Daz Studio 4.21[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• It certainly shouldn't be using the CPU to render, if you have restarted the application since unchecking Allow CPU Fallback

• The application was restarted several times. The PC also got restarted i the meantime. Also that behavior persisted after uninstalling/reinstalling the DS beta.

• Sorry, I was thinking you were having a different issue. There are no obvious issues there, but it may be worth doing a clean install of the drivers just in case there is a left-over of some kind breaking the compatibility.

• I'm experiencing issues using decals now. They are catching light in strange ways now and appear generally lighter than the surrounding surfaces. I am not new to using decals and have tried every adjustment I can think of and have the most recent Nvidia Studio Driver. This is perplexing. It's made using decals virtually impossible without compromising lighting/angles, etc to try to disguise the effect. I have seen only one mention of this in the forum a couple months back with no solutions. Has anyone else encountered this??
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Sorry, I was thinking you were having a different issue. There are no obvious issues there, but it may be worth doing a clean install of the drivers just in case there is a left-over of some kind breaking the compatibility.

I once more uninstalled the driver, as well as geforce experience and even the whole cuda kit in case it could have something to do with this. Then I rebooted, reinstalled the latest driver and the problem persists.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Sorry, I was thinking you were having a different issue. There are no obvious issues there, but it may be worth doing a clean install of the drivers just in case there is a left-over of some kind breaking the compatibility.

I once more uninstalled the driver, as well as geforce experience and even the whole cuda kit in case it could have something to do with this. Then I rebooted, reinstalled the latest driver and the problem persists.

What Cuda kit? 

• edited November 2022

PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

What Cuda kit? 

Nvidia's CUDA toolkit.it was version 11, the current. It's gone, though.

Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

What Cuda kit? 

Nvidia's CUDA toolkit.it was version 11, the current. It's gone, though.

The CUDA toolkit that has even previously caused problems with the installed drivers due to conflicting Iray versions... Are you sure it was completely removed? 

• PerttiA said:

The CUDA toolkit that has even previously caused problems with the installed drivers due to conflicting Iray versions... Are you sure it was completely removed? 

I would have to assume so. It doesn't show up at all in the installed programs section. I don't know of another way to find out, though.

• bishbosch said:

Is there up-to-date documentation for the new (and old) FBX export settings? The environment I'm trying to transfer to Unreal as an FBX is exploding, with parented things like windows and doors scattering, which wasn't happening before.

I can't export anything to Character Creator 4 anymore. I have tried all sorts of combiations in the new FBX dialog and CC4 still blows up on import. 

• hi i love this but i have one problem i don't know how to make a person????????blush

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 2022

Nagayama said:

hi i love this but i have one problem i don't know how to make a person????????blush

Over the years, Daz has released several generations of characters. The latest generation is Genesis 9. If you install the free "Genesis 9 Starter Essentials" package, you will find the basic Genesis 9 "person" in your Content Library in the People folder hierarchy.

Post edited by barbult on
  • hamadahmadhamadahmad Posts: 12
    edited January 2023

I'm not sure what is causing this or how to explain this. But here goes,
    in version 4.21.1.26 it's darkening half the renders whereas in the previous version no such problem.

in the render from 4.21.1.26 I have highlighted the difference.

I'm not sure if someone else has noticed this small difference.

Screenshot_28.png
    607 x 252 - 212K
    Post edited by hamadahmad on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited January 2023

I noticed to day when playing around trying to make a demo with some older 3rd party scripts from dragnsstorm such as "Send in the clones" and  Animated Texture Script Pro. the scripts failed to work,  the script loads the UI panal they just did not do anything when i tried to excute them.

Also I want to add that I also tried scene optimizer script as well and it did not create the folders for the tex-maps-state.dse that is required for the optimized texures in the scene.

Any Idea's are these scripts broken in daz 4.21.0.5?

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

I noticed to day when playing around trying to make a demo with some older 3rd party scripts from dragnsstorm such as "Send in the clones" and  Animated Texture Script Pro. the scripts failed to work,  the script loads the UI panal they just did not do anything when i tried to excute them.

Also I want to add that I also tried scene optimizer script as well and it did not create the folders for the tex-maps-state.dse that is required for the optimized texures in the scene.

Any Idea's are these scripts broken in daz 4.21.0.5?

Did you check the log file immediately after trying to run the scripts - Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File.

Yes the first thing . it showed I was a error on excuting the DSE file  so I redownloaded and reinstalled the Animated texture scripts .. that appears to fixed error, so I am in the proccess of reinstalling the rest of the scripts now to see if that fixes things, I did move a few files to a new HDD, maybe something got messed up in the file directory when i installed daz.studio

Okay it appears that was the problem I needed to reinstall some of my scripts that I had I moved to a new exernal HDD drive. Whew they are working now. I was worried I use Scene optimizer a lot.

• Some scripts place files in the application folder, though not Scene Optimiser I think.

