GenX and DSF Toolbox Updates for DS 4.5

Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The Genesis Generation X plugin will currently not work with DAZ Studio 4.5 because all plugins need to be updated for the new DS version.

The DSF Toolbox should still work with DAZ Studio 4.5, but only for uncompressed DSF files.

I will release free updates for both applications as soon as possible. I will announce their availability here in this thread as well as on my web site (d3d.sesseler.de).

It's the first time I do updates for products at the DAZ store, but as for as I know, the updates will be available by downloading the product again from your DAZ account and you should get an e-mail notification when they have been released.

Comments

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Good news, looking forward to GenX being updated.

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much! I am sure alot of us will be happy to hear about this :-) -Cathy

• fruitwortfruitwort Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here is one "alot" who will indeed be very happy.

Er, how soon is "soon"?

;-)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

Adding my thanks as well. Genesis without GenX is like a beach without sunshine.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

YEAH!!!

• WirenutWirenut Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to it. Thanks!

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Thanks - looking forward to the update! :)

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

thank you! i was not going to update studio if your plug-in didn't work, i use it on just about every character!

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much. Looking forward to your updates. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Oh good, now I can start saving for it. :lol:

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

This is good news. I really want some of the new features in 4.5, but I don't want to give up using GenX. I think I can stick with 4.0 a while longer.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Glad to hear that an update is in the works.

I went ahead and updated to DS4.5 today, and while I can't create new GenX morphs, all my previous ones are still in place and work fine. I still have morphs that I haven't transfered over, so I'll be not so patiently awaiting the update. :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you! :)
    I am subscribing to this thread - Daz doesn't send out emails for product updates anmyore ...

• LyoneLyone Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

Oh GOD....:ohh: I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really...........................................................................................................................need the Gen X plugin. I only use iconic shapes for Genesis. In fact, it's for your plugin I began to use DAZ Studio. Without your plugin, I have to go back to Poser because I mostly use third generation people. So I'm really waiting for the new update for DAZ Studio 4.5. Thank you so much for making such a great plugin. All third and fourth generation people can live again :lol:

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

looking forward to it, thank you, your free updates are so generous (eg PoserEd since 2006!) :)

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's the first time I do updates for products at the DAZ store, but as for as I know, the updates will be available by downloading the product again from your DAZ account and you should get an e-mail notification when they have been released.

You probably should post a notice here when it is updated as the email notification doesn't seem to work anymore. at least not for a number of people here.
  • Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Yay! Looking forward to this...

• hamstergirl4444hamstergirl4444 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Now this is GOOD news....GenX is the main reason I'm not updating - I may not be that good at using it, but it's still indispensable to me. I've gotten Alice and GND4 to work in Genesis (more or less *wink*). Main reason I purchased it was Stephanie 4....I got her working in Genesis a few days ago. Even after purchasing S5, and am happy with her, without all those shaping morphs, she's no replacement for S4. That was a great product you came up with, and I'll be waiting for the update...no rush, I'm happy with what we have.

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited August 2012

Nuts I just purchased it without realizing it will not work!
    Ahhhhhhhh!
    I wish Daz would flag up problems with updates rather than spending money and finding out like this.
    Applying for a refund and will buy when the problem is fixed although at the rate Daz is going the update will come out before then!!!

Post edited by Scoopey on
    edited December 1969

Now this is GOOD news....GenX is the main reason I'm not updating - I may not be that good at using it, but it's still indispensable to me. I've gotten Alice and GND4 to work in Genesis (more or less *wink*). Main reason I purchased it was Stephanie 4....I got her working in Genesis a few days ago. Even after purchasing S5, and am happy with her, without all those shaping morphs, she's no replacement for S4. That was a great product you came up with, and I'll be waiting for the update...no rush, I'm happy with what we have.

Would you mind explaining in great detail to the rest of us how you did this, with Stephanie 4 in particular?

I am sure we would all very much appreciate this. :-)

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited December 1969

Like many, I'm not updating to 4.5 until your plug-in is ready. Your tool is amazing, allowing me to use content from other vendors, etc. on Genesis. Thank you for your hard work in advance and can't wait for the
    update. Peace.

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

I thought I would get round the waiting by using the original freestanding Gen4 version that I had.

Alas, it requires the old .dsf genesis file.

There is that technique to be able to convert without using GenX at all. I might give that a try.

Last resort is to install the disk partition image that I took before I upgraded to 4.5.

I am sure the new version will arrive when it is ready, but the wait is killing me.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

Not that I'm in a hurry or anything *impatiently drummin' on the table* , any news?

• VisioneerVisioneer Posts: 158
    edited December 1969

Lol, thanks Totte, for saying it first! I'm pulling my hair out that Dimension 3D is MIA, and not giving any updates. Right now, I'm largely regretting my upgrade to DS4.5, solely for this plug in. It would be handy if D3D could give us an update on the plugin, rather than leaving us in the dark. I know that stuff can take a lot of time to develop, but many of DAZ 4's plugs have already been updated to work with DS4.5.

So D3D, if you're paying attention to this thread, please provide your adoring public with an update, maybe a ETA on the plug-in. The wait is killing me!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

LOL he alone controls who upgrades to 4.5. Many are patiently watiing for that plug-in. As soon as its here, everybody upgrades lol. One man, so much power.....

edited September 2012

I take it we should expect to be charged for this upgrade and I would gladly pay the fee. After all, D3D had GenX working perfectly until DAZ made changes.

Post edited by fruitwort on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited December 1969

Daz will have a riot on their hands if they charge for the update. It will be free.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

fruitwort said:
    I take it we should expect to be charged for this upgrade and I would gladly pay the fee. After all, D3D had GenX working perfectly until DAZ made changes.

"I will release free updates for both applications as soon as possible." - from the first post in the thread.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited September 2012

Er false alarm....

Man I SO NEED genX to work again... I had to update to 4.5 but boy does it really, really make me mad having to update tons of things (or not having the ability to update) when things weren't even all updated for 4, much less ready for 4.5 yet. What a yucky mess and loosing lots of backward compatibility.ick.

Thank you D3D for working to update this... I for one am VERY GRATEFUL and probably wouldn't be into Genesis without it.

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited September 2012

Hey Dimension3d - are you participating in the PA sale this month, and if so, can you tell us roughly when, because I would love to get your GenX products and would hate to miss the date. Thanks.

Post edited by Mosk the Scribe on