Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,796
    edited October 2022

UnifiedBrain said:

Bunyip02 said:

Anubis WIP - 2 and Render

Render

Good overall setup.

The issue I have is the inconsistent lighting.  The character is dark and flat.  But the platform (for example) has shininess, and it's texture is clearly visible.

Why not add some shininess to the character, so its features and textures are more visible?

Used Fenrics Skin Doctor on Anubis, left shininess at 4% and adjusted highlight to 20%

CC64 Anubis 1b.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,912

Carrara highlight is specular, shininess is roughness

I tend to set the latter quite high and the former very low unless I want the character sweaty

edited October 2022

UnifiedBrain said:

Bunyip02 said:

Pleading with the Gods - Final

Final Image

Nice scene and use of Egyptian characters!  For me, the lighting is much improved.  I would still like to see more face detail, especially from the guy pleading his case.  I tend to emotionally connect to the render of a character when face expression and hand position are more emphasized.

With the angle of the scene it is not possible to get a look at the Egyptians face without spinning the scene around. I did add a spotlight to lighten him up though !

WIP

Updated Image

CC64 Pleading with the Gods WIP 5.png
    2281 x 1033 - 975K
    CC64 Pleading with the Gods 1b Tpz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M

ed3D said:

the Myths and Legends  Contest  W.I.P.

did  not  enter the contest    -   thanx   -

Hello ed3D, you don't have any Egyptian style clothes that you can fit to the characters by chance ?

Diomede said:

Stezza - Sarcaphagos Rock should be added to Schoolhouse Rock, just after Conjunction Junction and before I am just a Bill on Capitol Hill.  Brilliant caricatures.

Bunyip, your deities really came through.  Great to see the before and after of post work.  Excellent.

Headwax, hoping all the best for your visits to folks in hospital.  Sending Positive vibes.

ed3D, saw that WIP in the myths announcement thread.  Too bad you didn't enter.  The challenge was all very confusing.  Did I hear correctly that there was some sort of AI issue towards the end?

REVAX - welcome.  I don't remember that set.  Could be pretty cool.  If you click the little landscape icon at the top of the forum typing box, you can insert a larger image to your post.

Khoe - nice job on the background farmhouse.  See above comment about attaching larger images.  :)

Wendy - keep the comments coming.  Appreciate participation in all its forms.

Keep up the good work, everyone.  I will be going out of town for about a week. Will have my laptop so will try to follow along, but may not have updates of my own.

Thanks !!! Safe Travel !

edited October 2022

Scorpian !!!

WIP

CC64 Scorpian WIP 1.png
    2593 x 1035 - 980K
    edited October 2022

WIPs, Render, and Final Image

WIP - Spotlight added, clothes spruiked up, and metal shader applied to the blades.

Raw Render

WIP - Topaz Adjust used to bring out details and some colour

WIP - Topaz Adjust used to intensify the colours.

Final Image

CC64 Scorpian WIP 2.png
    2627 x 1030 - 900K
    CC64 Scorpian 1.png
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    CC64 Scorpian WIP 3.png
    1922 x 1033 - 1M
    CC64 Scorpian WIP 4.png
    1919 x 1032 - 1M
    CC64 Scorpian 1 Tpz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

Bunyip02 said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Bunyip02 said:

Pleading with the Gods - Final

Final Image

Nice scene and use of Egyptian characters!  For me, the lighting is much improved.  I would still like to see more face detail, especially from the guy pleading his case.  I tend to emotionally connect to the render of a character when face expression and hand position are more emphasized.

With the angle of the scene it is not possible to get a look at the Egyptians face without spinning the scene around. I did add a spotlight to lighten him up though !

WIP

Updated Image

great idea... being gods I would have had them on top of the steps looking down at the morsel grovelling at the bottom of the steps for mercy angel

Stezza said:

Bunyip02 said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Updated Image

great idea... being gods I would have had them on top of the steps looking down at the morsel grovelling at the bottom of the steps for mercy angel

Thanks !!!

Tried at the top of the stairs but the scene just didn't work out - also needed to be wider and more distant, wanted to show the Gods up fairly close !

edited October 2022

I see there are a couple G8F "Egyptian" outfits in FastGrab devil

not worth it for me in Australia but some might be interested

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I see there are a couple G8F "Egyptian" outfits in FastGrab devil

not worth it for me in Australia but some might be interested

yep, same... no buying anything in the foreseeable future the way the $ is..

and I thought that Daz don't look at the forums... lol ... happens quite regular wink 

edited October 2022

Final Image Updated

The skid marks in the sand were giving me grief so I used the Clone tool in Paint Shop Pro to get rid of them.

CC64 Scorpian 1 Tpz b.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,997

And Then  _  a few  W.I.P.s

_  the  Lady one is Bryce 7 Pro

G2-PYRMD-1Ab.png
    1280 x 720 - 416K
    Screenshot (75).png
    1920 x 1029 - 693K
    edited October 2022

Modelled the pyramid from a cube then duplicated it several times.

