Daz AI Studio Discussions

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,933

Richard Haseltine said:

naughtyroad said:

Urgh, more AI. sad They better not have used my gallery entries (such as they are) to train this abomination. I'm taking my gallery down now.

It used only Daz-owned art for the training, not PA or general member art.

well at least the ones with ethical objections cannot complain about it

I am certain it won't stop others though  wink

getting my popcorn ready... 

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

It would be better if we could use what we have already bought rather than have to buy a subscription. It didn't work that great. It couldn't handle the clothing that it chose to use. We could literally use our own and/or any other render and train a Checkpooint and/or Lora to use in the FREE Stable Diffusion Automatic1111 or Forge, etc and have more control and better results.

dazai_e5db0d66-f1ed-11ee-8f4c-8de68b29fa88.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    dazai_3ed30220-f1ee-11ee-8f4c-8de68b29fa88.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,332

butterflyfish said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Torquinox said:

I would also vote in favor of getting ds5 over this ai thing. And with that I shall leave this thread.

Different development teams, the DS people did not work on the AI.

So does that mean they're still working on DS5, then? 

Yes, and of course we have been geting updates to DS 4 - some of which, I beleive, are features from the 5 road map that could be implemented in 4.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,127

Richard Haseltine said:

butterflyfish said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Torquinox said:

I would also vote in favor of getting ds5 over this ai thing. And with that I shall leave this thread.

Different development teams, the DS people did not work on the AI.

So does that mean they're still working on DS5, then? 

Yes, and of course we have been geting updates to DS 4 - some of which, I beleive, are features from the 5 road map that could be implemented in 4.

OK. Thank you. 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,965

Richard Haseltine said:

naughtyroad said:

Urgh, more AI. sad They better not have used my gallery entries (such as they are) to train this abomination. I'm taking my gallery down now.

Is this explicitly confirmed? If it is I can go back to ignoring all this but it's a sticking point for me and the language that I could find on the site currently is just vague enough about the source to be open for interpretation later.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,332

AlmightyQUEST said:

Richard Haseltine said:

naughtyroad said:

Is this explicitly confirmed? If it is I can go back to ignoring all this but it's a sticking point for me and the language that I could find on the site currently is just vague enough about the source to be open for interpretation later.

It's a LoRAS (or LoRA, I am not sure if the S is aprt of the acronym or not) - but the part Daz has control over uses Daz-owned assets, yes - they were very clear about that from the outset.

• RyderRyder Posts: 20

Sorel said:

Yeah, still waiting for daz 5 and then we get this junk.

Literally.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,253
    edited April 3

i think if you look at what AI-artists actually use, they use multiple different LoRAs/control models etc.  And it's a very dynamic community-driven space.

I dont think any serious AI artist would even look at what the Daz AI developers are doing here as too restrictive and sits outside the ecosystem they use.  So will only appeal to captive Daz Studio audience, who probably wont like it because Daz users are culturally against AI...

Post edited by lilweep on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 110

Why is this a thing?

What a terrible waste of time, hope this goes soon like the NFT fad that Daz tried to get on 

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 145

Sad.  Jon Stewart did a very intelligent (and bitingly humorous) segment on AI this week.  Perhaps the saddest part of it all is how it replaces and displaces true creatives and artists and replaces them with "prompt engineers".  Soon, even they won't be needed...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,479
    edited April 3

it reminds of the arguments against synthesizers. All those guitar wielding, piano playing, drum thumping, and the rest, musicians , are still there creating. And using the synths

Post edited by daveso on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,453

It certainly works and the fact that training was on Daz3d Specific art gives it viability.

itworks-dazAI.jpg
    948 x 238 - 94K
  • ArtByMelArtByMel Posts: 22
    edited April 3

All the images I'm seeing here just look like every other AI generated image I've ever seen on the web. As in "yawn". There is just no creativity with AI generated images, just more of the same.

Post edited by ArtByMel on
  • PancakePancake Posts: 42

I gave this a try but it seems a bit behind the curve. The results are uncanny with warped eyes and faces. It might be viable at some point in the future but right now, stable diffusion is free, more varied, and I reckon everyone here has a GPU

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911

Pancake said:

I gave this a try but it seems a bit behind the curve. The results are uncanny with warped eyes and faces. It might be viable at some point in the future but right now, stable diffusion is free, more varied, and I reckon everyone here has a GPU

I do agree, I'm thinking the target audience for this service is very, very niche.  I am not sure who wants to heavily mimic the 3d render style when so many users are trying to get photorealism out of their renders.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,510
    edited April 3

FirstBastion said:

It certainly works and the fact that training was on Daz3d Specific art gives it viability.

Those look like pretty good results. I've been running my own renders through AI for a year now, so I'm hoping this can bring more consistency and recreations of existing DAZ content while giving us the things that AI does better than 3D (hair, backgrounds, clothing detail, etc). 

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,453

It does require a bit of prompt finnesse as all Ai generation does.

1stb-dazAI-quickprompts.jpg
    942 x 471 - 112K
  • FabeFabe Posts: 212

Yeah I'm opposed to this . telling a program what to make then saying you made it isn't any diffrent  then tell a huaman to draw you something then claiming you're artist.

