The new Centaur 'n stuff thread - reloaded

13468913

Comments

  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    This gal is a Welsh Centauress.  There may actually be a few in the wild over there too!   Like Shetland Ponies, Welsh Ponies are a stocky short breed of pony.  This G4 blended with that body well.  Her hair is Kishka.

    Xai-Pony_18.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 234K
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    Saddle?  Who needs one!   This Elf lass, being young, is not used to seeing shiny scalps on anyone.   Well male pattern baldness seems to occur in several species of people!  She can't keep her hands off his ol head and he isn't minding the scalp massage a bit!  Heh!

     

    Xai_Mac_13.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 73K
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    A more developed scene with the bald centaur and Elf. 

    Xai_Mac_10.jpg
    713 x 900 - 147K
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 812
    edited October 2015

    seen this a few times, and though Centaur’s are not something I look into, I did thought “hey. why not”,  I mainly just play with Genesis (1), so for this I used adamr001 genesis_v4_centaur.zip, also wanted to try with the Foal, and with a G1F teen I created.
    Seems I have some more reading, like do I parent Foal to Genesis, or Genesis to Foal.  And so far I might have to create my own poses from scratch.
    A lot of scaling and adjusting to get everything looking decent, satisfactory, still playing with it, just wanted to thank everyone that made it possible to create the Centaur’s, and show my progress into this new area  

    As soon as I figure how to pose (and a better Centaur), I'll post another

     

    Centaur G1F teen 001.jpg
    1400 x 1430 - 201K
    Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    Good looking result!   I would think that your base Figure will be the horse, foal, bigcat, dragon or what have you.  So you parent the human to the base.  When moving the two around, you would be moving the animal Figure.  Seems easier.  I wonder if it really makes any difference to the software which is parented to which.  Um, scale of the parented Figure will be at issue too.

  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 812
    edited October 2015

    I tried both to see what happens, G1F needed to be parented to the Foal,  here I parent to the Neck1, if I went any other location on the Foal, G1F body ended up around the Foal's Shoulders, but neck1 worked keeping in place.

    I may need to try a few more steps,  seems my morphs on G1F's arms are not adjusting correctly after the parent, and if I remove parent it still will not fix, somewhere I may had did something I don't recall doing that messed it up, I'll most likely need to start fresh again. but I'm sure I can make the fitting together faster , now that I have seen where I need to make corrections and adjustments at

    I used a Mil horse pose (some adjustments), but had to manually pose G1F, arms poses was from Body Talk  ,but the rest was dialed in

     

    Centaur G1F teen 002.jpg
    1500 x 1532 - 370K
    Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 2,547
    edited October 2015

    McG Here is the link to the shoes ,I'mstill looking for the remap ,http://www.daz3d.com/horse-shoepack

    Oh and I remember when the Centaur thread was alive and kicking high!! It's possible to have that again but we all have to remember to pop in ,Oh and McG lovely ladies lovely !!

    Very nice XaatXuun ,try adjusting the rotation on the forearm and then twist the hand abit instead .....

    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 2,547

    Yeah!! I found it this is the link to remap DAZHorse2 totake MilHorse1 textures and a clone to get the saddle, armour stuff to somewhat fit Horse2 .    https://sites.google.com/site/crblackthorne/downloads

    Big thank yous to CauriB for her work.

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 2,547

    XaatXuun ,ummm I don't know if you use DS or Poser but if you use DS you might like this , http://www.sharecg.com/v/50330/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Base-Surface-Settings-for-the-MilHorse-in-DS

  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456
    edited October 2015

    Carrie58;  I can't use those new horse shoes and Mocasins.  DS 48 only.   In the horse dressage and high class racing circuits, those would be indespensable.  But where I come from, they'd get a strange look then forever ignored in real life.  Lots and lots of mud around Houston.  ;)  I have turned the old iron shoes into silver, brass, bronze and gold.  So they will hold up for a while.   I still have visions of getting my troupe together and having a Thunderdance.  So much for Flatleys Riverdance!  LOL! 

    The final image is what matters yeah?  What about all the fun I had posing all these?  And there are 24 Figures in the scene.  12 horse and cat bodies, each with a human Figure parented to it.  Its fun getting a whole scene of people to look like they are really a bunch of folks doing stuff together.  The only thing 'flatley' about my Yaana Doon is she flatly ain't no  Michael!  Yeah I like punnies!  :D 

    This was done in DS 3.0Advanced 64 bit.  Well, they SAID it was 64 bits!   8 gigs of ram is barely enough to handle that scene without crashing.  And everything was just creeping and crawling along.  Now I don't load a scene up that heavy.

