New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2012

Its very mixed here at daz lol, half of us are obsessed with genesis (Including myself) while the other half (often poser users) refuse to move to genesis and remain with the generation 4.

I have checked out your website, heaps of Items I love!! But again, I'm a genesis supporter. Recently I downloaded your M4 and V4 loincloth, as I'm right into tribal renders at the moment... Love it, but the only way i could get it to work with my genesis character was to have a similar shaped/scaled M4 (Who I set invisible) posed him accurately the same as my genesis character, then loaded the loincloth and draped it. Such a method notably has a low success rate. I cant get it to work on any smaller/younger Genesis character or on any more detailed poses.

It would be Heaps usefull to me if it were genesis supported! ;-P

Render below.

CayEntry2-MarcusfinnigonC.jpg
    1741 x 1893 - 586K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

I also posted a request in regards to this item in http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6920/

• OptiTex_1206374OptiTex_1206374 Posts: 56
    edited September 2012

Honestly, I would like to see more tight fitted dynamic clothes like bathing suits and bikinis, there are so many different styles out there.
    A dynamic bodysuit for M4,
    A pencil skirt,
    Pair of slacks for women,
    Wide leg slacks,
    Turtleneck
    More medieval outfits
    Trenchcoat
    Gloves

A pencil skirt we have http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload05.php

:-P

Post edited by OptiTex_1206374 on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

It is wonderful to see you back.
    I hope your problems have been sorted out.

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Really cool to see this thread in the new forum. Keep your good work.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    The thing I would like to see is dynamic clothing for Genesis that doesn't require animation to work.

Is it difficult for you? There are lots of tutorials that should help. I know you're not alone in finding the animation timeline difficult, but I've also heard people say that once they actually tried it that it wasn't as scary.

Uh....

Is animation required for ANY drape in DS4 now??

I have yet to use dynamic in DS4, and still keep Ds3 for that.... easier to use. I HATE animation, it takes forever on a really old laptop and it would REALLY STINK if its required for dynamic clothing now. I usually pose the clothes close to the body and then just drape, no animation needed....

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Which Fairy wings to most Genesis users have?
    Wings are often shipped as props, so older generation wings often work just fine with Genesis as well. And even when they are figures, you can parent them to Genesis' chest node and still use them just fine. Much more consistent than trying to convert conforming clothing to Genesis with auto-fit/CCT.

That said, I have quite a few fair wings that I use. There is the Faerie Mine and The Faerie Queen wings that are both Genesis, and I've used them both multiple times. I'm not aware of any other fiary wings made specifically for Genesis, but I'm always interested in more wings... :)

For V4 wings that I have also used with Genesis, I like the Star Struck Twinkle for A4 wings a lot (just used them again this week actually, for Forest Fairy) and Faery Wings. There are a couple sets of generation 4 wings I have from Renderosity, as well.

• ElfManNLElfManNL Posts: 2
    edited September 2012

I'm still hoping to have dynamic long hair... The short one from you martin is so good... Maybe some colors?

Post edited by ElfManNL on
  • Poppa CPoppa C Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much. I hope this time we will get all the info we need. I have "Tons" of help needs but did not get any help for them, my only hope is that this remains a "HELP" form and not another yha-de-da off the topic blog, and get somthing that tells me a new post has been added:-)
    Poppa C

• T.KickT.Kick Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

(just checking in on the thread)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Martin, there's a particular dress I'd loved to see as dynamic (whether for V4 or genesis, don't care). Are we able to send you detailed photos to see if you are interested?

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Martin, there's a particular dress I'd loved to see as dynamic (whether for V4 or genesis, don't care). Are we able to send you detailed photos to see if you are interested?
    yes sure that is a good help
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    jakiblue said:

email somewhere, or just PM you links to uploaded photos here?

• edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    OptiTex said:
    jakiblue said:

email somewhere, or just PM you links to uploaded photos here? The best is to upload them here in this thread.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

Is animation required for ANY drape in DS4 now??

No, only if using generation 4 items or non rigged items like the kimono. Martin just posted a list of Genesis rigged items including links to his freebees that don't need an animated drape. Although you might realize that sometimes animated drapes will give you a better result.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    The first problem is, when the clothes are rigged on genesis the rigging will not work on the old avatars like M4 and V4 and visa versa.
    The second problem is that for an example V5 is scaled 95%, what the people wants 95% or 100% because dynamics you can not scale in Daz only in OptiTex and this is also the same with M5 where the scaling is 103.6%
    When I give 2 Options 95% and 100% we have the problem that we have to make 2 texture maps instead of one.

