FREEBIE CHALLENGE --- September and The Leaves Are Turning

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    taemimun said:

Skywalker Oh yeah, I checked both folders in Daz and it's not in any! ;_; and I decided to make new folders myself and I think I deleted something important, now in my Poser directories I only have "My daz 3d library" and the new one I made that I can't delete, but I had another one that I deleted by mistake that was called "My library"... I don't know what was in there ;___;

Kismet thank you! I hope it looks good when I make it! :) Still collecting the items~

Have you checked your Recycle Bin?  It might be there and can be restored.

• Chohole said:

which file did you donwload

The Perfume Flacon   has a runtime, inside that is a geometry folder called blue-coeur which has OBJs and MTLs.   a libraries folder which has Materials and Props  folders also called blue-coeur  and a texture folder called blue-coeur.

I can tell you where to put these in a poser runtime, but it needs someone who uses DS to tell you where they go in a DS runtime.

So there's a different place for them? I thought I just had to paste the Runtime in the same place as all my other freebies and it would show up eventually... Maybe this is also I lost some freebies I installed and they never showed up...

• taemimun said:

Skywalker Oh yeah, I checked both folders in Daz and it's not in any! ;_; and I decided to make new folders myself and I think I deleted something important, now in my Poser directories I only have "My daz 3d library" and the new one I made that I can't delete, but I had another one that I deleted by mistake that was called "My library"... I don't know what was in there ;___;

Kismet thank you! I hope it looks good when I make it! :) Still collecting the items~

Have you checked your Recycle Bin?  It might be there and can be restored.

Just checked, not there... But it's ok... Im not missing anything atm, if I find out something disappeared I'll install daz again... I think it would fix the issue...
    My freebie didn't show up... Do you paste it in a special place for Poser files?

edited September 2015

It goes in ...Studio/My Library/Runtime

You want to merge the Runtime folder from the zip with the Runtime folder in your DAZ Library. 

Just be careful not to create a nested file...ie:  Runtime/Runtime...this will cause issues and if that has happened might explain why you are not seeing the files.

Editted to add:

Wilmap has a tutorial on installing Zip files.  You have to register on her site but she has some wonderful outfits:  https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=272

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • CherubitCherubit Posts: 982
    edited September 2015

I had put it in the right place, there's only one Runtime in my folder :| So you put there, updated, and it just showed up?

edit: thanks for the link btw <3 im gonna try some dresses!

Post edited by Cherubit on
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited September 2015
    taemimun said:

When you say you "deleted" the folders, did you just take them off the preference list or did you delete them from your document folder on C: drive or the from the content library tree in DAZ studio?

"My Library" is the default folder where Studio 4.+ puts all of the files downloaded from the Daz store.  You can check out the Winterbrose tutorial here for more info:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/62923/finding-content-in-daz-studio-it-isn-t-lost-you-just-need-to-know-where-to-look#latest  

Post edited by Sky77 on

A follow up to what Cho mentioned, if the item you downloaded was a obj file rather than a pp2 or duf / ds,etc, you will need to import them to be usable in Studio (or Poser for that matter).

You also HAVE to make sure DAZ Studio is closed before adding files...It is not happy at all if you add stuff while it is open.

You also HAVE to make sure DAZ Studio is closed before adding files...It is not happy at all if you add stuff while it is open.

Good advice!  Studio 4.8 is much better about it than its predecessors (the older versions sometimes completely ignored you about new files surprise), but even then, the refresh button has not been 100% cooperative!  Sometimes it's just faster to shut it down and restart than to try and coerce it to look under a new leaf (or an old one).wink    (See how I brought us back to the "leaf" topic... cheeky)

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited September 2015

Here it goes. After 2 months finaly a render. I hope I did everything good. This was inspired with DS Creative Magazine I think No4 and character Roger and Co for M4. I wanted to try it and I think it looks very good.

Old Outpost

Done with Daz Studio 4.8

Items marked with an asterisk require registration.

