My Renders, Now I can go to bed

Comments

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited August 2015

thought I dial me in a base G2F, a lil rescaling here and there,  didn't need to add a d-form, to get  something I wanted.

Tho I did use a deform on that Persian shirt, didn't look right, in the pose she was in, still don't, . .  but it looks better the poses were a mix of top and bottom and arms from V4 and Genesis poses, I did start with a G2F pose, then one thing lead to another then another then another . . ok you got the picturecheeky

MyG2F test 001.jpg
    1100 x 1100 - 169K
    MyG2F test 002.jpg
    1100 x 1100 - 180K
    Post edited by XaatXuun on
    edited August 2015

just a couple more renders of MyG2F

what you don't see, is Genesis female, that I needed to use to get the V4&M4 clothes to fit G2F

MyG2F 003.jpg
    1100 x 1100 - 218K
    MyG2F 004.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 162K
    MyG2F 005.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 220K
    edited August 2015

while reading this topic I thought I would play a lil more with something I posted there

small faceape 004.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 329K
    edited August 2015

I just learned how to  make my D-Forms into a Morph ..YaaaaY . . think'n I'll make some changes (a New One), but it led me to creating Tiff (yes another Genesis 1 female)

I usually take more time in picking a name. The D-Form is a smaller back, smoother hips (I dislike blocked hips) flatter Stomach (think I'll change that) and add's Fem Gen

Tiff will still be a WiP, she looks younger then what I was going for, but could pass for 16 at this stage, Maybe?? No ?? Yes ?? I normally try for late 20's to early 30's but seem to look more like late teens early 20's

tiff test 02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 165K
    edited August 2015

guess this is what happens when you're playing in DAZ and listening to Dark Sanctuary  at the same time

to be continued . . . I hope, I think I have something of a story (picture story) . . this is only the beginning I have a tendency to forget I started something

really wish I could add more into the scene

Gone Dark Test 003.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 429K
    edited August 2015

WHOA

What was in that Babies Milk

"Thank Ya .. Thank you very much"

Babies Milk 001.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 258K
    edited August 2015

new girl . . G2F,  GeGen, yeah strange name, but this was after doing the Transferring Morphs from Genesis to G2M/G2F and using ben98120000 method of doing it, and will save the shape for a starter  for any Future G2F's I create.

I did this render before checking her height, So I currently don't know how tall she is. I'll do another render here shortly in a Bikini and I'll check and adjust her height there, think I'll go for 5'5" (165.1 cm) ( I'll use Fire Angle's Measuring tools  I don't remember the link but recall it was free)

And here is my now Base G2F GeGen

GeGen2 test 001.jpg
    1400 x 1401 - 152K
    edited August 2015

GeGen,  a couple more Minor tweeks, and now 5'5"

less clothed to show more, I really don't have a Body suit to use, so here she is

GeGen2 pose 001.jpg
    1400 x 1494 - 186K
    GeGen2 pose 003.jpg
    1400 x 1494 - 198K
    GeGen2 pose 004.jpg
    1400 x 1494 - 253K
    GeGen2 pose 005.jpg
    1400 x 1494 - 214K
    edited August 2015

when I started with this DAZ3D, Genesis just arrived, I had tried using version 3 point something and uninstalled after 3 days   I couldn't do anything with it, at least not what I was wanting to do, though then came version 4, & Genesis was  just the thing to get me into doing 3d art.

There was  this book  I wanted to use, but became MIA, till tonight, while boxing items it was found ,  YAY , . . oh the book you ask, it's called In Your Face : What Facial Features Reveal About the People You Know and Love - Bill Cordingley

and here is the face I dialed in (Genesis1), and the start of a new Model . . Sierra

There are still a couple more products to purchase, but may not be able to get'em till end of the year to complete, Hair happens to be one, I need to find the hair that will go with Sierra, I'll  attempt to dial in the body as close as I want till I can get that last shaping Product I've been wanting for a while

Skin Mat is from Monica, a V4 one, I choose because that one has eyebrows that are easier to use to adjust the brow dials, and used Look At Me! Eyes , I adjusted the Iris Defuse to get a eye color I felt fits Sierra

No Lights used

Sierria 01 test.jpg
    1400 x 1398 - 530K
    edited August 2015

I had save Sierra's current shape (preset), so I can play around with a different figure, to test, and not worry messing up what I have completed so far

