Daz AI Studio Discussions

DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,818
edited April 4 in The Commons

Starting this thread so that you may ask any usage questions or discuss the new Daz AI Studio here.

Useful Links:
Daz AI Studio: https://www.daz3d.com/ai
New Daz AI Studio Forum: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/daz-ai-studio
Prompt Engineering Guide: https://blog.daz3d.com/daz-ai-studio-prompt-engineering-guide/
Show Us Your AI Generated Images: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/681011/show-us-your-daz-ai-studio-images

Of note: There will be an additional tutorial coming in the next day or so but we will try to help as best we can.

Small Tutorial:

More Information on the Gallery Changes:
You will now see multiple different Gallery Views: All - Traditional - AI Elements - AI Generated. You can choose which types of artwork you wish to browse or you can browse all of them. You will also find a new dropdown menu when you upload an image so you can say whether you did or didn't use AI and to what extent. 

Breakdown:
Traditional - Gallery area for 3D and 2D Artwork (Creating within applications like Daz Studio)
AI Elements - Gallery area for images that have a mix of 3D/Daz Studio Elements and AI Elements (Example: An AI generated background combined with characters etc rendered within Daz Studio)
AI Generated - Gallery area for images that are 100% AI Generated (Such as images that came out of Daz AI Studio etc)

More information is to come but please feel free to post any questions you have here heart

AI_A.png
1620 x 977 - 618K
AI_B.png
1620 x 977 - 647K
AI_C.png
1620 x 977 - 696K
Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,113

What is this? Is there a tutorial somewhere for what we're supposed to do?  

https://www.daz3d.com/ai-studio

• JB007JB007 Posts: 99

Looks basically like Daz Midjourney .. enter prompts get images looking like they've been rendered

• ElorElor Posts: 707

There is a new category dedicated to it in the forum:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/daz-ai-studio

A short tutorial is shown here:

https://www.daz3d.com/ai

Hmm. Not the most informative tutorial, but I guess I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

• JB007JB007 Posts: 99
    edited April 3

What's the purpose of this? I imagine most people here would rather have Daz 5 than have you waste time and resources on something that pretty much everybody here would be against : AI Art .. 

Post edited by JB007 on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

Yeah, still waiting for daz 5 and then we get this junk.

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911

Does it actually work?  I enter a prompt and generate and get a gray box. No progress bar, no image, no nothing.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410

butterflyfish said:

Hmm. Not the most informative tutorial, but I guess I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

They said there will be one in the coming days

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,341
    edited April 3

RobotHeadArt said:

Does it actually work?  I enter a prompt and generate and get a gray box. No progress bar, no image, no nothing.

Same here. I'm not sure what am doing wrong. Maybe we need some better instructions. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,307
    edited April 3

This was my first try: "michael dressed as clown in a circus"

It is an image I wanted a few months ago, but most of the images created in other engines the clown was really creepy, which is not what I wanted. At least in this image the clown looks friendly. I am a bit disappointed though that the character is on a plain background, rather than in a circus, as I had requested.

dazai_c448d3dc-f1e7-11ee-8f4c-8de68b29fa88.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by Havos on
    edited April 3

Charlie Judge said:

RobotHeadArt said:

Same here. I'm not sure what am doing wrong. Maybe we need some better instructions. 

It does nothing for a quite a while before you get an image.

dazai_01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 176K
    Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,818

RobotHeadArt said:

It can take awhile for the image to generate so you may need to give it a few. That said, we are taking a look.

Thanks. A progress bar would be helpful.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410

Just mentioned that to them, and we agree.

Is there any way to see how many of the free generations you have used vs not used?

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 478
    edited April 3

Are you sure that's Victoria 9? Poor dragon with only 1 wing.

dazai woman riding dragon in the clouds.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by Shimrian on

So it finally generated an image but refreshing the page clears the generation history which I thought would be saved.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,617
    edited April 3

I would also vote in favor of getting ds5 over this ai thing. And with that I shall leave this thread.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • It's web based? Are there plans to incorporate this into Daz Studio? It's hugely missing the point if not, imo. The opportunity for Daz in AI is to incorporate it into Daz Studio's workflow as a tool. As a complete web product, it's no better than the countless other offers out there. That's me trying to be kind.

Hopefully this is the first step, because if it remains web only, it's dead on arrival.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,241

It's unclear what the value proposition is here, when considered alongside other AI image generators.  I dont know that much about AI, but other generators I have seen seem to have more controls for prompts (positive and negative prompts).  Here it seems the AI uses products as constraints as a way to support users when prompt-wrangling, because heaven forbid someone has to type in a few prompts to get what they want.

Im curious how the model is trained to use products to influence prompts. I guess it was just fed multiple renders of the products, maybe even just promo renders. Or I suppose it's just image-to-image generator.

Anyway, if you go to various AI image generator sites, they seem like a very vital space where openness and cross-pollination is valuable. Not sure Daz's close-fisted nature will serve them well with AI.  If they were delivering something unique and amazing already, it would be another story but I guess I just wonder whether this was worth it, since there's already so much out there. Also seems kind of cannibalistic to focus on AI rather than 3D asset production.  Making Daz more integrated with Blender or gaming engines seems like a more logical direction, but I guess Daz's strategic decisions have often been confusing lately.

dazai_9983204a-f1eb-11ee-9b2a-7d4410e2f198.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    dazai_4c44d2c4-f1eb-11ee-8f4c-8de68b29fa88 (1).png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    dazai_97f5cd40-f1eb-11ee-8f4c-8de68b29fa88.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,256
    "Image to Image: Upload an image and use it as a starting point for the generator to build off of" Are users on the honor system in terms of uploading images when it comes to usage rights?
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I just got grey boxes.

IMG_1294.png
    2732 x 2048 - 295K
  • naughtyroadnaughtyroad Posts: 39
    edited April 3

Urgh, more AI. sad They better not have used my gallery entries (such as they are) to train this abomination. I'm taking my gallery down now.

Post edited by naughtyroad on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049

butterflyfish said:

Thanks. A progress bar would be helpful.

There is one, at the bottom of the image space, but it taks a long time for the first increment to appear. Threw me at first.

• Heads up that I cleared out my Daz cache to fix a GDPR pop-up issue I was having, but it seems to have cleared my generated image history too?

naughtyroad said:

Urgh, more AI. sad They better not have used my gallery entries (such as they are) to train this abomination. I'm taking my gallery down now.

It used only Daz-owned art for the training, not PA or general member art.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,818

I've added a small tutorial to help get people started. Hope it helps smiley

• naughtyroadnaughtyroad Posts: 39

Richard Haseltine said:

naughtyroad said:

It used only Daz-owned art for the training, not PA or general member art.

Cheers, thanks for clearing that up. 

Torquinox said:

I would also vote in favor of getting ds5 over this ai thing. And with that I shall leave this thread.

Different development teams, the DS people did not work on the AI.

Richard Haseltine said:

Torquinox said:

Different development teams, the DS people did not work on the AI.

So does that mean they're still working on DS5, then?