    Ah, I got that remap now, will check that out later, thanks!

    Twelve_Taurs_01-Long.jpg
    1733 x 800 - 387K
    Post edited by McGrandpa on
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456
    edited October 2015
    XaatXuun said:

    I tried both to see what happens, G1F needed to be parented to the Foal,  here I parent to the Neck1, if I went any other location on the Foal, G1F body ended up around the Foal's Shoulders, but neck1 worked keeping in place.

    I may need to try a few more steps,  seems my morphs on G1F's arms are not adjusting correctly after the parent, and if I remove parent it still will not fix, somewhere I may had did something I don't recall doing that messed it up, I'll most likely need to start fresh again. but I'm sure I can make the fitting together faster , now that I have seen where I need to make corrections and adjustments at

    I used a Mil horse pose (some adjustments), but had to manually pose G1F, arms poses was from Body Talk  ,but the rest was dialed in

     

    Ok you're using Studio it seems.   That one behaves differently than Poser in these areas.   BUT, yes all the upper (human) Figures are parented to the Neck1 of MilHorse and MilFoal.  Dont know about Horse2 yet, haven't been trying much with it for a few reasons already mentioned.  With the Gen3 and Gen4 Figures I have no problem using saved poses.   You aren't expecting a horse pose to affect the human or vise versa, are you?  Cause that sure don't work.   Dont forget, scaling will be an important thing.  As far as Genesis 1 stuff, I never used it.  Skipped over that and use some G2F.  I don't use G3F, it is for DS 48 only.   SO.  Where are you at as far as Gen 3 and Gen 4 Figures with MilHorse?

                                                                              

    Post edited by McGrandpa on
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    Golden slippers!  :D 

    Xai-Moonshadow_014.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 278K
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    Another bare back rider!   I'd say he's quite the gentleman.  ;) 

     

    Xai_Mac_04.jpg
    1114 x 899 - 252K
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    Last one for tonight.  A Morganthe "Felitaur".  It only looks like she's having a bad hair day.   She actually just got a new Helios Hair Do!  :D 

     

    Morganthe-Felitaur_08.jpg
    590 x 900 - 48K
  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    Okay okay, just ONE last last one.   This one is cool.  Identical twins!  You just cannot tell them apart!   :D   They are Martian gals.  They showed up about the time Gareee turned the outfit loose on the unsuspecting contestants of the BluesDragon Frazetta Art contest.  Yaaay!   :D 

    G'nite folks!

    McG.

     

    05-Elf-5_Zavia_Centaur_05-POST.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 184K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 2,547
    McGrandpa said:

    Golden slippers!  :D 

    OOoooo I love this what did you use for the horse's tail ,I remember you saying it was part of a hair from Rendo .......but I forget which you said blush.I was thinking more for Centuar shoes for those shoes by Karth ,ya know ,with DS free you could get it and put the shoes on Horse2 and then send it to Poser ......just saying .......wink

    I still have issues with poses either moving the horse body across the screen or the human body jumps weird away from the horse when using premade poses even with the human parts parented to the horse ,and the translation dials locked.....I'm still trying to figure out a way to really lock the parts together. Until that is figured out my next goal is to have my centaurs turn out as good as McG's cool

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 2,547
    McGrandpa said:

    Last one for tonight.  A Morganthe "Felitaur".  It only looks like she's having a bad hair day.   She actually just got a new Helios Hair Do!  :D 

    Very interesting look ,though it does look like she is having an issue with static 

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 2,547
    edited October 2015

    See you just have to be careful who's saddle you get on !!

    Saddleing a centaur.jpg
    1356 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 812
    carrie58 said:

    XaatXuun ,ummm I don't know if you use DS or Poser but if you use DS you might like this , http://www.sharecg.com/v/50330/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Base-Surface-Settings-for-the-MilHorse-in-DS

    Thx for the link , I'll probably check it out tomorrow, going to start a fresh new one

    McGrandpa said:

     

    Ok you're using Studio it seems.   That one behaves differently than Poser in these areas.   BUT, yes all the upper (human) Figures are parented to the Neck1 of MilHorse and MilFoal.  Dont know about Horse2 yet, haven't been trying much with it for a few reasons already mentioned.  With the Gen3 and Gen4 Figures I have no problem using saved poses.   You aren't expecting a horse pose to affect the human or vise versa, are you?  Cause that sure don't work.   Dont forget, scaling will be an important thing.  As far as Genesis 1 stuff, I never used it.  Skipped over that and use some G2F.  I don't use G3F, it is for DS 48 only.   SO.  Where are you at as far as Gen 3 and Gen 4 Figures with MilHorse?