V5 Gabi Mats, Bubblegum hair, Specter Lights I use

Sierria 02 test.jpg
    1100 x 1098 - 298K
    edited August 2015

been busy else where, spending what moments I have learning Hexagon, to turn some of my models into a Morph dial, took a break last night and thought I might work on a couple pose, needs some adjustment on that male, he looks a bit stiff, or scared

just wanted to post something even tho it's not right .. heh like Conell using a female mat, makes it look like he's developing man boobs laugh

Conell n Eddie 01.jpg
    1100 x 1098 - 204K
    edited August 2015

getting closer with saving shapes into Dialing Morphs,  created this guy Lil Freak, to have something to practice with. I still have  more to learn,  but figured what the heck lets share his looks, I kinda like him, most likely will be  doing more Morphs with him, maybe a few different versions of Lil Freaks wink

I have a G2M with 100% M_Marcus_Shape03 Dialed in to have as comparison how big Lil Freak really is

the Team 01.jpg
    1470 x 1468 - 238K
    edited September 2015

did a little more dialing with Sierra, been having some strange crashes, and also noticed more resource being used, probably the causes of the earlier crashes.

just a render of progression of how far I have went with Sierra so far, it still won't be till end of the year before I might be able to afford a Hair for her

Sierra is a very athletic individual, there is still more work to be done with her , hoping I can get me that skin mat resource thingy, so I can create her own texture, not too fond of the one I have chosen so far

strange thing with the arms with poses, the one I used here was he only one that would  work, I wasn't in the mood to correct the others I wanted to use

Sierra pose 00001.jpg
    1200 x 1198 - 164K
    edited September 2015

doing some mix matching with some products I forgot I had on Eddie, including the Skin Mat/Texture

I think  I know why I hadn't used them before, for some reason no Mat for the clothes, I had to use shaders

eddie make teat0005.jpg
    1100 x 1098 - 214K
    edited September 2015

Still playing around with clothing I haven't seen or used, I used the Unfinished Sierra to model

needed to find a shader for the Oso Belt,

I didn't have to, but just to match I used a shader on the chain top, I didn't touch the AXL's Fur top (that was left at default), daggers was a freebie from DAZ, I think . . . . . I forgot where I got'em from blush, was some dagger set, these were the valDaggersHornblade

Seirra tryouts 001.jpg
    1200 x 1198 - 188K
    edited September 2015

my first attempt at trying to make a Blindfold into a Veil

I was going to use Wilmap's Lace shader, but every thing was sooooooo stretch that didn't work, in this image I'm actually using Chainmail Shader, it kinda worked, At this moment I can't think what I can do . . I don't think I can make my own mat's for the blindfold.

just a render in 3Delight no lights or camera, just from perspective view

Veil test 001.jpg
    746 x 745 - 191K
    edited September 2015

I'm still playing around with learning how to save morphs, the latest testing I was using Sierra, made a goof and a quick add of just a numeral and the save ended up as SierraG2, could be confusing later thinking it's for G2F, but I'm not finished yet with Sierra's Body , so not too worried

then a thought occurred as I was testing other morph dials with SierraG2's dials.

I could dial in some Julie, and some SierraG2, and and change 'em, and watch Sierra grow from teen to Adult.

and here were the results

Teen2 Adult 001.JPG
    743 x 676 - 48K
    Teen2 Adult 002.JPG
    742 x 646 - 47K
    Teen2 Adult 003.JPG
    735 x 648 - 45K
    Teen2 Adult 004.JPG
    714 x 660 - 47K
    edited September 2015

had a little more time to play some more, different skin mat, I keep forgetting the fix the previous one, somethng about the tear.

no light and something about the tear I keep forgetting to fix

Mat change, and using Uber light with one spot and one area

SierraG2 00002.jpg
    1400 x 1398 - 319K
    SierraG2 00001.jpg
    1700 x 1697 - 385K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited September 2015

Not sure I can respond in here but if I have overstepped the boundaries, please accept my apologies. XaaXuun, I played around with the blind fold a bit to see if I could help you get something more like the image you referred to in your post. The attached image shows what I came up with.

