Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Haruchai the morph regions were according to the online Read Me for those 2 products to make them compatible with 4.5.

Thanks for the response.

I know that's what was supposed to be updated but cannot see where the actual files in the data folder have been updated. The A4 H4 G4 F4 ones show updated files for August 2012 but not the Gen 3 ones. Just wondering if I had got a bad file or if anyone else could confirm this.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited August 2012

8-19-2012

Updated:

Timeless Male Hair for Genesis (1.1)

Added:

Cherry Blossom Hair (1.0) (Genesis / V4)
    ToXic Cherry Blossom (1.0) (Genesis / V4)

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • spannahspannah Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

I didn't see this one in the list. Just did a reset and the info below is accurate as of this post:

Feminine Touch for Genesis (1.1)

edited December 1969

Thanks spannah just added it in to the main list.

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

I think Daz have updated the Genesis Evolution Head Morphs but haven't changed the version number.

I just discovered that my original 1.4 head morphs don't work in DS4.5, so I reset my downloads and found that that the new 1.4 does work. It's defintely a updated version as the file size is now 6.27MB, whereas the old 1.4 is 6.32MB.

edited December 1969

Thanks Chris.

I just re-downloaded them and updated the main list to read:

Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs (1.4 Note: The size for these are PC 6.27 MB / Mac 15.0 MB, earlier 1.4 files had a different size.)
    Genesis Evolution Morph Bundle (1.4 Note: The Head Morphs are PC 6.27 MB / Mac 15.0 MB, earlier 1.4 files had a different size)

• spannahspannah Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jay for initiating this list!

Just found another one:

Amethyst Fantasy for Genesis (1.1)

I did a reset and this is accurate as of this post.

• coqueyocoqueyo Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

(12847) Fantasy Shapes for Genesis: 1.6

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited August 2012

More items for the list:

PandoraX for Genesis (1.1)
    Sayaka for Genesis (1.2; V4 version - 1.1)
    Summer Edition Noah (1.2 - both versions)
    Summer Edition Josh for Genesis (1.1 - M4 version remains at 1.0)
    Summer Edition Liu (1.2 - both versions)
    Tassel Loafers for Genesis (1.1)

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for those additions.The forums have been giving me trouble for the past 24 hours when I try to post and edit post at the moment so I'm not sure if that will be problem with future updates.

Also, I'm unable to access my itemized order history at the moment, so I'm not sure if anyone else is having that problem.

Support is aware of the duplicate id problem with Jade Assassin (1.1) so a new version will be out soon.

In the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle & Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite the Victoria 5 Geo-Grafted Genitalia have been replaced with the Genesis Female Genetalia.

Updated 8-21-2012

Added:

30 Poses for Stephanie 5 (.DSA) (1.0) (Included only in the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle)
    Cool Sports for Genesis (1.1)
    Delilah for Genesis (1.4)
    Fantasy Shapes for Genesis (1.6)
    Genesis Female Geo-Grafted Genitalia (1.4)
    Lily Nymph for Genesis (1.1)
    Lycan Hunter (1.1)
    Luka Hair (1.3) (Genesis / V4)
    OL For Genesis (1.0)
    PandoraX for Genesis (1.1)
    Pure Hair Crazy (1.0)
    Pure Hair Lovely (1.0)
    Riley for Stephanie 5 (1.0)
    Shadow Warrior (1.0)
    Sayaka for Genesis (1.2; V4 version - 1.1)
    Shadow Warrior AddOns (1.0)
    Shadow Warrior Textures (1.1)
    Stephanie 5 (1.0)
    Stephanie 5 Poses (1.1)
    Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle (see separate entries for each product in the bundle)
    Stephanie 5 Starter Bundle (see separate entries for each product in the bundle)
    Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress (1.1)
    Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress Textures 1 (1.0)
    Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress Textures 2 (1.0)
    Summer Edition Noah (1.2 - both versions)
    Summer Edition Josh for Genesis (1.1 - M4 version remains at 1.0)
    Summer Edition Liu (1.2 - both versions)
    The Ritual for LilyNymph (1.0)
    Woodlander for Genesis (1.1)
    Woodlander Textures (1.0)

Updated:
    Genesis Evolution Expressions (1.4 Note: the size for these are PC 6.53 MB / Mac15.2, earlier 1.4 files had a different size.)
    Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs (1.4 Note: The size for these are PC 7.26 MB / Mac 16.0 MB, earlier 1.4 files had a different size.)
    Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs (1.5)
    Genesis Evolution Morph Bundle (see separate entries for each product in the bundle)
    Imelda (1.3)

The Mac file sizes haven't changed in the 2 differnt 1.4 versions of the Evolution Body, & EXpression Morphs. The PC file sizes are differnt for the two 1.4 versions.

