FREEBIE CHALLENGE --- September and The Leaves Are Turning

Comments

• CherubitCherubit Posts: 977
    edited September 2015

The new Fragrance

Autumn

cheeky This is my entry! Took me quite a while but it's finished at last! I love contests cause they make me learn more :) I also want to thank @Kismet2012 and @Skywalker77 for the great help :) @Chohole only now I saw the message on 2nd page bottom, sorry for that, I don't know why I missed it but in the end I was able to import it :) (it still won't show up in my DS, so I had to do it manually, but it works in Kismet's so I believe the problem is in my pc)

Doesn't count: Genesis 2 Female
    1. Autumn Thicket - Background - DS Creative - Issue 1 - page 33
    2. Elegance Dress (Long Gown) - DS Creative - Issue 1 - page 24
    3. Lorelay Hair - DS Creative - Issue 11 - page 19
    4. ShoxoloR for Lorelay Hair - DS Creative Issue 13 - page 29
    5. Perfume bottle - ShareCG (registration required)
    6. Earrings - DS Creative Issue 13 - page 20
    7. Ring - DS Creative Issue 13 - page 19
    8. Larissa - DS Creative Issue 6 - page 13 (used the face morph, the lipstick and nails)
    9. Lenore - DS Creative Issue 9 - page 17 (used face morph)
    10. Hannah - DS Creative Issue 7 - page 10 (used face morph)
    11. Steampunk Butterfly - ShareCG (wing) (registration required)
    FINAL RENDER 01.png
    700 x 875 - 1002K
    Post edited by Cherubit on
  • taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

Skywalker Oh yeah, I checked both folders in Daz and it's not in any! ;_; and I decided to make new folders myself and I think I deleted something important, now in my Poser directories I only have "My daz 3d library" and the new one I made that I can't delete, but I had another one that I deleted by mistake that was called "My library"... I don't know what was in there ;___;

Kismet thank you! I hope it looks good when I make it! :) Still collecting the items~

When you say you "deleted" the folders, did you just take them off the preference list or did you delete them from your document folder on C: drive or the from the content library tree in DAZ studio?

"My Library" is the default folder where Studio 4.+ puts all of the files downloaded from the Daz store.  You can check out the Winterbrose tutorial here for more info:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/62923/finding-content-in-daz-studio-it-isn-t-lost-you-just-need-to-know-where-to-look#latest  

Sorry for late reply. I deleted directly from Daz, I didn't go to the folder... My Library still appears on my Daz, but it doesnt appear inside of Poser folder (I had one M Library over there... Maybe it was the same?)

(edit) Thanks for the link! I'm reading it now :))

A follow up to what Cho mentioned, if the item you downloaded was a obj file rather than a pp2 or duf / ds,etc, you will need to import them to be usable in Studio (or Poser for that matter).

I thought I just had to paste on my freebies folder... It worked for Kismet, but not for me :(
    I just checked and they are obj files... So I just click import for each one of them? (They won't appear in my Content Library? :(( )

(edit) ok so I imported it, but has no material, and even in surfaces I don't know how to put it... Why mine doesn't recognize it like Kismet's did? :/

You also HAVE to make sure DAZ Studio is closed before adding files...It is not happy at all if you add stuff while it is open.

Oh I see! I will do that too from now on ahah! I was just refreshing the folders after adding the items :S

Also, I have one question... Morphs don't count even if they are freebies? (I'm having a hard time find more stuff to compose my entry... only have 6 items... -_-")

Hi,Taemimun, looks like Kismet covered everything!  Thanks Kismet! laugh 

Hope you were able to get everything ironed out!

