It's Not Raining Men

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

And then, for amusement, I masculinized the Rectifier outfit. A bit.

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Rectifier-Brandon-571031438

• Yeah, when I saw that outfit, it looked like it was design for a female character and decided to put on a male. I didn't pick it up.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Bulked out, loosened, and lengthened, it makes a decent bomber jacket, IMO.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

And then, for amusement, I masculinized the Rectifier outfit. A bit.

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Rectifier-Brandon-571031438

Love it. That is too funny.

Yeah, when I saw that outfit, it looked like it was design for a female character and decided to put on a male. I didn't pick it up.

Agreed.

So what news of Michael 7? Will he arrive this month? 

• So what news of Michael 7? Will he arrive this month? 

I would like to know this aswell :) 

Any E.T.A on it yet? By all means though please dont rush it. <3 

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    newelies said:

They're not saying, and I expect that's on purpose. I'm waiting for Black Friday, myself.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    newelies said:

They're not saying, and I expect that's on purpose. I'm waiting for Black Friday, myself.

Well, if they release it on or near Black Friday, I'll pass. I don't wait all year to spend my money on ULTIMATE good deals in brick and mortar stores and other online stores, to divert it to dear ole Michael. He'll be back and on sale before the other Black Friday deals ever roll around again- IF they ever do. Plus I can always get $6 off (with PC coupon) any future discounts, even if they aren't 65%- the $6 off will bring it down to a similar discount. Black Friday is once a year!

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

I am starting to loose hope here. Half of November is gone and still no G3M/M7. My bet is they might release it with the official release of DS 4.9 but who knows when that might be.....

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Karen 7: 19th Aug
    Josie 7: 15th Sep
    Arabella 7: 20th Oct

I didn't go any further back because using Daz's documentation center is a nightmare since its search function is almost useless half the time (really, try searching arabella 7 or her product number.) But judging off the last few they've been coming out once a month, from mid to late within the month. So there's no reason to expect M7 to have been released before now.

I hope it's not with 4.9 because judging by the state of the betas, there's a long way to go there yet.

edited November 2015

I think if he is released this month it will be this week. Next week is is a holiday and I suspect the store will be  minimally staffed.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • I think if he is released this month it will be this week. Next week is is a holiday and I suspect the store will be  minimally staffed.

Bearing in mind that Poser 11 is released on Tuesday, it will be an act of supreme confidence to release Michael 7 on the same day.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,304

I suspect M7 will be released shortly after the PC sale is over, and we have not heard yet when it is due to finish, but I imagine it will be relatively soon.

It'll be interesting to see what day they choose. =-) Basically we have two weeks left this month. So far, we haven't missed a month without a new base figure, so if it isn't m7 this month, it'll be another figure. Since we haven't heard of a new woman coming out I'm pretty sure it will be Michael. But the week of the 23rd I guess they could do if they release him early. Since thanksgiving is the 26th, I don't see them releasing anything that day. And historically I don't recall any figures getting released on friday...

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited November 2015
    Cayman said:

I think if he is released this month it will be this week. Next week is is a holiday and I suspect the store will be  minimally staffed.

Bearing in mind that Poser 11 is released on Tuesday, it will be an act of supreme confidence to release Michael 7 on the same day.

DAZ already completely ditched Poser support for their newer products. I would say that lack of confidence is not among their problems.

Post edited by Barubary on

Strictly by the numbers, the males are due about six months after the appropriate female-- in this case, G3F was 23JUN15, so that makes G3M due 23DEC15.

That said, I'm not sure DAZ is willing to hit that close to Christmas (they like to take the last week and a half or so in December off). I'd be more likely to believe that they'd move it up to this coming week to get it out of the way. Of course, the only people that would know (the PAs), can't tell us (because Reasons). They would know which products were bought out and how hard they're currently pushing things through QA. If they're flogging the QA team, then it'll be sooner rather than later.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Someone over in the PC+ members area just alerted us all to a screenshot of one of those blue topbars in the store area with a category for Genesis 3 figures; female *and* male (and no, I don't know what exactly made it visible).

