barbult's take on the lives of Jack and Richard

1…2122242627…31

Comments

  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940

    Of course there could have been another spelling mistake, and the boxes could contain six models of Mr Spock ( LeoNard Nimoy )..

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606

    background said:

    Of course there could have been another spelling mistake, and the boxes could contain six models of Mr Spock ( LeoNard Nimoy )..

    We'll all have to just wait and see. The first box is almost open. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606
    edited June 7

    3DIO said:

    @All
    Managed to find time among my flat move chaos (which believe it or not shows no sign of ending any time soon).

    Currently having to view and type from a crappy old iPad, and even I can tell that you're all far too easily fooled.  Personally, I reckon Barbult is having a game of tease with you all.  I don't see how six Leopards are gonna leap from those boxes.  I suppose six dead leopards might drop from those boxes, but unless parcel tape is the new wooden pallett, and the Leopards were provided with oxygen tanks and masks for the trip, then how did they survive the trip without a single air hole punched into the boxes?

    Perhaps I finally have my wish.

    Lola's got 6000 leotards to model, and I'm more than willing to give my opinion on 'em!  :-D
    Thanks for putting that order in, Richard, you're a genius!
     

    @Wendy
    Great film, that!

    You see a car-driving, talking, cat here and worry about the reality of breathing in a cardboard box? laughI don't let facts (reality) get in the way of a story about Richard Haseltine. wink

    Edit: I did think about trying to punch holes in the boxes, but each side of the box is a single polygon, so removing polygons to make a hole would not be a simple endeavor. I guess I could have modified the texture to look like holes, or replaced the box entirely, but I didn't spend my time on doing that. Maybe I should have done more. Maybe if I were not Beta testing an application, several DS6 plugins, and scripts for several PAs at once... That's my excuse. But it comes down to "Reality Second".  (Like at Burning Man, the oft repeated motto is "Safety Third".)

    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606
    3DIO said:

    Looking forward to it as always  ;-)

    Good. I hope it will amuse you. I'm honestly not quite sure exactly what I am doing yet. Sometimes new inspirations come along and change the course midstream. I like to leave things fluid.
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940
    edited June 7

    barbult said:

    3DIO said:

    Looking forward to it as always  ;-)

    Good. I hope it will amuse you. I'm honestly not quite sure exactly what I am doing yet. Sometimes new inspirations come along and change the course midstream. I like to leave things fluid.

    It's great that you have the freedom to change things whenever the mood takes you barbult. I'm curious how the whole story started, I guess Richard's avatar is the basis for him being a cat, but going from that into a whole 'Richard's world' is quite a leap. Was it just a few individual renders to start with, and the story aspect came later? I think I'm digging a hole for myself in my thread, trying to realise a vision in my head of what my characters world is like, possibly beyond my ability to turn it into pictures.  

    Post edited by background on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,157

    barbult said:

    ...

    .... I'm honestly not quite sure exactly what I am doing yet. ...

    Just a rhetorical philosophical question: 'Why would you be any different from the rest of us?". As soon as I think I have a vague handle on what I'm doing, I suddenly find it was an illusion and things are way more complicated than I thought, or I'm even less competent than the last time I had to re-assess my high degree of incompetence. 

    Regards,

    (Other) Richard

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,664

    it could be Schrodingers leopard 

  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940

    richardandtracy said:

    barbult said:

    ...

    .... I'm honestly not quite sure exactly what I am doing yet. ...

    Just a rhetorical philosophical question: 'Why would you be any different from the rest of us?". As soon as I think I have a vague handle on what I'm doing, I suddenly find it was an illusion and things are way more complicated than I thought, or I'm even less competent than the last time I had to re-assess my high degree of incompetence. 

    Regards,

    (Other) Richard

    I agree completely Other Richard.  It was working fine so long as I just pootled about doing things for my own entertainment, I could start things and drop them if it wasn't working out. But now I started a thread I feel commited to sticking with it. Might be a good thing though since it should keep me focussed. I just wish my imagination had a 'pause' button, so i could get some sleep laugh  

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606

    @3DIO just for you, someday I will find a reason to put Lola in something more revealing, but not too revealing. Stay calm.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    it could be Schrodingers leopard 

    Interesting. Hmmm. How would one render that, I wonder. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606

    richardandtracy said:

    barbult said:

    ...

    .... I'm honestly not quite sure exactly what I am doing yet. ...

    Just a rhetorical philosophical question: 'Why would you be any different from the rest of us?". As soon as I think I have a vague handle on what I'm doing, I suddenly find it was an illusion and things are way more complicated than I thought, or I'm even less competent than the last time I had to re-assess my high degree of incompetence. 

    Regards,

    (Other) Richard

    Ah, the only difference is that I relish the fact that I don't know what I'm doing. laugh Of course that only applies to these stories, it does not apply to trying to using Daz Studio itself, or Blender, or all those other things.

    I love the way you signed your message!

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,717

    barbult said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    it could be Schrodingers leopard 

    Interesting. Hmmm. How would one render that, I wonder. 