Hi :D Yes, Kismet helped me a lot! Taught me about the folders and installing items and found me the perfume bottle and even taught me to parent item to hand haha~ I learned a lot! Also, I had to do what you said, to import it :) (for some reason the item didn't show up even though i installed correctly in folders) Thank you too!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    taemimun said:

The new Fragrance

Autumn

cheeky This is my entry! Took me quite a while but it's finished at last! I love contests cause they make me learn more :) I also want to thank @Kismet2012 and @Skywalker77 for the great help :) @Chohole only now I saw the message on 2nd page bottom, sorry for that, I don't know why I missed it but in the end I was able to import it :) (it still won't show up in my DS, so I had to do it manually, but it works in Kismet's so I believe the problem is in my pc)

8. Larissa - DS Creative Issue 6 - page 13 (used the face morph, the lipstick and nails)

Links checked out, entry accepted, and thanks for using the freebees in DS Creative Magazine

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited September 2015

Well, I finally have my entry ready. 

Autumn Leaves

Marc and Maria have taken baby Chris top the park on a gorgeous autumn day, and look on as the tyke plays with all of the pretty leaves. 

Freebies

Die Trying’s 182 V4 morphs for Genesis (all characters)*
    Ghastly's Generic Anime/Manga Head morph for Genesis (Chris)*
    Ultimate Shader pack: (Chrome on Marc’s cyber hand, Marc's belt buckles, rings and rivets on Marc's boots, gold chrome on Maria's jacket, belt, and earrings)*
    R72 Leather shaders (Marc's hat, jacket, boots, pants, and belt, Maria's jacket, belt, and boots)*
    REC Weaponry Shaders (Marc's Boot Soles,)
    Ashlan for M4 (Marc's and Chris' skin texture)*
    Sensible Shoes for Genesis (Chris' shoes)*
    SAV Famous Hats Collection (Marc's hat)*

HFS EVAN Expansion set (Marc's Cyberhand)*

Genesis Jeans (Chris' pants)*

Stonewashed for Genesis Jeans (Chris' pants)*

Medhue Morphs for Genesis Jeans (Chris' pants)*
    Rosalie Rose (Maria)*
    Genesis Cuffed Heeled Boots (Maria's boots)*
    Hoop Earings for #Dream's Lusitana (Maria's Earrings)*

Baby Genesis (Chris)*

K4 Morphing Hoodie (Chris)

Fober's The Hills (grounds)*

Trees by D-JPP (Trees)*

Scattered Fall Leaves (fallen leaves)*

Speed Lights Outdoor set 1 (set to Ray Traced) (lighting)

Paid For Items

Genesis Starter Bundle (For Genesis Evolution head and body Morphs) (Tommie and Kageto)

Dark Moods for Genesis (Marc and Maria's  pants and belts, Marc's tank top)

Marja Hair for Genesis (Maria)

No-Count Items

Ramwolf's Freebie Morphs for Genesis [no longer available] (all characters)
    Wildmane Hair [comes with DAZ Studio] (Baby Chris)

Genesis Mullet hair: [no longer available] (Marc)

Night Warrior Jacket [custom by me] (Marc and Maria)

Biker Boots [custom by me] (Marc)

Lots of great freebies Tramp Graphics.

All links check out.  ENTRY ACCEPTED

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    taemimun said:

The new Fragrance

Autumn

What a gorgeous render!  laugh  I love how you worked all the colors together.  What did you use for the background?  Is this an Iray render?    

Thanks for all the links to the DS Creative mag.  I really need to read more of those articles... ah to find the time!  

edited September 2015
    taemimun said:

The new Fragrance

Autumn

What a gorgeous render!  laugh  I love how you worked all the colors together.  What did you use for the background?  Is this an Iray render?    

Thanks for all the links to the DS Creative mag.  I really need to read more of those articles... ah to find the time! 

Thank you! :D The background is Autumn Thicket - DS Creative - Issue 1 - page 33 (it comes with 3 backgrounds (image files) in the download, all very beautiful).
    Yes, it's Iray heart (used lights that come in Daz already) It's my favorite render, too bad it takes so many hours in my computer... (I urgently need to learn 3Delight) But I heard if a person has that special nividia (?) graphics card it goes very fast! (the problem is that i make it in a laptop, so it uses the processor, and it's not possible to change the graphics card, not to say its probably expensive).

