Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Has anone been able to use IrayGeo Locator plugin? If yes, please tell how as it stopped working for me since I upgraded from v 4.14

• Hitesh_Sethi said:

Has anone been able to use IrayGeo Locator plugin? If yes, please tell how as it stopped working for me since I upgraded from v 4.14

If it is a plug-in, what does its entry in Help>About Installed Plug-ins show?

• Hitesh_SethiHitesh_Sethi Posts: 14
    edited February 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Hitesh_Sethi said:

Has anone been able to use IrayGeo Locator plugin? If yes, please tell how as it stopped working for me since I upgraded from v 4.1

(Edited by mod to fix quote)

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Hitesh_SethiHitesh_Sethi Posts: 14
    edited February 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Hitesh_Sethi said:

Has anone been able to use IrayGeo Locator plugin? If yes, please tell how as it stopped working for me since I upgraded from v 4.14

It is not isue of plugin showing up in list. Its about its functionality. It no longer works even if correct version shows up in plugin list.

(Edited by mod to fix quote)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,899
    edited February 2023

Hitesh_Sethi said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Hitesh_Sethi said:

>>>>>> It is not isue of plugin showing up in list. Its about its functionality. It no longer works even if correct version shows up in plugin list.

There are some error messages in the log. It doesn't seem to be working, you will need to submit a ticket.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You could also try the Iray GeoLocator thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/159346/new-in-store-iray-geolocator-plugin-update-1-2-commercial/p1

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,061

In addition to not working - it doesn't show up in DIM and the direct download is an executable, not a DIM format zip. Clicking the DIM download option fires up DIM and nothing happens after that.

• tedharris600tedharris600 Posts: 22
    edited February 2023

Did Nvidia permanently remove the "Blend" renderer from Iray?  I saw this in the Daz dcumentation for the latest Studio Beta:

Removed support for the “Blend” renderer from the NVIDIA Iray DrawStyle

• Iray 2022.1.0 beta (363600.482) removed the renderer from the Iray SDK

With the latest Studio beta that doesn't have the "Blend" renderer in Iray Draw style, manipulating objects becomes much slower using Photoreal mode.  Using Interactive mode for the Draw Style does not match the final render.  I have been using the Blend Interactive to Render Settings mode in Iray Draw Style for years.

Thank you for your help.

Post edited by tedharris600 on
  • Yes, I'm having the same problem with the temperature. I use a powerful heatsink which is no longer supporting because of this rendering issue.
    I have my promos all delayed because of this problem.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,107

Gendragon3D said:

Yes, I'm having the same problem with the temperature. I use a powerful heatsink which is no longer supporting because of this rendering issue.

Now that this issue is affecting a PA maybe it will get more attention.

• IceCrMn said:

Gendragon3D said:

Yes, I'm having the same problem with the temperature. I use a powerful heatsink which is no longer supporting because of this rendering issue.

Now that this issue is affecting a PA maybe it will get more attention.

I am not sure what kind of problem people are referring to -- I have rather normal temperatures on my i7-9800X and RTX 4090.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575

Is it intentional for the image editor in 4.21.1.41 to not have options for tiling and offsets when used on backdrops (like it does when applied to maps used on surface parameters)?

- Greg

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited February 2023

I am still running DS 4.15 and DS 4.14 BETA with Nvidia RTX 2060 Super  and Nvidia driver version 516.94 . I am wanting to upgrade to the new version, will I need to upgrade my Nvidia driver and if so what version will work with DS 4.21.0.5 release.  I am also running Windows 10 with 32 G ram.  I am assuming I need to update to a newer version of DS if I want to test out the new G9?  I haven't used DS in about a year and half, but am looking forward to revisiting it as long as it still works well on my computer with all the new updates.

Post edited by Kharma on
  • This is the beta thread, 4.21.0.5 is the General Release https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/595931/daz-studio-4-21-0-x-pro-general-release/p1 . The minimum driver for that is 512.78 so you should be good.

