DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate Available Now

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Are you using the Content Manager or the Smart Content area?

• Fizz SaviraFizz Savira Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

A simple bug report with the 4.5 RC (this the Mac 64 bit version, if that matters)

I was using 4.0.3 and made some shaping files (DSF). The way that I made them was to select just a subset of the tree (in my case, just everything in the "chest" part of the tree). Works great in 4.0 and does what's expected. Note that I'm saving a Victoria 4.2 figure modified with the Morphs++ stuff.

If I try to use that DSF file in 4.5 RC, nothing happens. And since 4.5RC only does the DUF thingies, I couldn't try to recreate it there.

So I went back to 4.0.3 and saved again, this time saving the entire shape tree, and the resulting DSF will work in 4.5 RC, but of course that's not what I want as the entire figure's morphs are changed.

I am new at this sort of thing, so maybe I was doing something that just happened to work in 4.0.5...

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Are you using the Content Manager or the Smart Content area?

RAMWolff, was this directed at me? It's happening regardless of whether I'm trying to load from Smart Content or the Content Library. And it's even affecting Genesis...I can't load untextured Genesis (or characters like Basic Child or Basic Female that come with DS4) but I can load Genesis characters that I got later, like M5 and V5.

I'm running 4.5.0.26 Pro 64-bit, Windows 7.

edited December 1969

Hey Scott... Have you tried a full uninstall of the program? It will not uninstall your content, just the program. Reboot to clear out the cobwebs and reinstall. I had an issue installing version .47 (the last buggy version that drove me up the wall) and doing that cleared up issues for me....

• hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Neither InjectPMD nor Morphtools seem to work with this version. Gives me a wrong version error for the plugins :/

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,206
    edited December 1969

i reported this release as to the CC because :

1) the serial number DOESN'T work properly. every time i'm forced to type it again.
    2)no way to use the previous version of the program (says "no importer found")
    3)All the old saves are GONE and without the chance to use the old version, in poor words, i can say i've lost 3 weeks of work.
    4)No way to send files to Bryce, it causes crash, so you loose what you've done in DAZ (so SAVE every 30 seconds or less)
    5)same problem if you try to send the files to Hexagon.

So....i suggest to DON'T istall this update till will be stable enough.

Ok is free, but it doesn't mean is nice to have a product not stable and ready to be used. (at least let me have back my previous version :( )

i take this chance to say thanks for the kindness of the admin who helped me a lot ( REALLY, a lot!!) and i hope the technical dept will be able to fix this disaster soon as possible (same problems with Hexagon dowload, and with few PAID items)

1) may be that the serial you are entering is wrong - this version will work without a serial, so prsuambly it will work like that with a wrong code. Do you get a tick after entering the code?

2) if you have both 4.0 and 4.5 installed this will cause problems.

3) Files gone? That would indicate that you've changed your content paths or reset the database

edited December 1969

heinz0r said:
    Neither InjectPMD nor Morphtools seem to work with this version. Gives me a wrong version error for the plugins :/

No, all plugins need to be recompiled to work with 4.5

• Grim-RedGrim-Red Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

i reported this release as to the CC because :

1) the serial number DOESN'T work properly. every time i'm forced to type it again.
    2)no way to use the previous version of the program (says "no importer found")
    3)All the old saves are GONE and without the chance to use the old version, in poor words, i can say i've lost 3 weeks of work.
    4)No way to send files to Bryce, it causes crash, so you loose what you've done in DAZ (so SAVE every 30 seconds or less)
    5)same problem if you try to send the files to Hexagon.

So....i suggest to DON'T istall this update till will be stable enough.

Ok is free, but it doesn't mean is nice to have a product not stable and ready to be used. (at least let me have back my previous version :( )

i take this chance to say thanks for the kindness of the admin who helped me a lot ( REALLY, a lot!!) and i hope the technical dept will be able to fix this disaster soon as possible (same problems with Hexagon dowload, and with few PAID items)

1) may be that the serial you are entering is wrong - this version will work without a serial, so prsuambly it will work like that with a wrong code. Do you get a tick after entering the code?