I love DS Creative! They publish in the middle of the month right? I can't wait for the next one! Do you participate in the magazine? You could save them as .pdf and read in your free time (if you have any hehe). I particularly would love to have a physical copy of the magazine in hands... I find it a bit hard to read on pc :|

Totte said:
    taemimun said:

The new Fragrance

Autumn

Links checked out, entry accepted, and thanks for using the freebees in DS Creative Magazine

Thank you! laugh I love DS Creative!!

Post edited by Cherubit on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060

I can't believe I missed the entire month!  I've been so busy I totally forgot about this thread.  I had to look for it just now.  Rather than spam the thread with individual replies, I will just say that there is a bunch of nice work in here! 

Dana

taemimun said:

Thank you! :D The background is Autumn Thicket - DS Creative - Issue 1 - page 33 (it comes with 3 backgrounds (image files) in the download, all very beautiful).
    Yes, it's Iray heart (used lights that come in Daz already) It's my favorite render, too bad it takes so many hours in my computer... (I urgently need to learn 3Delight) But I heard if a person has that special nividia (?) graphics card it goes very fast! (the problem is that i make it in a laptop, so it uses the processor, and it's not possible to change the graphics card, not to say its probably expensive).

I love DS Creative! They publish in the middle of the month right? I can't wait for the next one! Do you participate in the magazine? You could save them as .pdf and read in your free time (if you have any hehe). I particularly would love to have a physical copy of the magazine in hands... I find it a bit hard to read on pc :|

Oops!  I totally missed the fact that you listed the background as the first item on your freebie list -  I've got to read this lists better!  blush

I know what you mean about long render times especially with the physical based render engines.  I don't know if it is just my machine or if others are running in to the same issue, but when I use the 3Delight engine in Studio 4.8, the shadows and lights don't seem to work the same as they used to before Iray was added.  Anyway it would probably be cheaper for you to buy the Reality 4.1 plugin for DAZ (especially since it is on sale this month) than to install new processesor or buy a newcomputer.  The new version of Reality has really shortened render times compared to the original version.  You can check out their promo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSY-YW1RVj0

• taemimun said:

Oops!  I totally missed the fact that you listed the background as the first item on your freebie list -  I've got to read this lists better!  blush

I know what you mean about long render times especially with the physical based render engines.  I don't know if it is just my machine or if others are running in to the same issue, but when I use the 3Delight engine in Studio 4.8, the shadows and lights don't seem to work the same as they used to before Iray was added.  Anyway it would probably be cheaper for you to buy the Reality 4.1 plugin for DAZ (especially since it is on sale this month) than to install new processesor or buy a newcomputer.  The new version of Reality has really shortened render times compared to the original version.  You can check out their promo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSY-YW1RVj0

That's ok :) Well, I don't know how 3Delight used to work before Iray because when I joined Daz3d my software already came with Iray... Which render do you use more/prefer? I just watched the Reality 4.1 video and I fell in love with it - WHAT is that render?! So perfect! When you buy Reality 4.1, if it gets upgraded to 4.2, for example, do you have to buy again? I would love to buy so many things in here, but I will have to wait my currency go up again (my country is going through hard times lately). Hopefully it will be better by the end of the year (I'm happy to see Daz has lots of promotions!). The time reduction from the renders was incredible! From 2 hours to less than 10 minutes is a huge improvement! I should start making a list of products I want for when they have promotions... (I think I need to have more items before getting a better render...) I think Victoria bundles are a great thing to purchase (I just wouldn't know the difference between them).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I hope that no one has forgotten that there is only 30 days in September, so today is the last day for posting images.

taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

That's ok :) Well, I don't know how 3Delight used to work before Iray because when I joined Daz3d my software already came with Iray... Which render do you use more/prefer? I just watched the Reality 4.1 video and I fell in love with it - WHAT is that render?! So perfect! When you buy Reality 4.1, if it gets upgraded to 4.2, for example, do you have to buy again? I would love to buy so many things in here, but I will have to wait my currency go up again (my country is going through hard times lately). Hopefully it will be better by the end of the year (I'm happy to see Daz has lots of promotions!). The time reduction from the renders was incredible! From 2 hours to less than 10 minutes is a huge improvement! I should start making a list of products I want for when they have promotions... (I think I need to have more items before getting a better render...) I think Victoria bundles are a great thing to purchase (I just wouldn't know the difference between them).