• Kharma said:

I am still running DS 4.15 and DS 4.14 BETA with Nvidia RTX 2060 Super  and Nvidia driver version 516.94 . I am wanting to upgrade to the new version, will I need to upgrade my Nvidia driver and if so what version will work with DS 4.21.0.5 release.  I am also running Windows 10 with 32 G ram.  I am assuming I need to update to a newer version of DS if I want to test out the new G9?  I haven't used DS in about a year and half, but am looking forward to revisiting it as long as it still works well on my computer with all the new updates.

As Richard said, the minimum driver is 512.78. The current drivers are 528.49 (NVIDIA Studio) and 531.18 (Game Ready).

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
  • Kharma said:

Thank you @RichardHaseltine and @Doctorjellybean

Bear in mind that 531.18 Game Ready drivers have a bug that leads to higher CPU usage when doing nothing and also BSODs on GeForce GTX 10/MX250/350 series GPUs.

There's a hotfix driver released that resolves those issues:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5450

Also every Game Ready and Studio Driver released after 528.24 has increased DPC latency which affects people using Digital Audio Workstation software the most, but is also undesirable in general.

• cubaconncubaconn Posts: 10
    edited March 2023

It seems the latest version is saving a reference of every single morph, or at least a good chunk of morphs not been used by a character along with the it. This has happen to me while saving a model in a Subset, not sure if the same is happening when saving as a character preset. 

1. How to reproduce, build a character with one or two morphs from any other character.

2. Save just the character in a scene subset.

3. Remove everything from data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs AND Remove everything from data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs 

4. Load the scene subset

You'll see that the missing morphs dialog will list not just the ones the character was created with, but all morphs you had prior to removing the files from the morphs folder. 

Tested Scenes and the same thing is true for scenes. (Note that I edit and save the scenes and scene subsets in Beta, remove the morphs and then attempt to open the files in public build) 

Last Edit: this happens for the public build too, I hope is not a "feature" becuase it makes no sense for a scene to save references to un-used morphs I would think.

Post edited by cubaconn on
  • kochi.gomes777kochi.gomes777 Posts: 0
    edited March 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

DIM does now have an option to back up installers, if desired http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/change_log_1_4_0_94#1_4_0_86

Absolutely! Providing step-by-step instructions for backing up DS installers is important for ensuring that users are able to properly protect their data and work. By doing so, we can help prevent data loss and provide peace of mind for users who may not be familiar with the backup process. Thank you for advocating for this important issue!

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • T-BoneT-Bone Posts: 4

4.21.1.45 Is Crashing When loading a G8 Character. I have the latest studio drivers installed(531.41).  I ran it in a debugger and it's occurring in nv_openimageio.dll without the crash report window.  I hope someone sees this. 

stacktrace1.jpg
    362 x 666 - 96K
    nvopenimageio.jpg
    1041 x 256 - 99K
  • T-Bone said:

4.21.1.45 Is Crashing When loading a G8 Character. I have the latest studio drivers installed(531.41).  I ran it in a debugger and it's occurring in nv_openimageio.dll without the crash report window.  I hope someone sees this. 

Could you please attach the DS log. Any G8 character or a specific one? I'm loading G8 characters without any problems.

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 117

Richard Haseltine said:

DIM does now have an option to back up installers, if desired http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/change_log_1_4_0_94#1_4_0_86

Thanks. I want to add the path and try the feature for a new Daz Studio Beta that was just released.

When I follow the link, I see this:

• Added support for an experimental BackupPath setting

• Manually set within the INI for a given account

• Value is expected to be a / delimited absolute path

• When defined, context menu options for backing up (copy to the specified path) the selected packages are made available

• Operates on packages that install like software or plugin

• Relies on file naming scheme that includes a version number to support multiple versions

InstallMgr : Incremented build number to 1.4.0.86

So I hunted around and found Account.ini in the InstallManager/UserAccounts folder in the AppData tree, and when I set

BackupPath=D:/XXX/3D Models/Backups

I ran DIM, and saw that I could right click on the Daz Studio general release, and see a menu for backup packages which has one grayed out line "All Selected". I can't click on it and there is nothing else to click on, so I cannot do the backup. My guess is that this is not ready for Prime Time.

