Daz Studio 4.21[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• giarbi said:

I can't even login to DAZ DIM to install it, says "Unable to login to the specified account.  Verify the email and/or password and try again."  Both email address and password are correct but it won't accept it.  It's the same if I try logging in DAZ "Smart Content Login", keeps saying my account cannot be verified.

After several looping attempts of verifying, I was able to change my password, and my email address has been the same since I started with DAZ back in 2004, but DAZ DIM still won't let me login to install the upgrade.

I'm attaching a screen shot in hopes of someone might be able to shed some light on this.

@giarbi  Daz won't let you sign in, if you haven't accepted the terms of the most recent Daz End User License Agreement (EULA).
    To check if, go here: here: https://www.daz3d.com/eula
    Also, certain characters are not allowed in passwords, check out this article for more info:
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207496406

Also, your DIM User Account settings may have become messed-up (.ini file). If you have a backup, you could try that, but the older version probably still has your original email and old password.
    .ini file location:
    C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/UserAccounts/

You could also try uninstalling Daz Install Manager, and try and re-install it, but make sure you have a copy of all your DIM advanced settings beforehand.

• So, parsing through the comments and after also running into problems with dForce, am I to understand that the latest NVIDIA drivers broke it?

• Julzjucie said:

So, parsing through the comments and after also running into problems with dForce, am I to understand that the latest NVIDIA drivers broke it?

That seems to be the case, the Studio drivers - which are what nVidia recommends anyway - are OK, but don't support the 40x0 series.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Julzjucie said:

So, parsing through the comments and after also running into problems with dForce, am I to understand that the latest NVIDIA drivers broke it?

That seems to be the case, the Studio drivers - which are what nVidia recommends anyway - are OK, but don't support the 40x0 series

The problem is I dont know enough about the studio drivers and gaming to install them. Guess I'll have to wait for NVIDIA to fix their stuff.

• oddboboddbob Posts: 348

Richard Haseltine said:

Julzjucie said:

That seems to be the case, the Studio drivers - which are what nVidia recommends anyway - are OK, but don't support the 40x0 series.

The nvidia studio drivers were updated today.

They are a higher revision number than the problematic game ready driver.

May also break Daz Studio, haven't tried them yet.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901
    edited October 2022

To anyone who wants to reverts to an earlier NVIDIA driver release, it might be worthwhile using NVCleanstall. It can also be used to install the last drivers.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited October 2022

Yikes!

Not bad for just the Free Genesis 9 Basics!

Only had a short time to play so far

Genesis 9 1st Test.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Will all my pre-Genesis 9 content work with this latest version of DAZ Studio? I have content from Victoria 4 to Victoria 8.1 that I'd still like to use. I decided to hold off on Victoria 9 for now, but I would need DAZ Studio 4.21 to play with Genesis 9? My Nvidia driver is Game Ready Driver version 516.59. Will that work with the lastest DAZ Studio version? My current DAZ Studio version is DAZ Studio 4.20.0.17. Thank you in advance for your time.

• Calliope23 said:

Will all my pre-Genesis 9 content work with this latest version of DAZ Studio? I have content from Victoria 4 to Victoria 8.1 that I'd still like to use. I decided to hold off on Victoria 9 for now, but I would need DAZ Studio 4.21 to play with Genesis 9? My Nvidia driver is Game Ready Driver version 516.59. Will that work with the lastest DAZ Studio version? My current DAZ Studio version is DAZ Studio 4.20.0.17. Thank you in advance for your time.

All your content will work with this release. You can use driver 517.40 without any issues, just don't install 522.30 at this moment. You could always install the current Public Beta and keep 4.20.0.17, as the Public Beta is the same version as the current general release.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

What is the easiest way to upgrade to this latest version (my current is 4.20)? Thanks!

• DoctorJellybean said:

Calliope23 said:

Will all my pre-Genesis 9 content work with this latest version of DAZ Studio? I have content from Victoria 4 to Victoria 8.1 that I'd still like to use. I decided to hold off on Victoria 9 for now, but I would need DAZ Studio 4.21 to play with Genesis 9? My Nvidia driver is Game Ready Driver version 516.59. Will that work with the lastest DAZ Studio version? My current DAZ Studio version is DAZ Studio 4.20.0.17. Thank you in advance for your time.

All your content will work with this release. You can use driver 517.40 without any issues, just don't install 522.30 at this moment. You could always install the current Public Beta and keep 4.20.0.17, as the Public Beta is the same version as the current general release.

Thank you for the information smiley

edited October 2022

Sigurd said:

What is the easiest way to upgrade to this latest version (my current is 4.20)? Thanks!

For me Daz Install Manager (DIM) is the way to go for installing everything Daz 3d!

Hmmm... is DIM still available for PC, or am I just grandfathered in? It's there for MacOS

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

I love DIM!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,360

I'm on a new machine, and weirdly, I'm not offered the Studio Beta anymore for download, although I used to get those before. Do I have to (re-)activaty anything in DIM on the nee computer for the betas to show up? Unfortunately, I can't really remember what I did on the old PC - something about having to 'buy' a beta first, but how, and where ...? Help much appreciated as I would like to test the beta first and keep 4.20 installed alongside.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800

Dartanbeck said:

I love DIM!

I don't.
    I've never understood, what DIM is useful for.
    Just go to your your ACCOUNT > product library > DAZ Studio
    Download DAZ studio and click the install button.
    Where is the problem?
    Same with Content.
    What is so difficult to install a zipped file?