                                                                              

    not much for Gen4, and nothing from Gen3.  never could get  what I wanted out of the Gen4 figures, but just clothes and hair, I started with daz about a month after Genesis went live, I had tried once a couple years before that, but after the third day I uninstall DS3.something something.

    I'm still wanting a few more items for Genesis1, I'll more likely skip G2F&M and pick up on G3F&M after I have purchased what I have left to get for Genesis. HEH . . if I tried to get basically the same for G2F&M like I have for Genesis 1, Genesis 5 would probably be out by the time I can start getting  stuff  for Genesis 3 surprise. I just don't have the funds to keep up.

    I'm still using 4.6, because my old comp would not be able to run any higher version. G3F works in 4.6,  just have to hope or find Mat's that are for 3Delight. I'm guessing there may be some features in 4.8 that are not in 4.6, but G3F works just fine in 4.6

     

    As for the pose affecting between the 2 figures, I was hoping some would affect both, where less adjustments were needed. I learned that's not going to happen .. I'm sure if I get more involved with creating a Centaur between the 2 figures, I'll be needed to create some preset poses for myself

  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456
    carrie58 said:
    McGrandpa said:

    Golden slippers!  :D 

    OOoooo I love this what did you use for the horse's tail ,I remember you saying it was part of a hair from Rendo .......but I forget which you said blush.I was thinking more for Centuar shoes for those shoes by Karth ,ya know ,with DS free you could get it and put the shoes on Horse2 and then send it to Poser ......just saying .......wink

    I still have issues with poses either moving the horse body across the screen or the human body jumps weird away from the horse when using premade poses even with the human parts parented to the horse ,and the translation dials locked.....I'm still trying to figure out a way to really lock the parts together. Until that is figured out my next goal is to have my centaurs turn out as good as McG's cool

    [blink blink]  ACK!  Beats me!  I don't recall exactly which hair ponytail I used.  But both HEMI and AdamR001 beat me to it.  They gave me the idea to do that.  Looking through all my Hair, there are easily a half dozen great candidates for use as a horses tail.  V4 Aditi looks like a good one, and it also has a hairband that goes with the ponytail base.  Yeah, after looking through all my hair, (what a line!) I recall using Aditi.  And it may have been what THEY said they used and I am repeating them yet again.  THEN after looking through all 3 of my 'Big Time' 3D stores I realized why I couldn't find where I'd bought this excellent Propschick Hair set.  It is in the Rendo freebies!  I dunno if the moderators will allow the link in here any more but its worth a shot:  https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?search=Aditi ; and it will give you the place you select that hair item to dl free.  :o)  That hair band also has morphs to make it fatter, thicker, longer, thinner so the ponytail can be a foot from the head if ya like.  Gosh I must have burned out fifty brain cells remembering all that stuff!  LOL!  Smells like burnt pizza in here now.  Oh, I just HAD pizza pizza for brekkie this morning.  He he he! 

    On making the halves stick together better:  What I do is, after getting the two put together in their default 'kit' positions and after doing the fitting adjustingment dial twiddling thing to both the horse and human, I next select the human HIP then go to Menu>Object>LOCK OBJECT.  That way, no matter where you move the horse to or how you pose it, the human part stays where it is supposed to 99.99%  of the time. 

    [Insert Comedian Commentary:] For whatever inexplicable reason, there will always be the odd pose from outer space that manages to break that method.  Usually everything stays cool.   But sometimes a "Morphed Pose" gets loose among the regular poses and that is worse than Frank Sinatra loose in a Harem!   Turning Morph Poses loose on the world as a regular pose is a NO NO!  Whew!  Ya end up with little crooner-taurs all over the place! [END Comic Commentary]  [or is that Chronic Commentary?]

    On those new horse shoes:  I have learned that getting things from DS into Poser is, at best, questionable adventure.  I prefer that the content creator create the needed Poser files. 

    On Morganthe Felitaur:  Well, I'd had Helios Hair for years and not used it much past the first weeks after buying it.  There are a number of great looks you can get from it, I thought this one comical though :)

     

  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    That is an excellent 'bronco' scene Carrie58!   Don't ya love the way the Girl4 just seems to match up perfectly to the MilHorse Neck1?!?  HEMI's kits are terrific, they make the job of putting two Figures together as one creature easy and even enjoyable.

