The "The Weather Changes More Often than the Thread Title" Complaint Thread

1…3132343637…40

Comments

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,515
    edited September 13

    Complaint:  I'm quite sure that there are a lot of people today who are not people.  Perhaps aliens, perhaps animated minerals, they certainly think like rocks, but  I see them all the time on YouTube, acting up and despite the weary efforts of a flabbergasted policeman, ending up going to jail because they couldn't understand the civilized way of handling being stopped for something as minor as a tail light out, or not wearing their seatbelt. (*eye roll*)  Don't kick the policeman in the nuts.  Just take the ticket!  Sigh, the bar is so low these days.  I guess if you wear clothes, you can drive a car.  License, registration and insurance optional.crying  I often think they believe as long as their mouth is open and jabbering, they're safe.indecision  Hint:  It never works.laugh

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • If cats sleep 16 hours a day is their waking life the "real life", or is their dream life the real life? I think its a legit question in need of serious research.

  • In answer to the question: Yes. I did ask my fleabag, but for some reason the answer was unrelated. I think answers to philosophical questions are out of scope for feline-human interactions. Regards, Richard.
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,406

    SilverGirl said:

    zombietaggerung said:

    I read somewhere that everytime you see a person in your dreams that it's a someone you have seen in real life, even if only in passing, since the human mind cannot make up faces. I've always wondered how much truth there is to that; if any.

    Well, you're not supposed to be able to read things in dreams, either, and I do that all the time.

    Considering the thousands upon thousands of people we see, I'd think this would be a really hard theory to prove or disprove. 

    I can remember instances in which I was trying to read something in a dream, and I couldn’t. I don’t think I could see numbers either. I also remember a dream where I was trying to do work that involved entering data, and I couldn’t. Because I couldn’t see it the data. It was frustrating.

    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DAZ person in a dream. I refuse to believe anybody has.

    LibreOffice has the worst spellchecker. 

  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,406

    donniekeidic said:

    If cats sleep 16 hours a day is their waking life the "real life", or is their dream life the real life? I think its a legit question in need of serious research.

    In the 2017 TV show, Electric Dreams, episode 5 has a person who is using a virtual reality headset to live a virtual life. Switching between the real and virtual lives, the person loses track of which life is real. The person is either a male video game designer whose wife was murdered, or a lesbian police officer with a rather attractive wife. The person eventually decides the game designer life must be the real one because the lesbian police officer story sounds too much like some man’s fantasy. 

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,515
    edited September 13

    Non-complaint:  Yay!  I just got money back from my Medicare Supplemental insurance plan.cool  It seems that I overpaid my last doctor bill.  I've apparently finally satisfied my part-B Medicare(doctor visits) deductable and from now to the end of the year my doctor appointments should be paid for completely.  Yay!  It's time to get mildly sick to take advantage of this!smileyfrown  Part-A (Hospital visits), not so much though.  I've only satisfied about 10% of that massive deductable for the year.frown  So, I could get the fluyes, but broken leg shouldn't be attemptedno  I should probably give up rollerblading.indecision

    Continuing complaint:  And of course its Medicare renewal season.  Oct 1 through mid-November is time to decide which Medicare additions to get for next year.  I.e. it's time to decide how sick you're going to be next year and how much you want to shell out for insurance that you might not need, but would be catastrophic if you didn't have it.  My mailbox is filling up with "Advantage" and "Supplemental" insurance sellers exclaiming their benefits but after you analyze their phonebook sized plan offerings, they're really all the same price but differ only in subtle nuances that will either save you or kill you, depending on fate.frown  I've kvetched about this previously.  No need to raise my blood pressure again.  I'm not insured for it.devil

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    3DIO said:

    garrett_3d said:

    I had a disturbing dream about Princess Diana's death on 30th August 1997. My partner at the time said I was being daft. Turned out to be a premonition, Diana was dead less than 24 hours later. That freaked me out a lot.

     Perhaps you're a Medium (or an L, XL, XXL or even triple XXXL) with such powers!

     

    Nice idea but I don't think so. I dreamed of a lottery win and that's never happened. I dreamed that I married a 21yr old goddess. That didn't happen either sad

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,568

    I do not know if I am ready to upgrade to Winddows 12 yet.

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 4,176

    garrett_3d said:

    3DIO said:

    garrett_3d said:

    I had a disturbing dream about Princess Diana's death on 30th August 1997. My partner at the time said I was being daft. Turned out to be a premonition, Diana was dead less than 24 hours later. That freaked me out a lot.

     Perhaps you're a Medium (or an L, XL, XXL or even triple XXXL) with such powers!

     

    Nice idea but I don't think so. I dreamed of a lottery win and that's never happened. I dreamed that I married a 21yr old goddess. That didn't happen either sad

     hmm I've heard that goddesses of any age are really high maintenance .........which means you need to have alot of money .......