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Masterstroke said:

Dartanbeck said:

I love DIM!

I don't.
    Where is the problem?
    Same with Content.

I download and install manually, but DIM is useful to keep track of any product updates.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800

Nath said:

Masterstroke said:

Dartanbeck said:

I love DIM!

I don't.
    Where is the problem?
    Same with Content.

I download and install manually, but DIM is useful to keep track of any product updates.

Point given. This is true. If I'm not sure, if a DS public release is out, I check it with DIM and download it manually. 

• tsroemi said:

I'm on a new machine, and weirdly, I'm not offered the Studio Beta anymore for download, although I used to get those before. Do I have to (re-)activaty anything in DIM on the nee computer for the betas to show up? Unfortunately, I can't really remember what I did on the old PC - something about having to 'buy' a beta first, but how, and where ...? Help much appreciated as I would like to test the beta first and keep 4.20 installed alongside.

Make sure Public Builds are checked in DIM (Settings - Advanced Settings - Downloads).

• G315tG315t Posts: 20

Didn't they said somewhere in a presentation that 4.21 will come with integrated stuff to convert poses of gen8 to gen9? I just tried to load a pose of gen8 on gen 9 and (of course) it does not work, but I had the assumption, that there would be a converter in place? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456

G315t said:

Didn't they said somewhere in a presentation that 4.21 will come with integrated stuff to convert poses of gen8 to gen9? I just tried to load a pose of gen8 on gen 9 and (of course) it does not work, but I had the assumption, that there would be a converter in place? 

Nope, Jay said it was a commercial product developed by a PA, not released yet. 

• G315tG315t Posts: 20

PerttiA said:

G315t said:

Nope, Jay said it was a commercial product developed by a PA, not released yet. 

Ah ok, many thanks for the information. Guess I'll have to wait then.  

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Masterstroke said:

Dartanbeck said:

I love DIM!

I don't.
    Where is the problem?
    Same with Content.

One zip? Two zips? Three? No problem.

Before DIM came out, I would download and install maybe 10 or 20 purchases at a time and slowly fell behind; I'd install what I wanted to use at the moment, and left the ones I didn't need right away for... well, eventually years. It wasn't until DIM arrived that I'd actually installed everything I'd purchased from DAZ.

I retired in June and decided to install a completely fresh library; I set up a new SSD drive and DIM and hit download. A couple of days later I had 15,000+ products installed, all the latest versions. Time spent? A couple of minutes?

I'm not sure how long it takes you to find three or four items in your account, download them and install the zips, but however many minutes it takes you is time I save.

As well, besides automatically tracking and letting you install updates (I *never* had all the updates installed before DIM, and usually didn't know that many *had* been updated), I use DIM to show me where items are installed when I need to either find the library item or some of the resources for the item, like the textures.

I love DIM.

• 3DRT said:

oddbob said:

Tried 3 dforce items, got two failed to prepare item or some such and an instant CTD with hair.

Restarted - tried different hair

2022-10-13 18:02:07.833 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (Device 0).

Edited to add - just got ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2489): ERROR: clEnqueueMapBuffer (-36)

This is all very exciting.

More editing - As LsX stated above it's the latest game ready driver that broke dforce.

Installed the latest studio driver and the issues have gone.

They claim the game ready driver has shader compilation optimizations and reduced CPU overhead. Works very well in games, saw about a 10% uplift in performance and lower CPU use. Doesn't play nice with DS.

Can confirm that this issue is reproducible on a 3080Ti with 4.21 and the 522.25 driver. Has anyone filed a bug report yet?

Yup, same here no matter the driver version, many of my dforce assets fail to initialize and my log also mentions Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080ti (Device 0)

• oddboboddbob Posts: 348

chbautist_449450d875 said:

Yup, same here no matter the driver version, many of my dforce assets fail to initialize and my log also mentions Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080ti (Device 0)

Studio driver 517.40 works for me with a 3090.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,360

DoctorJellybean said:

tsroemi said:

Make sure Public Builds are checked in DIM (Settings - Advanced Settings - Downloads).

Thank you, will do that!

• Since daz studio update, i cannot render two models in scene, single model is render , i use 3060 rtx , as soon as i click render it turns off, is this issue with daz or?

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190

Holy crap...I've been running with Daz studio 4.14 for a long time now. I need a new laptop and was concerned that the later version of Daz studio would finish it off considering I can only render IRAY on the cpu...since the twin Gforce 755s are past their best
    Decided that the heck, I'll try 4.21 and take a chance....I can't beleive it that loading a base character is now increibly fast! Dforce even works, so when I get a new laptop, I'll still be able to use this machine as a backup!

Steve C

• dendendeer009 said:

Since daz studio update, i cannot render two models in scene, single model is render , i use 3060 rtx , as soon as i click render it turns off, is this issue with daz or?

What do you mean it turns off?

Masterstroke said:

Dartanbeck said:

I love DIM!

I don't.
    Where is the problem?
    Same with Content.

Ah yes. I haven't tried Connect yet. 

I use DIM constantly as my file look-up database. Say, I need to make a mask for a certain texture from a certain product. Type in the product, right-click: Show Installed Files

Click on any one of the listings to be taken into its folder. Handy as all get-out!

I'm also from a previous era, and have quite a few runtime structures. DIM makes it nice to grab bucket loads of content and install to specific places. I'm sure Connect can do that too. Haven't tried it.

Hey Daz 3d devs,

I Absolutely Love the changes in the new LIE!!! So Awesome!