2) if you have both 4.0 and 4.5 installed this will cause problems.

3) Files gone? That would indicate that you've changed your content paths or reset the database

1)the disclaimer is clear when you download the RC, this update works with the serial code of DAZ4.0. No code, no way to use the 64 bit version, so i have to insert manually the code everytime. The 4.0 now is actually dead.
    2)yes, i have both istalled, but if i scroll manually the library of the 4.0 i can find my conents. i guess is i unistall i'll loose really everything...maybe i'm wrong.
    3)yes, the RC is not able to reach the main library, there is only a strange menu about codes, scrpits etc. So everytime i have to open manually the files (the one who work) from the old stash. the 64 bit seems able to take over every content, included morphs.

The conflict between the 2 is pretty clear, i simply wish to use my old wersion without loosing everything ( paid contents included)

Btw, thanks a lot for the tips, i'll check again, just to be sure. :-)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hey Scott... Have you tried a full uninstall of the program? It will not uninstall your content, just the program. Reboot to clear out the cobwebs and reinstall. I had an issue installing version .47 (the last buggy version that drove me up the wall) and doing that cleared up issues for me....

Seemed like a good idea, but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2012

Now I am afraid, If I can not save my seans as new .duf. file
    Please tell me how to save sean files.

After I installed daz studio 4.5RC, I remove 2 old my handmade morphs forr genesis.
    they were made for test only.when I used ds4 ,
    sometime I remove my test morphs, but it never cause ploblems.

the morps were saved
    (daz contentsfolda)\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\myname\mytestproducts\abc,dsf

After I removed abc.dsf

I road my seanfile (mytest.daz) , change somewhat, and saved as mytest.duf. in daz4.5RC

I can load mytest.daz ordinally, but if I load mytest.duf
    it gives error message and "so strange figure" comes out.
    Is there anyway to resume it?

shold I save all seans (which made in daz4) as .daz sean file?

Or it caused because map are remain to two morph files (they are not exist now)?

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited May 2012

1)the disclaimer is clear when you download the RC, this update works with the serial code of DAZ4.0. No code, no way to use the 64 bit version, so i have to insert manually the code everytime. The 4.0 now is actually dead.
    2)yes, i have both istalled, but if i scroll manually the library of the 4.0 i can find my conents. i guess is i unistall i'll loose really everything...maybe i'm wrong.
    3)yes, the RC is not able to reach the main library, there is only a strange menu about codes, scrpits etc. So everytime i have to open manually the files (the one who work) from the old stash. the 64 bit seems able to take over every content, included morphs.

The conflict between the 2 is pretty clear, i simply wish to use my old wersion without loosing everything ( paid contents included)

1) I'm not quite clear on what you mean - 4.5 should pick up the fact that you have a 4.0 serial number without any action on your part.
    2) No, uninstallling DS 4.0 will not remove your content - other than the base content, which will be replaced with new versions.
    3) Again, I'm not sure what you mean - but using the same panes and settings in DS 4.0 and 4.5 should show the same files.

It does sound as if there may be something wrong with your installation - I would remove both 4.0 and 4.5, then reinstall one of them.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Now I am afraid, If I can not save my seans as new .duf. file
    Please tell me how to save sean files.

After I installed daz studio 4.5RC, I remove 2 old my handmade morphs forr genesis.
    they were made for test only.when I used ds4 ,
    sometime I remove my test morphs, but it never cause ploblems.

the morps were saved
    (daz contentsfolda)\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\myname\mytestproducts\abc,dsf

After I removed abc.dsf

I road my seanfile (mytest.daz) , change somewhat, and saved as mytest.duf. in daz4.5RC

I can load mytest.daz ordinally, but if I load mytest.duf
    it gives error message and "so strange figure" comes out.
    Is there anyway to resume it?

shold I save all seans (which made in daz4) as .daz sean file?

Or it caused because map are remain to two morph files (they are not exist now)?

