Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.54! (Release Candidate)

Comments

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Mr. Haseltine, Norton is the anti virus of choice.

At the moment I am back,somewhat, to where I was on Friday before I tried to be

Louis Pasteur, so you will understand me when I say that there will be no DAZ Studio 4.9 in

my immediate future.

Project was completed all is well.

I have fulfilled what I deemed to be a certain obligation to fellow members.

All the best to all of you

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    edited December 2015

Hi Richard,

The error is related to the PostgreSQL database engine - ...  and the oen that I ssupect is hitting you, is that it isn't compatible with ZoneAlarm - is that your firewall? If it is, ...

this is the issue of most European users. ZA and Avira is most popular over here, because of it more trustable security. And it looks as if it is not the only one (same for Norton?).

Do have any solution for us? Or do you have any clue when it will be functionable? And how?

You can not expect that we are going to completely change our systems only due to DAZ 4.9.

Post edited by AndyS on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,061
    AndyS said:

Hi Richard,

The error is related to the PostgreSQL database engine - ...  and the oen that I ssupect is hitting you, is that it isn't compatible with ZoneAlarm - is that your firewall? If it is, ...

this is the issue of most European users. ZA and Avira is most popular over here, because of it more trustable security. And it looks as if it is not the only one (same for Norton?).

Do have any solution for us? Or do you have any clue when it will be functionable? And how?

You can not expect that we are going to completely change our systems only due to DAZ 4.9.

ZA has been interfering with PostgreS since sometime around 2010 - and they don't seem to have any desire to fix it. Here's what Rob went through when he first started using PostgreS for testing: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/593430/#Comment_593430

• OK, I hoped I was on to something - however I have Norton and it doesn't clash with PostgreSQL for me, so it looks like an unproductive idea.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    namffuak said:
    AndyS said:

Hi Richard,

ZA has been interfering with PostgreS since sometime around 2010 - and they don't seem to have any desire to fix it. Here's what Rob went through when he first started using PostgreS for testing: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/593430/#Comment_593430

It's been 5 or 6 yrs now and it's most likely not going to be something that is fixed.  And it is one of the things that has soured me on ZA (and the bloat that has crept into what was traditionally a very lean single purpose program). 

mjc1016 said:

Hi Richard,

It's been 5 or 6 yrs now and it's most likely not going to be something that is fixed.  And it is one of the things that has soured me on ZA (and the bloat that has crept into what was traditionally a very lean single purpose program). 

What bothers me most (and leads to my conspiracy theory) is that ZA actively interferes with connections to PostgreS even when it has been set inactive and should be exiting immediately on any call.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    mjc1016 said:
    namffuak said:
    AndyS said:

Hi Richard,

Used to love it; started using it about 95, stopped ten or more years ago; generally use Kaspersky, but look at real world tests.

• Hi everyone, I installed the newest beta but it didn't help the beta DB issue that appeared after upgrading to Win10 1511 - all my categories load fine, but they are empty. Content folders are the same as in 4.8 and they work okay. Categories are populated in 4.8.

Anything I could try to fix this? Restarting CMS doesn't help.

Hi everyone, I installed the newest beta but it didn't help the beta DB issue that appeared after upgrading to Win10 1511 - all my categories load fine, but they are empty. Content folders are the same as in 4.8 and they work okay. Categories are populated in 4.8.

Anything I could try to fix this? Restarting CMS doesn't help.

Restarting CMS how? As a Windows service? That's the Valentina Database, and Studio 4.9 requires Postgres. If it is the Postgres database you're having problems with we may need some log information.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,107

I'm getting a CTD using the AoA grass shader for 3DL or the "make it fuzzy" shader that uses it.

Works fine in 4.8 only crashing in 4.9.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

the iray wax uber shader has changed

can i have it back as it was pls ?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    Ruphuss said:

Should be fixed for release.
    Ruphuss said:

Yes. that was mentioned upthread...and I believe it was also mentioned that a fix is coming.

I did joke about just renaming the non-fixed version as a jelly shader.

that was "Colored Wax" not "Wax" which is totally different

thanks Spooky

Ruphuss said:

thanks Spooky

So the plain wax changed too?

Ruphuss said:

thanks Spooky

My mistake, I thought you were talking about the colored wax shader. The wax shader didn't change, or need changing other than a software fix you should have in this build. The results were the same on render. Can I get you to please file a bug report and include images (preferbly with a simple scene file) so we can see what you are seeing?

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/tickets/new

thanks

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740

What annoys me a bit is DS 4.9's new color for the aniBlocks in the aniMate tab, when using the Darkside style. White text on a light blue background is IMHO a horrible idea... frown

Is there any way to change it manually? If not, please revert it back to the previous dark blue. Or at least put a black text on it. Thanks. smiley

aniMate.jpg
    600 x 400 - 50K
  • I just made some purchases, like I do every payday... :-( and when I opened DS 4.9 and logged in, none of the products that I purchased show up as available?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have done this same thing several times before and it has always worked????

