MEC4D's celebration ( with freebies ) [commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited July 2015

You could link the image from your gallery as I did bellow

thanks for sharing ! it is not my best freebie work as I do it so quick and it could be better especially the weight maps  .. but glad you like it 

barbult said:

I am so impressed with the quality of these birthday gifts from you to us! Thank you again. I am having fun rendering with them. Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Girls Just want to have fun by Barbult

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited July 2015

My 25 years old daughter is totally in love with the 80s , she got some artistic skills as well free spirit ;) in short ...mini me

Thank you for the wishes  !

Happy belated birthday! Thanks very much for the great freebies. 

On a loosely related note, for fun I've been showing old 80s music videos to my 9 year old daughter and she finds them absolutely hilarious.  "Look, this one has a bunch of curtains moving in the wind too! Did they do that in all music videos in the 80s?"  But if you want to see a giggle fest, watch "Total Eclipse of the Heart" with a kid sometime!

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I tried to link the image from my gallery, but it just put in the link and not the image. How do I get the image to display instead of just the link?

MEC4D said:

thanks for sharing ! it is not my best freebie work as I do it so quick and it could be better especially the weight maps  .. but glad you like it 

barbult said:

I am so impressed with the quality of these birthday gifts from you to us! Thank you again. I am having fun rendering with them.

edited July 2015

Click the add Image command and put the URL inside the first tab and add title and OK  , don't put the url in the second tab or you get just a link

but before that you need to copy the Image URL from the gallery , just go to the gallery and right click open image in new window, then copy the URL of the image and use it

what you did was putting the URL to your gallery submission page

barbult said:

I tried to link the image from my gallery, but it just put in the link and not the image. How do I get the image to display instead of just the link?

MEC4D said:

barbult said:

I am so impressed with the quality of these birthday gifts from you to us! Thank you again. I am having fun rendering with them.

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    It also helps if it is to the image itself -- right-click, copy image address or whatever equivalent is in your browser -- and paste that, not the link up in address bar. :)
  • erik leemanerik leeman Posts: 262
    edited July 2015

Happy anniversary Cath!

And thank you very much for the outfits, looking forward to see the 'Miami' suits!

Speaking of Miami, for all the tinkerers out there: here's a link to a rather nice Ferrari Daytona RagTop on 3dwarehouse (.skp SketchUp format) by B. Panyawat

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u4e4ec319-4212-4643-9108-550a1b91b052

Unfortunately it has been treated rather badly by its last owner, so it needs a bit of tender loving care to look right again.

Give it a new set of wheels, put the steering back to where it belongs, take off the added exhaust pipes, and get rid of the silenced .45 stashed in the boot.

Quite a bit of work, but it really is a nice car that's worth putting some effort in for some nice vice scenes : )

Cheers!

Erik

Ferrari_365_GTS4_Cabrio.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 205K
    Post edited by erik leeman on
    edited July 2015

I tried to fix my attached gallery image to show the picture, but now it is HUGE and has a bunch of garbage text after it. I guess I still need more advice. angry

OK, I found out how to resize it smaller and got rid of the garbage text. The garbage came from having Greasemonkey enabled.

Post edited by barbult on
  • The garbage text appears to be your signature - what is emant to be there?

The garbage text appears to be your signature - what is emant to be there?

I don't have a signature. I believe the "garbage" text was inserted by Greasemonkey. I guess I accidently enabled it when I meant to click on another icon. As soon as I disabled it, the problem went away.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Happy anniversary Cath!

And thank you very much for the outfits, looking forward to see the 'Miami' suits!

Speaking of Miami, for all the tinkerers out there: here's a link to a rather nice Ferrari Daytona RagTop on 3dwarehouse (.skp SketchUp format) by B. Panyawat

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u4e4ec319-4212-4643-9108-550a1b91b052

Unfortunately it has been treated rather badly by its last owner, so it needs a bit of tender loving care to look right again.

Give it a new set of wheels, put the steering back to where it belongs, take off the added exhaust pipes, and get rid of the silenced .45 stashed in the boot.

Quite a bit of work, but it really is a nice car that's worth putting some effort in for some nice vice scenes : )

Cheers!

Erik

I passed on that one...it did look like too much work.  Plus it didn't want to export cleanly for me, there was more than average clean up. 

• Glad I was able to find you in these new forums.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

What happened to the suit? smiley

still work in progress , busy with other stuff right now .. I may go back to it in the weekend  

What happened to the suit? smiley

Ah here you are ! :) nice ! stay tuned ! 