Does it work if you create a new sphere primitive, save as a scene file, and reload? If you are getting a figure made of blocks it sounds as if it is not finding the geometry files.

edited December 1969

Oh thank you Richard,
    I saved primitive sphere seans in DS4.5RC, yesterday, and I can load it now.

moon.jpg
    603 x 380 - 33K
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Seemed like a good idea, but unfortunately that did not solve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Hmmmm, iirc, I went through my DAZStudio4 folder and removed all the extra trash that's left behind as well as the:
    c:/Users/RRRWW/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/ folder

Even hit the registry to make sure that was cleaned out. DAZ leaves junk behind as I found out.

The other solution is to uninstall again, go through and make sure all that's cleared out and then install into a new directory folder in the Program Files > DAZ 3D folder, meaning don't let it install to the default folder it's set up to. Another user did that and it solved her issues.. then again the installing new plugins and what not will be installed to the default folder so that will be a mess to deal with... Wish there was an easier solution .... sorry Scott.

edited December 1969

1 I can road girl.daz file(which is made in daz4pro)
    2 I save girl.daz as girl.duf
    3 I road girl.duf
    4 ><) erroer message , and strange figure.</p>

report3.JPG
    466 x 366 - 32K
    report2.JPG
    732 x 447 - 53K
    report1.JPG
    705 x 487 - 53K
    edited December 1969

1) I'm not quite clear on what you mean - 4.5 should pick up the fact that you have a 4.0 serial number without any action on your part.
    2) No, uninstallling DS 4.0 will not remove your content - other than the base content, which will be replaced with new versions.
    3) Again, I'm not sure what you mean - but using the same panes and settings in DS 4.0 and 4.5 should show the same files.

It does sound as if there may be something wrong with your installation - I would remove both 4.0 and 4.5, then reinstall one of them.

Probably will be shorter to unistall both and istall again one of the 2. I saw for now also DAZ 4.0 still free, i can download it again as new. Or not?? (i'm a bit hesitant, bacause i'm still waiting about the ticket that i'd submitted about some issues with contents and Hexagon )

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited May 2012

I saved the Fiery Victoria #1 scene as a .daz scene in 4.0.X.Y and that one, once loaded in the 4.5 release candidate and resaved as .duf, loads with the boxes too and no hair. Rendering shows Genesis to be naked.
    Saving as daz scene in DS 4.5, then reloading and resaving as duf, however, doesn't exhibit this behaviour.

Post edited by ReDave on
    edited December 1969

@Felinoscuro: ciao, you can reset any and all your orders in "My account"-> "Itemized order history", up to three times every three months.
    To keep your serial, once and for all under Windows, you need to right click the DAZ studio executable and select "run as administrator" then enter your serial and close the program.

edited December 1969

It shouldn't be necessary to run as admin to get serial numbers and preferences to stick in DS4 -that's why theya re now saved to the user's AppData folder.

edited December 1969

I am thinking about why old seanes can not be saved as daz 4.5RC .
    First it iseems to be not so important.

Because I removed my 2 test morphs. so every files (which had been saved before I removed the morphs) in 4.03
    can not save as .duf. Duf file may record all morph(assets) value there are (or relation to other files?).

When we load . duf files, if there is not exist some morphs(assets) ,
    they return error (though the morph value is zero.)
    OK I never remove any morphs!!

But, wait,,, If I uninstalled some products of morph ? Genesis is" the base figure" for daz studio 4.5rc. .
    and we may have many morphs for genesis.( products morphs, plus handmade morphs, free ,morps etc)
    we may save many seanes as "duf". so Do you recognize which genesis morph you used for your many seanes?

No we may not. if we feel some morph is not need any more for genesis, we may uninstall,or remove it .

I afraid , even though we do not use the morph to make the seanes, as far as we use the seanes ,
    we sholud keep every morphs forever? (which they like or not, they need or not) .

I hope it is just my misunderstanding.

edited May 2012

@Richard: OK, that's good to hear, actually!
    I filed a bug report about the daz scenes resaved as duf, #46866

Post edited by ReDave on
    edited December 1969

Richard and Redave....in the end i unistalled both and dowloaded DAZ 4.0. Now it runs properly and i didn't have anymore problem to send files to Bryce or to Hexagon. I don't understand why saves scenes under "shader mixer", but at least i didn't have crash anymore. For now seems ok, thanks a lot for the kind support and the tips about how and where to check....sometimes the most simple thing is the last to think about. :-D

edited May 2012

RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

Hmmmm, iirc, I went through my DAZStudio4 folder and removed all the extra trash that's left behind as well as the:
    c:/Users/RRRWW/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/ folder

Even hit the registry to make sure that was cleaned out. DAZ leaves junk behind as I found out.

