DAZ Studio 4.5 Release Candidate Available Now

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I saved a .duf scene using Gen 4 figures with this release candidate yesterday, when I opened it just now, ALL of the morphs (on both figure and props) are zeroed

Hi SnowSultan, did you road scene(or figure),which saved in 4.0.3 pro and make your new seane?

I now road V4.2 set character morph and posed . then saved as duf. and road the sean,
    V4 keep character morph, and pose.

I am annoyed at message when I road the 3,or 4 generation figure.
    DAZ studio will support genesis only?

V4erroer.JPG
    735 x 337 - 53K
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Kitakoredazu, I saved a V4 scene in this version (4.5) and it loads with all morphs at zero. I am not having the problem you are; a V4 scene saved in 4.0.3 does open correctly for me in 4.5.

That "cannot use this figure" error is strange! I hope we can get both of our different problems solved soon.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Has anyone else seen this behavior with Auto-Fit? You have a character you shaped that has some heft to it, in this case a bosomy bar wench. You add a V4 outfit and when Auto-Fit is done the clothing seems to have had the morphs transferred exponentially. There is a big offset all around the figure. The offset is bigger where morphs dials where set higher like breast and hips and not quite as much where the dials had negative values like the waist. Without the image filters I couldn't post any pictures of the this character but I'll try to make a TOS friendly example tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Sorry! The erroer message is my mistake. I set tools weight map, before I closed daz studio, I forget it .
    then I open ds road 3 ,4 generation figure. so weight map tools say " can not use (me)!"

Please tell me "who am I ", when tools shout erroer message. %-P

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,750
    edited December 1969

I just installed windows 8 pre-release version 64bit..

DazStudio 4.5 Pro 64bit installs but the content which is in the installer doesn't..

is there a separate content installer available?

edited December 1969

uu,,this 4.5 RC really make my cry.:shut:
    It can not use pose preset ?

I load genesis , then shaped by some morphs (every products I bought daz shop and they can be used in genesis)
    and shaped face.

then,I want to pose her, so just apply basic preset for female.
    her pose is difference from what I expect . her arms move around as if she is broken pupettier.
    she can move now with her will?
    of course first I set zero pose figure, and set pose file(duf)

Is it mentioned before?

pose_af.JPG
    656 x 588 - 58K
  • os11os11 Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Hi all, I just installed 4.5 and although there have been some improvements in speed and content management I seem to have lost the ability to access AniMate2 and all it's content. I just have the timeline and an empty menu.

I'm on Mac OS X Lion

Anyone else having this issue?

Also, is it safe to just re-download Daz Studio 4 and install over the top of the newer version keeping all my content? I could really do with using AniMate2 again...

Thanks for your time,

Chris

Post edited by os11 on
  • namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

I'm considering trying out 4.5 but before I do I have a few questions -

1) Is the 4.5 version one "buys" (the free one) the same as the version downloaded before the new store came on line?

Basicly have there been any updates...

2) Is Daz 4.5 going to cost any money when it is no longer an RC?

I don't want to install 4.5, get everything running and then find out there is a cost to keep a "pro" version of 4.5 and have to go back to DS 4 Pro

I bought DS 4 pro the day it came out. I don't want to pay for 4.5 and Carrara 8.5

edited December 1969

you can not move aniblock witch stuck with ds 4.0.3 free on, ds 4.5.RC
    If you buy animate 2 plug in , I think you can move them .but I do not know.
    Now you have only animate light and time line . are not you?

there are just animate 2 plug -in which you may buy. (they are not full sport now)

I found out that yesterday. I but it may feels bad who wamt to use daz 4.5 rc,
    I dare not say that. (I said again and again, they should write morre clearly,
    about what we may lose, than what we get.)

edited December 1969

I bought the AniMate2 plug in yes, I tried reinstalling the moves etc, which I have found in the content manager and rolling over them applies the moves to the character, double clicking on the action adds the block to the timeline but the menu which used to contain all this content is still empty.

Now that I have found I can still access this content through the manager this isn't too much of a problem although it would be nice to see this fixed as it's not what you would expect.

Chris

edited June 2012

@os11

it may help you I think.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpvm8T7NJFM&feature=relmfu

yeah, you can. (and me too, but I never use ds 4.5 now:P)

1.In contents Library, check,
    Dazstudioformat> yourcontentsfolda>animatecontents>aniblocks

2 on contents Library tab, R click > then open content directory manager.

3 add "aniblocks"(folda) your Daz format directory . (edited )

then we can use aniblocks!
    If I do not see this movie again ,I must gave up to use aniblock.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Thank you! this did the trick!

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Guys, I just discovered something about DS 4.5!

With my Visual Style Shaders, you can now ctrl/click them, select "ignore" under map settings, and your textures won't be removed! Of course you still need to reapply textures to non-standard parameters such as the outline and ambient occlusion, but it certainly makes the job a bit easier.

I wonder if there's a way to automate that further...

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

With my Visual Style Shaders, you can now ctrl/click them, select "ignore" under map settings, and your textures won't be removed! Of course you still need to reapply textures to non-standard parameters such as the outline and ambient occlusion, but it certainly makes the job a bit easier.

That's great news! Thanks for the heads up :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Couldn't you do that before?

edited December 1969

Couldn't you do that before?

