GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324

I was able to convert Battle Orc to G3F. If you could move M4 to Genesis, then move that to G2F, then move that to G3F... sounds like a doable if convoluted way to get M4 to G3F.

Here's my Battle Orc by the way:

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Wanted to thank you for a great program.  I recently aquired a copy of your Content Gatherer program.  Have to say I'm impressed.  I started out easy, packing up a pose pack.  It created a nice list and zipped everything up in two clicks.  I'm so happy right now.  Now for the scary one... getting the clothing packed.  Let's see how the program does with this next step!  YIKES!  lol

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

OK.  Got the first zip done, the equipment.... Uh, the silly program is not zipping the data from the right hand sports bottle.  So I just dropped that into the zip myself.  Luckily I'm slightly paranoid that something is going to go wrong and found this bug.  Not sure if you can help me understand why this is happening.  I'd appreciate it.  Yea, the sports bottle is the same exact mesh but is parented to her hand and then saved out as a prop that will auto load to her hand each time regardless of where she is in the scene.  The left handed one was zipped with the main on that loads on the floor but the right handed one did not get zipped up.  The main duf files in the main product folder so not sure what happened. 

Still think it's a great program, saved me ALLOT of time so far. 

Rich

• I'm not sure if I understand the problem. If the external files are the same for the parented and the unparented prop, what file would be missing for the first, but not the second? The actual library files must be added directly, only referenced files are added automatically. Or was the file in the list of files to add to the zip, but then missing in the zip?

BTW, forums are not a good place to discuss details about problems or bugs, better send me a mail.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 233
    willdial said:

I was able to get it fixed. I reinstalled Genesis 2 Female. When I compared the original zip file to the one I just downloaded. The new one contained a morph called "CloneGenesis2Male".

I have the same problem as did Willdial.  I uninstalled both the G2M starter essentials and the G2F starter essentials ( I believe that the G2M and G2F figures are in these as I can not find them seperatly anywhere), and I still get "error creating morph from clone".

• GenX is using the first instance of the figure it finds. When uninstalling, be sure the figure is really removed from ALL your content libraries. Uninstallers will only do for one instance, and obviously it may happen that there are several instances of a figure in different content libraries. (In particular, look into the data folder, where the geometries and morphs are stored.)

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 233

I have tried looking for some help on this issue, but to no avail.  I have Alien Autopsy for Genesis1.  I have Genesis loaded and morphed into The Gray morph.  I then select Genesis as the source figure and G2M as the target.  When I select "get values from figure in scene", nothing happens.  The values remain at 0.  I don't even see The Gray morph in "(region) actor" like the other morphs I have are.  I have even moved Genesis from my user account to the public account on my computer, and still nothing happens.  I don't think I had to do this because I have some morphs from Rawart for Genesis 1 that transferred when Genesis 1 was in my user account and G2M in the public account.  What could I be doing wrong? 

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Glad this thread bumped up again. I'm starting to get curious as to how GenX3 is coming about... :)

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

Glad this thread bumped up again. I'm starting to get curious as to how GenX3 is coming about... :)

The last we heard anything from D3D regarding this was last November, I think, so it could be some time yet before it is ready (if it ever arrives)

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

I'm currently working on it ... (yes, really working on it, not claiming it would be the next on my list)

Just for clarification, the plugin will still be GenX2, there will be a new add-on for Genesis 3 Male/Female, and free updates to the plugin and existing add-ons as required to work with Genesis 3.

Boorsman: Have you tried to search for the morph in the GenX morph list? Also, the product description calls the morph "HD morphs". Usually, HD morphs only add the detail to the base morph. But if it is a pure HD morph (no change for the undevided mesh), then it can't be transferred by GenX. HD morphs are not supported, because the HD morph file format is a secret. Finally, you may search for the DSF morph file in the data folder to see if it is located in the Genesis 1 morph folder (and if it contains a morph for the base mesh).

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

I'm currently working on it ... (yes, really working on it, not claiming it would be the next on my list)

Just for clarification, the plugin will still be GenX2, there will be a new add-on for Genesis 3 Male/Female, and free updates to the plugin and existing add-ons as required to work with Genesis 3.

