do with daz products

right click-categorise

and that works

only non daz do not

and in 4.8 it works like it should

and this was just an example

there are a lot of files that can not be categorised in 4.9

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

I have not figured out how to buy stuff from within DS4.9 but how can I tell DS4.9 that I just bought something and to show those items?

• I have not figured out how to buy stuff from within DS4.9 but how can I tell DS4.9 that I just bought something and to show those items?

If you connect the product list should be complete, if not you can refresh it with Connect>Update Metadata as I recall.

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited January 2016

I have not figured out how to buy stuff from within DS4.9 but how can I tell DS4.9 that I just bought something and to show those items?

If you connect the product list should be complete, if not you can refresh it with Connect>Update Metadata as I recall.

Unless I miss something when you buy something the list of products is updated but what I expect is a way to single out the products I just bought. As it is now there is nothing in the product list that obviously tells me what products are new. I have to find every specific product with the help of my order list and then install it. In previous versions of DAZ Studio the new products were highlighted so they were easy to find.

Post edited by Erdehel on
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,328
    edited January 2016
    Erdehel said:

Unless I miss something when you buy something the list of products is updated but what I expect is a way to single out the products I just bought. As it is now there is nothing in the product list that obviously tells me what products are new. I have to find every specific product with the help of my order list and then install it. In previous versions of DAZ Studio the new products were highlighted so they were easy to find.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but just in case:

After you purchased the licenses the products will show up in the Smart Content tab in the subtab "Available".

All you have to do is

- uncheck "filter by context"

to show all products no matter what is selected in the scene

- select "Sort by Order Date: Recent First"

Now all the products of your last orders should be on top.

- Make a selection with CTRL, SHIFT or mouse

- right click and "Install"

How to install your last orders inside DAZ Studio.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 552K
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Connect is definetly slow...my products take 24 hours+ to show up, if they show up at all.

• Dearest,

after the 4.9 beta install almost everything from my content is missing.To my knowledge  I exported the data backup file on an extern hd. Now , what to do to get all my content into 4.9 beta What to do with the user back up data? Is getting my content back possible without this back up data file?

Thnks in andvance.

• frogimusfrogimus Posts: 200

Search in "Content Library" doesn't seem to find Poser format files.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

I've read that there are some differences in the iray renders from 4.8 to 4.9

is there a thread about that? where can I find some renders comparisons?

a little faster on 4.9...