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,515
    edited September 14

    Non-complaint:  I just had the most enlightening typed conversation with "Gemini" about Federal & State income taxes, Medicare, Medicaid, advantages/risks to my particular situation, eligibility, timing of requests for enrollment, and access to necessary forms.  No long wait in the SS office, no hours on the phone, no boring hours of YouTube videos, no books & insurance catalogs to fall asleep with or throw into the fireplace.  It even pointed out special services offered by Insurance companies.  It is possible, nay likely, that I could improve my situation significantly by certain modifications.  This is what AI is good for, for the common man.  I still have to verify and check out the particulars, but now that the needle has been painted and magnetized for me, I should be able to find it in the haystack a lot easier.  Wheee...!yes

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Xyetzt said:

    I do not know if I am ready to upgrade to Winddows 12 yet.

    i'm still on windows 10, the way things are going i'll probably never upgrade again.

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    carrie58 said:

    garrett_3d said:

    3DIO said:

    garrett_3d said:

    I had a disturbing dream about Princess Diana's death on 30th August 1997. My partner at the time said I was being daft. Turned out to be a premonition, Diana was dead less than 24 hours later. That freaked me out a lot.

     Perhaps you're a Medium (or an L, XL, XXL or even triple XXXL) with such powers!

     

    Nice idea but I don't think so. I dreamed of a lottery win and that's never happened. I dreamed that I married a 21yr old goddess. That didn't happen either sad

     hmm I've heard that goddesses of any age are really high maintenance .........which means you need to have alot of money .......

    That's where the lottery win would have come in yes 

  • .... I dreamed that I married a 21yr old goddess. That didn't happen either sad

    I happily married a 21yo goddess. She's now 56, and I'm also older too. That's the problem with time, it doesn't stop.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • Xyetzt said:

    I do not know if I am ready to upgrade to Winddows 12 yet.

    Well, it appears Microsoft isn't ready for you to upgrade, either, as they've not yet announced a release date. Or if there will be one.

    Regards,

    Richard 

  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,406

    richardandtracy said:

    .... I dreamed that I married a 21yr old goddess. That didn't happen either sad

    I happily married a 21yo goddess. She's now 56, and I'm also older too. That's the problem with time, it doesn't stop.

    Regards,

    Richard

    So Garrett's dream did predict the future. It just turns out it was your future. 

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    Haha! All I got was a tattooed Scottish biker psycho girl laugh

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,140

    A goddess is in the eye of the beholder. @garrett_3d How does she see you? 

    As someone who has been single all their life, I am not qualified to speak but love is not just the physical but the spirit. Do you both make each other happy and complete?

    And your wife would fit in around Denver very well.

  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,406
    I think I'm more like that Green Goddess salad dressing. You can find me in the aisles of your grocery store, probably near bags of lettuce.
  • 3DIO said:

    garrett_3d said:

    Haha! All I got was a tattooed Scottish biker psycho girl laugh

    Well at least she sounds like a fun one!

    I absolutely hate tattoos, though.  I hate them so damn much I would end any relationship as soon as I found out she had one!
    I cannot overstate how much I absolutely hate tattoos, I absolutely despise them, especially on women!

    So what do you think of tattoos?  You weren't clear.indecision 

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,515
    edited September 14

    Complaint:  Despite being way over budget this month, I still have to make an uptown trip this week to do laundry.frown  My 60th high school reunion is on Saturday and I haven't a thing to wear.cheeky  In high school during the early '60s, I was a quiet nerd & National Honor Society, student who wore homemade clothes styled from the '40s.  If I were 20 pounds lighter I'd grease myself into my 30 year old, custom tailored, motorcycle leathers and go, just for the shock value, again as I did for our 30th reunion.devil  So, it's going to have to be something loose to hide the unsynchronized bulges.  I might have a pair of dress pants that will do.  But if not, then it will be jeans.  However, my dress belt is lost.  So, regardless, it's going to have to be a 30 year old leather belt  with a large, oval, black, cloissonné belt buckle adorned with a blue & white spreadwinged eagle.heart  Which is, by the way, my symphony attire.smiley  Fashion (outside of leather) ain't my style.laugh

    My BFF from highschool, will (hopefully) be flying in from NYC and will pick me up in his rented car, but I believe there's a hurricane or big storm headed for NYC about the time he'd be leaving.frown

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    memcneil70 said:

    A goddess is in the eye of the beholder. @garrett_3d How does she see you? 

    As someone who has been single all their life, I am not qualified to speak but love is not just the physical but the spirit. Do you both make each other happy and complete?

    And your wife would fit in around Denver very well.

    Unfortunately she left me a long time ago for a guy with more motorbikes than me. 

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,961

    Now the question is... goddess of what?

    Because there is a whole lot of variety out there in goddesses... even if you stick with just one pantheon, which one certainly wouldn't have to!