Very nice. That's a good example of why some DAZ artists may like this idea; you just don't see pure 3D hair and clothing like that outside of Zbrush Central or from a pro at Artstation.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,819
    edited April 3

Just FYI, I updated the main post in this thread to add a link that some may find useful in regards to creating a prompt: https://blog.daz3d.com/daz-ai-studio-prompt-engineering-guide/

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,965
    edited April 3
    That last comment is why I'm still skeptical about how the images for training were sourced for this, despite what Richard already said. If the results are something that is outside of that can be achieved with the software and content DAZ owns, where did the images it's training on come from? I know Richard gave an answer, just hoping for some more transparency and detail officially coming from DAZ.
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on

One thing that concerns me is that on the AI page, it says "with other characters available for purchase from the store in the future that you can add to your account." So, we're going to have to basically purchase Loras instead of models? If they're a buck each or something, I can live with that, but if they're even remotely close to the price of an actual DAZ product, I don't know why anyone wouldn't just buy the model and run your render through another AI generator like I've been doing.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,460

RandWulf said:

Sad.  Jon Stewart did a very intelligent (and bitingly humorous) segment on AI this week.  Perhaps the saddest part of it all is how it replaces and displaces true creatives and artists and replaces them with "prompt engineers".  Soon, even they won't be needed..

I just watched it this morning

Lang: English
    • just
    • justice
    • justify
    • justified
    • justification

AlmightyQUEST said:

That last comment is why I'm still skeptical about how the images for training were sourced for this, despite what Richard already said. If the results are something that is outside of that can be achieved with the software and content DAZ owns, where did the images it's training on come from? I know Richard gave an answer, just hoping for some more transparency and detail officially coming from DAZ.

It sounds like the individual DAZ products were trained to be LoRAs, small AI models that are used alongside a primary one (a checkpoint) which is much larger and trained on many more images. That is what is adding all the additional details. What checkpoint(s) is being used (such as Juggernaut, Dreamshaper, etc), we don't know.

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 149
    edited April 3

daveso said:

it reminds of the arguments against synthesizers. All those guitar wielding, piano playing, drum thumping, and the rest, musicians , are still there creating. And using the synths

Don't try to compare apple to oranges. It doesn't work. Really.

Synths best features are sequencers and arpeggiators which allow two things that weren't possible before: 1) Writing music of any kind parametrically without knowing anything about complex music theory rules which slowed down production before; 2) They allow to create music that any human couldn't play with just two hands and ten fingers. It's really like having many robots with hands with many fingers playing any chords and scales at whatever speed.  ; Then of course they have many other useful features too.

The main point is the algorithms and math behind synths is a completely different matter, they were so useful when invented that the whole entertainment industry was completely changed. Without those algorithms all new sound effects and music in anything wouldn't have been possible.

On the other hand LLM algorithms are nothing more than chat bots from the IRC era and before that the BBS era put on steroids. At the time hardware was so limited that those algorithms weren't that effective but still the tech is not far different now despite huge datasets being created everywhere... it is just a bunch of statistics weights on logical trees being called neural networks or whatever. It still is just that. And that kind of algorithms have been so widely used in the industry for many things for decades without being called "AI" implying to having created "Skynet" ... which never happened and there is no AI and there is no Skynet. It's just marketing nonsense by very rich people to make money selling nothing new or nothing at all.

Algorithms for 2D/3D image generation based on parameters existed decades ago already. Anyone could just search for some research papers PDF and find out how old those algorithms really are before the AI hype nonsense. Neural networks and logical decision trees have been used on games for decades as well for NPCs mainly and although the AI term had been used there before no one with enough knowledge really ever thought of that as real AI .. but now many are acting on purpose I think like Skynet appeared  -- no it didn't happen.

Synths with their algorithms were a useful revolution and no real hype although then a proliferation of products in the industry where everyone wanted to monetize on it just ended up having all prices fall down in a few years.

LLMs are nothing really useful. On BBS and IRC chat bots weren't always that useful too.. widely used yes but even for creating online viruses actually... yep.

If the industry marketed LLMs as "all new smart search engines" .. then it would have been honest and better. Instead the AI nonsense hype has been created worldwide to make money quickly selling hot air. All AI hyped products are either old algorithms being re-marketed with the AI hype logo on them OR are just mostly useless and just hype.

Post edited by DarkS474 on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,819

I've also updated the main post now with some additional information and reorganized some things a bit. 

• generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 507
    edited April 3

I'd find it pretty cool if you would get the ai version too, whenever you buy a character. Whatever it'll bee, looks like a start.

Concerning environments, it looks like the idea really ist to make daz environments available, possibly outside of the promp, further you could do inpainting too. Certainly it'll be fleshed out, and certainly there will be some/more post processing and stuff.

It's beta and seems to have some direction. I'll probably be having a look...

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445
    edited April 3

I had to check to see if it was April 1st again - Or a delayed April 1st joke.

Looks interesting. But I'm sort of over AI now, and I've only just got back into using Daz Studio. Plus, I doubt I'd be able to use my own characters.

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Why is this discussion even in the commons when I see there is a whole AI forum for this?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,140
    I'm interested to see how this pans out. I have been surprised by the images generated at my prompts. Definitely calls for practice and user refinement. And I am fascinated by the twin tailed bipedal cat breed I've caught a glimpse of this evening. Regards, Richard.