DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate Available Now

Comments

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Has anyone else noticed that rendering seems to be quite a bit slower in Daz Studio 4.5. I'm using the same settings as i've done before and it seems to be taking an extra couple of minutes than usual.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Has anyone else noticed that rendering seems to be quite a bit slower in Daz Studio 4.5. I'm using the same settings as i've done before and it seems to be taking an extra couple of minutes than usual.

For me it is significantly faster.

Kendall

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

For me its about the same. I use UberEnvironment on most of my scenes and having 8 threads help on that.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,751
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    Stezza said:
    I just installed windows 8 pre-release version 64bit..

DazStudio 4.5 Pro 64bit installs but the content which is in the installer doesn't..

is there a separate content installer available?

For anyone interested.. You need to install DazStudio 4.5 onto Windows 8 using compatibility mode.. I used compatibility for Vista SP2 and it installed the content fine..

Only problem now is Mr Hyde can't wear his pants in 4.5.. it no work! :coolgrin:

Update your Mr. Hyde.

Kendall

I did... still dudless! :coolcheese:

• os11os11 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes I noticed it was significantly slower. I'm on a MacBook Pro so OS X using 4.5 was much slower, I just switched back to 4.0 and is much quicker. Might be just a Mac thing, haven't had a chance to test on Windows.

Chris

• hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Anyone else also getting garbled broken heads on the backside of the head mesh when trying to include WERTS face morphs with morph loader? I just used the method I always used by selecting the head, then at 24375% and using vertex morphs method.

The morph itself seems to work but the backside of the head gets seriously distorted the more you dial in the morph. Would be great if you guys at DAZ can fix this behaviour.

• AAKLebAAKLeb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Where I can find the Version 4.5.0.49 ? I have reported a bug, and they told me that the issue is resolved in this version 4.5.0.49 , where I can find it ?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The version 4.5.0.49 might be a not yet released final-we-mean-it-this-time-(fingers-crossed) actual non-beta release of D|S4.5 — it might be available tomorrow, it might be another couple of weeks. Or three. Any advance on four...?

This has happened before, when new versions of D|S have been nearly ready to go. It'll be released when it's released. I'm not in any hurry, I still mostly work in D|S3 right now.

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AAKLeb said:
    Where I can find the Version 4.5.0.49 ? I have reported a bug, and they told me that the issue is resolved in this version 4.5.0.49 , where I can find it ?

As SpottedKitty said, it means that they have already fixed the bug in the latest version that DAZ is using, but that is often not available to the public when they are testing release clients.

The good news is that your bug will be fixed when they give us the final version, the bad news you may not see that version for a while, depending on how the RC beta is going.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I'm just wondering if anyone else is have a problem with the Sirena character since upgrading to 4.5. It was working beautifully prior to upgrading but I'm now getting a missing file message and when I try to reinstall I'm getting a message saying it needs genesis and to install to the correct folder. I have tried installing to the User\user folder and also my content folder on an external hard drive. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

Pen

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

It's possible that the files have changed and so aren't being recognised - though it should usually be checking for something in the \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis folder, not the \People\Genesis folder which now has .duf files instead of .dsf.

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Can you run DS4.5 RIBs on the free 3Delight v.10 standalone engine or is the bug from 4.0 still there?

Cheers! Oom

• WiseavatarWiseavatar Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

So I took the plunge and installed the RC.

For some reason When DS fires up it loads up as usual with a Genesis character but with Gen4 character applied ie V4 shape ,Jawfix and custom body and head morph.

This maybe a character preset I created.

What is the method of setting this which I assume is new to the RC.

Oh and hi all to the new forums.

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

to get RC 2 (4.5.0.49) just reset your RC1 ... its instant too :)

• AAKLebAAKLeb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

wow ! thanks I will do that....

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

@Wiseavatar: welcome! The Genesis that loads at start-up belongs to a scene the path of which you can find at Edit->Preferences->Startup tab. Simply zero those morphs and resave your scene.

