[New in Store!] Iray GeoLocator plugin: update 1.2 [Commercial]

Hello, this is the 1.2 update that should hopefully fix the 'black screen' issue occurring on some systems. Before sending it to DAZ and make installers/DIM I'd like to get some feedback. If you can try and report to [email protected] I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/downloads/IrayGeoLocator/IrayGeoLocator.Win64.1.2.zip

http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/downloads/IrayGeoLocator/IrayGeoLocator.macOS.1.2.zip

To install the Windows version, unzip and overwrite in your '/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/' folder

To install the macOS version, unzip and overwrite in your '/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZ Studio4/plugins/' folder

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just released a new DAZ Studio plugin that I developed, the Iray GeoLocator: https://www.daz3d.com/iray-geolocator
Dedicated to all Iray users, GeoLocator will let you browse the world map or query the cities database, pick your preferred location, and set Iray environment settings accordingly.
Surf around the globe and see sky and environment settings automatically adjust as you change location, time and date: now you can simulate light condition occurring in every corner of the world in a matter of seconds, and render with accurate settings for each geographic location!

Manual PDF available also here: http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/36921/36921_iray-geolocator-readme.pdf

00-main-iray-geolocator-daz3d[1].jpg
1000 x 1300 - 682K
01-iray-geolocator-daz3d[1].jpg
1000 x 1300 - 886K
02-iray-geolocator-daz3d[1].jpg
1000 x 1300 - 698K
03-iray-geolocator-daz3d[1].jpg
1000 x 1300 - 775K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Looks pretty cool!

Does this plugin require an internet connection? I.e., does it use google maps (or something dynamic) behind the scenes, or are the images static and downloaded with the plugin?

• havsm said:

Looks pretty cool!

Does this plugin require an internet connection? I.e., does it use google maps (or something dynamic) behind the scenes, or are the images static and downloaded with the plugin?

Thanks havsm, no internet connection required, images are all local.

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346

Was an immediate buy, but how can I download it? It's in my product library but without any link.

• ruekaka said:

Was an immediate buy, but how can I download it? It's in my product library but without any link.

Hey ruekaka, don't you have a standalone installer in your library, or using DIM?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Cool does it also change the sky colour to closer match the real world as a blue sky here is not that same as a blue sky in New Zealand at midday. :)

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited April 2017
    Szark said:

Cool does it also change the sky colour to closer match the real world as a blue sky here is not that same as a blue sky in New Zealand at midday. :)

Yes it uses the Nvidia Iray engine to gather sky characteristics according to the latitude/longitude (location) currently selected. There is also a slider to override the sky turbidity in order to simulate polluted/misty environments.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

oh yeah so this is the real thing. Sweet...I will get this.

Hey ruekaka, don't you have a standalone installer in your library, or using DIM?

Please see the screenshot. (I do not use DIM)

igl_missing_link.png
    843 x 860 - 281K
  • ruekaka said:

Please see the screenshot. (I do not use DIM)

You are right, other users reported that. I notified DAZ as we speak, standalone installers had to be there (I tested those myself), they should be adding them back soon.

I notified DAZ as we speak, standalone installers had to be there ...

Thanks!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Wow, as someone that has collected maps since I was knee-high this is a super product!

• Wow, as someone that has collected maps since I was knee-high this is a super product!

Thank you very much!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

So are there just set locations we could we search for our own town and pick our time of day?

• dkgoose said:

So are there just set locations we could we search for our own town and pick our time of day?

Hello, there is a cities database of about 30000 records, so major cities and towns are in. Of course not all tiny places in the world are included, but the level of detail is pretty decent. And of course one can always pick a custom location on map and get in proximity of a know latitude/longitude spot.

Sounds good :) I'll give it a go :)

• dkgoose said:

Well let me know if your home town is listed there! :)

• Is turbidity haze, or does this influence multiple settings and/or hidden settings?

edited April 2017

Is turbidity haze, or does this influence multiple settings and/or hidden settings?

Turbidity will change sun/sky tint, sun disk scale and glow intensity to simulate misty/polluted environments, intended as an approximation because Iray doesn't have yet any volumetric features to allow real aerosol content simulation (dust, moisture, ice, fog) of the air.

• Okay, thanks!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

I have installed and activated with the serial#, the plug-n shows as active (green plug).

All I get is a totally dark screen. I've tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling your plug-in, even redownloading it. The same totally black screen. Any idea why?

edited April 2017
    Tjohn said:

I have installed and activated with the serial#, the plug-n shows as active (green plug).

All I get is a totally dark screen. I've tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling your plug-in, even redownloading it. The same totally black screen. Any idea why?

Please check if the folder ""C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\geolocatorAM\" exists and contains the five files displayed in the attachment. I had another report like this, and it looks like the DIM in some occasions fails to create the folder.

17622687_10210430543657488_1740003548_o.jpg
    974 x 258 - 29K
    edited April 2017

Okay here's mine.

Capture.JPG
    999 x 241 - 50K
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • Tjohn said:

Okay here's mine.

Seems all fine. May I ask, if it's not too trouble, to email me your DAZ Studio log file at [email protected] ?

dkgoose said:

Well let me know if your home town is listed there! :)

Haha well I'm sure it won't be lol it's a smallish town in ny, but I'm hoping a bigger city kinda nearby might be on there lol

Tjohn said:

Okay here's mine.

Seems all fine. May I ask, if it's not too trouble, to email me your DAZ Studio log file at [email protected] ?

How do I get that? (sorry)

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Purchased today, 04/02.

Any word on manual install

edited April 2017
    bicc39 said:

Purchased today, 04/02.

Any word on manual install

I think DAZ forgot to add the installers, as it seems it's available to DIM only (but I tested the installers, so they were supposed to be there). I emailed them but I suppose I won't be hearing anything until tomorrow.

• Tjohn said:
    Tjohn said:

Okay here's mine.

How do I get that? (sorry)

No problem, from DAZ Studio, go to menu Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File. You can save that to a file and send it to me at [email protected]

Thanks

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Just a quick one because I've got company, but I thought you might appreciate someone chiming in who found it working straight off with no problems, installed via DIM. This is a great addition to my toolset - even my home town is in there. Very little time for experimentation so far, but I like it a lot.

• Bought right away, but haven't been able to try it out yet.  Rendering out an image, which tends to take forever...