Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,690

ed3D said:

And ,  a  couple  of   W.I.P.'ers  _  

same Scene  ,  just Differnt Camra Views  -  Thanx

Nice start !!!

Diomede said:

Argh, and more argh.  I am just having all sorts of trouble this time around.  Another scene, another crash.  In this, I had 2 Genesis 9 figures, one set to my G8 Male Mummy morph and one set to Victoria 9.  I had one Carrara hair for V9 which I liked and did not save (argh, that was very stupid of me).  I had maybe 4 or 5 props with some tiled shaders of Egypt-themed texture maps.  I had one vertex object to be V9's clothing/wrapping.  Lighting was set up.  All was well and I was getting close to doing test renders.  I decided to try to add some detail to a prop by adding Carrara hair - and crash-o freeze-o.  

Argh, argh, argh.

What a PITA - was hoping your troubles were behind you !!!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

And ,  a  couple  of   W.I.P.'ers  _  

same Scene  ,  just Differnt Camra Views  -  Thanx

Nice start !!!

well ,.,.Thanx   _  kind of lik the Closer View ,  somehow  , But , not sure which   // 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited November 2022

Diomede said:

Thanks for the comments, UB, Stezza, and Bunyip.

Looking good, ed3D.  Did you decide to import the Bryce pyramids?  Or are those Carrara objects?

And  only Sphere is an Carraia object  +   All others is Blenders  -  And  Thanx 

Post edited by ed3D on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078
    edited November 2022

Yay.  I managed to actually render a scene with Genesis 9 morphed to the shape of the G8 Male Mummy and Victoria 9.  The wrapped male mummy with the ankh is a prop from a Daz Egypt set, as is the open sarcaphagus.  Created a procedural skin shader for the G9 Male Mummy instead of trying to figure out how to get G8 maps to G9.  The skin is a mixture of the skin that comes with Carrara in the organic folder and some 'freaky skins' Carrara product and some of my own playing around.  Lost a lot of the bump/normal detail by not using the maps that come with the G8 Male Mummy.

Another note when using G9 in Carrara.  Always check conformed items when you change a pose.  I had to unfit and then 'fit to' the eyebrows, the eyes, and eyelashes to G9 a couple of times.  Ditto for the bandage wrapping I modeled and attached to the G9 skeleton.

The title is a Carrara text object with a bulge modifier applied.

Will probably be making some more adjustments but here is the raw render from Carrara, and the scene setup.

Mummys Bride 03.png
    1067 x 1600 - 905K
    scene setup.jpg
    1482 x 1012 - 211K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Note - this is a NNVIATWAS

Nearly Naked Vicky in a Temple with a Soulmate.

edited November 2022

Provisional Entry

Assuming still permitted, I may swap this out after some more adjustments.

Mummy Bride Entry.jpg
    1067 x 1600 - 219K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited November 2022

Thanks Ted and Bunyip02 - unfortunately doing funeral stuff . Don't have much time for Carrara at the moment. 

Here's the setup in Carrara and the prepost job. At first I rendered with alpha on - hence the black sky in the final.

boatcliffnoalpha.jpg
    2000 x 2642 - 2M
    setup.jpg
    2450 x 1386 - 1M
    Post edited by Headwax on

More Inspiration

Getting closer to the deadline, but atill time to get entries in.  Here is a 3-D related exhibit in Los Angeles.

Beyond King Tut

https://beyondkingtut.com/city/los-angeles/

Headwax said:

Thanks Ted and Bunyip02 - unfortunately doing funeral stuff . Don't have much time for Carrara at the moment.

Sending Condolences & Man-hugs !!!!!!

Headwax said:

Here's the setup in Carrara and the prepost job. At first I rendered with alpha on - hence the black sky in the final.

Blessings to you and your family.  heartbroken heart

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433

Maybe for a delta etc - River Styem plug-in by Sparrowhawke3D 

https://www.patreon.com/posts/river-system-72665767

• Headwax said:

sending condolences heart losing one's Mum is the hardest thing for anyone 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited November 2022

rk66 said:

Post moved to WIP thread

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited November 2022

rk66 said:

Thanks.  That suggested plugin would be a great help for my Nile Delta project.  I asked that the comment be moved to this WIP thread.