Here are the steps to recreate this result. I am assuming that you are using DAZ Studio and that you are running on at least one of the 4.x versions.
    1. Load up the blindfold in DAZ Studio. Click on the scene tab and expand the object. it is the little arrow just to the left side of the name. You will see that there is a mask-head and a hair object. Delete the hair object. Now all that you are left with will be the mask and the head and neck covering.
    2. With only the mask-head in the scene, select it and go to File -> Export. Select a location for the obj file that you can remember. and give mask-head a name. Click on save and a new box will open up. You want to convert from DAZ Studio to either Poser or Studio format. Leave everything as the default and click on accept.
    3. You will need to remap your new object to get rid of the stretch marks on the forehead. To do this I use UVMapper found here: http://www.uvmapper.com/. You can down load the free version UVMapper Classic for this project. Install the software. Open up UVMapper and select File -> Load model. Go to the directory where you saved out the Mask-head obj and click on this file. UVMapper will come back and say that some of the UV coordinates are out of range do you want to correct. Click yes. Once you do you will see the UV map as ADP has created it. It is a mess. So under Edit go to New UV Map -> Planer. Select the default values and click ok. Much nicer UV map. If you were to get serious with the mapping of the mask-head you would not be doing what I am showing you in this little tut but for what you want this works great.
    4. So now we have on our screen a new UV map. We want to save out the new map and the object this map goes with. So under File go to Save model. Keep the default settings and click ok. I would save the model in the same place as the original but with a different name. You will also want to save out the new UV Map. So under File go to Save Texture map. I made my map a width of 1024 and Height of 718. No other options were selected. Click ok and save the file with the obj.
    5. Import the new object back into DAZ Studio. You tell DAZ that it is the format you saved it out as and it will come in at the same place as the original. Select the new object in the Scene tab and go to the surfaces tab. You want to make the neck and head covering disappear. You can do this by setting the surface called plastic opacity to zero. Now all you are left with is the blindfold.
    6. Now if you want to use Wilmap's lace shaders you can. Adjust the tiling to what size you want the pattern to be.

If you want the look in my picture then do the following.

1. In your graphics software open up the Texture map you saved out of UVMapper. Open up the netting file I have attached to this post. Select it as the current material and set the angle to 45 degrees and I used a 50% scale to get the right size of diamonds in the pattern. Create a new layer on top of the texture map and flood fill that layer using the netting pattern. Add another layer behind the netting layer and flood fill it with black. You now have a transparency map for Studio. Apply to the opacity channel of the mask. You can also use this image in the displacement and bump channels of the mask surface. Pushing up the bump and displacement are what give the netting some substance. My settings for the below image were set as follows. Bump - 100% Negative - -1.09 Positive - 1.07, Displacement - 100% minimum - -0.23 Maximum - 0.23. I also set the tiling to 2 on both horizontal and vertical. When using displacement and bump one should be careful about pushing the limits. You will get strange results if you increase the numbers to to high a value. If you see something you don't like then back the numbers of these parameters down. That will usually remove the strange artifacts.

The reason I did the transmap the way I did was because I wanted the 45 degree offset and when I tried to make a tile with that configuration I could never get it to be seamless. So I did it using the UV map and then the edges disappeared. A word to the wise, this method is a big time shortcut and most likely will not work on another model and may not work for some of your desired scenes but it is a way to work with the product and get some nice results. The netting png file was generated using Filter Forge and the Wire Imprint filter by vwg. You can do what ever you want with the netting file.

Hope this helps you. If you have any questions please ask. If I can't answer them then I know people that can.

mask.png
    500 x 500 - 257K
    netting.png
    600 x 600 - 116K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • DollyGirl said:

Hope this helps you. If you have any questions please ask. If I can't answer them then I know people that can.

it helps a lot,  I was a total blank where to go with it, I knew  there would be a way, but like some writers I was blocked of where to go next .. thank you thank you

I will learn how to use the UVMapper, and make that Blindfold into a Beautiful Veil wink

again thanks, you were in no way intruding or over stepping

edited September 2015

well that went faster then I thought it was going to take to figure out. first attempt came out fairly well,  . . well ,  closer to  what I was wanting to achieve.

