Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

It would be great if daz provided an auto update, or notification process for owners of products and include the uninstaller with the new update. It seem strange to me to me that this process is all user initiated. I own many daz products and wow, I'm going to be spending a lot of time on this... When I'd rather be doing daz modeling.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Updated:

Ethnicity for Genesis: African (1.2)
    Ethnicity for Genesis: Asian (1.2)
    Ethnicity for Genesis Bundle (1.2)
    Ethnicity for Genesis: Native American (1.2)
    Way of the Shinobi for Genesis (1.1)

Notes and Comments:

The Documentation Center gave no clue that Way of the Shinobi had been updated from 1.0 to 1.1 and I only discovered it was updated, by resting the bundle to get the version number for it. as I forgot to put it on the main list days ago.

Added in the the post with the main list a mention of the Non-Genesis Content with Metadata Mike maintains and gave a link to it.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2012

Jay_NOLA said:
    Updated:

Ethnicity for Genesis: African (1.2)
    Ethnicity for Genesis: Asian (1.2)
    Ethnicity for Genesis Bundle (1.2) . . .

I got 'em in the M5 3D Pro Suite -- any idea if those have been updated?
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Before I plough through multiple pages of products, cross-referencing lists against items to opt for a download reset, is there anywhere that actually says why the updates were done?

edited August 2012

KickAir 8P if the newer versions aren't in the bundle when you reset it just contact support so they can update the bundle.

I'm not sure if that particular bundle has been updated.

SimonJM the Online Documentation Center Read Me's list what was fixed when something was updated in most cases for newer updates. Most of the updates have been to fix issues when using the product with Studio 4.5.

The Ethnicity items for example, got updated morph regions for DAZ Studio 4.5.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    KickAir 8P if the newer versions aren't in the bundle when you reset it just contact support so they can update the bundle. I'm not sure if that particular bundle is updated.

I just tried it and got 13896_EthnicityAfrican_1.2_trx.exe , 13895_EthnicityAsian_1.2_trx.exe , and 13898_EthnicityNativeAmerican_1.2_trx.exe -- thanks!
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Elven Warrior for Genesis was updated on 7/27/12 to correct the metadata, no change to the content. New version is 1.2.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited August 2012

Ahh, here it is. I did mention just now in the Non-Genesis Items with Metadata thread that this thread existed as well.

But yeah, either way, even though the forums are actually functioning again, I think these threads deserve a merge and a sticky.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Updated:

Elven Warrior for Genesis (1.2)
    Genesis to Poser CR2 (1.2)

Added:

Addison (1.0)
    Andromedas Legend for Genesis (1.0)
    DMs Steps to Eternity (1.0)
    Kiyoko (1.0)

Can some one check if the list has the current version of Pharaohs of the Sun for Genesis Male? it got updated in June to fix a MetaData Issue.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,805
    edited December 1969

FYI, you've got Benjamin for M5 twice in the list.

Also, Underwear M5, in the M5 Pro Bundle, is at version 1.1. (Every single item in the M5 Pro Bundle has been updated EXCEPT Michael 5 himself. Weird.)

edited December 1969

Thanks vwrangler just removed that dup[licate and updated the Michael 5 entry to Michael 5 (Michael 5 1.0 / Underwear 1.1).

edited December 1969

Alruna is now at 1.3

edited December 1969

Thanks Mike.

Daz didn't update the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle with the new version of Alruna yet it seems.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Unless I get a notice from DAZ about updates I'm not bothering until all have been converted to ZIP files. The installers are a PITA enough as it is but not doing updates and then more updates. That's a huge list and I have most of it... no way.... YUK!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,124
    edited December 1969

Man by the looks of this thread I am sure glad I uninstalled Daz4 and genesis awhile back.. it looks like its more bother than it worth

edited December 1969

Casual Afternoon for Genesis (1.2)

edited December 1969

Alruna (1.3) is now in the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle. Support fixed it a few hours ago. The older 1.2 version was showing up along with the 1.3 one when I did a reset, so make sure you download the correct one.

I just updated the main list on the first page with the new ones that got reported recently new Genesis items that are part of the on this thread and added in the new items that are part of the Customer Appreciation Sale.

Thanks to all that have helped let me know when i needed to update or fix something on the products list.

edited December 1969

Updated and added to the list:

Pajamas for Michael 5( 1.2) (Removed Duplicate IDs.)
    Stand Up Poses for V5 (1.1) (Added Metadata.)

• Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited December 1969

Here there is another one:

Delilah for Genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/delilah-for-genesis

edited December 1969

Do you know the version number for Delliah for Genesis? I'll added it as soon as I get the version number.

Delilah for Genesis

Added on 8-16-2012:

Breezy (1.1)
    Classic Rolled Hair for Genesis (1.1)
    Jazlyn for Genesis Bundle (1.1)
    Jazlyn for Genesis Character and Hair (1.1)
    Jazlyn for Genesis Clothing and Accessories (1.1)
    Lady Blaze for Genesis (1.1)
    Summer Dress for Genesis (1.0)
    Textures for Jazlyn Jacket (1.0)
    Wilde Rhoads for Genesis (1.1)
    Xandra for Genesis (1.0)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Dystopian Weapons Cache 1 is now at version 1.1 (44.9MB)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I am confused.

If I have no intention of installing Studio 4.5 do I need to reset all my Genesis downloads?