Glad I was able to find you in these new forums.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,633
    edited July 2015

I absolutely love this hair! It renders so nicely! smiley Thank you again! 

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

Cool one ! thanks for sharing !  

I absolutely love this hair! It renders so nicely! smiley Thank you again! 

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Amazing outfits and hair.  Thank you so much, and Happy (Belated) Birthday! laugh

Thank you very much @sapat  

sapat said:

Amazing outfits and hair.  Thank you so much, and Happy (Belated) Birthday! laugh

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    MBusch said:

MBusch said:

Here is the metadata for the G2F version of the 4Th Dress. In fact, below are the links for all freebies metadata as DIM installers. Just download and drop the files in your DIM's download folder to get them installed with DIM, or if you prefer extract the content manually and drop the files in your Content>Runtime>Support folder to import them using the Database Maintenance function in DS.

Thanks to Scavenger for making them DIM installable,

- Mec4D 80's Gymset G2FMetaData.zip
    - 80's Girls Want Just Have a Fun Outfit
    - 4th7 Dress G3F
    - 4th7 Dress G2F

Do I just put these files alone into the DIM download folder or is there supposed to be 2 files for each item? All the files I have in my download folder have both a zip and a dsx file

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

The files get put in the Runtime> Support folder. 

RAMWolff said:

Now I am more confused...the info I quoted says put in DIM download folder,  I want to know if those files include both metadata and the actual product or if I need the original products I downloaded already.  Now you are saying put them in runtime/ support folder...which is it?  I assumed they should show up in  DIM as new purchases as if I jsut bought them by putting in the download folder

edited July 2015

That are just metadata , put it in the DIM zip of the products you downloaded 

the last underwater hair freebie have it all complete 

Kharma said:
    RAMWolff said:

Now I am more confused...the info I quoted says put in DIM download folder,  I want to know if those files include both metadata and the actual product or if I need the original products I downloaded already.  Now you are saying put them in runtime/ support folder...which is it?  I assumed they should show up in  DIM as new purchases as if I jsut bought them by putting in the download folder

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Kharma said:
    RAMWolff said:

In the DIM download folder...or as I did, ADD another folder to the DIM's list of download folders (in this case I named it Mec4d, but it could be nonstore or something like that).   You just need to add that folder to the list, using the Options.

Ok got it figured out, you have to copy both the metadata zip and the product zip to the download folder then they both show up in DIM ready to install, altho now it shows as 2 zips and 2 dsx files in my DIM download folder, 2 for the product and 2 for the metadata.  Oh well I may not understand how it works as long as it works :)

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    Kharma said:
    MBusch said:
    Here is the metadata for the G2F version of the 4Th Dress. In fact, below are the links for all freebies metadata as DIM installers. Just download and drop the files in your DIM's download folder to get them installed with DIM, or if you prefer extract the content manually and drop the files in your Content>Runtime>Support folder to import them using the Database Maintenance function in DS.
    MBusch said:

Thanks to Scavenger for making them DIM installable,

- Mec4D 80's Gymset G2FMetaData.zip
    - 80's Girls Want Just Have a Fun Outfit
    - 4th7 Dress G3F
    - 4th7 Dress G2F

Do I just put these files alone into the DIM download folder or is there supposed to be 2 files for each item? All the files I have in my download folder have both a zip and a dsx file

Just put them on your DIM downloads folder if you use DIM to install your products. Install them with DIM exactly as you usually do with any product. DIM will create the dsx file automatically. If you don't use DIM just extract the content and move it to /Your DAZ Content/Runtime/Support

• SuliSuli Posts: 2

I'm new to Daz Studio, and I wanted to thank you for the gifts. Happy Birthdaykiss

• Angela3DAngela3D Posts: 77

Ahh I thought this post had disappeared! Glad I found it!! smiley

Yes I did that, but you have to copy both files to DIM Downloads  eg:  IM07042015-01_4th7DressG3F.zip and IM07042015-01_4th7DressG3FMetadata.zip so you get the product and metadata installed with DIM. That;s the part I was asking about and wasn't comprehending the different answers.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited July 2015

I made it through the wilderness.....

I made a rudimentary belt plaque prop in Hexagon. If anyone wants it, you can download the Daz Studio scene file from my gallery upload. You'll need to scale it and parent it. http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/77146/

Post edited by Timbales on
  • scathascatha Posts: 756

Nice work, Tim.  :)

Cath, you're most welcome, young lady. (even though it's just by a few years)  :D

I enjoyed this thread a lot and will stay tuned.