barbult's take on the lives of Jack and Richard

1…2021232526…31

Comments

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    barbult said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I think you call that a pogo stick

    be interesting to see Richard on one

    some I have in

    https://www.daz3d.com/playtime

    https://www.daz3d.com/santa-s-toy-workshop

    Did you not see when Richard thought Jack's jackhammer was a pogo stick and tore up Jack's whole driveway by riding it? It's part of the story about how Jack repaired Richard's horse, which was the follow on to the Posse infiltration story.

    I may not have looked back that far, or its old age, unsure TBH blush 

    @WendyLuvsCatz It is a very long ways back! https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/9277666/#Comment_9277666

     

     

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607
    edited May 30

    Leotards Arrive

    Richard: Finally! The big brown truck is here! I was getting a neck ache, perched up here and twisting around to watch for it. I wonder how big my new box will be. Big enough to hold my order of 6 new doll size leotards. Pretty big, for sure.

    Waiting for UPS_002_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607
    edited May 30

    In a Stupid Bag?

    Richard: My leotards are great! It is like they were custom designed just for me. This is my favorite design. I'll save it for tryouts and wear the others for training. But I'm furious at the Big River company. They sent my leotards in a plastic bag. I didn't get a box. angry Don't they know a cat could suffocate in a stupid bag?

    Leotard Bag_Camera 5.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,718

    barbult said:

    In a Stupid Bag?

    Richard: My leotards are great! It is like they were custom designed just for me. This is my favorite design. I'll save it for tryouts and wear the others for training. But I'm furious at the Big River company. They sent my leotards in a plastic bag. I didn't get a box. angry Don't they know a cat could suffocate in a stupid bag?

    What is the world coming to? At least i can look stylish as I chunter.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    Richard Haseltine said:

    barbult said:

    In a Stupid Bag?

    Richard: My leotards are great! It is like they were custom designed just for me. This is my favorite design. I'll save it for tryouts and wear the others for training. But I'm furious at the Big River company. They sent my leotards in a plastic bag. I didn't get a box. angry Don't they know a cat could suffocate in a stupid bag?

    What is the world coming to? At least i can look stylish as I chunter.

    That particular design coordinates so well with your fur. It was a wise purchase. 

  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 6,102
    edited May 31

    I was, almost, expecting a feline typo along the way and box full of leopards not leotards to arrive ...laugh

    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940

    SimonJM said:

    I was, almost, expecting a feline typo along the way and box full of leopards not leotards to arrive ...laugh

    That would be exellent!. It can't be easy typing with paws, the odd speeling error is very likely.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    SimonJM said:

    I was, almost, expecting a feline typo along the way and box full of leopards not leotards to arrive ...laugh

    Ah, if only you had posted earlier! That would have been great, and a classic Richard typo. 

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,157
    He ordered from two places, didn't he, just in case one or other parcel got lost? Regards, Richard
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    richardandtracy said:

    He ordered from two places, didn't he, just in case one or other parcel got lost? Regards, Richard

    That would have been wise. Richard is wise. Thanks for the reminder.winkSometimes it is hard to keep up with all Richard does. Hmmm do I have a leopard in my library, I must look and see.

     

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607
    edited June 3

    More Leotards?

    Richard Haseltine: My order from the Big River Company came, but I want more. I'm going to order from Cat Supply this time. I don't want any more wimpy sacks from Big River.

    Richard sends a formal letter to Cat Supply Company:

    Dear Cat Supply Company,
    Please send me sicks sics siks six leopards for the Catalympics. I needs ize small. Thank you. I have attatched Lola's cresit card number and my address. Send them in a box!
    Sincerely,
    Richard Haseltine

    Several days later...

    Delivery Man: I have 6 boxes for Haseltine from Cat Supply. Where should I drop them?
    Richard: I'm Haseltine! Let me think... I guess you'd better put them here in the driveway. Those are nice big boxes! I got 6 others last week from Big River Company. They came in a plastic bag.
    Delivery Man: That's terrible. Cats could suffocate in a plastic bag.
    Richard: I know! 

    Leopards in boxes

    Richard receives pallet of boxes_004_Camera 3 PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607
    edited June 3

    What Did You Order?

    Shortly after the delivery, Lola arrived home from work.

    Lola: Richard, I had to park on the street. There is a pallet full of boxes in the driveway. What do you know about that?
    Richard: I ordered six more leotards. This time I ordered from the Cat Supply Company. They ship in boxes, not bags. I didn't try to open the boxes, though, because I know I'm not allowed to touch the box cutter, or the scissors, or the knives. I'm trying hard to behave. It's real hard.
    DING
    Lola: Hold on, I just got a credit card alert on my phone. $30,000!!! Richard, what did you order? Did you order 6000 leotards instead of 6?
    Richard: No, just 6. There are only 6 boxes in the driveway. Let's open them and you will see.