Everything works fine at the moment and I'm not risking messing it all up!

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I am confused.

If I have no intention of installing Studio 4.5 do I need to reset all my Genesis downloads?

Everything works fine at the moment and I'm not risking messing it all up!

Not all the updates are for DS 4.5 compatibility -- if a product is working fine, there may not be any essential improvements. If the version number has incremented a lot from the one you have (1.0 > 1.8 as opposed to 1.0 > 1.1) then you probably want the update, but if it's only .1 there may not be anything you need.

edited August 2012

Updates 8-18-2012

Thanks SimonJM, Mike has the Dystopian Weaons Cache added to his list.

When I contact support on Monday about a tech issue I need to let them know the online Read Me for it doesn't indicate that it has been updated.

Added:

Adrenaline Rush for Wicked Bolero (1.0)
    Anime School Girl Textures (1.1)
    Genesis Starter Essentials (1.3)
    Jade Assassin (1.1) (The current version gives duplicate error)
    SciFi Renegade (1.3)
    SciFi Renegade Textures (1.1)
    Wicked Bolero (1.0)
    Wicked Red Cape (1.3)
    Wicked Red Carpet (1.0)
    Wicked Wear Future (1.2)
    Wicked Wear Future Textures (1.0)

Updated:

Elven Hair for Genesis (1.1)

Some prop and scene items have been included on this list when they come with poses, etc. specifically for Genesis.

The following stuff isn't on the list, but I'm posting it here so it can be found easily as it is related to updates and to save people the trouble of having to look through multiple threads and posts..

These have been updated for 4.5.

Elite Human Surface Expansion Pack 1 (1.1)
    omAreaLight Light Shader for DAZ Studio (1.3)
    pwCatch (1.2)
    pwEffect (1.2)
    pwGhost (1.2)
    pwSurface 2 (1.2)
    pwToon (1.2)
    pw Shaders Bundle (1.2)
    UberEnvironment HDRI Pack 1 (1.1 for DS4 / 1.1 for DS 2 & 3)
    UberHair Shader Upgrade for UberSurface (1.3)
    Uber Lighting Bundle (see each item in the bundle for the current version)
    UberPoint Light Shader for DAZ Studio (1.3)
    UberSoft Lighting Kit (1.3)
    UberSpot Light Shader for DAZ Studio (1.3)
    UberSurface2 Layered Shader for DAZ Studio (1.3)

These were updated a while back and not because of 4.5:

Visual Style Shaders (1.1)

Elite Human Surface Shader hasn't been updated. I contacted support to see if it had been last week after resetting all my elites that came with it.

Genesis Starter Essentials (1.3) is your basic content that was included in the older Daz Studio installer, but it is now in a separate installer.

If you have FaceShop 7+ Abalone LLC has a new plugin (dll) that works with the release version of DAZ Studio 4.5 and not the RC versions.
    It is are out for 32-bit and 64-bit for PC and the Mac version is in the works. according to Abalone LLC.

To use replace the existing faceshoploader.dll in the Studio “plugin” folder.

They can be downloaded at this link.

http://www.abalonellc.com/free-upgrade-for-existing-pro-users.html

Alessandro_AM just updated INFINITO 1.1 to work with 4.5. The new versions can be downloaded at:

http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/INFINITO1.1_4.5/infinitoPlugin.OSX.32.zip
    http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/INFINITO1.1_4.5/infinitoPlugin.OSX.64.zip
    http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/INFINITO1.1_4.5/infinitoPlugin.WIN.32.zip
    http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/INFINITO1.1_4.5/infinitoPlugin.WIN.64.zip

Daz Studio 4.5 versions exist for these plugins now.

3D Photoshop Bridge
    Decimator for Daz
    Dynamic Clothing Control
    GoZ
    Mimic Live

You do not install Darkside with 4.5, it is built in.

If you have multiple copies of Daz Studio and want to have the Photoshop Bridge work for both you need to install one version to the Adobe Plugins folder and the other to your Alternate plugins folder that you set in preferences in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. You can't put both versions in the same plugins folder.

Other updated plugins are in the works and will be released by venders when they are done and many have announced that they are working on them now.

Please report any updates to items on this list and things I don't have on it.

I'll be contacting support on Monday about the duplicate error with Jade Assassin (1.1).

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Do you know the version number for Delliah for Genesis? I'll added it as soon as I get the version number.

Delilah for Genesis

I think it should be version 1; but I am not sure because I am not able to download my own products from the store and verify this info from the installers.:blank:

edited August 2012

Thanks very much for posting these!

ETA: Do you mind if we copy the plugin list and make it a sticky?

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

Go ahead Mike and copy it to make it a sticky. I just updated that post with some more info, so use the newest version.

edited December 1969

Thanks, here's the sticky thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5976/

You can post updates to it directly if you like.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,875
    edited December 1969

Can anyone confirm if the 'A3 & H3 Shapes', and the 'S3 & FREAK Shapes' actually update anything? Have downloaded the 1.1 files and the dates of the files in the data folder don't seem to have changed.

I could be missing something obvious.

edited December 1969

Haruchai the morph regions were according to the online Read Me for those 2 products to make them compatible with 4.5.

Virtual_World when I contact support on Monday I'll ask to get the current version of Delliah and add it.

Mike thanks. I keep updating posts it seems today.