I used to use 3Delight exclusively until I purchased Reality a couple of years ago.  The folks at Preta3d.com are very good about the upgrades.  So far the incremental updates (i.e.Reality 4.0 to 4.1, etc) have all been free.  I only recently went from Reality 2 to Reality 4 which was just a lower "upgrade" price.   I've actually haven't played much with Iray yet since I'm just more comfortable with Reality but some of the test renders I've tried look promising and many of the Iray renders I've seen posted here are very impressive!   I always say, stick to what you are comfortable with and what works for you!  Great art is not about the tools but the artist!  smiley

I have to say all the Daz bundles are a great deal.  Keep them on your wishlist because they frequently go on massive sales, up to 70 to 80%.  The only difference between the bundles really is how much is included.  The higher priced bundles usually having every thing the other bundles have.  For example, usually everything in the "starter bundle" is part of the "complete bundle", and everything in the "complete bundle" is in the "pro bundle".  Of course, sometimes you just don't need or want something in a bigger bundle so you can save money for a different bundle later!  wink

Ok folks, we're racing to the finish line quick!   I'm sure there is some talented artist out there who can whip out a render in the next 6 or so hours... yes??  wink

I would try but since I'm no where near my home computer it'll be quite the challege.  cheeky  ( And I had sooo many lovely ideas too!... maybe next year!)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited October 2015

Well, it's 11:24 Eastern time, so in two hours the challenge will be over.  Good luck to everyone who entered!  smiley 

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2015

Crash and burn...here's what it was going to be...almost.

Now I can't get it to render...

After adding the last couple of things, it won't render...one of the items is messed up and causing the crash, there isn't enough time to figure out which of them it is and get a render done.  So, I guess (there's only 8 items in that, so it needs the other added items) no entry sad.

test23_5.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 814K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited October 2015

think I'm squeaking this right under the wire if I've got my times correctly...

When Gemma went for a walk with her sister she never imagined she would spot out a fairy. Of course, her sister was too busy checking out some guys across the way from them and missed the sight completely. 

Scene:

Trees:
    http://xfrog.com/product/BL02.html
    http://xfrog.com/product/EA01.html
    http://xfrog.com/product/EU06.html
    http://xfrog.com/product/AL05.html
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_08 (page 9)
    Sky: http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_03 (page 49)
    *Ground: http://www.sharecg.com/v/78023/browse/11/Poser/40ftX40ft-Tall-Grass-Patch
    *Ground 2: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/morphing-sand-props-from-sea-images/61799

Fairy:

Hair: http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_11 (page 19)
    Hair Mats: http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_13 (page 29)
    Skin: http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_14 (page 47)
    *Morph: http://www.sharecg.com/v/70475/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Missy-for-G2F
    *Ear Morph: http://www.sharecg.com/v/75445/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/KB-Pixie-head-morph-for-G2F-MORPH-ONLY
    *Dress: http://www.evilinnocence.com/shop/cupcake-for-v4.html
    *Dress Mat: http://www.sharecg.com/v/47942/browse/11/Poser/Autumn-Cupcake
    Boots: http://www.faeriedreams.com/store/index.php?main_page=page_2 (row 2, middle)
    *Wings: http://www.faeriewylde.com/FW4/index.php?topic=361.0
    *Wing Mats: http://www.sharecg.com/v/74678/browse/11/Poser/MAT-pack-5c-for-Thornes-Universal-Wings
    *Wand: http://www.sharecg.com/v/39218/browse/5/3D-Model/So-So-Pumpkins-and-Silly-Wavey-Wand-UPDATED-2-6-10
    +*Magic Flare: http://www.sharecg.com/v/43958/gallery/15/2D-Resources/Flare-Tubes-for-2D-art-Pack-1
    *Pose: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/free-poses-for-g2f-wildgirls/75151

