Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part IV

Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
edited November 2015 in The Commons

Due to a big ole glitch, the Show Us Your Iray Renders, Part IV got merged with another.  We apologize and have attempted to separate and make the two threads whole again.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited June 2015

Previous iteration of the Render Thread was here

bohemian3 said:
    This product renders beautifully with no adjustments needed !! Terrific work on this. Great place to study the different types physical materials set up.

http://www.daz3d.com/comfort-living-room

Thanks for the review and recommendation. I know you were looking for products with PBR materials. Does this product have that?
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...was trying to post comment while the thread was being split

MEC4D said:

The color will come from the Environment map you use as regularly the water has no intense color beside of some locations on earth but you can always add color under the refraction
    I think I will build a scene with physical proportions and ground bellow , one thing I wish that the materials are animated like in Poser and Carrara I really miss it

going to setup the scene now will let you know when I am done

StevieC said:
    MEC4D said:
    Beside the displacement or whatever it is used on the surface the rest is completely out of proportions
    let me make you something Stevie .. you wanna big waves or small ? show me some references what you have on your mind and I will setup for you something quickly

StevieC said:
    A little off topic, or, maybe not......anyone out there tried JeffersonAF's Iray Shaders now available at Renderosity? I'm thinking of purchasing, primarily for the Liquid Shaders, as I can't seem to get a decent water render out of Iray, for the Life of me! Found here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=110205

Wow! Didn't expect that! Something as calm as the first image, but with more depth and color. like the second.....don't even know if that's possible.....I have tried the dispersive water in Iray with caustics on, but not getting the desired effect......and Thank you!
    ...I'd like to try and get this particular effect.

Drazica-beach-610x457.jpg
    610 x 457 - 86K
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited June 2015

barbult said:

bohemian3 said:
    This product renders beautifully with no adjustments needed !! Terrific work on this. Great place to study the different types physical materials set up.

Thanks for the review and recommendation. I know you were looking for products with PBR materials. Does this product have that?

There are only diffuse and bump maps included with this product - thought interesting study on what you can do with only those two maps. no roughness, occlusion, or normal maps. I'm not expert enough to say if the diffuse are pure 'albedo' but they have only color information - no bump or lighting info baked in. Hope that helps.

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

bohemian3 said:
    barbult said:

bohemian3 said:

There are only diffuse and bump maps included with this product - thought interesting study on what you can do with only those two maps. no roughness, occlusion, or normal maps. I'm not expert enough to say if the diffuse are pure 'albedo' but they have only color information - no bump or lighting info baked in. Hope that helps.Thanks for that information. It is helpful. Your render looks nice.

• 8eos88eos8 Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

Something new I've been working on...

shunyata.jpg
    1618 x 1000 - 1M
  • aaron575aaron575 Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

8eos8 said:
    Very nice, great atmospheric effect from the sun.
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Summer Time!

Surfs_up.jpg
    633 x 1024 - 395K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

8eos8 said:

Wow, that's stunning.

• 8eos88eos8 Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

aaron575 said:
    Very nice, great atmospheric effect from the sun.

Wow, that's stunning.

Thank you! It took me a bit longer than previous renders, with the giant haze cube in there. It was about 2 hours using 2 GTX 970s.

• Acudia4151Acudia4151 Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

For those that think that you have to have a nvidia video card for Iray,
    i am using a amd r7 200 and this rendered for 30 min.
    2 photometric lights.

IrayTest.png
    1179 x 1179 - 911K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

very cinematographic .. nice bloom effect too

8eos8 said:
  • Acudia4151Acudia4151 Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Thank you Mec.

edited December 1969

That what I did yesterday when I was testing the new setup , for this kind of effect you need architectural and caustic sampler ON , and 2 layers for the water and ground, I used the dome ground for that trick ..