I'm not sure if any other products got updated and didn't have the version number changed like these.

Thanks to everyone who posted updates.

• edited December 1969

Tag.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The Head Morphs 1.5, btw, is the same as the 1.4 that came out a few days ago, just correcting the version number.

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

RE: Future Cop For Genesis (1.1)
    My installer for that is named 13337_FutureCopForGenesis_1.3_ds.exe

I haven't reset because I can't find it in my list so it could be newer by now I guess.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited August 2012

erostew said:

I haven't reset because I can't find it in my list so it could be newer by now I guess.

That may be because it was in the Classics Bundle and may not show in your history as an individual item.

Edit - Turns out I was wrong, I just reset my Classics Bundle and Future Cop is still at 1.1 in the bundle so not sure where a 1.3 came from.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

WOW... that's quite a list. I really wish DAZ would get back to auto informing purchasers of these items and adding them back to the downloadable area of each account. This is insanity! YUK! :bug:

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

It would be great if daz provided an auto update, or notification process for owners of products and include the uninstaller with the new update. It seem strange to me to me that this process is all user initiated. I own many daz products and wow, I'm going to be spending a lot of time on this... When I'd rather be doing daz modeling.

I agree. Renderosity notifies customers of product updates, and so should DAZ. I don't know if Runtime DNA or Content Paradise do, since I've never received any notices from them, but I'll assume that they do. Manually resetting and downloading each and every item to see what has been updated is time- and bandwidth-consuming. At the very least, put the latest update version and/or date on the product page, so customers can tell at a glance.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

How do you figure out Epic Wings works with genesis?

they are fitted to genesis but you move genesis and the wings just stay where they are?

Sal.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    How do you figure out Epic Wings works with genesis?

they are fitted to genesis but you move genesis and the wings just stay where they are?

Sal.

A couple of props/figures do that - I generally parent them to Chest (and twiddle the Y-pos a little)

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited December 1969

erostew said:

Hmmm. I once had the "bright" idea to change the names of all the installers so I could find things easier. I only did a few and then changed the names back. Might have done that with the Future Cop installer and somehow put in the wrong version number I guess.
  • hamstergirl4444hamstergirl4444 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your hard work - I know it takes a lot of time and energy to do something like this, and it's appreciated, very much.

However - rendering is supposed to take my mind off of stress, not create more. Granted, it's a tiny mind and doesn't take much to push it over the edge - but doing all this resetting and re-installing falls firmly into the hot zone. I'm sticking with DS4 - this is too much work.

• hamstergirl4444hamstergirl4444 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

erostew said:
    Hmmm. I once had the "bright" idea to change the names of all the installers so I could find things easier. I only did a few and then changed the names back. Might have done that with the Future Cop installer and somehow put in the wrong version number I guess.

I feel your pain...I had that bright idea once too - was a BIG mistake :)

edited December 1969

And once more with feeling:

GOM Genesis Male Morphs 1.1 (upgraded from 1.0 at some point, sometime, somewhere there's a place for us....)
    Fantasy Wrap for Genesis 1.4 (in list at 1.2)

So much downloading ... so much reinstalling...

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

This really calls for an updated Itemized History (show the products in the order of when the latest version hit the store).
    I have 44 pages @ 50items /page, takes a while to find every item, even if you binary search or guess that "T" is about 38, or M is about 27 or G is about 18, but you always need to step a few pages back and forth.