Boorsman: Have you tried to search for the morph in the GenX morph list? Also, the product description calls the morph "HD morphs". Usually, HD morphs only add the detail to the base morph. But if it is a pure HD morph (no change for the undevided mesh), then it can't be transferred by GenX. HD morphs are not supported, because the HD morph file format is a secret. Finally, you may search for the DSF morph file in the data folder to see if it is located in the Genesis 1 morph folder (and if it contains a morph for the base mesh).

That is great news, thanks for letting us know.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Thanks for popping in and letting us know D3D, glad to know it's still in progress :)

• I'm currently working on it ... (yes, really working on it, not claiming it would be the next on my list)

Nice to hear from you, D3D. I eagerly await an official update! I'm glad this project is still alive.

--MW

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    Havos said:

That is great news, thanks for letting us know.

+1

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I confess, if GenX2 actually makes it reasonable to transfer my library of morphs to G3 without a lot of nonsense, it might convince me to migrate.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Can hardly wait (but I guess I'll have to!) for the G3F/M addons.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

Thanks for the update!
    Absolutely looking forward for it! It will probably be the thing that finally will make me move from Genesis 1 to 3!

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited April 2016

..cool, thank you very much.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    edited April 2016

Either I've forgotten how to use this or something is gummed up. I've loaded my V4 source figure, I can see and sleect the morphs in the pane, but I cannot select the target figure nor can I change the transfer type? I'm on D|S 4.9 if that helps.

Post edited by Vhardamis on

Probably, you had the bad luck that DIM reverted back to version 1 of GenX. Simply reinstall GenX2 in that case.

Probably, you had the bad luck that DIM reverted back to version 1 of GenX. Simply reinstall GenX2 in that case.

I don't even own version one. I picked it up when the G2F add ons came out. I checked the install files all are Gx2 dlls

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983

If your Genesis figures and morphs are installed with Daz Connect, GenX2 won't show any Genesis source nor target figures as the Genesis figures and morphs are no longer installed into a common "data" folder.  I'm just sitting back and waiting to see if the next update to GenX addresses this problem, if it doesn't, the only option I see to resolve this issue to install all Genesis figures and morphs with DIM.   There must be a work-around because when I load a Genesis, Genesis 2 or 3 figure, it finds all of the morphs installed with Daz Connect.

Vhardamis: Why can't you select a target or transfer type? Are the fields missing, empty, or grayed?

Lindsey: I will have a look at it ...

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for a great script.  I've been using it a lot lately while I transfer my MortemVetus collection of characters over to G2.  It's been getting quite a workout on my system here lately! And other than user error, it has worked great!  blush  So, thanks!  Definitely looking forward to a G3 add-on!

• LyoneLyone Posts: 138

The same for me. I will DEFINITLY get the G3 add-on! Thank you Dimension 3D for your work and your great products.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983

Thanks. I hope you can find a work around that allows GenX2 to work with Daz Connect installed Genesis, 2 and 3 figures and morphs. 

DAZ Connect will be no problem. Essentially, file search has to scan all the product folders in "...\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud" just like they were content root folders.

edited April 2016

Vhardamis: Why can't you select a target or transfer type? Are the fields missing, empty, or grayed?

They arent greyed out but they can't be clicked on either at all. The drop down boxes don't function. I used to be able to click the target field and my options would show in the drop down. On the transfer button I used to have options for all, off, only 0, etc. Now if i try to select anything it fires off instead trying to transfer non existent stuff.

I'm running on 4.9 CONNECT version. I've uninstalled and installed twice (once through connect, once through DIM).

*edit to add* I lied now it will not install trough the connect, it doesn't even show as an option. I've sent a support ticket in*

Post edited by Vhardamis on

Is GenX2 available by Connect? I can't find it there and according to the product page, it is only available by DIM or manual installer.

Clicking the transfer button always starts the transfer process. There is a "Select" button just ahead of the transfer button for a menu with the options you named.

I made a fresh install of GenX2 on my system using DIM, it works like it should. Target shows Genesis 1 only when I click, because no add-ons are installed, but I can click it. I tried for DS 4.9.1.30 Windows 8.1 64, GenX2 is version 2.0.2.0 under "About installed plugins". If you use it on another system, let me know, so I can test.

Can you do a screenshot of the GenX2 tab (after loading the source figure), maybe this gives me an idea what might be wrong.