Not Counting: Michael 4 figure

Freebies:

1.)* Fable For M4

2.)* Red Guard (and Update) For Fable (forM4)

3.)* Robin Hood for Fable  

4.)* Fable PB mats  

5.)* Double hill

6.)* Ruined Tower

7.)* Post Apocalyptic Textures for M4 V4 Hooded Cloak from DAZ  

8.)* M4 Hooded Cloak +  

9.)* Fantasy Hero Sword and Fur Loincloth

10.)* 40ftX40ft Tall Grass Patch

11.)* Misty Woods  

12.)* Morphing Tree

13.) Roger and Co for M4 (From DS Creative Magazine)

14.)* Render Profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5 (Rendered on Insane)

Paid:
    M4 Hooded Cloak

Old Outpost.jpg
    1076 x 1076 - 447K
    Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited September 2015

Sorry, It seems I don't know how to link those files on new forum. I will try to fix it.

Edit: Now everything looks good.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Links Check out    Entry accepted

• I try entry.
    Story

There lives twin impish fairies named Tweedle-dum and Tweedle-dee in a forest.
    One day there comes a girl named Usausa with her 3 sisters named Rea, Mariel and Melphie.
    She sits down under a tree and she draws some illustrations on unruled loose-leaf papers.
    Then the twin fairies make a tiny cyclon by their wings.
    The papers are lifted into the air. The leaves are turning around the tree, which leaves are turning red from green through yellow.

freebie

1. kururu by mato
    2. Sera V3 by futepen
    3. MDP-F202 by MDP
    4. Design Anvil Super Morphing Tree by Design Anvil
    5. MMD Importer for Daz Studio (beta version) by shinokiwa.

This is a plugin to import a MikuMikuDance Model (pmd,pmx format) into DAZ Studio.
      If you will intend to import a MikuMikuDance Model of the world into DAZ Studio, you need to follow the terms of the model. Should read carefully.
      Because some of MikuMikuDance Models of the world are prohibited to use out of the MikuMikuDance world by creators of them.

6. Tweedledum and Tweedledee .... MMD Model by ULA
      In the blog page a url to download and a password are writen. You should not write the passwd anywhere.
    7. Usausa (select category "MikuMikudance(2)".) MMD model by kanihira. non-commercial use only.
    8. Rea MMD model by kanihira. non-commercial use only.
      In the page url to download and password are writen. You shuold not write the passwd anywhere. It's manner.
    9. Mariel MMD model by kanihira. non-commercial use only.
      In the page url to download and password are writen. Do not write the passwd anywhere. It is prohibited by creator.
    10. Melphie MMD model by kanihira. non-commercial use only.
    11. sphere map by roze
    12. mirei2 beta version shader by NyaNyan

no-count-tools

• Bryce (sky and ground picture)
    • DAZ Studio 4.8
    14.duf.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 1M
    edited September 2015

Old Outpost

Nice job, Milo!  Very green!  wink  I wish I had remembered about this grass prop in my last month's render... it looks great! 

Post edited by Sky77 on
    nyanyan said:

I try entry.
    Story

One day there comes a girl named Usausa with her 3 sisters named Rea, Mariel and Melphie.
    She sits down under a tree and she draws some illustrations on unruled loose-leaf papers.
    The papers are lifted into the air. The leaves are turning around the tree, which leaves are turning red from green through yellow.

Nice work Nyanyan. laugh Thank you for the links to the MMD importer!  That opens up a brand new world of freebies for me!  yes

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2015
    nyanyan said:

I try entry.
    Story

Links all check out   Entry Accepted.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2015

Thank You. I am glad it turned like that, this is the first time I made grass to look good :)

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited September 2015

Fall...Autum...whateva' ya wants t' call it. I calls it a royal pain in da rump! Every time abouts dis time a year I gets a call from my bestest bud Big Eddie Mac? You'se guys remember Big Eddie Mac, don'tcha? He's my bestest bud. Anyways, he calls me up every time bouts dis time a year. "What'cha doin?" he'll asks me. "Nuttin'," I tells him. "sittin' 'round havin' a few beers an' gittin' ready t' watch da game." "Oh," he says t' me. "Okay. Well, I gotta go over t' my Gran'ma's place an rake leaves. You wanna come wit me?"