    Personally, I'm fond of Brigid... Irish goddess of hearth and home, poetry, smithing, healing, protection, wisdom, childbirth, inspiration, and domesticated animals... and also patron of warfare. It's good to diversify.

     

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,515
    edited September 14

    SilverGirl said:

    Now the question is... goddess of what?

    Because there is a whole lot of variety out there in goddesses... even if you stick with just one pantheon, which one certainly wouldn't have to!

    Personally, I'm fond of Brigid... Irish goddess of hearth and home, poetry, smithing, healing, protection, wisdom, childbirth, inspiration, and domesticated animals... and also patron of warfare. It's good to diversify.

     

    Or one could get adventurous:  Kali Ma (also known as Goddess Kali) is the Hindu goddess of time, change, death, and destruction, as well as a powerful symbol of motherhood, protection, and spiritual liberation. Her name translates from Sanskrit to mean "She who is black" or "She who is time". Within Hinduism, she is revered as the ultimate, untamed manifestation of Shakti (divine feminine energy) and is the consort of the god Shiva.   I bet she could get way without a driving license, registration, and insurance if stopped.surprise  Diversified, but one mean girl.

    Maa Kali.jpg
    415 x 738 - 57K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • NylonGirl said:

    I think I'm more like that Green Goddess salad dressing. You can find me in the aisles of your grocery store, probably near bags of lettuce.

    There are other Green Goddesses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Goddess

  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,406

    SilverGirl said:

    Now the question is... goddess of what?

    Because there is a whole lot of variety out there in goddesses... even if you stick with just one pantheon, which one certainly wouldn't have to!

    Personally, I'm fond of Brigid... Irish goddess of hearth and home, poetry, smithing, healing, protection, wisdom, childbirth, inspiration, and domesticated animals... and also patron of warfare. It's good to diversify.

     

    I favor Athena. 

  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,448
    edited September 14

    On tattoos: I entertained the idea of getting a small one, but decided against it when I saw a 60 year old with a tattoo nearly as old as me at the time. Tattoos do not age well.

    I wasn't fond of them for other people either, until I realized that I just didn't like badly done tattoos. I've seen some that were amazing, done by true artists of the skin. But don't bet on finding one of those. Unless all you want is a blue arrow on your head.

    Post edited by TJohn on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 4,176

    3DIO said:

    @TJohn
    Same here (at least to a large extent).  I get why people like tattoos, but the problem with them, is 'permanence'.
    Why any woman would desecrate her body like that, knowing it to be permanent, is beyond my comprehension!

    Personally I think it would depend on why and ,what the tattoo represents ,my youngest daughter has gotten a tattoo of a paw print each time a furry baby passes ,I got a tattoo of a phoenix on my upper hip,after fighting my way through depression ,from an abuses marriage.My mother's opinion on tattoos is similiar to yours 3DIO and she had a melt down when she found out ,wanted to know what I was going to do when I got old how it would look ,and I told her I'd have an old wrinkled bird on my old wrinkled butt ,but it still would represent "rebirth" to me ........

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,515
    edited September 15

    I have three tattoos.  All gryphons.  The one on my shoulder is still great looking.yes  The two on my pecs, not so much.  Kind'a withered.frown  But then, I don't go bare chested anymore.  Mustn't frighten the natives, or attract too much pity.indecision  And all my piercings have been removed, except the little permanent gold ring in my left ear.  Dentist wanted me to remove it for the X-Rays he took last week.  I said "over my dead body".cheeky  But at least I didn't inject belly fat into my lips to mimic fish, or kill the nerves in my face with deadly bacteria poisons.no  I figure my experiments into body modifications were pretty benign.  I've seen much worse and learned from what I saw.  I never wanted a Prince Albert piercing because I was too proud of being able to pee without spraying 120 degrees around the urinal.surprise

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,406

    I am another person who does not do tattoos because they’re too permanent, and I’d be too indecisive. But if I did, I would only get tattoos in places I could cover with a business outfit. Like, if I was a lawyer then nobody in the courtroom would see the tattoos.

  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,140

    I thought tats were removable, so I queried Google, "are tattoos removable" and the answer I got was a qualified yes and pretty complex. So if you are interested, use that phrase on your own computer to see what comes up.

    FWIW I was raised in a family culture that had a heavy influence from my Edwardian grandmother who hated pierced ears and tattoos.

    I got my ears pierced in Taiwan and then found out I had an alergy in one ear lobe that prevented me from wearing earrings, no matter the spike material.

    I only laid down the law to my son that if anyone put a tat on him before his 18th birthday I would sue them. Once he was an adult and on his own, he could make that decision on his own. So, in the Army and drunk, he did. Thankfully a normal short sleeve shirt covers it up. He found out later business executives are conservative on some issues.

Sign In or Register to comment.