I'd say sooner rather than later.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited November 2015
    JOdel said:

Someone over in the PC+ members area just alerted us all to a screenshot of one of those blue topbars in the store area with a category for Genesis 3 figures; female *and* male (and no, I don't know what exactly made it visible).

Click People and Wearables

Click Genesis 3 People

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Well, the very absence of commentary indicates something is afoot It has been way too quiet lately. =-)

• PC sale ends tonight...

• Cayman said:

Super supreme confidence. M7 on tuesday and Poser release celebration...

GiGi_7 said:
    Cayman said:

I found that hilarious.

GiGi_7 said:
    Cayman said:

I found that hilarious.

I feel like it might be frowned upon to spell out why, but damn that was an awesome move by Daz.

lx said:
    GiGi_7 said:
    Cayman said:

I found that hilarious.

I feel like it might be frowned upon to spell out why, but damn that was an awesome move by Daz.

Someone in their marketing department has a planet-sized pair made out of depleted uranium. Seriously.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201

I'm not sure if this is ballsy, or mean or petty. But it did make me smile.

• Has anyone bought and played with OOT's Daily Casuals MEGA wardrobe yet?  I would love to see a review.  I love the look of the Daily Casuals and all of the morphs that seem to be included.  It went straight into my wishlist.  I'm a little bummed that I have no extra money left after getting M7.  Any further purchases will have to wait until after the holidays.  However, I love that the last couple of days, we have gotten male oriented products.  I'm not real sure we needed that many watches on one day, but I love the look of the Round Wristwatch.  I especially like the watchface on the gold wristwatch in the add-on pack so both of those went in the wishlist, too.  I can't say that I really like those boots.  I would probably change the texture first thing as I'm not sure I like the look of that particular leather, but I like how Tentman actually put realistic wrinkles on the top of the boot to give it a worn look.  Overall, I think it is a great boot and not something I've seen of that quality for the previous generation males.  Unfortunately, that had to go into the wishlist, too.

While I love that we are finally getting G3 male and stuff to put on him, I hate that it came at the end of the two major sales DAZ has.  Like me, a lot of people that I've seen talking on the boards have spent their DAZ budget and won't be able to afford to get male items until after the current holiday.  Some people are saving whatever extra money they may have for Black Friday sales.  I'm a little worried that if sales aren't good now, that vendors will still think that male products don't sell period.  While I don't believe that would be the case, vendors might.  I guess we will see if the stuff for men keep coming or not.  Even if I can't buy anything right now, I am totally happy with the sale pages the last few days.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,304

M7 pro bundle has been top of the "What's Hot" list ever since he was released, and multiple other male products are also in the list, so some people clearly have some money left over to buy male items.

The What's Hot list is weighted for price, though, so the pro bundle won't need to sell nearly as many to be on top as the latest thing.

I haven't tried the daily casuals mega wardrobe yet (it's in my wishlist too) but I did grab OOT's intimates immediately as soon as I saw who made them. Considering a clothing product is typically a single item or outfit with one colour or texture, the value and range of the intimates is insane. I fully expect the daily casuals to be the same (or moreso) and most importantly, they look like clothing people might actually wear! Now, whether they stand up for closeup renders and things, someone who bought them would need to comment on that. But even if all I wanted to do is cloth basic background characters, that product appears to do everything I'd want to create a full crowd of varied clothing with that alone.

• Yeah, the intimates went into my wishlist, too.  That and the Daily Casuals will be in my cart as soon as I have the money right after getting the head and body morphs which I also haven't managed to get yet.  I'm hoping to be able to get all of those before the discounts change.

Yeah, I don't know how likely it is, but I'm hoping these current sales go the full week so that I have time to get paid - I really want to pick up the M4 elite bundle at the insane price it's at, but I have about $2 to my name until Monday xD

Really though I've been wondering for awhile why more basic clothing type things don't simply offer their textures as white/grey so that you can make it a billion different colours without buying more things, the way the intimates do.