Is there are problem with the service?

• Well, that was weird. I realized that I had missed one of the products that I intended to purchase, so I completed another transaciton with the single item that I missed the first time and TaDa, everything showed up in the available tab. Very odd, I must say.

• I've noticed, even with 4.8, that there can be a delay of several minutes between the time I complete a purchase on the web and the time Install Manager sees it.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 2015
    Arnold C. said:

What annoys me a bit is DS 4.9's new color for the aniBlocks in the aniMate tab, when using the Darkside style. White text on a light blue background is IMHO a horrible idea... frown

Is there any way to change it manually? If not, please revert it back to the previous dark blue. Or at least put a black text on it. Thanks. smiley

This is likely due to the fact that aniBlock styling is tied to the "new" color (Window > Style > Customize Style... : 2. Accents : 10. 'New' Group Color), as it is in 4.8 and earlier builds -and the default "new" color changed to correspond with Daz corporate colors.

FWIW, it looks like they might be working on making Window > Style > Customize Style... more flexible, with Parameters pane like list views.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
    Arnold C. said:

hi Arnold

i still have the dark blue in preview

but i never was online with 4,9

and the preview does not change

maybe because of this

• Arnold CArnold C Posts: 740

This is likely due to the fact that aniBlock styling is tied to the "new" color (Window > Style > Customize Style... : 2. Accents : 10. 'New' Group Color), as it is in 4.8 and earlier builds -and the default "new" color changed to correspond with Daz corporate colors.

FWIW, it looks like they might be working on making Window > Style > Customize Style... more flexible, with Parameters pane like list views.

Thanks a lot, Cris. And again I did learn something new. smiley I did set it to DS 4.8's 0-75-151 and I've got my prefered blue back. And am able to read which aniBlock is which.yes

Ruphuss said:

hi Arnold

i still have the dark blue in preview

but i never was online with 4,9

and the preview does not change

maybe because of this

Hi Ruphuss.

Odd. I didn't go online either with DS 4.9. You do use the "Darkside" style, too? The "Highway" and "Main Street" still use the dark blue color like in DS 4.8, only on Darkside they're in that bright blue on mine.

yes darkside

ok i found out

go to customize interface style under window

change nr 10 new group colour

this changes the aniblocks and preview

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

I'm confused on how to test the 4.9 beta Daz Connect features, while still using 4.8 for normal work along with the DIM to install. If I install a product in DS 4.9.0.54 with Daz Connect, it doesn't show up in 4.8, because 4.8 does not look at the Daz Connect data. So, I use the DIM to install the same product, so DS 4.8 can use it. Now I have 2 sets of metadata for the same product - one is in my normal content library where the DIM installs products, and one is in the Daz Connect data. Which one gets used? Does this cause problems?

barbult said:

I'm confused on how to test the 4.9 beta Daz Connect features, while still using 4.8 for normal work along with the DIM to install. If I install a product in DS 4.9.0.54 with Daz Connect, it doesn't show up in 4.8, because 4.8 does not look at the Daz Connect data. So, I use the DIM to install the same product, so DS 4.8 can use it. Now I have 2 sets of metadata for the same product - one is in my normal content library where the DIM installs products, and one is in the Daz Connect data. Which one gets used? Does this cause problems?

In 4.8 the one installed by DIM gets used. In 4.9 the one installed by DAZ Connect gets used.

Here's another problem I'm having with 4.9.0.54. If I copy an asset from one product in the Content Library and paste it as a reference into another product, I can't delete that pasted asset from the product I pasted it into. I right clicked on it and selected Remove Reference. I confirmed Yes, I want to remove the reference. Nothing happened. The asset is still shown in the product I pasted it into.I right clicked and selected Refresh. It is still there. I exited DS 4.9.0.54 and restarted it. That asset is still there. I selected Content DB Editor for the product and looked at the list of assets. Yup, it is still listed there. I selected that pasted-in asset and selected Delete Asset(s). It disappeared from the asset list, like I would expect. I clicked Accept and let it overwrite the metadata support file. I went back to the Content Library to look at the product to verify that the pasted asset was not gone. The product listing was EMPTY! All assets had been deleted from that product! I opened the product with the Content DB Editor again. No assets were listed.

Both the product that I pasted the asset from and the product I pasted it to were products that had been installed in 4.8 a long time ago and migrated to 4.9.

Another issue - why do I have a whole bunch of 0 byte files showing up in Smart Content in 4.9.0.54?

Screenshot 2015-12-16 14.52.08.png
    1368 x 916 - 155K
    barbult said:

In 4.8 the one installed by DIM gets used. In 4.9 the one installed by DAZ Connect gets used.

this sounds like for 4.9 we have to be online ?