    Lola gets credit card notification_Camera 1 PS.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940
    edited June 3

    Um, I hope Richard has a DWA (Dangerous Wild Animals) license on hand, just in case, otherwise he might find himself in a bit of bother with the authorities. Not sure if it covers wild Lola's though. The good news is, I don't think leopards can climb curtains ( probably just rip them off the curtain rail )., but who knows? I've never owned a leopard so I don't know what they eat, 'anything they like' I expect < groan >.

    Post edited by background on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,718

    Well, lots of famous people have had leopards. But I am sure that the company is used to mis-prints and just used .... umm, $29,000 worth of bubble wrap to make sure the leotards arrived in good condition.

  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 6,102

    I am honestly not sitting back and rubbing my hands in the glee of anticipation ..

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,718

    SimonJM said:

    I am honestly not sitting back and rubbing my hands in the glee of anticipation ..

    probbaly be as well to be in a position from which you can easily run.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    I'm skeptical of the bubble wrap theory, but being ready to run is probably a good idea. But then who would think ahead that they would need to run from a piece of cloth in a box? Of course, if you are at a safe distance, rubbing hands in glee, in anticipation of potential excitement, would be a viable option, I think.

  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940
    edited June 3

    They might be large plush toys, although for $5000 each I'd want diamond collars on them or something.

    Post edited by background on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,718

    barbult said:

    I'm skeptical of the bubble wrap theory, but being ready to run is probably a good idea. But then who would think ahead that they would need to run from a piece of cloth in a box? Of course, if you are at a safe distance, rubbing hands in glee, in anticipation of potential excitement, would be a viable option, I think.

    It's been pretty windy here, the bubblewrap might blow around and wrap around people who stood still/too close.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    Richard Haseltine said:

    barbult said:

    I'm skeptical of the bubble wrap theory, but being ready to run is probably a good idea. But then who would think ahead that they would need to run from a piece of cloth in a box? Of course, if you are at a safe distance, rubbing hands in glee, in anticipation of potential excitement, would be a viable option, I think.

    It's been pretty windy here, the bubblewrap might blow around and wrap around people who stood still/too close.

    Ah, I see. You must anticipate every possible calamity. It is amazing then, that you end up involved in (responsible for?) so many!

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607
    edited June 4

    What Is It?

    The suspense builds...

    Lola: Ok, Richard. Let's see what you got.
    Richard: I hope I got a red one this time, and maybe one with an animal print. I hope there's not too much bubble wrap. That stuff scares me when people jump on it.

    Lola Opens Boxes_001_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 940

    Good composition on the picture barbult, it's not easy getting everything in the frame on a close-up.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    background said:

    Good composition on the picture barbult, it's not easy getting everything in the frame on a close-up.

    Thanks. I had a broader view to start, but this homed in on the important parts better.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 111,718

    barbult said:

    What Is It?

    The suspense builds...

    Lola: Ok, Richard. Let's see what you got.
    Richard: I hope I got a red one this time, and maybe one with an animal print. I hope there's not too much bubble wrap. That stuff scares me when people jump on it.

    The suspense is ... hmm, let's not go there.

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,157

    Just a small note, I tend to hold a Stanley Knife (Box Cutter in the US?) with the blade edge downwards (the edge parallel to the handle as opposed to the one at 60 degrees to parallel - as shown in the image). However, there are many ways to skin that cat do the job [oops, poor choice of words].

    I love the way helpful cat is helping, very true to life.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Stanley Knife.jpg
    403 x 403 - 15K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607

    richardandtracy said:

    Just a small note, I tend to hold a Stanley Knife (Box Cutter in the US?) with the blade edge downwards (the edge parallel to the handle as opposed to the one at 60 degrees to parallel - as shown in the image). However, there are many ways to skin that cat do the job [oops, poor choice of words].

    I love the way helpful cat is helping, very true to life.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Maybe I have it upside down. I don't know how to use one. Can youi show it to me in a hand, reaedy to cut? 

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 13,576

    barbult said:

    richardandtracy said:

    Just a small note, I tend to hold a Stanley Knife (Box Cutter in the US?) with the blade edge downwards (the edge parallel to the handle as opposed to the one at 60 degrees to parallel - as shown in the image). However, there are many ways to skin that cat do the job [oops, poor choice of words].

    I love the way helpful cat is helping, very true to life.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Maybe I have it upside down. I don't know how to use one. Can youi show it to me in a hand, reaedy to cut? 

    It is indeed upside down. You'd typically hold it like this:

    OIP.R9BJUTjud1SwuLLQIeB9DAHaHa.png
    474 x 474 - 285K
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,157

    Yep, Leana's doing it right. However, if the contents are particularly at risk of damage, you can operate them the other way up, with only 1/8" of blade sticking into the box, and the 60 degree back of the blade rubbing on the box flap below the tape you're cutting. That's why I said 'I tend to hold it...'. As with everything, exceptions happen.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607
    Thank you all for the box cutter instructions.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 27,607
    edited June 6

    Almost Open

    Richard: Lola you've got the cutter upside down. You'd better let me do it.
    Lola: Nice try. No. You know that would be a bad idea. I can turn it over myself. See. There, I've almost got the first box open.

    Richard Lola Box Cutter Upside down_002 cut_Camera 3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
Sign In or Register to comment.