Big Sister:

Hair: http://viper2012.s602.xrea.com/x/ (7 down)
    *Hair Mats: http://www.sharecg.com/v/77664/browse/11/Poser/Hair-Colours-for-HMHM-MGHM-Hair
    *Body Morph: http://www.sharecg.com/v/75701/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Teen-Ellie-Shape-for-Genesis2-Female
    Skin and Face Morph: http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_09 (page 17)
    *Clothes: https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=278
    *Clothes Mat: http://www.sharecg.com/v/79967/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Textures-for-A-Line-Dress-G2F
    *Belt: http://www.sharecg.com/v/19861/browse/11/Poser/Morphing-Belt-for-Poser-Figures
    *Boots: http://www.sharecg.com/v/80425/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/April-Rains-Outfit-for-G2F
    *Pose: http://www.sharecg.com/v/74940/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/G2F-Irresistible-poses-2

Little Sister: 

*Hair: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65755/gallery/11/Poser/HMHM-hair-and-MGHM-hair-for-V4-A4
    *Hair Mats: http://www.sharecg.com/v/77664/browse/11/Poser/Hair-Colours-for-HMHM-MGHM-Hair
    *Skin & Face Morph: http://www.sharecg.com/v/46513/browse/11/Poser/Mei-for-Kids-4-Base
    Body Morph: CGdiety's Alex for K4 (no longer available)
    *Clothes: http://www.sharecg.com/v/41544/browse/11/Poser/Gathered-skirt-and-shirt-for-Kids4
    *Pose: http://www.sharecg.com/v/44003/browse/11/Poser/Instinct-K4
    Expression: http://kctc.francemi.net/dazpeople_02.htm (bottom link)

Paid for:
    Grass shader: http://www.daz3d.com/grass-shader-for-daz-studio

*NOTE: Needs login/site membership
    +NOTE: Flare's transmap was made in GIMP by brightening fully before being applied to a primitave plane

Edited to attach the correct version of the image

Sept2015B.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Chelle the Cat on
    edited October 2015
    mjc1016 said:

So close!  That would have been a awesome entry... It still would be had it 2 more freebies!  crying 

The funny thing is that is amazingly similar to the idea that I was also working on!  I think I even downloaded the same painter's palette!  LOL!  Here is my very rough original sketch that never had a chance to get rendered!

FullSizeRender.jpg
    466 x 593 - 42K
    Post edited by Sky77 on
  • So, where's the picture? 

edited October 2015

Chelle the Cat said:

When Gemma went for a walk with her sister she never imagined she would spot out a fairy. Of course, her sister was too busy checking out some guys across the way from them and missed the sight completely. 

You made it with about 10 minutes to spare!  laugh  Great DOF.  Funny back story... teenagers, sheesh... can't get them to focus on anything!  cheeky

Nice work Chelle!

Post edited by Sky77 on

Well I guess that's it folks! Great bunch of entries this month!  Good luck to all the contestants!  laugh

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The funny thing is that is amazingly similar to the idea that I was also working on!  I think I even downloaded the same painter's palette!  LOL!  Here is my very rough original sketch that never had a chance to get rendered!

I'm pretty sure it was one of those last two items that was mucking it up...but I'm just coming off of 4 days of the flu, so I didn't get much done over the weekend.

Edited to attach the correct version of the image

Squeaking in under the wire indeed.  laugh

All links check out. 

ENTRY ACCEPTED

mjc1016 said:

I'm pretty sure it was one of those last two items that was mucking it up...but I'm just coming off of 4 days of the flu, so I didn't get much done over the weekend.

So sorry you had the flu mjc1016.  Such a lovely render too.

