Off Topic Thread #2

1…5455565759

Comments

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,464

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I cannot access my Google Account in Microsoft Edge

    namely gmail and or watch videos on my YouTube channel

    a private window works for watching videos so its blocking my account

    I can access my Google account in Chrome

    That sucks. 

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,685

    Diomede said:

    @Bunyip02 - great news. Wishing you well.

    fixed itself eventually

    apparently were issues worldwide 

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 9,345

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    great news yes

    feed your possum fruit and while she's eating block the hole

    make a box yourself and mount it on a tree

    Thanks !!!

    Looking at getting the Possum Trapper in next week.

    Possum is actively going along the edge of the roof and trying to break in by lifting tiles, so not a case of just trying to plug a hole .....

    Had a few dealings with Possums before, this one is definately the most hostile I have come across, not just a pretty pink nose !!!

    Unfortunately we have a couple of Avocado trees in the back yard, and when they stop the Guava starts fruiting, Possums very happy with that arrangement !

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 9,345

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I cannot access my Google Account in Microsoft Edge

    namely gmail and or watch videos on my YouTube channel

    a private window works for watching videos so its blocking my account

    I can access my Google account in Chrome

    Was downloading some books from Google Play, had no problems. See in your later post that things back to normal.

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 9,345
    edited September 4

    Diomede said:

    @Bunyip02 - great news. Wishing you well.

    Thanks !!!

    Still got a bit of a tickle in the throat and a bit of a cough. If it keeps up will talk to the Doc about getting a Ear-Nose-Throat Specalist to check it out.

    Looks like my little health downturn was caused by a Virus. Good news that all the tests/X-Rays/Scans found nothing nasty !

    Copped a real bad virus in my first year at Uni. Uni Doctor was 100% certain I had Glandular Fever, had some tests done to confirm. Rang the Uni Clinic a week later and the Nurse told me I was a very sick boy, turned out to be a very bad virus that was going around. Was told by another Medico that a lot of Nurses were being knocked off their feet by it. Ended up missing my first term exams, was away from Uni for quite a while.

    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 9,265

    The possums have been scarce this year around here, usually they're fighting and carrying on running all over the place.

    Good to hear you've got the all clear yes

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 9,345

    Stezza said:

    The possums have been scarce this year around here, usually they're fighting and carrying on running all over the place.

    Good to hear you've got the all clear yes

    Thanks !!!

    Mentioned to the Doc that Mum said I had never had Measles or the vaccine. Lining up for a blood-test Monday to check if I have anti-bodies, if not another injection on the way !

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 9,265

    yeah, I haven't had my two shingles vaccines yet... the missus has and she had some bad side effects from them! surprise

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,685
    edited September 5

    having suffered shingles about 10 years ago, I can say anything couldn't possibly be worse

    was taking codiene every few hours for a week and it didn't touch it

    I literally was bedridden, the pain wax horrendous 

    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 9,345

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    having suffered shingles about 10 years ago, I can say anything couldn't possibly be worse

    was taking codiene every few hours for a week and it didn't touch it

    I literally was bedridden, the pain wax horrendous 

    Sorry to hear about that ......

    Mum was a Matron at a hospital, so spent some time around them as a kid.

    Heard a story about a Nurse who went to treat an inpatient. The moment the Nurse identified it was Shingles, the Nurse backed right off .....

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,685

    Bunyip02 said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    having suffered shingles about 10 years ago, I can say anything couldn't possibly be worse

    was taking codiene every few hours for a week and it didn't touch it

    I literally was bedridden, the pain wax horrendous 

    Sorry to hear about that ......

    Mum was a Matron at a hospital, so spent some time around them as a kid.

    Heard a story about a Nurse who went to treat an inpatient. The moment the Nurse identified it was Shingles, the Nurse backed right off .....

    I am well and truly over it and fortunately on my lower left abdomen, higher up or on the head involving an eye and brain are definitely far worse. People have lost eyesight 

    was only warning you that you don't want to get it, if you can get a vaccine, please do

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,685

    I found this cool site

    https://engaging-data.com/country-sizes-mercator/

    I remember linking a site previously in this thread where you could place countries on top of each other to compare sizes

    well maps are in the news again

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 9,345
    edited September 8

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I found this cool site

    https://engaging-data.com/country-sizes-mercator/

    I remember linking a site previously in this thread where you could place countries on top of each other to compare sizes

    well maps are in the news again

    Nice site !!!

    Greenhouse.png
    1337 x 628 - 190K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,685
    edited September 8

    I must try the KFC Picklecore meal tomorrow cheeky

    being Latvian, German, Lithuanian, Polish mix, it's in my genes to eat pickles

    particulary cucumbers, gherkins, those huge jars of cornichons 

    I do eat the onions and vegetable mixes too, and sauerkraut of course 

    not fond of the pickled herrings though

    (both parents were, wrapped around a dill cucumber, rollmops)

    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 9,265

    movie time, along with a Hahn Beer wink

    my eldest son was sick the other day, spewin' and chuckin'

    the remedy was a KFC burger.... right as rain after that! surprise

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,685

    Windows just did an update without my permission interupting 10 hours of work!

    it's not supposed to be able to

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,464

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    Windows just did an update without my permission interupting 10 hours of work!

    it's not supposed to be able to

    Argh. That reaqlly sucks. Sorry that happened to you. Grrrr. angry

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 9,265

    NFL at the 'G'

    It's on tv brekky shows already! 8am!

    may have to watch the start live on Netflix to see what it's all about. 
     

    Apparently the visiting yanks have bought all the Vegemite! 

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 9,265

    watching the NFL Netflix commentator having a shoey! before kickin' on! laugh

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 9,265

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I must try the KFC Picklecore meal tomorrow cheeky

    and did you? cool 

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,685

    Stezza said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I must try the KFC Picklecore meal tomorrow cheeky

    and did you? cool 

    yes, of course

    the dehydrated pickles on the loaded chips fascinated me, I couldn't find them online anywhere by themselves in Australia

    a bit wary of ordering OS foods online 

  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 10,566
    edited September 15

    I can recomend the macdonalds icecreams, a dollar each, we buy four for two of us, then feel sick but have fun getting to feel sick. Plus they are low calorie....  here's a surface replicator

    35922793_10216464520555251_4239077075555713024_n.jpg
    1916 x 1916 - 374K
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,685

    Headwax said:

    I can recomend the macdonalds icecreams, a dollar each, we buy four for two of us, then feel sick but have fun getting to feel sick. Plus they are low calorie....  here's a surface replicator

    not the hairy cucumber? cheeky

    I had the picklecore Zinger today with the battered pickles and a frozen Mountain Dew

    over $18 not a cheap feed, I really should have bought a steak and cooked instead  

  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 10,566

    I long time since I had my cucumber pickled! Have you seen what's my Line? Check out the col saunders one ! 

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 9,265

    laugh

    Maccas is too far away from us to be worth the trip cool

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,685

    I am sort of missing the context of the paintcan theme, I am guessing it's something political and cannot be explained here that I haven't seen

  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 10,566

    Sorry cant recall how to post a vid, one of the females on the panel had an affair, and somehow became involved in the marilyn monroe murder conspirancy, and then was found murdered herself.... dangerous place tv land 

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 9,265

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I am sort of missing the context of the paintcan theme, I am guessing it's something political and cannot be explained here that I haven't seen

    nope... just a can of paint  

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 9,265

    laugh

    PSE 27 is now available if you want to upgrade wink

     

Sign In or Register to comment.