GenX and DSF Toolbox Updates for DS 4.5

Comments

• xmarinexmarine Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

I keep telling myself 'patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue'.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

LOL every time theres a comment on here, I click it soooo hoping it has arrived lol

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

I know:). Everytime I get a gmail notification on this thread I take a deep breath.

• VisioneerVisioneer Posts: 158
    edited September 2012

I just received an email from Dimension 3D in response to my inquiry of Genesis X Generation's status update. As I told him, I am sharing the contents of said email on this thread. His response was:

[Dimension 3D [email protected]

2:49 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
    Hi.

The update for GenX for DS 4.5 is on its way. Actually, all I'm waiting for is that the update goes live. Maybe it is even already live and just no-one told me ...

If you like, reset your download for GenX at DAZ store and see if you already get version 1.2. (Sorry that I can't tell for sure, but I really don't know at the moment if it is already live or not.)

Regards, Ralf Sesseler]
    *EDIT* I just reset my download for Generation X, and it has not yet been updated to 1.2 as of 1557 Hrs PST.

Post edited by Visioneer on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

#baitedbreath

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Visioneer said:
    I just reset my download for Generation X, and it has not yet been updated to 1.2 as of 1557 Hrs PST.

Ditto. Sigh...

But at least it's almost here, so I can go ahead and load 4.5 on the new machine I just finished building. :coolsmile:

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

It'll probably be available after I go to bed tonight. :long: If it is, I'll dl it in the morning; I'll be able to play with 4.5 after work tomorrow.

• LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited December 1969

I still have not updated my DAZ 4,0 to 4,5 because I'm waiting for GenX update....only this update....:blank:

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Just reset on the off chance

Still showing as version 1.1 though.

edited December 1969

Same here. Its like I know its not there, but I can't help looking..:(

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Just reset ... And still version 1.1

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Why does daz make us wait :(

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Why does daz make us wait :(

Because as stated earlier in the thread "patience is a virtue’ and they are trying to help us be virtuous . .......well it's either that or they are actually
    in a small time bubble ,where time is just not the same as in the real world .You know the kind that wraps around you the older you get ........time seems to go by so much faster then when you were younger ....

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

sioc said:
    Just reset ... And still version 1.1

Where do you see the version number on the page?

At http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-generation-x it says " This product is currently incompatible with DAZ Studio 4.5"

but on the update software page http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-generation-x-upgrade-from-gen4 it do not say "incompatible with DAZ Studio 4.5".

I assume it is not ready for 4.5 yet.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

KimberSue said:
    [Where do you see the version number on the page?

Not on the shop page, in the name of the downloadable file in My Downloadable Products.

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

C'mon Daz,

Release the Update to Gen X, so I can purchase it..Cash Waiting.!!!!!..

S.K.

edited December 1969

Downloaded it AND IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Just downloaded. NICE...

edited December 1969

Arrrrgh! I can't download this 'til I get home! It's good it's out now though. I know what I'm doing tonight.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Does the Gen3 addon also need to be reset, or just the base program?

edited December 1969

I reset those, and they do have new files that have Studio 4.5 in their names, as well. I've downloaded them all, now I just need to find the time to install them.

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Dimension3D, thanks for your awesome customer support!!! :lol: I'll be downloading when I get home :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

I have to say thank you very much D3D for the update!!

edited December 1969

Okay, I reset my downloads and got 3 files for the Gen 3 shapes (M3+V3, A3+H3, and S3, D3+F3) The Gem4 update is only the one file for M4+V4. This is because all the secondary figures were morphs of M4 and V4 right? I'm not missing any additional files.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Okay, I reset my downloads and got 3 files for the Gen 3 shapes (M3+V3, A3+H3, and S3, D3+F3) The Gem4 update is only the one file for M4+V4. This is because all the secondary figures were morphs of M4 and V4 right? I'm not missing any additional files.

The Gen 3 addons are in 3 files because they can be bought separately, that's all. The main program is just one installer.

edited December 1969

Good-oh, I was pretty sure it was something like that.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited September 2012

Looks like it's no news, but here's the official announcement that GenX and the Gen3 add-ons are now available for DAZ studio 4.5. Former customers can get the updates by resetting the download for their purchase at the DAZ store. I'm sorry that releasing the update took a bit more time than expected.

Besides working in DS 4.5, there are also some improvements and bug fixes in the new version.

1. The morphs are now transferred with an improved scheme to get smoother results in particular for the face (s. image). The improved presets are selected initially by default when loading a figure in GenX. The former presets are still included, they are marked by [1.0] just in case you prefer the old scheme.

2. It happened sometimes that a few single points were transferred wrong, in some cases this ruined the transferred morph, in other cases it was hardly visible. This bug has been fixed, there should be no more errors in the transferred morphs.

3. It is now possible to get morph values (i.e. dial settings) directly from a figure in the DS scene. If you have a character saved in a DS scene or as a DS script, or if you have otherwise problems to load the morph values into GenX, you can now load or setup the figure in the scene and get these values from there.

4. GenX now supports compressed DSF files and has some other adjustments to be compliant with the DS 4.5 file format.

Because of 1. and 2., I recommend to transfer your morphs again to get better results.

Because of 1., you should also update the Gen3 add-ons to benefit from the improved morph transfer. (Edited to add: In particular the Gen3 add-ons for A3 and H3 have been improved to work better in the eye area, e.g. the morph for closing the eyes transfers much better now.)

genx_saffron.jpg
    880 x 560 - 46K
    Post edited by Dimension3D on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Any update on the DSF Toolbox?

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

The update for the DSF toolbox is on its way as well, hopefully it will be released today or tomorrow.