     

  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456
    XaatXuun said:
    McGrandpa said:
    Ok you're using Studio it seems.   That one behaves differently than Poser in these areas.   BUT, yes all the upper (human) Figures are parented to the Neck1 of MilHorse and MilFoal.  Dont know about Horse2 yet, haven't been trying much with it for a few reasons already mentioned.  With the Gen3 and Gen4 Figures I have no problem using saved poses.   You aren't expecting a horse pose to affect the human or vise versa, are you?  Cause that sure don't work.   Dont forget, scaling will be an important thing.  As far as Genesis 1 stuff, I never used it.  Skipped over that and use some G2F.  I don't use G3F, it is for DS 48 only.   SO.  Where are you at as far as Gen 3 and Gen 4 Figures with MilHorse?

                                                                              

    not much for Gen4, and nothing from Gen3.  never could get  what I wanted out of the Gen4 figures, but just clothes and hair, I started with daz about a month after Genesis went live, I had tried once a couple years before that, but after the third day I uninstall DS3.something something.

    I'm still wanting a few more items for Genesis1, I'll more likely skip G2F&M and pick up on G3F&M after I have purchased what I have left to get for Genesis. HEH . . if I tried to get basically the same for G2F&M like I have for Genesis 1, Genesis 5 would probably be out by the time I can start getting  stuff  for Genesis 3 surprise. I just don't have the funds to keep up.

    I'm still using 4.6, because my old comp would not be able to run any higher version. G3F works in 4.6,  just have to hope or find Mat's that are for 3Delight. I'm guessing there may be some features in 4.8 that are not in 4.6, but G3F works just fine in 4.6

    As for the pose affecting between the 2 figures, I was hoping some would affect both, where less adjustments were needed. I learned that's not going to happen .. I'm sure if I get more involved with creating a Centaur between the 2 figures, I'll be needed to create some preset poses for myself

    So I read the even number pages, you read the odd number pages, and together we read the book!  Hmm.   I think of these as "Generations", not "Genesis".  Less confusing.   I use the Generation 3 era Aiko 3 and TY2 even now.  They make nice centaurs, actually.  Generation 4 Vicky, Michael and Kids.  Generation 5 is unuseful for me.  Generation 6 is useful, I rank its usability up there with V4.  And until someone creates a way to load Generation 7 directly into Poser, the Generations END at 6 for me.  Yes I have compared G3F to G2F in DS 48, and frankly, find G3F lacking.  Then I remembered WHY G3F was created and just think "Oh.  Right." and close that book.  So here I am using Aiko 3, TY2, V4, M4, K4, G2F and G2M with Millennium Horse, Millennium Big Cat and with those will spawn dozens if not hundreds of variants of HEMI426 "Kit" Taurs in Poser.  THAT is the book I work in.  It is quite enough to play with, likely to the end of my short days.  The one thing I am looking to do now for my 3D stuff is to build a newer, faster PC with a lot more ram in it.  laugh

    There is no method (YET!) in use that allows a single pose to modify two Figures at the same time.  You will be using two poses to get the look you want.  I often start with a saved or canned pose then tweak it a lot to get my folks looking like I want.  It does mean going back and forth between the Horse and Human tweaking here, a little there and so on.  Sometimes a lot.  BUT.  Doing this in 3D is so much more satisfying than drawing or painting.  I have always loved sculpting clay.   And sculpting in 3D on a PC is even better because it is so much more versatile.  You can make changes quickly, easily.  Got a new idea?  Not a problem!  Just do it on the fly.  Not as easy to do in clay.  Especially if its fired already!   Sculpting in the PC isn't as messy either!  

    What does affect both Figures is relocating them in the scene.   Select the base Figure and change its coordinates and its there instantly. 

     

     

  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    While we have discussed some of the issues with the Horses, maybe we can come to a useful answer to this one.   HEMI introduced the long legged look with the Teen V4/MilHorse Centauress a few years ago.  I think that really long legged look is excellent, and truly resembles the Arabian breed pretty close.  But there is a problem with that in the MilHorse, and it's worse with Horse2.  Check this image out.  The arrow and circled areas show where the joints in the legs are looking kind of dislocated.  I was wondering if anyone has a way to eliminate this in the Figure via some posing or scaling or setting I have missed.  TIA!