Thanks again DollyGirl, your tutorial/Guide how to use it was easy to follow, I used one of Wilmap's Lace shaders

I think with different lighting to allow more shadows might be a better choice

Test Veil 001.jpg
    1000 x 998 - 241K
    edited September 2015

did a little more work on the teen, thought I was there, so I saved,  saved it into a morph dial . . then when I used it,  everything was fins, till I did a few poses, then I noticed the thighs are a bit too muscular and the Arms .. wow they were a bit long and skinny compared to the rest of the body. And I am not satisfied with the head, this teen needs more work

so no biggie, I can use some arm dials to correct that, then  I wanted to do like I did earlier with going from teen to adult, I reached the 50/50 on the dials, kinda liked the results,  so saved her with the name sexy, every thing looked good, till after I did the render, then I noticed sexy's arms are too big . . I just can't get it right tonight,  may get back and try and correct.

Tho I'm not happy with the end results, still going to show you skinny long armed 4teen, and Sexy

4teen no lights

umber light scene, one spot and one area

4teentest 00004.jpg
    1400 x 1398 - 199K
    Sexytest 0002.jpg
    1200 x 1198 - 124K
  • XaatXuun said:

Great renders! :D you use mainly 3Delight, right? I like how it looks in your renders, mine never get as good. Also the poses and characters are very nice! I see I still have lots to learn!

edited September 2015

taemimun said:
    XaatXuun said:

Great renders! :D you use mainly 3Delight, right?

My Machine won't play with Daz 4.8, and what I read about 4.7 I didn't want to chance/Test it,  So I'm still using Version 4.6, which means . . yeah  . . Just 3Delight.    Often thought of getting Luxrender, but  there too I was borderline, and just on the wrong side of that line, also thoght of trying Octane render

taemimun said:
    XaatXuun said:
     I like how it looks in your renders, mine never get as good. Also the poses and characters are very nice! I see I still have lots to learn!

Heh .. well it didn't start out that way, Thank you for the  comment,   . . .   .  it was a long while, if you could seen the renders in the original "My Renders, Now I can go to bed" you would see that ( that was 2 forums ago). Lighting I think is the key to a good render, I spent a long time creating my own lighting before I ever used someone else lights. I had a lot of help, the biggest contributor to helping with my lighting was Richard Haseltine , one thing that helped me the most was Reproducing Real World Light , that changed  a lot on my lighting  in a hugh (though gargantuan might be a better word) improvement. There were many others that helped, but I can recall some who helped me the most with my Progress.

it took me a while to get it, and I'm jealous of those that just start and get it much quicker

edited September 2015

created a new Model to keep working on the 'Learn to save Morph path/mission' I have taken,  where I'm trying to have better saves.

this was a Genesis Male, used M4 Shelby Skin Mat

named G1Ma, this is G1Ma2, where I used G1Ma Dial to 100%

G1Ma2.JPG
    816 x 737 - 54K
    G1Ma2 test002.jpg
    1202 x 1200 - 156K
    edited September 2015

lol a strange side effect after using ERC Freeze.

it had basically zeroed the dial,  so after reapppling  the G1Ma back to 100%, he doubled in size , so used a couple other dials, which pumped G1Ma even more, added that Tan Skin mat, and shorts

I still have a hour before bed time, gonna see what I can do, have some fun with some other dials wink

oh my 001.jpg
    1202 x 1200 - 189K
    edited September 2015

well this is what I ended up with, there were a ton of choices, I wanted to try them all, but if I did, then I would get any sleep

oh my 002.jpg
    1202 x 1200 - 151K
    edited September 2015

finally got a teen shape to Hex, to save into a Morph. I have yet to do a render of the new teen, but I did do one with part of that teen morph, mixed with another I saved.

some how, and I don't know where or how, but the mouth was open,  so I did what I could to close it, and it looks a bit strange now.

here is where I ended up at

I used Emelie Mat from the Odd ones, FWArt Character Lights

young adult 001.jpg
    1200 x 1198 - 128K
    edited September 2015

my first attempt of just pressing buttons in Bryce, not my first time trying bryce, my first time it was a mess, I was following a tutorial, it didn't come close to this mess I made  from just, " wonder what this does" laugh

so here is my first render and playing in Bryce. now that I have some idea what's going on, I'll look up wha I'm really supposed to do again

My first bryce 1a.png
    1434 x 735 - 564K
    edited September 2015

had to try and see what I can do with V4, well have to say, those that work with V4, wow . . but I just can't get what I want with V4, awesome job to those that can make V4 work for them, think I'll stay with Genesis, but  really like how the clothes fit better on V4 then Genesis

v4 test n 002.jpg
    1400 x 1398 - 236K