Daz AI Studio Discussions

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,822

Siciliano1969 said:

Masterstroke said:

I don't want to be misunderstood. I am not entirely against AI, I am just against generative AI.
    some things in DAZ studio renders are hard to achieve, like realistic hair.
    It would have been great to have an AI filter to give the hair the last mile of realism, the same with skin. what is neede is the last touch up of realism. That's where AI is useful in DS.
    The king discipline would be joint bending. As far as I know, it exists already in the UnrealEngine and MetaHumans.
    THIS would be the path to go. 

My workflow has been use Gen 8 or 9, do a pose and render in Iray.  I then bring my render to Leonardo Ai using the img to img (set to 90% image guidance) and a simple prompt and my original 3d render looks photoreal.  It really does keep a very similar look to my original character but the eyes, hair, skin etc look like a photo.  This is the direction I wish DAZ would follow where you can use photoreal or other render styles.  I actually like this better than outright prompt to image.  Only problem is if you want to get a bit of NSFW than you are out of luck on most web based AI apps.   

i don't mind "NSFW",
    as long as the app is not web or cloud based and MY work remains MY work legaly.

• Siciliano1969Siciliano1969 Posts: 433

Masterstroke said:

Siciliano1969 said:

Masterstroke said:

I don't want to be misunderstood. I am not entirely against AI, I am just against generative AI.
    some things in DAZ studio renders are hard to achieve, like realistic hair.
    It would have been great to have an AI filter to give the hair the last mile of realism, the same with skin. what is neede is the last touch up of realism. That's where AI is useful in DS.
    The king discipline would be joint bending. As far as I know, it exists already in the UnrealEngine and MetaHumans.
    THIS would be the path to go. 

My workflow has been use Gen 8 or 9, do a pose and render in Iray.  I then bring my render to Leonardo Ai using the img to img (set to 90% image guidance) and a simple prompt and my original 3d render looks photoreal.  It really does keep a very similar look to my original character but the eyes, hair, skin etc look like a photo.  This is the direction I wish DAZ would follow where you can use photoreal or other render styles.  I actually like this better than outright prompt to image.  Only problem is if you want to get a bit of NSFW than you are out of luck on most web based AI apps.   

i don't mind "NSFW",
    as long as the app is not web or cloud based and MY work remains MY work legaly.

I'm definately fine with NSFW.  My wish would be to have my locally installed DAZ studio render to the degree of photorealism I get in Leonardo AI based upon my characters, scene etc.  Maybe the DAZ AI render system would be trained on images or images of hair, skin, etc paid for by DAZ.  We may disagree on the why for the web based apps, but mine is mainly on being limited on what I am allowed to create.  I would much prefer a program installed on my personal PC with the freedom DAZ studio gives me in creating.  

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Can I take a character or scene I've already rendered and get AI Studio to alter it for me? If so, how would I go about doing that?

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,578

inquire said:

Can I take a character or scene I've already rendered and get AI Studio to alter it for me? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Not until/unless features like img2img, controlNet, upScale/enhance, etc. are implemented.

- Greg 

Thanks for answering. That's what I figured. I'd be more interested in starting with my own render, and then having AI develop it. It does seem like it's more in a Beta stage here.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,747

inquire said:

Thanks for answering. That's what I figured. I'd be more interested in starting with my own render, and then having AI develop it. It does seem like it's more in a Beta stage here.

You can take your renders into Facetune, a selfie enhancer mobile app with a lot of cool AI effects including changing makeup, hair styles and color, clothes and a lot more! It's a paid app but I think there's a free trial on it and I think it's totally worth it for renders AND your own photos. 

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 168

The DAZ AI is lightyears away from Midjourney, which I use in conjunction with DAZ. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,067

inquire said:

It does seem like it's more in a Beta stage here.

Which is prettly logical as it is a beta wink

Yeah, I knew it was a Beta. I meant really, really Beta. Maybe a little Alpha. But the way they advertise the AI Studio, makes it look like it's at least in version 1.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Beta or not, it has a LOT of catching up to do if Daz wants this to be taken seriously in this field. Practically all of the other AI generators out there offer significantly more options and features than what DazAI offers. Many of these other options are also in beta themselves. While Daz is making some promises that they are going to improve this thing, these are only promises. That is a hard sell IMO. There is no guarantee that any of these features will come to pass, nor is there any guarantee that these features will work particularly well. As it stands, DazAI can only sell itself based upon its current state, and it is severely lacking in its current form. This being a beta is not an excuse or shield from criticism. Also, there is no timeline given on when this full release is coming.

Anybody who has played with AI for even a little bit is going to feel extremely limited by DazAI. Like me. I have only sporadically messed around with AI generators out of curiosity and even I feel immediately limited by this DazAI. It needs image to image with inpainting ASAP to even be remotely passable. People can already use any number of red haired freckled girl loras for Stable Diffusion and create images of a Victoria 9 style character consistently with other AI generators. Or any number of different characters. Even fairly obscure characters and real people have loras dedicated to them on CivitAI, which honestly is a bit frightening. But regardless of legality, the point remains that these options are out there on the largest AI website. And as I pointed out before, you can run these online, so you do not need a powerful computer. You can make the choice of running them locally or online, which is not a choice that DazAI offers.

