Daz Studio 4.21[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• giarbi said:

I can't even login to DAZ DIM to install it, says "Unable to login to the specified account.  Verify the email and/or password and try again."  Both email address and password are correct but it won't accept it.  It's the same if I try logging in DAZ "Smart Content Login", keeps saying my account cannot be verified.

After several looping attempts of verifying, I was able to change my password, and my email address has been the same since I started with DAZ back in 2004, but DAZ DIM still won't let me login to install the upgrade.

I'm attaching a screen shot in hopes of someone might be able to shed some light on this.

There seems to be a server problem atm.

• I was told it was fixed, but with a minor further update incoming possibly.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2022

Anyone else having problems with DIM not installing it correctly? I'm left with DS4.20 icon on desktop and showing in the start menu but not working and no sign of ds4.21...

Edited to add I worked out that it was installed but it left the old icons and the old start menu listing for ds4.20 for some reason. This hasn't happened in the past

though.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • wsterdan said:

I might be in the minority, but I'm seeing vrey acceptable load times. Where loading a single G3 or G8 character used to take around five or six minutes, they're loading now in 30-40 seconds,  A full scene that was takng 16 minutes to load now takes between two and three minutes.

I just noticed it too, the lag time for loading a character has dropped considerably with the new release.  I haven't tried it with multiple characters or scenes yet, but I'll give it a shot at some point.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 741

Richard Haseltine said:

azcraigrr said:

And still no fix for loading a saved file with a character's eyes pointed at camera.

My only fix is to record the eye position, set the eyes to point at 'none,' manually position the eyes, then lock the camera.

Please make a bug report, via a ticket, attaching the simplest scene you can set up to show the issue.

It's a long standing bug but difficult to repro; it has certainly been happening for years.  In the past I've given up on using "constraints" to make eyes point to point at the camera because simply moving between animation frames can cause the eyes to go wrong.

I think it might be related to having the character and/or the camera nested in a group or other object (for example a building).  Most recently that's the only time I noticed it happening.  Of course if you don't notice you end up with a junk render.

Recently the fix has been to nudge the camera up then ^Z (necessary to avoid a spurious animation key generation).

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

giarbi said:

I can't even login to DAZ DIM to install it, says "Unable to login to the specified account.  Verify the email and/or password and try again."  Both email address and password are correct but it won't accept it.  It's the same if I try logging in DAZ "Smart Content Login", keeps saying my account cannot be verified.

I got another problem a couple of days ago logging into DAZ store. Guess they're busy changing everything and losing something all the time recently.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I had a problem logging in the store today. It told me repeatedly that my email or my password was wrong. When I decided to give up and went to the main store page instead of the page I tried logging in, I was logged in. Go figure ... surprise

• Pendraia said:

Anyone else having problems with DIM not installing it correctly? I'm left with DS4.20 icon on desktop and showing in the start menu but not working and no sign of ds4.21...

Edited to add I worked out that it was installed but it left the old icons and the old start menu listing for ds4.20 for some reason. This hasn't happened in the past

though.

Odd, I have no relics in my Start Menu - and they should work anyway as the executable name and location will be the same (unless you changed them in DIM or used a diffrent method to install).

• cain-xcain-x Posts: 155

bishbosch said:

Is there up-to-date documentation for the new (and old) FBX export settings? The environment I'm trying to transfer to Unreal as an FBX is exploding, with parented things like windows and doors scattering, which wasn't happening before.

Is this using the DAZ to Unreal bridge? FBX export from DAZ has always been a crapshoot as there hasn't been a way to apply the transforms on export. Has this changed now? Also FBX import into DAZ usually ends up with a spegetti monster in the Scene.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,298

cain-x said:

bishbosch said:

Is there up-to-date documentation for the new (and old) FBX export settings? The environment I'm trying to transfer to Unreal as an FBX is exploding, with parented things like windows and doors scattering, which wasn't happening before.

Is this using the DAZ to Unreal bridge? FBX export from DAZ has always been a crapshoot as there hasn't been a way to apply the transforms on export. Has this changed now? Also FBX import into DAZ usually ends up with a spegetti monster in the Scene.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_21_0_5

Search for FBX 

• cain-xcain-x Posts: 155
    edited October 2022

Yeah.. just tested it. Export from DAZ is not WYSIWYG on FBX output. Parts/props end up in various places in the output if they were moved in the scene. 

P.S. The bug is still present where animation playback cannot be paused by pressing spacebar.

Post edited by cain-x on
  • I'me i the only one who can no longer use D-force?
    and also there are more than two minutes of "preparation" before the rendering begins.
    For me this update isn't good at all.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,577

alixonlabat said:

I'me i the only one who can no longer use D-force?
    and also there are more than two minutes of "preparation" before the rendering begins.

That probably has to do with the NVidia driver you are using. Use a Studio driver, not a Game Ready driver. 

• alixonlabat said:

I'me i the only one who can no longer use D-force?