But I also experienced another problem. The package I want to backup is no longer listed in Launchable Products under Installed, I assume because it's now under Ready to Download. So, maybe it's there? Nope. When I right click on it, there is no "Backup Package(s)" in the context menu.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 742

DoctorJellybean said:

The current drivers are 528.49 (NVIDIA Studio) and 531.18 (Game Ready).

No longer, NVidia released Studio 531.41 recently (21st inst.):

Is this safe to install, will actually work with DAZ Studio?  I have a 4090 and am currently on 528.49

20230321 NVidia Studio Driver update.png
  • jbowler said:

DoctorJellybean said:

The current drivers are 528.49 (NVIDIA Studio) and 531.18 (Game Ready).

No longer, NVidia released Studio 531.41 recently (21st inst.):

Is this safe to install, will actually work with DAZ Studio?  I have a 4090 and am currently on 528.49

Yes, 531.41 is my installed drivers.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited March 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Thanks for the link and info, however, the feature is pretty useless as most here don't even know what, to write in the.INI file let alone which .INI file and where it's located... Also, if you hadn't brought it up, it would have gone completely unnoticed, so thanks for letting us know!

I wanted to write up a quick tutorial of how to enable it, but which .INI file, and where within that .INI file do you write the line: "BackupPath?" <= I'm guessing that's what you write as there are no specific instructions of the "what's" "which's" and "where's" left by the devs to go by, only the line "BackupPath"

I JUST saw the post above me... :P

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • marble said:

Richard Haseltine said:

marble said:

[MODERATOR REQUEST]

Mods, please could you consider moving the above timeline-related posts to a new thread I have just started so as not to derail this Beta thread. I feel this is a subject that needs a separate focus. Thanks.

It may have a quick reply - which properties are set to show in the Timeline pane?

I am not sure what propertieds you mean but I think that might be TRSHA (without the O). By the way, there are already several posts in the new thread. It might be worth adding that other thread asking about deleting keyframes to that too?

Could someone point me to the new thread (referenced above) about timeline/keyframe issues? I can't find it.

f7eer said:

So I hunted around and found Account.ini in the InstallManager/UserAccounts folder in the AppData tree, and when I set

I ran DIM, and saw that I could right click on the Daz Studio general release, and see a menu for backup packages which has one grayed out line "All Selected". I can't click on it and there is nothing else to click on, so I cannot do the backup. My guess is that this is not ready for Prime Time.

But I also experienced another problem. The package I want to backup is no longer listed in Launchable Products under Installed, I assume because it's now under Ready to Download. So, maybe it's there? Nope. When I right click on it, there is no "Backup Package(s)" in the context menu.

It does actually work for me, in a way, although I see something like the last problem too.  The file to edit is:

%AppData%/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/UserAccounts/Account.ini

You can copy'n'paste that into Windows Explorer and it will open whatever you use to edit .ini files (choose "NotePad" if it asks and don't set the option to do this always).  Unfortunately dumb apps, including in this case NotePad, fail to open the file correctly when it's written that way (with normal / characters), it's a bug in their file name handling and it's common.

The line I added is exactly this:

BackupPath=T:/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/DAZStudioBackups

I added it after "DownloadPath", but it shouldn't matter where it goes so long as it is near the top on its own line between [General] and [InstallPaths].  I then get this UI in the "Installed Files" DIM tab:

But the option is only available for "launchable" products and those entries in "Products" which are plugins.  It is possible to select al the packages under "Products", 8900 packages in my case, and then click "Backup/All Selected" however and this does, indeed, back up files that seem not to be plugins.