If you run an AI generator on line, how safe is that in terms of picking up viruses? Is there a real danger of getting a virus or Trojan Horse?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337

inquire said:

If you run an AI generator on line, how safe is that in terms of picking up viruses? Is there a real danger of getting a virus or Trojan Horse?

No different from anything else at Daz, it isn't visiting random sites or running local code from random developers.

edited April 19

what if you're running an AI generator that isn't on the DAZ site? That's what I meant. Is there a risk of Picking up a virus or Trojan horse then?

Post edited by inquire on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337

inquire said:

what if you're running an AI generator that isn't on the DAZ site? That's what I meant. Is there a risk of Picking up a virus or Trojan horse then?

If you are thiunking generally then of course it is, again, the same as with anything - check that the site at least seems legitimate, if in doubt leave it  (entirely or for a while, then check its reputastion again later).

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681

I would love it if I could use my DAZ assets with DAZ ai. I'm happy to have to purchase them as DNA for a DAZ AI generation. But right now the renders are rife with bad ai faces and hands. We haven't seen this in MidJourney for more than a year. It is so significantly behind Midjorney or even Dall-e 3 that it is hard to image that they will catch up.

I prefer using DAZ studio to set everything up manually, but that days at least a day. In that time I can generate 100s of Midjourney images with a success rate of 25%. It's hard to justify that amount of time. Waht I would be willing to pay for is Midjourney Still references or character references.It could be a way to get money back to the artist that the AI trained on.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Granville said:

I would love it if I could use my DAZ assets with DAZ ai. I'm happy to have to purchase them as DNA for a DAZ AI generation. But right now the renders are rife with bad ai faces and hands. We haven't seen this in MidJourney for more than a year. It is so significantly behind Midjorney or even Dall-e 3 that it is hard to image that they will catch up.

I prefer using DAZ studio to set everything up manually, but that days at least a day. In that time I can generate 100s of Midjourney images with a success rate of 25%. It's hard to justify that amount of time. Waht I would be willing to pay for is Midjourney Still references or character references.It could be a way to get money back to the artist that the AI trained on.

I've been playing around with the DAZ Ai image generator for a couple of days or so. I like the simple, straightforward user interface but, as has already been noted, it's very poor at rendering faces. I have far too many renders that look really good apart a hideously distorted face. 

From what I've been able to ascertain, Midjourney looks a good deal trickier to set up and use.  Also, do you know how much it costs?

Cheers,

Alex. 

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,785

DAZ's AI may seem behind the curve now (and it is), but in a year or fives time the difference would hardly be seen.

You have to start somewhere and somewhen, and then grow. I am glad daz is starting now and working towards something for the future rather than sitting back and waiting to see what will come. Being proactive is a strong point for any company who wants to survive technological advances.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    edited April 25

alexhcowley said:

Granville said:

I've been playing around with the DAZ Ai image generator for a couple of days or so. I like the simple, straightforward user interface but, as has already been noted, it's very poor at rendering faces. I have far too many renders that look really good apart a hideously distorted face. 

From what I've been able to ascertain, Midjourney looks a good deal trickier to set up and use.  Also, do you know how much it costs?

Cheers,

Alex. 

I haven't really seen to many distorted faces, just lots of ones lacking detail, either due to using DAZ figures as references or the limited resolution. I think it does well for good, basic images that you can take into any editor that has AI also and add details or upscale (see examples) Hopefully once they implement the upscaling and image to image, it will be a game changer

DAZ AI vanilla

Upscaled and enhanced

cowboy3.png
    1152 x 896 - 1M
    cowboy3big.png
    2304 x 1792 - 5M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
    edited April 28

Many thanks to @rawart and @FSMCDesigns for their helpful comments. 

I've spent the last couple of days evaluating various Ai render engines and I'm moving forwards with the Daz option. It has by far the simplest and easiest to use interface and, like Mike above, I've concluded that the distorted face issue isn't as big a problem as it first appeared to be. 

Attached below are four of my spawn.

Cheers,

Alex.

dazai_b6a864a6-0405-11ef-b9de-e9c8be489245.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 240K
    dazai_962d81e8-0405-11ef-a77b-a702dcdfccf3.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 224K
    dazai_9e06ed32-049b-11ef-b9df-e9c8be489245.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 298K
    dazai_0c38b1d8-031a-11ef-8700-839ee3fbe9f2.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 311K
    Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,351

I never noticed any deformation in portraits either; DazAI works perfectly in this respect. BUT:

In long shots, for example, if you get a profile with three lips, a person with huge, ragged-looking hands or a ballet dancer with four (!) legs, that IS a problem. Just yesterday I had a series of images that DazAI composed beautifully. I would have loved to keep them - if most of the people hadn't been so horribly deformed.