    The obvious one would be two versions of it, each with reduce  opacity (and perhaps a different hue or glow). A more interesting one might to break the two renders into squares and apply a diffrent half of each, so you got the base render of the non-superposed bits and squares with gaps of the two superposed states; but II am not sure how "readable" that would be. Either would need two renders, or some arcane fiddling with canvasses.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606

    Richard Haseltine said:

    barbult said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    it could be Schrodingers leopard 

    Interesting. Hmmm. How would one render that, I wonder. 

    The obvious one would be two versions of it, each with reduce  opacity (and perhaps a different hue or glow). A more interesting one might to break the two renders into squares and apply a diffrent half of each, so you got the base render of the non-superposed bits and squares with gaps of the two superposed states; but II am not sure how "readable" that would be. Either would need two renders, or some arcane fiddling with canvasses.

    I may try one of those techniques for the fun (struggle) of it at some time. Right now I am deep into another idea about what comes out of the box. If it doesn't work out, I may have to try something different. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606

    barbult said:

    @3DIO just for you, someday I will find a reason to put Lola in something more revealing, but not too revealing. Stay calm.

    Wait, I already did, back where Richard learns to swim. (He is an excellent swimmer.) 

  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 2,779

    You never know who might show up in your story.

    I was there for awhile after I first discovered this thread.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606

    Ron Knights said:

    You never know who might show up in your story.

    I was there for awhile after I first discovered this thread.

    That's right. And you might be back at some point. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606
    edited June 8

    A Hair-Raising Shock

    Richard: Did I get a red one?
    Lola: Let's throw it open and see...
    Richard and Lola: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!

    Richard A Hair Raising Shock.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940

    I see you solved the air supply situation.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606

    background said:

    I see you solved the air supply situation.

    If you believe a snorkel works with oxygen tanks. Evidently the PA who created the product does. For the story, it's just part of ignoring reality when necessary and using what I have. You got the idea, so I claim it worked.

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,157

    Help!

    And where is that box cutter going...?

    Regards,

    Richard

  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,878

    Ah, at last the leopard(s) appear! Great storyline (as ever...)

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,157

    I do love Richard's fur. Looks so much like our Toby after he's been out in the rain (he's not bright enough to seek shelter) and then we've dried him. Our long hair MC turns into a fuzzball.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606
    • The cutter is probably not going anywhere exciting. The cutter is clutter and will clatter to the ground.
    • The leopard is G9 Lahr lion with leopard materials. His "paws" look a lot like G9 hands. My Big Cat 2 leopard has Catalyzer hair and Catalyzer is too hard to use without DS crashing, Big Cat 2 has better paws, though.
    • Richard's fur is reused from his encounter with the Van de Graaff generator (fur feels funny).

    Thanks for the comments.

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 41,664

    really curious where this is heading, hope nobody is a snack surprise

  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940

    I thought the box cutter was headed for that grey electrical? box on the wall. 

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,717

    I thought maybe the box cutter was going to hit the gutter, bounce, and bonk the leopard (9with the blunt end) so Lola could close the box again.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606

    Richard Haseltine said:

    I thought maybe the box cutter was going to hit the gutter, bounce, and bonk the leopard (9with the blunt end) so Lola could close the box again.

    I never think of these brilliant schemes. 

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606
    edited June 9

    Uncle Leo

    Lola: Run for the house, Richard! I'll cal the police!
    Leopard: Calm down, kiddo, it's Uncle Leo!
    Richard: Uncle Leo! I haven't seen you since I was a kitten! Wow, what are you doing here in my leotards box? You scared Lola and me real bad.
    Leopard: Well, I was over at Cat Supply picking up some leopard chow. I'm a regular there. The guys in the office were laughing and pointing at a letter they got. I was curious and asked what was so funny. They showed me how somebody wanted to buy 6 leopards for the Catalympics. They thought it was hilarious, because they don't sell leopards, only leopard chow and other supplies. Because of all the other typos in the letter, they figured he wanted leotards, not leopards. Then I saw that the letter was from YOU! So we concocted this scheme to send me, your uncle, in the box to surprise you. They put in oxygen bottles so I wouldn't suffocate. They had to find some really big boxes, and shipping, handling and insurance cost a LOT. 
    Richard: Oh dear. I am not an excellent speller. Will I have to reorder the leotards?
    Leopard: Oh, no. There are 6 leotards in these boxes, too. I was just an extra bonus. There is one red one, one leopard print one, and some others, too.
    Richard: Oh boy, that's just what I wanted.
    Leopard: Uh Oh, I hear sirens. I'd better get out of here and hop a freight train to get home. It was nice to see you again, kiddo. 
    Richard: It was great to see you, too, Uncle Leo, even if you did scare us at first. I'll have to explain it all to Lola. Bye, have a good train trip home. Say hi to Great Uncle Morris if you see him.

    How do you make two cats of drastically different sizes hug each other? It's kind of hard.

    Uncle Leo_010_Camera 3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606
    edited June 9

    You Again!

    Police Officer: Haseltine! It's YOU again!
    Richard: I'm innocent! I didn't do anything.
    Police Officer: Stand down. This isn't a leopard. Let's go. We have better things to do.

    You Again Haseltine_009_Camera 3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,606
    edited June 9

    The End

    Zero Days.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
Sign In or Register to comment.