My scene optimizer files reside in Scripts and in Daz Temp folder located in the content folder and I moved my scripts folder to a new HDD., if there are other files locations I would not be aware of were those are located . But scene optimizer works now after I reinstalled it to the new Hdd, So now the reduce texture DSE shows in the content now as well.

Capture.JPG
    1162 x 787 - 120K
    Capture2.JPG
    760 x 727 - 61K
    Capture.3.JPG
    516 x 399 - 52K

I had to replace the Hard drive it was going bad.

I have a crazy question I hope someone can help with.  is anyone have troubles with the  NVIDIA driver 528.24 ? my windows10 updated my rtx 3060 gpu drivers either this afternoon or last night and I've been having some intermitting issues, like render sometimes whiting out. , I was wondering if I roll back to the previous driver to get through a project. will win10 reinstall the new driver all over again?  how to do people work around that?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

This may be little to no help, but I have Win 10 Pro and it doesn't update my graphics drivers. You might check to see what options you have available in the Settings>Windows Update PANEL.

Ivy said:

I have a crazy question I hope someone can help with.  is anyone have troubles with the  NVIDIA driver 528.24 ? my windows10 updated my rtx 3060 gpu drivers either this afternoon or last night and I've been having some intermitting issues, like render sometimes whiting out. , I was wondering if I roll back to the previous driver to get through a project. will win10 reinstall the new driver all over again?  how to do people work around that?

Thank you very much for your reply.  I have w10 pro too, I'm not very familiar with all the settings yet. But after hunting around I found a setting in my NVIDIA control panel,  there a check box that says " let windows update automatically update NVIDIA drivers," so I uncheck it and rolled back my driver, rebooted. and my preview windows back. not whited out anymore.

Its prolly gonna take me a while to work this computer out, being a old dog trying to learn a new trick's type thing ..lol 

• a51_aliena51_alien Posts: 15
    edited February 2023

I see the latest Update still has D-Force using outddated OpenCL, so us AMD users can't use D-Force... 

image_2023-02-05_171549386.png
    390 x 263 - 17K
    Post edited by a51_alien on
  • a51_alien said:

I see the latest Update still has D-Force using outddated OpenCL, so us AMD users can't use D-Force... 

It may be that you need AMD to update their implementation of OpenCL. If you have an Intel CPU you could use their OpenCL driver, which like nVidia's plays nicely with dForce.

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 147
    edited February 2023

Hello Richard;

Sorry if I missed it in previous pages, but is there any word going around / is it a known problem about rendering image series with having "guided optimization on" causes render outputs starting from the *second* image to have "non smoothed" surfaces on fitted clothing (like socks), causing poking? I couldn't figure out if it is the effect of "smoothing turned off" or "loosing subDs", but it is very obvious.

Iray preview doesn't have it since it is "always the first frame". But during image series output, things go awry. Is this known?

Edit: Using latest NV studio drivers as of today and latest daz studio beta.

-Thanks.

Post edited by Dolce Saito on
  • Dolce Saito said:

Hello Richard;

Sorry if I missed it in previous pages, but is there any word going around / is it a known problem about rendering image series with having "guided optimization on" causes render outputs starting from the *second* image to have "non smoothed" surfaces on fitted clothing (like socks), causing poking? I couldn't figure out if it is the effect of "smoothing turned off" or "loosing subDs", but it is very obvious.

Iray preview doesn't have it since it is "always the first frame". But during image series output, things go awry. Is this known?

Edit: Using latest NV studio drivers as of today and latest daz studio beta.

-Thanks.

I think there was another post on that, but it may have been from you if you have mentioned it in another thread.

• Richard Haseltine said:

I think there was another post on that, but it may have been from you if you have mentioned it in another thread.

Ok. Let me rephrase it a little bit different: It actually even happens with default render settings, regardless of what you choose, if the fitting clothing has mesh offset modifier, the bug actually hits hard. For some unknown reason, it doesn't happen all the time.

Interesting that noone else has yet to notice this :o

• Dolce Saito said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ok. Let me rephrase it a little bit different: It actually even happens with default render settings, regardless of what you choose, if the fitting clothing has mesh offset modifier, the bug actually hits hard. For some unknown reason, it doesn't happen all the time.

Interesting that noone else has yet to notice this :o

Well, it's quite possible it isn't a bug (fauilt with DS or Iray) but a local system issue.

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 147
    edited February 2023

Of course possible, but I find it unlikely. How, as a user, can I break image series render, but not iray preview and "Still Image (Current frame)" render outputs?

Issue starts from the second image output of the image series' render. Since the interface is locked and there is no user option change in-between image series' render, with also disabled anti-virus, I logically feel it is a bug rather than a local system issue. If I render frames individually, they are fine. The user simply doesn't have any intervention to that part of the render pipeline.

There is also absolutely nothing in the logs other than regular stuff, therefore, other than the issue itself, I couldn't find any information to help me.

However, I found a way to workaround to the problem by changing push modifier of the mesh offset, but I don't know how long will it last.

Post edited by Dolce Saito on