There appears to be an issue with the latest NVIDIA driver. If you are using that, try the previous driver version.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,758

I'm on 517.40 driver and D-force works just fine for me. Maybe even better. Not sure, that it is the driver.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,298
    edited October 2022

There are several threads here that essentially prove the culprit to be the 522 driver

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,758

PerttiA said:

There are several threads here that essentially prove the culprit to be the 522 driver

Didn't know, there is a newer one. Downloaded and installed mine after the first G9 stream. 

• Can I go back to the previous version of Daz3d because due to the latest update Daz3d program crashes at random times?

• 3DRT3DRT Posts: 61

oddbob said:

Tried 3 dforce items, got two failed to prepare item or some such and an instant CTD with hair.

Restarted - tried different hair

2022-10-13 18:02:07.833 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: Unknown error executing clFlush on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (Device 0).

Edited to add - just got ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2489): ERROR: clEnqueueMapBuffer (-36)

This is all very exciting.

More editing - As LsX stated above it's the latest game ready driver that broke dforce.

Installed the latest studio driver and the issues have gone.

They claim the game ready driver has shader compilation optimizations and reduced CPU overhead. Works very well in games, saw about a 10% uplift in performance and lower CPU use. Doesn't play nice with DS.

Can confirm that this issue is reproducible on a 3080Ti with 4.21 and the 522.25 driver. Has anyone filed a bug report yet?

• EmArtist?EmArtist? Posts: 8
    edited October 2022

anyone try importing a new garment that you created from like lets say MD? My usually workflow seems bugged 

Export Base Model to MD 
    Create Garment > Export out to substance > Import into Daz 
    Click on the obj from the scene tab > Select the menu drop down to transfermorphs> 
    Throws error Tried a few things but iono lol many  issues much confuse. 

how do you go back a build lol >.>

Post edited by EmArtist? on
  • akiraxsojiki said:

anyone try importing a new garment that you created from like lets say MD? My usually workflow seems bugged 

Export Base Model to MD 
    Create Garment > Export out to substance > Import into Daz 
    Click on the obj from the scene tab > Select the menu drop down to transfermorphs> 
    Throws error Tried a few things but iono lol many  issues much confuse. 

how do you go back a build lol >.>

I'm not following what you are trying to do - tranferring morphs usally requires that the target be a figure rigged to fit to the source, via Transfer Utility, and you don't seem to be doing that.

edited October 2022
    Kinda done it 100 times in past and worked no problem, it's not working for me since update. Dunno why tried fresh avatar creation with new daz version and a quick shirt test with a garment still messed up. The results are even more strange when using fbx vs obj. Was working last night now not working. Basicly this workflow.
  • akiraxsojiki said:

Kinda done it 100 times in past and worked no problem, it's not working for me since update. Dunno why tried fresh avatar creation with new daz version and a quick shirt test with a garment still messed up. The results are even more strange when using fbx vs obj. Was working last night now not working. Basicly this workflow.

Please explain in words, it is not practical to watch a seven minute vieo and try to guess which bit applies.

• janogiers_6eb90cceb3 said:

Can I go back to the previous version of Daz3d because due to the latest update Daz3d program crashes at random times?

@janogiers_6eb90cceb3 Yes, you can go back to your previous versin of Daz Studio, as long as you had saved the previous version .exe file for the Daz Studio installer. If you saved the older version of DS, then uninstall your currently installed Daz Studio using whichever tool you used to install, such as DIM or DAZ Central and then run the prior version Daz Studio .exe (if you didn't back-up your old version of Daz Studio, then you may be out-of-luck and should contact Daz Support for help with the new version).
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055963392-How-do-I-uninstall-delete-Daz-Studio-

edited October 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

akiraxsojiki said:

Please explain in words, it is not practical to watch a seven minute vieo and try to guess which bit applies.

Got it working just reinstalled daz, guess something went screwy in the update process.  

• Installed this, and now my viewport is just a gray void.  The controls are hidden to, though my cursor does change when I hover over them.

• thistledownsname said:

Installed this, and now my viewport is just a gray void.  The controls are hidden to, though my cursor does change when I hover over them.

That sounds like the result of Daz Studio still being active in the background when the new version was isntalled. Close Daz Studio, make sure its process has closed (check Task manager with More Details enabled if you are on Windows), and uninstal/reinstall.

• I hadn't opened DAZ since a restart, so that seems unlikely; but I'll try the uninstall / reinstall.

• The less drastic restarting the machine did the job.

• giarbi said:

After several looping attempts of verifying, I was able to change my password, and my email address has been the same since I started with DAZ back in 2004, but DAZ DIM still won't let me login to install the upgrade.

I'm attaching a screen shot in hopes of someone might be able to shed some light on this.

It's working just fine for me, and I'm using the same version exactly of DIM (on a Macbook running the latest Monterey). So it's either platform or something with your password, I guess. Good luck!