• selias19selias19 Posts: 252

Some really nice entries this month. Good luck to all entrants.

Sigrid

mjc1016 said:

Ouch!  I hope you're feeling better!  

• You made it with about 10 minutes to spare!  laugh  Great DOF.  Funny back story... teenagers, sheesh... can't get them to focus on anything!  cheeky

Nice work Chelle!

LOL Oh so true! Thanks! laugh

Squeaking in under the wire indeed.  laugh

All links check out. 

ENTRY ACCEPTED

Yay! Thank you!

taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

I used to use 3Delight exclusively until I purchased Reality a couple of years ago.  The folks at Preta3d.com are very good about the upgrades.  So far the incremental updates (i.e.Reality 4.0 to 4.1, etc) have all been free.  I only recently went from Reality 2 to Reality 4 which was just a lower "upgrade" price.   I've actually haven't played much with Iray yet since I'm just more comfortable with Reality but some of the test renders I've tried look promising and many of the Iray renders I've seen posted here are very impressive!   I always say, stick to what you are comfortable with and what works for you!  Great art is not about the tools but the artist!  smiley

I have to say all the Daz bundles are a great deal.  Keep them on your wishlist because they frequently go on massive sales, up to 70 to 80%.  The only difference between the bundles really is how much is included.  The higher priced bundles usually having every thing the other bundles have.  For example, usually everything in the "starter bundle" is part of the "complete bundle", and everything in the "complete bundle" is in the "pro bundle".  Of course, sometimes you just don't need or want something in a bigger bundle so you can save money for a different bundle later!  wink

Sorry for the late reply... I fell in love with Reality after watching the video... I willl definitely purchase it when I improve my skills... So many beautiful things here... What bundles you would recommend for beginners? From what I have noticed, having Victoria and Michael is very important, even because it increases the range of freebies I can use... (Is it possible to make a Genesis 2 a child without buying Kids bundle?). About Iray, I need to read more about it, there are lots of options there and I only know how to add sunlight/sky option...

edited October 2015
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

Sorry for the late reply... I fell in love with Reality after watching the video... I willl definitely purchase it when I improve my skills... So many beautiful things here... What bundles you would recommend for beginners? From what I have noticed, having Victoria and Michael is very important, even because it increases the range of freebies I can use... (Is it possible to make a Genesis 2 a child without buying Kids bundle?). About Iray, I need to read more about it, there are lots of options there and I only know how to add sunlight/sky option...

Nowadays you don't really need to think about purchasing Reality when you start out as DS comes with Iray built in, which is also an unbiased renderer, like Luxrender.  With Iray you don't need to worry about purchasing a plug-in in order to use an unbiased render, you already have the choice of biased or unbiased built in, with either Iray or 3Delight.

Chohole said:
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

Nowadays you don't really need to think about purchasing Reality when you start out as DS comes with Iray built in, which is also an unbiased renderer, like Luxrender.  With Iray you don't need to worry about purchasing a plug-in in order to use an unbiased render, you already have the choice of biased or unbiased built in, with either Iray or 3Delight.

What is biased and unbiased? :I
    I have seen renders in reality that look so realistic! (some in Iray do too, but I have no idea how to do that. Is it lights? Camera?)

• An unbiased renderer (Octane, Iray, LuxRender)  is like a light simulator - realisim is easy, at the expense of the flexibility in a biased renderer. A biased renderer, like 3Delight, uses tricks to make rendering faster (at least if not aiming for true photorealism) and allows all sorts of cheats (objects not casting shadows, for example, or physically impossible fall-off of light intensity). Which you prefer for what is going to be a matter of taste.

edited October 2015

OK,  we have winners  

Ist     taemimun    The New Fragrance Autumn 

2nd   Lord Ganthor  Louie's autumn adventure 

3rd    Kismet2012    As the leaves turn   

HM   Chelle the Cat     Untitled    

HM   Tramp Graphics   Autumn Leaves