I got so much to update and I've updates a lot already.

edited August 2012

Updated 8-23-2012

Fixed:

Some typos
    Put some stuff in correct order that wasn't
    Changed Stephanie 5 (.DSA) (1.0) (Included only in the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle) to Stephanie 5 Pro Bonus Poses (1.1) (Included only in the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle). Since that is the name the product has if you look for it in DS 4.5

Added:

Beautiful Fingers for Genesis (1.0)
    Cool and Sexy Poses For Stephanie 5 (1.0)
    GOM Genesis Male Morphs 1.1
    Miyu (1.4)

A note with a link to the thread with Richard Haseltine DAZ Studio 4.5 - Fix Duplicate IDs script was added to the notes.

Updated:

Fantasy Wrap for Genesis (1.4)

Duplicate Ids have been reported with:

Defiant for Genesis (1.5)
    FM Fight Club Clothing (1.0)
    Genesis Bikini (1.2)
    Hitomi’s Day Out (1.2)

Jade Assassin (1.1) in addition to having a duplicate problem was discovered to have had another bug. If you look for it in your Content Library it is under Minight_stories instead of Midnight_stories. Support is aware of this problem.

So we may get new versions of those in the near future.

Also, do note that I try to get the main list fixed as soon as I can, but may not have time to make a post to announce the updates to it right away because of time constraints.

The forums have been giving me trouble the past few days with making posts and updates, which also has been a major problem in making sure it is current. Almost didn't get this posted today because of that.

Thanks to vwrangler, Mike, and anyone I'm forgetting for all the recent contributions of updates and information on updates.

Thanks for all the kind words and support of this thread everyone.

Some quick replies to previous posts:

Sarsifus RDNA & Content Paradise have sent me out in the past emails when items have been updated.

I do miss that DAZ stopped doing that and doesn't have the Last Downloaded and other things that it used to have to help in keeping things up to date.

RAMWof I actually was thinking the same about this being insanity a few times.

With all the updates to genesis and the additions to MetaData to Non-Genesis. I wasn't to do any fun personal DS4 renders for about 2 months as all my free time was being spent downloading, uninstalling, and installing content. I know I had over 150 gigs of files I downloaded that were just updates for products from between last April and now, since I burn them to back up disks.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA, I'm glad that you thought to put up and maintain this list. It's good to have this information somewhere. (Now if only the Powers That Be could be persuaded to make it a sticky...)

Today's resets and version numbers:

Dead Nation Boots (1.0 - note that there may be issues when using the boots on a character with the David for Genesis shape dialed in; the vendor is aware of the issue and has contacted DAZ with the fix)

Alexios Hair (1.1, both Poser and Genesis)
    Corbin for M5 (1.0)
    Damaris Hair (1.1, both V4 and Genesis)
    Gabriella for V5 (1.0)
    Enticing Ladies (1.1)
    Handsome Head Morphs for Genesis (1.0)
    Leather Jacket for Genesis (1.0)

edited December 1969

Thanks vwrangler,

I just added them in.

Support is aware of those items I mentioned in my last post that were reported giving duplicate IDs. I mentioned that to them when I had to call them earlier about a glith with my PC mebership that happened today.

edited December 1969

Something I found when I tried to reopen a saved file using these items only to discover that Studio 4.0.3.47 threw off errors, so I reset them, just for the hell of it:

Breezy, for Summer Dress for Genesis (1.2 - in list at 1.1, updated to fix material settings tool tip error)
    Summer Dress for Genesis (1.1 - in list at 1.0, no reason given for update)

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

This doesn't look complicated at all! I'm gonna upgrade TODAY!

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    This really calls for an updated Itemized History (show the products in the order of when the latest version hit the store).
    I have 44 pages @ 50items /page, takes a while to find every item, even if you binary search or guess that "T" is about 38, or M is about 27 or G is about 18, but you always need to step a few pages back and forth.

I got so much to update and I've updates a lot already.

I agree completely. If you have windows you can use Taozen's download history: http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/ which lists everything in one page and allows batch resetting. However, I am not happy about having to use 3rd party software to do this. Daz should be providing an updated history and should be automatically resetting a product when it gets updated and then emailing us.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

just say thank yours all. sincearly. if I spoil this topic, I apologize.

but I hope ,,no, I require daz announce same things officially.

( you take privatetimes to report this, I know)