Going to get RC2 as soon as site cooperates.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

this plugin is functional in DzPro 4.5?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genx-addon-gen3-for-a3-and-h3/

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

No, GenX has not been updated yet.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

No, GenX has not been updated yet.

Ok, thanks for clarify! :lol:
    my Goccin A3 will wait for some time to be Genesified.... :shut:
  • BruceBroussardBruceBroussard Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Plug-in failed to load d3dGenX
    What is the solution?

• BruceBroussardBruceBroussard Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

if
    DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK Release Candidate 2
    is out then why so many plug-ins not working?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

The plugins will not work until they are updated, which will not happen until DS4.5 becomes the release version. This was mentioned in the first post.

• edited December 1969

if
    DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK Release Candidate 2
    is out then why so many plug-ins not working?

A pity since I could really use the genX Anyway to reinstall prior version without overwriting 4.5?

Want to keep playing with this. Biggest issue for me any way seems to come in the rendering . Sometimes won't let me save

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

Well, I tried the second candidate already, and already I'm giving and going back to the regular 4.0 Pro after I found out the VERY hard way after an hour of tedious Supersuit work that I can no longer save a .daz via Cntr+Shift+S. When i tried to save it as a .duf it just crashed, destroying all my invested effort...

• edited December 1969

Well, I tried the second candidate already, and already I'm giving and going back to the regular 4.0 Pro after I found out the VERY hard way after an hour of tedious Supersuit work that I can no longer save a .daz via Cntr+Shift+S. When i tried to save it as a .duf it just crashed, destroying all my invested effort...

yeah been through that one as well. Thank you for reminding me. Got away from this with the fiasco of this new website taking away my attention.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

And NOW for some reason, my hotkeys won't work at all! Even after going back to Studio 4.0 Pro as intended my Save As is still trying to make me save .duf's and my Ctrl+Shift+S is unresponsive.

Can someone help me?

• tomcleavertomcleaver Posts: 6
    edited July 2012

Downloaded and installed 4.5 no problems - hoping it would fix the disappearing cursor problem. It doesn't. So where do I report a bug? You'd think clicking on the "Report A Bug" page would work. It doesn't. It's probably got a bug in it.:cool grin:

By the way, by disappearing cursor problem, I mean I'm happily clicking around a pose, I'll do something with the parameters tab, suddenly my cursor vanishes. If I click onto Safari and back, sometimes it returns. Google this problem and you'll be told again and again that it's a graphics card setting. I've got a brand new Mac and I haven't mucked with anything yet. WTF?!!

Post edited by tomcleaver on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Google this problem and you'll be told again and again that it's a graphics card setting. I've got a brand new Mac and I haven't mucked with anything yet.

Your hardware might be squeaky new, but there's no guarantee the graphics card drivers that came with your computer will be up-to-date. More the opposite, it's usual for them to be several months old, sometimes more. Check to see whether you need to get driver updates from Apple, or direct from the graphics card manufacturer. If you can get newer drivers, that will probably also give you a newer OpenGL version and better Viewport performance. Faster or better-looking hardware renders (which use your graphics card, just like the Viewport) are also a possibility.
  • tomcleavertomcleaver Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Check to see whether you need to get driver updates from Apple, or direct from the graphics card manufacturer.

See! Drivers again! lol. Yep, drivers are all up to date but it's still happening. Feel like a guy who keeps turning up at the doctor with symptoms only to be told it's psychosomatic. There's definitely some weird link between opening the "Parameters" panel ("Scene" etc are fine) and the cursor vanishing. Opening "Parameters" has also locked up and then crashed Daz Studio (and some background programs) on numerous occasions.

• edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    acanthis said:
    No, it is NOT available. The link given above is for a non-existent page.

Why is it that, every single time without fail that I see a post trumpeting the availability of yet another new version of DAZ Studio, the link never works?

Try this link instead: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-x-release-candidate/

The other is the old-style link and SHOULD auto-forward (it does for me), but you land at the link I posted above.

Nope. This link doesn't work for me either.