Could altering the stretch/shrink setting help to some extent?

As for old avatars versus new, it's going to be tricky because the market is in a transition state right now, and it's not clear whether Genesis will take up the dominant position that the Michael and Victoria series previously had.

• Anteros70118Anteros70118 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Would love to see some more Dynamic Sports Uniforms for M4 and M5.

Lace-up foot ball pants with pads
    Baseball Uniform with socks
    Cycling Top and Shorts
    Wrestling Unitard
    Speedos
    Jockstrap:-)

edited September 2012

'Dynamic sports for M4' (That basket ball outfit on daz store) Would be awsome for Geneses as well!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Poppa CPoppa C Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I would like to know why Scailing does not work. If I sacle up or down it returns to origenal sacale when draping. Also, for future items can they be made for "Univercal fit" we all have different shape modeld and if somthing is made for V4 it does not work well on a non "V4" model. It would also be helpfull if in the "Cloide with" tab, the items were the same as in the "Point To" directry.
    Thanks
    Poppa C

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

Martin! Good to see you here. No, actually, it's GREAT to see you here.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Welcome back, Martin! I hope all is well now!

Dana

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Poppa C said:
    I would like to know why Scailing does not work. If I sacle up or down it returns to origenal sacale when draping.

Yes, the Optitex dynamics have always worked that way. When I said "scaling" upthread, I meant the Shrink X% and Shrink Y% parameters on the Panel pane in the Dynamic Clothing tab itself. The only problem is that I've always had the paid-for additional dynamics plugin, so I can't remember if this feature is in there, or in the basic plugin that everyone gets.

The big advantage of doing it this way is that you can shrink individual materials — in the loincloth example upthread, you can shrink the belt so it fits more snugly, but not shrink the front and back dangly bits.

One minor gotcha — the shrinkX and shrinkY directions might not go the same way on all materials, it depends on which way round those materials were laid out in the UVmapping. One not so minor gotcha is that you can only shrink smaller. Expanding by more than a tiny amount causes the drape to crash every time.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Poppa C said:
    I would like to know why Scailing does not work. If I sacle up or down it returns to origenal sacale when draping.

Yes, the Optitex dynamics have always worked that way. When I said "scaling" upthread, I meant the Shrink X% and Shrink Y% parameters on the Panel pane in the Dynamic Clothing tab itself. The only problem is that I've always had the paid-for additional dynamics plugin, so I can't remember if this feature is in there, or in the basic plugin that everyone gets.

The big advantage of doing it this way is that you can shrink individual materials — in the loincloth example upthread, you can shrink the belt so it fits more snugly, but not shrink the front and back dangly bits.

One minor gotcha — the shrinkX and shrinkY directions might not go the same way on all materials, it depends on which way round those materials were laid out in the UVmapping. One not so minor gotcha is that you can only shrink smaller. Expanding by more than a tiny amount causes the drape to crash every time.

I think I've tried Stretch somewhat successfully when I needed to unshrink something.

• thehermit64thehermit64 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Very happy to see this thread. Since I've discovered just the basics of dynamic clothing I've been aching to see more.

Here's my wish list...

First I agree with anteros70118 list,

Lace-up foot ball pants with pads
    Baseball Uniform with socks
    Cycling Top and Shorts
    Wrestling Unitard
    Speedos
    Jockstrap:-)

(would really like to see a jockstrap!)

and would add...

business jacket/sport coat/tuxedo.
    military wear, both contemporary and vintage.
    (there's an amazing Napoleonic costume available at Rendo that is really impressive)

I'd also like to see more style options open/closed.

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

Towels. Male and female towels that are essentially cloth tubes that wrap around the chest or hips and have a slit in the side where they over lap. Something like http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-towel-set

A version for men and women would be something I'd buy right off.

• thehermit64thehermit64 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:
    Towels. Male and female towels that are essentially cloth tubes that wrap around the chest or hips and have a slit in the side where they over lap. Something like http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-towel-set

There is a freebie over at Optitex called the "Skirt Berlin"

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload09.php

If you go into your surface tab, hide the sash parts, and manipulate the texture, you can get a pretty good towel look.

towel.jpg
    677 x 1247 - 255K
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

That is an adorable image!

edited December 1969

Ikyoto said:

One of the PA's is working on this, I will ask when this will be expected to be ready.