Oh, geeze...here we goes again. His Gran'ma, she lives over in Queens, she's a sweet li'l ol' lady an' I've known her alla my life..she's helpin' Big Eddie Mac raise his daughter Li'll Eddie Mac...you've heard me talk about her, right? Like I was sayin', his Grandma's a sweet li'll ol' lady, but, man! Can she put da screws t' him when she want's sumthin'! I mean, hell, she's only gots one tree...an' it's inna box out in da back alley, but she loves dat tree t' death. It's a li'l bitty thing, but I'll tells ya, it leaves leaves everywhere! Hokay, I'm a good friend, I'll go along wit it. Besides, if i don't, Gran'ma Mac will never let me hear da ends of it and I'll be on da recieving end of one'a her lectures. Besides, Big Eddie Mac promised me he'd bring da beer.

So anyways, we goes over dere and dere's dat tree, leaves all ova' da place, an' I says t' Big Eddie, I says, "I ain't rakin' up alla dese leaves. We gotta finds us a quicker way 'cause da game gonna be on inna 'bout an hour. Ain't your Gran'ma gotta Shop-Vac or sumptin'?"

"Nooooo," Big Eddie tells me, real funny like. "She ain't got no Shop-Vac. I don't know nobody's Gran'ma dat's gotta Shop-Vac."

"Wadda 'bout a vacuum cleaner?"

"Why, yeah! Everybody's Gran'ma's gotta vacuum cleaner! It's in da hall closet."

So dat's what we did! She ain't gonna be none da wiser, we gits dis mess cleaned up in about half da time and den we can settles back an' watch da game. It's a good t'ing he asked me t' help, udder wise we'da been wastin' da whole day on dis job. Fall, sheesh! If ya ask me youse can take da whole season, li'l tree in da box an' all and puts it out on da curb. Save it for dem rich folks what's goes t' Vermont ta looks at it...I'm done!

Smalltown:Backyard1   Part 1 Registration Required.
    Smalltown:Backyard1:missing dso files   Part 2  Registration Required.
    Fallen Leaf Set   Scroll down about 3/4th of the page untill you see the leaves.
    Vacuum Cleaner 7th from Top 
    Garden Box 3DS Format 
    Autumn Fairy Tree (poser prop)  Registration Required.
    Beer Bottle. Registration Required. 
    Wood Table. Registration Required. 
    Rake. 8th Row, 4th Item. 
    Genesis 1940's Dresses  Registration Required.
    Koz Pony Tail Hair 
    Celeb 2010 - Day 19 - Celeb for Koz Ponytail  Registration Required.
    Glasses for V4 Smartprop Registration Required. 
    wc Black Skin  Registration Required.
    DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis  Registration Required.

I decided to dispence with all of the free stuff that I usually list for Louie and Big Eddie Mac this time 'cause...I mean, really! Haven't we seen alla dat stuff enough times? As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

Louie's Autum Adventure.jpg
    995 x 787 - 859K
    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
  • Nice work Nyanyan. laugh Thank you for the links to the MMD importer!  That opens up a brand new world of freebies for me!  yes

Thank you. And if you download MMDImporter 0.2.0 , then MMDPoiShader (by shinokawa) is included in it. MMPoiShader is a shader like MMD. It is automatically aplied to imported MMD model. If you want to render like MMD in DS, using MMDPoiShader is one of most easy way, I think.

edited September 2015
    taemimun said:

When you say you "deleted" the folders, did you just take them off the preference list or did you delete them from your document folder on C: drive or the from the content library tree in DAZ studio?

"My Library" is the default folder where Studio 4.+ puts all of the files downloaded from the Daz store.  You can check out the Winterbrose tutorial here for more info:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/62923/finding-content-in-daz-studio-it-isn-t-lost-you-just-need-to-know-where-to-look#latest  

Sorry for late reply. I deleted directly from Daz, I didn't go to the folder... My Library still appears on my Daz, but it doesnt appear inside of Poser folder (I had one M Library over there... Maybe it was the same?)

(edit) Thanks for the link! I'm reading it now :))

A follow up to what Cho mentioned, if the item you downloaded was a obj file rather than a pp2 or duf / ds,etc, you will need to import them to be usable in Studio (or Poser for that matter).