Not with shaders made using Shader Mixer, so no.

edited December 1969

Anyone have anything like this happen to them? This is Genesis saved in 4.0.3, loaded, resaved as a .DUF in the new version, and reloaded. :P Virtually every saved scene I resave and reopen is screwed up in one way or another, but few other people seem to be having this problem.

mess.jpg
    400 x 331 - 25K
    edited December 1969

@SnowSultan

If you can load seans .daz (which was made in daz 4.0 pro ) usually ,
    you can save it ( .daz) file.

When you use the old files as( .daz) It will not have so heavy problems (though I do not believe that)

but I suggest you should save it another name
    and in another folda for daz 4.5 rc.

Otherwise, If you overwritte it as same name,
    eg load "your.daz" and change something save as "your.daz" in daz 4.5rc

you can not use it in 4.0 . again.
    that means if 4.5RC has another ploblems you can not use the sean again.

I can understand

Files saved from this version of DAZ Studio are not backward compatible with older versions, including version 4.0.x.

But It never means
    Files saved before daz 4.0 pro may not have compatiblity with new versions, and may not save new file format

They just say Yes we know, it is known issue and problems for few men .

edited December 1969

"Otherwise, If you overwritte it as same name,
    eg load “your.daz” and change something save as “your.daz” in daz 4.5rc
    you can not use it in 4.0 . again."

Heh, yes of course you do not want to overwrite your old file. :) Do you see a way to save scenes as .daz files in 4.5 though? I only see that we can save them as .duf now.

Making a new scene in 4.5 seems to save and open OK. I just have a lot of problems when I try to resave a 4.0 scene as a .duf.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

"Otherwise, If you overwritte it as same name,
    eg load “your.daz” and change something save as “your.daz” in daz 4.5rc
    you can not use it in 4.0 . again."

Heh, yes of course you do not want to overwrite your old file. :) Do you see a way to save scenes as .daz files in 4.5 though? I only see that we can save them as .duf now.

Making a new scene in 4.5 seems to save and open OK. I just have a lot of problems when I try to resave a 4.0 scene as a .duf.

File->Save As->Deprecated->Scene(Daz)

Kendall

edited December 1969

yes, you can save youre evere seanes as .daz in 4.5 rc.

but I now uninstalled 4.5rc ,so I can not show the image. sorry.

File save as ,then you go down down, to bottom , then you can find option to save as ( .daz) (for 4.5rc only)
    (hey will they teach customer every save option clearly? I think daz programmer love so many options,
    but if user can not understand how to use correctly, they has few means for customer)

preset VS asset? I think they should finish their manual for many save option in daz 4 pro,
    before they append new option.

If I can save new format, dfu and it goes well, I need not save sean (.daz ) anymore ,do not you think so?
    Because .daz file can not be used in daz 4 pro.

I can not understand why they make such .daz save option.%-P

edited December 1969

Hopefully this will be picked up by Daz themselves but a small error on http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-what-is-daz-studio where it says:

"Design amazing digital art with this popular 3D figure customization, posting, and animation tool, free for a limited time."

I assume this is meant to say posing.

Also on the store area at the top on Safari on the Mac at least random user accounts keep popping up at the top including there wish-lists fortunately I cant go into there account further but not good thinking someone else may be able to see my account.

Hope this can be changed,

Chris

edited December 1969

"File->Save As->Deprecated->Scene(Daz)"

You have that option? I don't.

edited December 1969

"File->Save As->Deprecated->Scene(Daz)"

You have that option? I don't.

Common problem for those updating. You have to reset the layout before you see a lot of the new options. Just make sure you save your toolbar settings and such, and then reset the rest of the interface. Then you'll start seeing the Deprecated save options amongst some of the newer ones.

edited December 1969

I'll do that, thanks.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,750
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:

DazStudio 4.5 Pro 64bit installs but the content which is in the installer doesn't..

For anyone interested.. You need to install DazStudio 4.5 onto Windows 8 using compatibility mode.. I used compatibility for Vista SP2 and it installed the content fine..

Only problem now is Mr Hyde can't wear his pants in 4.5.. it no work! :coolgrin:

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

For anyone interested.. You need to install DazStudio 4.5 onto Windows 8 using compatibility mode.. I used compatibility for Vista SP2 and it installed the content fine..

Only problem now is Mr Hyde can't wear his pants in 4.5.. it no work! :coolgrin:

Update your Mr. Hyde.

Kendall

• AAKLebAAKLeb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The genitalia could not be exported with Genesis anymore by the FBX exporter. any idea ?? It seem that it will be considered as Part of the mesh, so when M5 with genitalia is exported to maya, you get the bones, but the genitalia is Part of the M5 mesh, and it is not skinned to it's bones. in the preview version of Daz studio (4.0.3.47) I was able to export M5 with genitalia, but when exported as FBX to maya, I get 2 genitalia, one considered as part of the M5 mesh (like what this version of Daz studio do), the second is the genitalia itself with it's bones...

• AAKLebAAKLeb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And also, Texture Atlas is still NOT WORKING on genesis ( I tested it with M5)

edited December 1969

For anyone interested if 4.0 can be installed back over 4.5 without effecting your previous content then the answer is that everything will be OK! Unless of cause lightening strikes and cuts the power when doing the install... but what are the chances?...

I've gone back to 4 as I'm more productive. 4.5 does have its improvements but I'll wait for a more finished product than messing with almost finished stuff.

Chris