Used the realistic sky setting along with one distant light and one sunlight with a lens flare.

Used various Daz3d store props and a Lysander model with Camelia the dromedary and TerraDome2 .

Used PSE22 for the collage effect.

Screenshot_20221011_021621.png
    1627 x 771 - 840K
    Pyramids Collage.png
    900 x 460 - 497K
    Pyramids.png
    900 x 460 - 433K
    Post edited by Stezza on

ed3D said:

And Then  _  a few  W.I.P.s

_  the  Lady one is Bryce 7 Pro

Making progress, looking forward to seeing how this one develops !!!

Stezza said:

Used the realistic sky setting along with one distant light and one sunlight with a lens flare.

Used various Daz3d store props and a Lysander model with Camelia the dromedary and TerraDome2 .

Very nice, like how you made a composite of the whole image !!!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Stezza said:

For sure, this one deserves a bigger image.

Nice textures on everything, and a great modeling job on the pyramids (including the top part).  And of course, a creative collage.

Are you aware that there are no decent pyramids in the Daz or Rendo world?  I'm attempting to model one in Carrara.  It is painfully slow, and will probably look flakey, but it will at least resemble a Giza pyramid.

edited October 2022

thanks @bunyip02

this one I started with the scene wizard selecting the dunes...

the pyramids and other models I modelled in Carrara

Pyramid Clones

PyramidClones_WiP.jpg
    1524 x 708 - 421K
    Pyramid Clones.png
    1000 x 453 - 427K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • KhoeKhoe Posts: 293

ou are really great already so many great wiping pictures. You seem to like the topic.
    Go ahead, the challenge will take quite a while.

UnifiedBrain said:

Stezza said:

For sure, this one deserves a bigger image.

Nice textures on everything, and a great modeling job on the pyramids (including the top part).  And of course, a creative collage.

Are you aware that there are no decent pyramids in the Daz or Rendo world?  I'm attempting to model one in Carrara.  It is painfully slow, and will probably look flakey, but it will at least resemble a Giza pyramid.

Thanks UB

i did render this one a tad bigger whilst thinking of you wink

the pyramid is just the standard cube and the top part I just copied the top polygons pasted and then pulled some vertices with soft selection then added a little thickness. 

Diomede said:

ed3D, saw that WIP in the myths announcement thread.  Too bad you didn't enter.  The challenge was all very confusing.  Did I hear correctly that there was some sort of AI issue towards the end?

Keep up the good work, everyone.  I will be going out of town for about a week. Will have my laptop so will try to follow along, but may not have updates of my own.

+  yeah ,  it seemed to be ( a mix-up )   _   the A.I.  deal ,   saw several remarks ,  idk  what it was about it   _   looked at   "a Number of the Enrtys"   +   &  thanx 

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

the Myths and Legends  Contest  W.I.P.

did  not  enter the contest    -   thanx   -

Hello ed3D, you don't have any Egyptian style clothes that you can fit to the characters by chance ?

and  idk if  i do or not  _  suppose could  just  have a similar look  as in looks  Kind of righte  +  &   thanx  

edited October 2022

the runner up entry was a very obvious Midjourney AI render

I saw it immeadiately, they have a certain look

it has now been disqualified and the others moved up a peg

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited October 2022

a new WIP my scene. It's going very slowly at the moment. There are always missing objects that have to be procured first. I am looking for suitable clothes for women.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-13 um 19.33.34.png
    1848 x 1032 - 2M
    Desert-wip2.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 131K
    Post edited by Khoe on

Stezza said:

thanks @bunyip02

this one I started with the scene wizard selecting the dunes...

the pyramids and other models I modelled in Carrara

Pyramid Clones

Cool !!!

Khoe said:

a new WIP my scene. It's going very slowly at the moment. There are always missing objects that have to be procured first. I am looking for suitable clothes for women.

Looking good !!!

Moroccan Dreams for Victoria 4 - https://www.daz3d.com/moroccan-dreams-for-victoria-4

Moroccan Dreams Unimesh Fits - https://www.daz3d.com/moroccan-dreams-unimesh-fits

Kamal - https://www.daz3d.com/kamal

Amal My Protector - https://www.daz3d.com/amal-my-protector

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the runner up entry was a very obvious Midjourney AI render

I saw it immeadiately, they have a certain look

it has now been disqualified and the others moved up a peg

Alrighte  then   +  &   thanx   ~ 

Bunyip02 said:

Khoe said:

Looking good !!!

Moroccan Dreams for Victoria 4 - https://www.daz3d.com/moroccan-dreams-for-victoria-4

Moroccan Dreams Unimesh Fits - https://www.daz3d.com/moroccan-dreams-unimesh-fits

Kamal - https://www.daz3d.com/kamal

Amal My Protector - https://www.daz3d.com/amal-my-protector

oh Thanks :laugh

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Stezza said: 

the pyramid is just the standard cube and the top part I just copied the top polygons pasted and then pulled some vertices with soft selection then added a little thickness. 

Thanks for the details!