FREEBIE CHALLENGE --- September and The Leaves Are Turning

Comments

• I'm working on it too - idea in my head is great, I'm struggling with execution though heh laugh

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2015

Mine isn't an execution problem...it's just being SLOW (12 hrs to do a test render of about 1/4 the scene!).  Plus I'm having trouble finding some textures, no it's not that I can't find ones that would work...it's that nature is not being cooperative (waiting for some leaves to scan).

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    mjc1016 said:

Mine isn't an execution problem...it's just being SLOW (12 hrs to do a test render of about 1/4 the scene!).  Plus I'm having trouble finding some textures, no it's not that I can't find ones that would work...it's that nature is not being cooperative (waiting for some leaves to scan).

That sounds intriguing. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2015

Well...the slowness is from a bazillion transmapped leaves...with shadows, occlusion, translucency...

It might be faster to render in Luxrender...surprise

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • What's the deadline?

taemimun said:

What's the deadline?

The deadline is September 30, 2015 at DAZ Midnight which is in the Mountain Daylight Timezone.

• CherubitCherubit Posts: 977
    edited September 2015
    taemimun said:

What's the deadline?

The deadline is September 30, 2015 at DAZ Midnight which is in the Mountain Daylight Timezone.

Thank you! smiley I never tried a contest... I just submit it here?

Post edited by Cherubit on
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited September 2015
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

What's the deadline?

Yup!  Just attach a list of all the freebies you used for your render and a link to where you found them.

Welcome to the Freebie Challenge!  (and the insanity that is us!) laugh

Post edited by Sky77 on

Hmmm... the leaves must be turning very, very slowly this fall!   cheeky

(...like I'm one to talk since I haven't even loaded everything that I need for my render yet!  wink)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

yes indeed   need more renders 

• taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

What's the deadline?

Yup!  Just attach a list of all the freebies you used for your render and a link to where you found them.

Thank you for the info and for the warm welcome :D I'm loving daz community! I kind of have an idea for the contest, but I will need an item -freebie- I have no idea where to get! Or if that even exists... Maybe I will just go without that one and explain in the picture description :P

• Chohole said:

yes indeed   need more renders 

Mine is on the way :D

taemimun said:
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

What's the deadline?

Thank you for the info and for the warm welcome :D I'm loving daz community! I kind of have an idea for the contest, but I will need an item -freebie- I have no idea where to get! Or if that even exists... Maybe I will just go without that one and explain in the picture description :P

What is the freebie you are looking for... there's a lot of folks with literally years of freebie hunting experience who might be able to point the way... or at least get you very, very lost!  cheeky

• Per Cho's rules, here is a NAE thinking out of the box.  All necessary and appropriate apologies to Rodin given in advance.

Kendall

thinkingoutsidethebox.png.png
    712 x 660 - 367K
    edited September 2015
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

What's the deadline?

What is the freebie you are looking for... there's a lot of folks with literally years of freebie hunting experience who might be able to point the way... or at least get you very, very lost!  cheeky

OMG haha, I definitely don't want to be lost! But a little help to find myself wouldn't be bad! ((Since postwork is not allowed, I will need the item that comes ready itself)). Can I just ask for the item here? It won't be a surprise anymore haha! If there's no problem I will tell :)

Per Cho's rules, here is a NAE thinking out of the box.  All necessary and appropriate apologies to Rodin given in advance.

Kendall

Wow this is what I call thinking outside of the box!!!!!!! :D great job! I love it!

taemimun said:

OMG haha, I definitely don't want to be lost! But a little help to find myself wouldn't be bad! ((Since postwork is not allowed, I will need the item that comes ready itself)). Can I just ask for the item here? It won't be a surprise anymore haha! If there's no problem I will tell :)

One of the reasons for the Freebie Challenge starting in the first place was to help people find freebies.  so ask away. 

• Chohole said:
    taemimun said:

One of the reasons for the Freebie Challenge starting in the first place was to help people find freebies.  so ask away. 

Oh ok~ Thanks :D I'm looking for a perfume bottle! I wonder if there's any...

edited September 2015
    taemimun said:
    Chohole said:
    taemimun said:

This dressing table set at ShareCG indciates it includes a perfume bottle.

This one is also available at ShareCG:  Parfum Flacon

Also on ShareCG:  Perfume Bottle

I have not used any of them.  This is what I found after a quick search.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • taemimun said:
    Chohole said:
    taemimun said:

Thank you so much heart ill check them out!

• @Kismet2012 it's for poser. I install it in normal folder or poser folder? Does it make a difference?

edited September 2015
    taemimun said:

@Kismet2012 it's for poser. I install it in normal folder or poser folder? Does it make a difference?

Poser files usually go under Runtime...I was at work when I found them and did not download.  I will do so and take a look at what is in the zips.

Editted to add:

The Parfum Flacon and the dressing table set have Runtime files.  These go in your Runtime folder in My Library.

The other perfume bottle I linked is in a format that is actually not compatible with DAZ.  I wasn't sure if it could be imported as an object file but DAZ does not recognize the format.

I am including screenshot of my Content Library so you can see the path to the items.  I actually have a separate library called My Freebie Library where I put my Freebies...I got tired of trying to figure out which items I paid for and which ones where free.  frown

dressing table.jpg
    1386 x 738 - 195K
    blue perfume bottle.jpg
    1368 x 732 - 158K
    edited September 2015
    taemimun said:
    Chohole said:
    taemimun said:

Cool finds Kismet... I didn't recognize you without your hat!  cheeky 

Post edited by Sky77 on
    edited September 2015
    taemimun said:
    Chohole said:
    taemimun said:

Cool finds Kismet... I didn't recognize you without your hat!  cheeky 

Thank you.  The dressing table set is quite nice...wish I had it for my entry.

I know what you mean...it does take some time to get used to when someone changes their Avatar.

• @Kismet2012 oh thank you very much! <3 Im installing them! I was actually waiting to know because I have already many items installed that don't work and I don't know how to remove them crying

• Uh Oh, doesnt show up in mine even after refreshing :/

edited September 2015
    taemimun said:

@Kismet2012 oh thank you very much! <3 Im installing them! I was actually waiting to know because I have already many items installed that don't work and I don't know how to remove them crying

You are welcome. 

I feel your pain taemimun...I have the same problem.

I am looking forward to seeing your entry.

taemimun said:

Uh Oh, doesnt show up in mine even after refreshing :/

You might want to double check to see if content manager is pointing to the right directory for Poser files vs. Daz files.  Check your preferences.

I wish I could show you a screen shot but I'm no where near my home computer.  

Another thing you can do is peek into the zip file and see how they packaged the file.  Sometimes the folks who produce the freebies don't follow standard Poser directory formats so stuff just gets lost in the runtime.

edited September 2015

Skywalker Oh yeah, I checked both folders in Daz and it's not in any! ;_; and I decided to make new folders myself and I think I deleted something important, now in my Poser directories I only have "My daz 3d library" and the new one I made that I can't delete, but I had another one that I deleted by mistake that was called "My library"... I don't know what was in there ;___;

Kismet thank you! I hope it looks good when I make it! :) Still collecting the items~

edited September 2015

which file did you donwload

The Perfume Flacon   has a runtime, inside that is a geometry folder called blue-coeur which has OBJs and MTLs.   a libraries folder which has Materials and Props  folders also called blue-coeur  and a texture folder called blue-coeur.

I can tell you where to put these in a poser runtime, but it needs someone who uses DS to tell you where they go in a DS runtime.

Post edited by Chohole on