The Mac FAQ

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,493
    edited December 1969

It should have asked first time it ran.
    To allow click on the padlock in the settings panel, authorize, then click the [+] button and navigate to it. Add it, save the settings and try to DAZ Studio again and see if it now is allowed to run and open ports.

• absolute_seraphimabsolute_seraphim Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

I allowed it, but it didn't add anything to the list of programs allowed, and nothing changed in DAZ.

edited December 1969

To be sure the FW is the problem, shut it down, reboot, then try DS, it if works, then you know what the problem is, if not, then it has to be with the cms installation itself.

edited December 1969

It didn't work with it rebooted, nor off. I even tried with the FW off and hitting Start CMS in the Smart Panel.

So how do I fix the cms installation?

edited December 1969

Do you get any interesting CMS related information in the console.app looking at the system.log?

edited December 1969

I don't know how to check that.

edited December 1969

In DAZ Studio, go to [Menu] Help->TroubleShooting->View Logfile (for the DAZ studio logfile)

Console.app is located in /Applications/Utilities
    Start it and then start DAZ Studio, You can filter on postgres.

edited December 1969

OK, it fails to connect, most probably because it's not started.

I feel like a dead end here as it's hard to figure out the problem without the proper information.
    If you select the postgres binary in /Applications/DAZ3D/PostgreSQL CMS/bin and do Cmd+I (get Info), and open "more info" and screen shot that..

edited December 1969

It's not in my Applications folder.

edited December 1969

/Applications/DAZ 3D/PostgreSQL CMS/bin

Same parent folder as DAZ Studio

edited December 1969

Was that incorrect?

edited December 1969

Sorry, it shows that it is started, which means it's stopped, blocked or both.

edited December 1969

How do I fix it?

edited December 1969

Any way to fix it?

edited December 1969

You need to figure out what is blocking it, I can't do that by guessing, sorry.

• Greetings,

...And thank you for your time!  Hoping for some help with my situation.  I recently switched from PC to a MacBook Pro.  Aside from the "unlearning curve" of processes simplifying, I have run into a very frustrating situation with Victoria 6 and Poser Pro 2014.  Delighted as I was that BOTH my online purchases were available to my new mac, I cannot seem to successfully get them working.  After getting V6 installed (the first time) I was able to use her minimally.  Posing and rendering, but no morphs.  Also, whe I would try to load a save file, she appears outlined, only to have her texture stay in the orignal pose while her outline is the only thing I can manipulate.  Attempts at rendering result in the original saved pose, regardless of changes made.

...Onto part two of my dilemma.  I have poured over the forums, reading post after post, not yet finding any solution to my situation.  Frustrated, I uninstalled and re-installed everything (Poser 2014, V6 & Genesis 2, and DSON importer as well).  NOW, I cannot even get V6 (or any other DSON item) to show up in my Poser runtime...

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much!

png
    png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 6.28.59 PM.png

Hello,

Poser question, tricky. I'll try to grab a Poser person to reply, but I haven't played with G2, in Poser. I gave up as it was not really fun. But all things shpuld work as expected, but Poser sometimes behaves rather strange .

• Totte said:

Hello,

Poser question, tricky. I'll try to grab a Poser person to reply, but I haven't played with G2, in Poser. I gave up as it was not really fun. But all things shpuld work as expected, but Poser sometimes behaves rather strange .

Totte,

Much thanks for your attention!  I am happy to report that, after many hours of playing with settings in Poser, DIM, and trying manual install...  DIM install...  I finally have success with V6 in Poser.  Sadly, I don't quite know what changes made the difference... but, I am now able to place and pose her, save and re-open with no issues.  

Thanks again! 

Great to hear - One thing is important, that the PoserDSON Files are accessible from Poser and not only from DS, if yoi have several Runtimes, Poser needs to find them all.

• I posted this above, so apologies for the repetition, but it looks like a lot of folks are still having this problem. Because its a simple problem to fix, and because nothing else will work if this has gone wrong, this should be your _first_ stop with a Mac that can't see its content on an external drive

"When your content isn't showing up, troubleshoot this"

Missing content on external drives -- a solution to one problem (multiple mount points)

I store my content on an external drive, and every so often it goes missing.

Until now, I've not known what was wrong, just rebooted, reimported and restarted until it seemed to get fixed.

I've just figured it out, and its a common Mac problem, and this solution may be useful to other folks with external drives.

The problem lies in the fact that if OSX doesn't properly unmount a drive before its disconnected, or in certain crash situations, it may create duplicate mount points. That is you'll have /external drive (which crashed), and the next time you mount, it will mount as /external drive 1, and so on. Problem being, DAZ will look for content on the crashed /external drive volume, which won't respond.

you fix this by

1) unmount and disconnect external drive

2) in finder, CMD-Shft-G

3) go to /Volumes

4) look for duplicate mount points, and if they exist, delete them.

Now when you mount the external drive, it will be where it should be, and Daz will see it.

• BraincellsBraincells Posts: 42
    edited August 2015

I've splashed out on Beautiful Skins for iRay. In the tutorial there is a mention of Control + Click on a preset and brings up the 'Material Preset Load Option' contextual menu this works only on PC. I've tried every key  combo but this menu does not come on MAC. Any hints?

Post edited by Braincells on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

COMMAND + click

• Hey I would love to uninstall everything and just start over, any advice? I cant find the uninstallers anywhere.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Hey I would love to uninstall everything and just start over, any advice? I cant find the uninstallers anywhere.

How did you install them?

• SerjSerj Posts: 12
    edited August 2015

Hello all!

Don't sure it's Mac specific problem. But...

DAZ Studio 4.8, Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.4). Animation of the camera. Camera should jump every 35 frames. So setting Y position of the camera on the first frame, setting the same position on 35th frame, different (higher value) in the 40th frame, same value as in the first frame in the 45 frame etc. (animation repeating). But between 1 and 35 frames camera slowly goes down (to approximately value of 6 by Y axis) and then retuning back. How I could avoid such behavior?

P.S. Forgot to mention - 1st frame, 35th frame, 40th frame, 45th frame is keyframes of course. Maybe it is essential for solution. Thank you!

P.P.S. To make things clear - for 1st frame Y position parameter is 8. For 35th - 8. 40th - 15, 45th - 8. Between 1st and 35th frames camera moving along Y axis by it self despite of there is similar positions in 1st and 35th frames. It is the main problem.

P.P.P.S. Sorry for my English. It's not my native language.

Thanks in advance for help!

Post edited by Serj on
  • On Mac OSX Yosemite, I installed Bryce Lightning and it just crashes upon opening (I have yet to see the inside of the program!). It shows me the splash page and then *boop* I'm back to my desktop like I never opened the app in the first place.

• Ok so I just saw the reason why it crashes...apparently it doesn't work with any version of MAC above 10.7 and im running 10.10. 

Has anyone created an update for this program so Yosemite users can use it?

Sorry, Bruyce and Bryce Lightning are not running on OS X 10.7 or above. There are seveal reasons.