I thought I just had to paste on my freebies folder... It worked for Kismet, but not for me :(
    I just checked and they are obj files... So I just click import for each one of them? (They won't appear in my Content Library? :(( )

(edit) ok so I imported it, but has no material, and even in surfaces I don't know how to put it... Why mine doesn't recognize it like Kismet's did? :/

Oh I see! I will do that too from now on ahah! I was just refreshing the folders after adding the items :S

Also, I have one question... Morphs don't count even if they are freebies? (I'm having a hard time find more stuff to compose my entry... only have 6 items... -_-")

edited September 2015
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

Sorry for late reply. I deleted directly from Daz, I didn't go to the folder... My Library still appears on my Daz, but it doesnt appear inside of Poser folder (I had one M Library over there... Maybe it was the same?)

I thought I just had to paste on my freebies folder... It worked for Kismet, but not for me :(
    I just checked and they are obj files... So I just click import for each one of them? (They won't appear in my Content Library? :(( )

(edit) ok so I imported it, but has no material, and even in surfaces I don't know how to put it... Why mine doesn't recognize it like Kismet's did? :/

Oh I see! I will do that too from now on ahah! I was just refreshing the folders after adding the items :S

Also, I have one question... Morphs don't count even if they are freebies? (I'm having a hard time find more stuff to compose my entry... only have 6 items... -_-")

Did you merge the files with the Runtime folder in your library?  You might want to check and make sure you did not end up with nested files, ie:  ...My Libruary/Runtime/Runtime/...

Free morph sets like DieTrying's count as a free item.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on

Fall...Autum...whateva' ya wants t' call it. I calls it a royal pain in da rump! Every time abouts dis time a year I gets a call from my bestest bud Big Eddie Mac? You'se guys remember Big Eddie Mac, don'tcha? He's my bestest bud. Anyways, he calls me up every time bouts dis time a year. "What'cha doin?" he'll asks me. "Nuttin'," I tells him. "sittin' 'round havin' a few beers an' gittin' ready t' watch da game." "Oh," he says t' me. "Okay. Well, I gotta go over t' my Gran'ma's place an rake leaves. You wanna come wit me?"

Oh, geeze...here we goes again. His Gran'ma, she lives over in Queens, she's a sweet li'l ol' lady an' I've known her alla my life..she's helpin' Big Eddie Mac raise his daughter Li'll Eddie Mac...you've heard me talk about her, right? Like I was sayin', his Grandma's a sweet li'll ol' lady, but, man! Can she put da screws t' him when she want's sumthin'! I mean, hell, she's only gots one tree...an' it's inna box out in da back alley, but she loves dat tree t' death. It's a li'l bitty thing, but I'll tells ya, it leaves leaves everywhere! Hokay, I'm a good friend, I'll go along wit it. Besides, if i don't, Gran'ma Mac will never let me hear da ends of it and I'll be on da recieving end of one'a her lectures. Besides, Big Eddie Mac promised me he'd bring da beer.

So anyways, we goes over dere and dere's dat tree, leaves all ova' da place, an' I says t' Big Eddie, I says, "I ain't rakin' up alla dese leaves. We gotta finds us a quicker way 'cause da game gonna be on inna 'bout an hour. Ain't your Gran'ma gotta Shop-Vac or sumptin'?"

"Nooooo," Big Eddie tells me, real funny like. "She ain't got no Shop-Vac. I don't know nobody's Gran'ma dat's gotta Shop-Vac."

"Why, yeah! Everybody's Gran'ma's gotta vacuum cleaner! It's in da hall closet."

So dat's what we did! She ain't gonna be none da wiser, we gits dis mess cleaned up in about half da time and den we can settles back an' watch da game. It's a good t'ing he asked me t' help, udder wise we'da been wastin' da whole day on dis job. Fall, sheesh! If ya ask me youse can take da whole season, li'l tree in da box an' all and puts it out on da curb. Save it for dem rich folks what's goes t' Vermont ta looks at it...I'm done!

Smalltown:Backyard1. Registration Required.
    New Fallen Leaves Set
    Vacuum Cleaner 7th from Top 
    Garden Box 3DS Format 
    Autumn Fairy Tree. Registration Required.
    Beer Bottle. Registration Required. 
    Wood Table. Registration Required. 
    Rake. 8th Row, 4th Item. 
    Genesis 1940's Dresses  Registration Required.
    Koz Pony Tail Hair 
    Celeb 2010 - Day 19 - Celeb for Koz Ponytail  Registration Required.
    Glasses for V4 Smartprop Registration Required. 
    wc Black Skin  Registration Required.
    DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis  Registration Required.