The other solution is to uninstall again, go through and make sure all that's cleared out and then install into a new directory folder in the Program Files > DAZ 3D folder, meaning don't let it install to the default folder it's set up to. Another user did that and it solved her issues.. then again the installing new plugins and what not will be installed to the default folder so that will be a mess to deal with... Wish there was an easier solution .... sorry Scott.
    Hmm...I didn't seem to have an /AppData folder within my user folder. And my Studio4 folder didn't seem to have any extra trash (just a file I had created). And I'd rather not mess around in the registry...too much potential to screw things up (I was more comfortable doing this in earlier versions of Windows. And I definitely don't want to install to a non-default directory...tried that before (when I first installed DS4) and I don't want to go down that road again. Sounds like fixing the problem might be more trouble than it's worth...so I'll either have to deal with it until the next build (or fix) comes out, or else revert. Thanks, though...

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited June 2012

I checked on ds 4.5 RC , and that is just report. I do not know it is no use for anyone.

1. make handmade morph and save it. name as "mytestshape"
    I shape genesis by mytestshape" morph.

2a I set pose on genesis ,then saved sean as "check".duf

3 closed ds4rc , I removed mytestshape from data folda.

4 when I load "check.duf" . It turned erroer "can not find "mytestshape" " as I expect,

But, posing genesis appear usually. (she have not only shape of mymorph)

5 I saved the sean (without morph) as check1.duf,
    then road check1.duf . it has no error message now.

=================================

2b I set pose genesis ,then saved sean as "check".daz

3b closed ds4rc , I removed mytestshape from data folda.

4b I load "check.daz" it has noe erroer message, and posing genesis appear (without shape of morph)

5b I saved the sean as "check2".duf

6b (4) I load "check2.duf" . It turned erroer "can not find "mytestshape" " as I expect

But, posing genesis appear usually. (she has not only shape of mymorph)

7b (5) I saved the sean (without morph) as check1.duf, then road check1.duf . it has no erroer message now.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

May I put in a request concerning the Geometry Shell tool? Would it be possible to allow the shell to have it's own UV map settings? Say, so we could use a Michael5 texture on the base Genesis, and then Jepe's Michael4 Bodyhair/Bodyjewels textures on the shell? I see no reason why the shell HAS to have the same UV mapping as the mesh beneath it, as you might as well just use the Layered Image Editor instead.

edited December 1969

Not sure what I did,* but things seem to be working now! :) Thanks to those who offered help here and elsewhere.

*Well, I rebooted, but I had already tried that...

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited June 2012

Apologies if it's been mentioned before, I looked through a few pages and only found a few posts related to Genesis and custom morphs.

I saved a .duf scene using Gen 4 figures with this release candidate yesterday, when I opened it just now, ALL of the morphs (on both figure and props) are zeroed. Is this a current bug and is there any way to avoid it?

Thanks,

SnowS

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Would it be possible to allow the shell to have it's own UV map settings?

I second that!

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Also just noticed that light passes right through objects and illuminates the opposite side...when did that start? For example, if you add a spotlight behind a building, the front edges of the building are also lit up. Turning shadows doesn't even stop it, it only adds shadows to help cover it up.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Erdehel said:
    Would it be possible to allow the shell to have it's own UV map settings?

I second that!

I mean, just think about it. If whoever did that M5Gens remapped to take M4 textures were to make it so that the M4 gens texture could be used on the hip area too...

Load M5. Graft M5 gens. Apply M4 texture to whole figure. Apply M4 gens texture to shell. Result. No annoying texture seams. Also, it would allow us to easily use our old Gen4 eyebrow textures (like the ones included with Snowsultan's Anime Eyes).