Anyway, it won't replace my current Python backup program; this preserves every downloaded package regardless of the file name, which does not always change.  From the change log:

• Relies on file naming scheme that includes a version number to support multiple versions

So I can't see the point.  For example IM00012000-02_DAZStudio421PublicBuildWin64bit is the current file name (base) for 4.21.1.45 (the beta), and the file name base for 4.21.0.5 is IM00012000-02_DAZStudio421PublicBuildWin64bit.  I have separate backups for each of these along with everything in between (well, everything I downloaded).  My backups also do not include the ".dsx" file; I can't see the point of that because DIM regenerates it from the .zip if it isn't there.

20230328 DIM backup UI.png
    edited March 2023

Well, my 89xx file backup ended up with 129 packages backed up.  It seems that the criterion for backup is that the package is not installed to the CMS.  This is weird because IM00052195-01_ClassicLongHairwithdForceforGenesis8Females1of2 (and 2of2) were backed up and, indeed, there is nothing listed for "Installed To".  Nevertheless all the files are installed in the right place in the CMS directory.  Is this a bug?

Post edited by jbowler on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

jbowler said:

It does actually work for me, in a way, although I see something like the last problem too.  The file to edit is:

%AppData%/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/UserAccounts/Account.ini

You can copy'n'paste that into Windows Explorer and it will open whatever you use to edit .ini files (choose "NotePad" if it asks and don't set the option to do this always).  Unfortunately dumb apps, including in this case NotePad, fail to open the file correctly when it's written that way (with normal / characters), it's a bug in their file name handling and it's common.

The line I added is exactly this:

BackupPath=T:/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/DAZStudioBackups

I added it after "DownloadPath", but it shouldn't matter where it goes so long as it is near the top on its own line between [General] and [InstallPaths].  I then get this UI in the "Installed Files" DIM tab:

But the option is only available for "launchable" products and those entries in "Products" which are plugins.  It is possible to select al the packages under "Products", 8900 packages in my case, and then click "Backup/All Selected" however and this does, indeed, back up files that seem not to be plugins.

Anyway, it won't replace my current Python backup program; this preserves every downloaded package regardless of the file name, which does not always change.  From the change log:

So I can't see the point.  For example IM00012000-02_DAZStudio421PublicBuildWin64bit is the current file name (base) for 4.21.1.45 (the beta), and the file name base for 4.21.0.5 is IM00012000-02_DAZStudio421PublicBuildWin64bit.  I have separate backups for each of these along with everything in between (well, everything I downloaded).  My backups also do not include the ".dsx" file; I can't see the point of that because DIM regenerates it from the .zip if it isn't there.

JBowler: the hero we need! Thanks so much for the tutorial, hopefully, this will help out those that may not know that Daz does not normally provide past installs!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,736
    edited March 2023

f7eer said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Thanks. I want to add the path and try the feature for a new Daz Studio Beta that was just released.

When I follow the link, I see this:

• Added support for an experimental BackupPath setting

• Manually set within the INI for a given account

• Value is expected to be a / delimited absolute path

• When defined, context menu options for backing up (copy to the specified path) the selected packages are made available

InstallMgr : Incremented build number to 1.4.0.86

Had you in fact selected (checked the box next to the name, not just clicked on its name) anything that installs like sfotware (the main application, plug-ins, some older shaders and scripts - things which bring up the UAC prompt asking if is is OK from DIM Helper to make chanegs to the system)? There was one inconsistency for me, though, in that a trailing / is required which isn't true for other path settings in the .ini file. removed the last comment as I couldn't reproduce it later - possibly I was not waiting long enough between closing DIM and saving the modified .ini file.

The application won't show a Launch option when it has an update available (that is, in Ready to Download or Ready to Install) as luanching would be inconsistent with instaling an update.

• My advice is to stay on 528.24 Studio driver until 535 driver branch is released. Newer 531.xx versions are buggy.