Diomede said:

Provisional Entry

Definately a near naked Vicky !!!

Diomede said:

rk66 said:

Thanks.  That suggested plugin would be a great help for my Nile Delta project.  I asked that the comment be moved to this WIP thread.

Nice scene !!!

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 292

rk66 said:

it's a pity that the plugin doesn't exist for MAC. Maybe someone can compile it. I would like that

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433

@Khoe

A few plugins for Mac you can find here (scroll down)

http://www.sparrowhawke3d.com/Sparrowhawke3DLaboratory.html

edited November 2022

Another inspiration that I will try to implement in the future.
    The image was generated by AI software (midjourney). At the moment I'm wondering how I could best implement the pyramids, especially the textures give me headaches. If anyone has any ideas...

Klaus_H_old_egypt_Cinematic_light_--v4_90b6ee3c-967c-4f2c-8fe1-9ef3c230287a.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Looks mighty good from here.  Nice render

edited November 2022

On pyramids and textures.  As a starting place, I think I would experiment with displacement map textures.  Displacement works better when subdivision smoothing is enabled.  Therefore, I recommend using the fillet tool on the edges of the pyramid model before smoothing in order to keep the shape.  Here, I took a square grid and some scratch maps into an image editor and made a quick displacement map.  Here is an experiment of using the displacement map on a simple pyramid made and uvmapped in the vertex modeler.  This is just a starting point.  I think some of the pyramids have a step structure so that should probably be modeled in instead of relying on the texture.

aa02 pyramid uvmap.jpg
    2407 x 1263 - 304K
    Pyramid texture 3 more even dark.jpg
    800 x 800 - 230K
    aa05 displacement.jpg
    2517 x 1195 - 309K
    aa06 test render.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 200K
    edited November 2022

Increase subdvision smoothing strains computer but gets better results.

aa07 increasesubdivision smoothing.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 212K
    edited November 2022

Apply Yellow Mesa terrain texture that comes with Carrara.

aa08 apply yellow mesa testure.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 206K

Diomede said:

Nice !!!

• Bunyip02 said:

Diomede said:

Nice !!!

+1

I was thinking of doing something similar.  Good use of that mesa texture.  A rather obvious choice in hindsight, but I probably wouldn't have thought of it.

• Diomede said:

Provisional Entry

Well done.  It looks like a 40's pulp magazine.

The scratch texture (a good idea) you applied doesn't show up unless you enable a larger view, which you didn't do.  But even if it was bigger, I think that you could make the scratches stronger and more obvious.

Thank you, Bunyip and UnifiedBrain for comments on Mummy's Bride pulp book cover and the demonstration of using a displacement shader for a pyramid.  On my actual entries, I feel like I am too little too late with 3 of my 4 entries. Aaargh.  My apologies to Khoe.

In hindsight, one thing I would very much have liked to have tried would have been to use Alberto's Fluidos plugin to part the Red Sea.  I think Carrara could probably animate that well.  No animation entry from me this time. My intention had been to try to do one animation in any challenge allowing for multiple entries.  Argh.  Spent too much of the time period without my main PC.  Including now.  Traveling for American Thanksgiving.

edited November 2022

another wip picture. Trying to recreate the image I posted from ai program Midjorny. I was able to find a 3d scan of the pyramids on Sketchfab But now I have to hurry to finish the picture. there are still many things to be done.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-21 um 10.29.44.png
    1190 x 1397 - 1M
    Pyramiden.jpg
    810 x 1080 - 86K
    Post edited by Khoe on

Khoe said:

another wip picture. Trying to recreate the image I posted from ai program Midjorny. I was able to find a 3d scan of the pyramids on Sketchfab But now I have to hurry to finish the picture. there are still many things to be done.

Time is ticking by - nice render !!!