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...was trying to post comment while the thread was being split

MEC4D said:

The color will come from the Environment map you use as regularly the water has no intense color beside of some locations on earth but you can always add color under the refraction
    I think I will build a scene with physical proportions and ground bellow , one thing I wish that the materials are animated like in Poser and Carrara I really miss it

going to setup the scene now will let you know when I am done

StevieC said:
    MEC4D said:
    Beside the displacement or whatever it is used on the surface the rest is completely out of proportions
    let me make you something Stevie .. you wanna big waves or small ? show me some references what you have on your mind and I will setup for you something quickly

StevieC said:
    A little off topic, or, maybe not......anyone out there tried JeffersonAF's Iray Shaders now available at Renderosity? I'm thinking of purchasing, primarily for the Liquid Shaders, as I can't seem to get a decent water render out of Iray, for the Life of me! Found here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=110205

Wow! Didn't expect that! Something as calm as the first image, but with more depth and color. like the second.....don't even know if that's possible.....I have tried the dispersive water in Iray with caustics on, but not getting the desired effect......and Thank you!

...I'd like to try and get this particular effect.

edited December 1969

nice one !

Rareth said:
    Summer Time!

edited December 1969

You dont need any card for rendering, it is just your personal choice ,most of my heavy scenes render with CPU anyway
    but nice render for 30 min very clean

Acudia3D said:
    For those that think that you have to have a nvidia video card for Iray,
    i am using a amd r7 200 and this rendered for 30 min.
    2 photometric lights.
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    nice one !

Rareth said:
    Summer Time!

thanks.. Ran into another person "at the Beach"

Oliver1.jpg
    633 x 1024 - 366K
  • StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

new one from me...

archviz44.jpg
    886 x 1300 - 439K
    edited December 1969

What for HDRI is that I need free HDRI with a lot of sand

Rareth said:
    MEC4D said:
    nice one !

Rareth said:
    Summer Time!

edited December 1969

I like that Stefan, nice game of light and shadows and I see finally you switched to bloom filter ..well done

new one from me...
    edited December 1969

MEC4D said:
    What for HDRI is that I need free HDRI with a lot of sand
    Rareth said:
    MEC4D said:
    nice one !

Rareth said:
    Summer Time!

It's part of this
    http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-iray-hdr-outdoor-environments

• tomtom.wtomtom.w Posts: 138
    edited December 1969

Soft skin needs soft light. No post-render work done.

NewGirl_WIP_015.png
    1000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Playing with water..
    water base created with Infinito looks pretty good.. might have to see what I can produce using a Bryce Terrain object from the terrain editor.

water_test.jpg
    1024 x 633 - 349K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878
    edited December 1969

Nothing really fancy, but here's a free spaceship model I grabbed up (Designer: Herminio Nieves), with Iray materials and such.

Also the cartoon version.

starcruiser_Toon.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 365K
    starcruiser.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 124K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited June 2015

I'm gradually getting better! Here's my progress with skins and lights. I've done a tutorial on my blog with screencaps to discuss the settings.

The Real Short Hair deserves a plug, by the way, it converts really quite well with little work.

KasperBeachScene.png
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by SickleYield on
  • Jack238Jack238 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

new one from me...

The light through the roof and on the wall looks great and shows off the texture nicely

• SadCubesSadCubes Posts: 32
    edited June 2015

First play with Fibremesh Hair, needs more work.

Using Unshaven 2 shaders

Going for the look in the actual photo

defiance_race_irathient.jpg
    620 x 349 - 57K
    Fibre1.jpg
    1000 x 1400 - 240K
    Post edited by SadCubes on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

First real Iray render since the 4.8 release.

Absolutely no post processing (though I was tempted). 14 minutes to render, 1227 Iray Iterations.

i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6 GHz, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 970.

Daredevil-Image.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 575K
  • aaron575aaron575 Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

new one from me...
    Beautiful lighting.
    edited December 1969

tomtom.w said:
    Soft skin needs soft light. No post-render work done.

...exactly. very nice.
    edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    First real Iray render since the 4.8 release.

Absolutely no post processing (though I was tempted). 14 minutes to render, 1227 Iray Iterations.

i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6 GHz, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 970.

...the one thing that stopped me from considering the 970 is that it uses an odd memory configuration which is basically 3.5 = .5 GB the latter.which kicks in separately if the load exceeds the 3.5 GB level (at east for gaming purposes).
This discussion has been closed.