I decided to dispence with all of the free stuff that I usually list for Louie and Big Eddie Mac this time 'cause...I mean, really! Haven't we seen alla dat stuff enough times? As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.7 and final render in Bryce 7. No postwork save for addition of signature and copyright date.

Another great entry LG.

Three of your links did not work for me:  Smalltown Backyard1, New Fallen Leaves Set and Autumn Fairy Tree.

Even without counting all of Louie's freebies you have more than enough free items to qualify.

ENTRY ACCEPTED

taemimun...I have sent you a PM that I hope will help.

• Kismet, I went back and adjusted those links in my original post. I must have broken them somehow with all of that copying and pasting you have to do. I'm still trying to get the hang of this new forum and all of the ins and outs. Sorry 'bout that, y'all.

Kismet, I went back and adjusted those links in my original post. I must have broken them somehow with all of that copying and pasting you have to do. I'm still trying to get the hang of this new forum and all of the ins and outs. Sorry 'bout that, y'all.

Thanks LG.  They are definitely working now.

This new forum does take some getting used to...I starting to figure it out...I think.  laugh

edited September 2015
    taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

Did you merge the files with the Runtime folder in your library?  You might want to check and make sure you did not end up with nested files, ie:  ...My Libruary/Runtime/Runtime/...

Free morph sets like DieTrying's count as a free item.

Yes, I only have one Runtime, and no other Runtime inside of that one... Thank you for the PM! I will do as it says and will answer from there :)
    I used Larissa and Lenore face morphs :) (both characters are freebies) So I will count them too! (if I can)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2015

Well, I finally have my entry ready. 

Autumn Leaves

Marc and Maria have taken baby Chris top the park on a gorgeous autumn day, and look on as the tyke plays with all of the pretty leaves. 

Freebies

Die Trying’s 182 V4 morphs for Genesis (all characters)*
    Ghastly's Generic Anime/Manga Head morph for Genesis (Chris)*
    Ultimate Shader pack: (Chrome on Marc’s cyber hand, Marc's belt buckles, rings and rivets on Marc's boots, gold chrome on Maria's jacket, belt, and earrings)*
    R72 Leather shaders (Marc's hat, jacket, boots, pants, and belt, Maria's jacket, belt, and boots)*
    REC Weaponry Shaders (Marc's Boot Soles,)
    Ashlan for M4 (Marc's and Chris' skin texture)*
    Sensible Shoes for Genesis (Chris' shoes)*
    SAV Famous Hats Collection (Marc's hat)*

HFS EVAN Expansion set (Marc's Cyberhand)*

Genesis Jeans (Chris' pants)*

Stonewashed for Genesis Jeans (Chris' pants)*

Medhue Morphs for Genesis Jeans (Chris' pants)*
    Rosalie Rose (Maria)*
    Genesis Cuffed Heeled Boots (Maria's boots)*
    Hoop Earings for #Dream's Lusitana (Maria's Earrings)*

Baby Genesis (Chris)*

K4 Morphing Hoodie (Chris)

Fober's The Hills (grounds)*

Trees by D-JPP (Trees)*

Scattered Fall Leaves (fallen leaves)*

Speed Lights Outdoor set 1 (set to Ray Traced) (lighting)

Paid For Items

Genesis Starter Bundle (For Genesis Evolution head and body Morphs) (Tommie and Kageto)

Dark Moods for Genesis (Marc and Maria's  pants and belts, Marc's tank top)

Marja Hair for Genesis (Maria)

No-Count Items

Ramwolf's Freebie Morphs for Genesis [no longer available] (all characters)
    Wildmane Hair [comes with DAZ Studio] (Baby Chris)

Genesis Mullet hair: [no longer available] (Marc)

Night Warrior Jacket [custom by me] (Marc and Maria)

Biker Boots [custom by me] (Marc)

Autumn-Leaves-(small).jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 901K
    Post edited by Chohole on

LG, you did it again!  Love the story as much as the render!  yes 

Well, I finally have my entry ready. 

Autumn Leaves

Great expressions on the characters.  I like how you used the leaves and the dof.  

Thanks for the weaponry shaders!  Very cool.  laugh

taemimun said:
    taemimun said:

Hi,Taemimun, looks like Kismet covered everything!  Thanks Kismet! laugh 

Hope you were able to get everything ironed out!