    McG.

    Xai_057.jpg
    1038 x 1200 - 110K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 9,545

    This might help:

  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456

    Thanks Kerya!  That makes a LOT of sense, and while it is a bit of a chore, I do it once and save the Horse Figure out with a new name and just use that one anytime I want the long legged look.   This will do great with the MilHorse.  Not so sure about Horse2 (Genesis Horse).

     

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 2,547
    McGrandpa said:

    That is an excellent 'bronco' scene Carrie58!   Don't ya love the way the Girl4 just seems to match up perfectly to the MilHorse Neck1?!?  HEMI's kits are terrific, they make the job of putting two Figures together as one creature easy and even enjoyable.

     

    Oh I definitely love Hemi's kits but ........ummm well these are Genesis and DAZ Horse2 , and the human male is Genesis as well while Willow ( sitting on the rail) is Genesis2F ........I fell in love with Genesis,cause I could transfer ALL of my V4 ,M4 morphs to Genesis ,and still use the textures .But I've actually found I like a bit more cartoony look to the figures ,not never quite there realistic ...........I got into 3d while looking for inexpensive models for my polymer clay sculpting , well it's been a bit more expensive then I had planned  ...but it has been a barrel of fun!!

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 13,326

    If I ever do a fantasy-themed webcomic, I think I'll have centaurs. Just have to hide the transition with clothes or whatnot. Maybe post work. Hrm

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 2,547

    I did just a smidgen of post work on my picture ,just to blend the join of the centaurs better .......

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 13,326

    I'm thinking it might be worth rendering centaurs twice, for the human skin extending a little further, then the horse extending a little further, and then some fancy work with layers.

     

  • McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 456
    carrie58 said:
    McGrandpa said:

    That is an excellent 'bronco' scene Carrie58!   Don't ya love the way the Girl4 just seems to match up perfectly to the MilHorse Neck1?!?  HEMI's kits are terrific, they make the job of putting two Figures together as one creature easy and even enjoyable.

     

    Oh I definitely love Hemi's kits but ........ummm well these are Genesis and DAZ Horse2 , and the human male is Genesis as well while Willow ( sitting on the rail) is Genesis2F ........I fell in love with Genesis,cause I could transfer ALL of my V4 ,M4 morphs to Genesis ,and still use the textures .But I've actually found I like a bit more cartoony look to the figures ,not never quite there realistic ...........I got into 3d while looking for inexpensive models for my polymer clay sculpting , well it's been a bit more expensive then I had planned  ...but it has been a barrel of fun!!

    It has been fun!  That sure looks like Girl4 Carrie!   The androgynism of the mesh was a letdown for me, so I left Genesis 1 alone.  Genesis 2 is better.  But, I still HAVE all my Generation 3/4 stuff.  Why invest even a nickel into just paying to do more of the same with all my same stuff?   There is nothing "new" in this that does any useful thing for me.  So I keep using the old stuff I have, and I am happy with it.  I will keep on with HEMI's kits, and the Figures I have.

    I was definitely into polymer clay sculpting myself.  Since I was a kid and found it as "Klean Klay" sold in the local dime store toy section.  I bought it for my kids too, and they loved it.  So, the kids made off with my big tin box of clay, now I have to buy some more.  Heh!  I enjoyed modeling living things, even fantasy critters.  But human heads and expressions were the most difficult, and most rewarding subjects to work. 

    I got into 3D via the games I was into.  Doom, Quake, Unreal.  I would edit the skins to make my own, and then used the same low poly modeler to tinker with the meshes themselves.  It was learning by trial and error.  Then an odd chance accident landed me at DAZ3D.  I wasn't looking for anything 3D when I got here, but did register with the site and download my first D|S, a pre-version 1 in 2004.  It came with just enough content to get me interested.  And all the while, I was wondering "Well where the heck is the mesh modeler in it?!!?!"  Another couple years, and DAZ ran a 'special' on a CP Partner sale.  And I bought Poser 6 right here.  Later, again via a CP Partner Sale here, I bought the Poser Pro/Modo bundle.  It appears that pretty much ended DAZ partnering with other sites.  CP was snapped up by SM and that was the end of peace.  I have yet to master mesh modeling.   I get too darn busy having fun playing with existing content in Poser and Vue!   Yeah, I found it a tad more expensive overall than I initially figured it would be!  But like you, I have had a lot of fun along the way!

    McG.

Sign In or Register to comment.