I would love to know if I can help alleviate this problem with my prompts. I'm already using maximum strictness for the presets. But I can't just produce portraits...

caravelle said:

I never noticed any deformation in portraits either; DazAI works perfectly in this respect. BUT:

In long shots, for example, if you get a profile with three lips, a person with huge, ragged-looking hands or a ballet dancer with four (!) legs, that IS a problem. Just yesterday I had a series of images that DazAI composed beautifully. I would have loved to keep them - if most of the people hadn't been so horribly deformed.

I would love to know if I can help alleviate this problem with my prompts. I'm already using maximum strictness for the presets. But I can't just produce portraits...

For close ups, try using phrases like "close up of head and shoulders" in your prompts.  Ai art involves a lot of trial and error, unfortunately but I seem to be getting less distortions now I've generated hundreds of images.  

Cheers,

Alex. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,351

Thank you, alexhcowley. As I said, the problem does not arise with portraits/close ups, but with long shots, which then always become a matter of luck.

That there is a lot of trial and error in this phase is clear and understandable. Okay, then you just make the next attempt. Sometimes the results are also very funny. It is only annoying if an otherwise perfect picture is messed up by these distortions. 

How does Daz actually get feedback on the results we achieve with the program? Only through the forums? This feedback would be important for further development.

caravelle said:

Thank you, alexhcowley. As I said, the problem does not arise with portraits/close ups, but with long shots, which then always become a matter of luck.

That there is a lot of trial and error in this phase is clear and understandable. Okay, then you just make the next attempt. Sometimes the results are also very funny. It is only annoying if an otherwise perfect picture is messed up by these distortions. 

How does Daz actually get feedback on the results we achieve with the program? Only through the forums? This feedback would be important for further development.

This thread was launched by DAZ Ann so hopefully she will be keeping an eye on it.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,453

the sound of inevitability...

I haven't tried even a single image here. Let me see if I understand the steps: 1 Select either G9 male or G9 female; 2 Enter prompts; 3 Click to generate.

Is that it? If I think it's taking too long, may I just quit and get out of it quickly?

As I enter prompts, may I ask for clothing, scenery, props, lighting, poses?

inquire said:

I haven't tried even a single image here. Let me see if I understand the steps: 1 Select either G9 male or G9 female; 2 Enter prompts; 3 Click to generate.

Is that it? If I think it's taking too long, may I just quit and get out of it quickly?

As I enter prompts, may I ask for clothing, scenery, props, lighting, poses?

You don't need to select one of the offered figures. Simply describe the character you want.

Cheers,

Alex. 

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,994
    edited April 28

In case anyone's interested: DAZ A.I. Studio : An in-depth review of the beta, Sun, May 5 - https://digitalartlive.com/event/daz-ai-studio-an-in-depth-review/

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,453

There are forum threads dedicated to showing images and the prompts that help make them,  and any member here can sign in a try DAZAI for free.  It is very straight forward to use.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/681011/show-us-your-daz-ai-studio-images

• I find funny how some anti-AI people can be, rejecting it entirely not matter how it is used. And that's the thing, as with any other tool it can be used wrongly. I don't see anyone banning hammers and I'd bet it's a really popular "crime of passion" weapon. Personally, I've been using my own local installation of Stable Diffusion to generate scenes and characters for inspiration and references. Heck, even when I have a somewhat clear idea for a character I can make a god-awful drawing of it and refine it there into something usable. It's much quicker than aimlessly trying out skins and morphs, specially when you have so many. So I'm kind of interested in Daz AI since it's even more fine tuned to Daz stuff, I haven't tried it out yet but I imagine I could generate quickly images with stuff I already own, test combinations quickly and then use them as references when making them in Daz, making the process faster.

I'll try it out soon and then decide if it works well enough for getting a sub and integrating it into my workflow. Being online does have its issues but also means you can use it while using Daz since you are not using your own card.

• mazinkaiserzero said:

I find funny how some anti-AI people can be, rejecting it entirely not matter how it is used. And that's the thing, as with any other tool it can be used wrongly. I don't see anyone banning hammers and I'd bet it's a really popular "crime of passion" weapon. Personally, I've been using my own local installation of Stable Diffusion to generate scenes and characters for inspiration and references. Heck, even when I have a somewhat clear idea for a character I can make a god-awful drawing of it and refine it there into something usable. It's much quicker than aimlessly trying out skins and morphs, specially when you have so many. So I'm kind of interested in Daz AI since it's even more fine tuned to Daz stuff, I haven't tried it out yet but I imagine I could generate quickly images with stuff I already own, test combinations quickly and then use them as references when making them in Daz, making the process faster.

I'll try it out soon and then decide if it works well enough for getting a sub and integrating it into my workflow. Being online does have its issues but also means you can use it while using Daz since you are not using your own card.

Probably worth trying it out rather than speculating. It's currently no different to what's already out there, just a bit less fidelity exactly because it has been trained on Daz assets.

Until it's in Daz Studio as a tool rather than a full generator, I struggle to see any future for it.