UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Everything went on sale for $1.99 by accident that day. They fixed it right away.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2022

Sharing something that was created by happenstance. This is Mesh to Volume, run on a USC terrain. This was thrown together so there's a lot that could be better about it, but it does make an interesting - if rather demanding to render - fog.

WeirdFogEffect.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050

avmorgan said:

Uthgard said:

avmorgan said:

Well, after the vMaterials 2 update I'm still getting a black surface render. I'll poke at it a bit more, but I doubt I'll be able to fix this by trial and error.

I don't know if this will help, but I have a persistent issue where any custom shaders show up as black for no discernible reason. The workaround I've found is to save the scene and reload it--for some reason, DS will then correctly process the custom shaders (but any new surfaces with custom shaders will require the same workaround, even if they use a shader already loaded in the scene). Fingers crossed.

I appreciate the tip. I'll remember to try it out the next time I work on that scene. I think I saved it, though I kinda set it aside to deal with "later" if a suggestion  like this came in. 

As a side note, I forgot about the 1st of October sales and missed my chance to pick up the Tropics bundles for USC and UXT! $1.99 apiece, if Daz-Deals' price history is correct. Can you believe it? 

I did not see that... and I've been diligent about watching EVERY day... 4-5times a day... I think it's a goof price.  More than half my wishlist went down to 1.99 in history... but I never saw the items go down.  :(  Now my history is messed up royal... (sighs)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,127
    edited October 2022

Why is this guy out in the rain and what is he doing with that rock?

G8.1M USC Rocks 6 Oaks 8_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited October 2022

Wow barb, great one as ususal. Very nice. Nice showcase of the rain tool also.

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,045

Llola Lane said:

avmorgan said:

Uthgard said:

avmorgan said:

Well, after the vMaterials 2 update I'm still getting a black surface render. I'll poke at it a bit more, but I doubt I'll be able to fix this by trial and error.

I don't know if this will help, but I have a persistent issue where any custom shaders show up as black for no discernible reason. The workaround I've found is to save the scene and reload it--for some reason, DS will then correctly process the custom shaders (but any new surfaces with custom shaders will require the same workaround, even if they use a shader already loaded in the scene). Fingers crossed.

I appreciate the tip. I'll remember to try it out the next time I work on that scene. I think I saved it, though I kinda set it aside to deal with "later" if a suggestion  like this came in. 

As a side note, I forgot about the 1st of October sales and missed my chance to pick up the Tropics bundles for USC and UXT! $1.99 apiece, if Daz-Deals' price history is correct. Can you believe it? 

I did not see that... and I've been diligent about watching EVERY day... 4-5times a day... I think it's a goof price.  More than half my wishlist went down to 1.99 in history... but I never saw the items go down.  :(  Now my history is messed up royal... (sighs)

As far as I know, the 1.99 was a store-wide glitch that got corrected very quickly. So notifications for Daz Deals addon went out, and the history shows "recent best" as 1.99 for everyone, but my guess is that hardly anyone benefitted from that price (maybe some people in Europe? I was up at 7am EST and it was already fixed) and it was not intended to be that low.

joanna said:

Llola Lane said:

avmorgan said:

Uthgard said:

avmorgan said:

As far as I know, the 1.99 was a store-wide glitch that got corrected very quickly. So notifications for Daz Deals addon went out, and the history shows "recent best" as 1.99 for everyone, but my guess is that hardly anyone benefitted from that price (maybe some people in Europe? I was up at 7am EST and it was already fixed) and it was not intended to be that low.

agreed... I was up til 3am and I didn't see it.. So it must have happened after I went to bed.  Darn... Oh well... I'll pick up more US stuff as sales (and my wallet) progress... lol

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

barbult said:

I think he's just looking for the secret entrance to the underground treasure chamber.

Great render, by the way! 

MelanieL said:

barbult said:

I think he's just looking for the secret entrance to the underground treasure chamber.

Great render, by the way! 

I knew someone with imagination would come along with a good story! yes

• solissolis Posts: 124

Custom terrain utilising Australia https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--australia

The Beaten Track (2560 x 1440)

The Beaten Track.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 970K
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,723

@paulawp - That may have been an accident, but I find it very interesting.

@barbult - My first reaction was something coming out of a Medieval wall. (I have been binge reading a Medieval series set in Wales and just watched some You Tube videos the author posted on Medieval France today taken early 2020. So rock walls are on my mind.)

@solis - That is a great render and terrain you have there. Very peaceful.

solis said:

Custom terrain utilising Australia https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--australia

On my wish list (sighs)... I love it!  Well done.

• solissolis Posts: 124

Thank you both for your kind words smiley

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,723

Llola Lane said:

solis said:

Everyone, especially @Llola_Lane, Howie Farkes UltraScenery products are part of this sale today. I had to open it up to see what I owned. If you are missing any packages you have been missing, check it out before Daz midnight today, 4 Oct 2022, 24:00 MDT.

Select Landscape Items

Use Coupon Code NATURE68 and buy any Friends of the Sale Item to get:
    68% OFF* up to 8 Select Artist Landscape Items
    68% OFF* up to 14 for Daz+ Members

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Sharing something that was created by happenstance. This is Mesh to Volume, run on a USC terrain. This was thrown together so there's a lot that could be better about it, but it does make an interesting - if rather demanding to render - fog.

Just lovely... the fog really adds some mood to the scene... I love happy little accidents ;)

edited October 2022

memcneil70 said:

Llola Lane said:

solis said:

Everyone, especially @Llola_Lane, Howie Farkes UltraScenery products are part of this sale today. I had to open it up to see what I owned. If you are missing any packages you have been missing, check it out before Daz midnight today, 4 Oct 2022, 24:00 MDT.

Select Landscape Items

Use Coupon Code NATURE68 and buy any Friends of the Sale Item to get:
    68% OFF* up to 8 Select Artist Landscape Items
    68% OFF* up to 14 for Daz+ Members

Thank you for the heads up memcneil70... I ended up getting https://www.daz3d.com/ultrasceneryxt--expansive-landscape-system ... YAY... and https://www.daz3d.com/pacific-northwest-botanica--bundle both for 68% off once I bought the required items to purchase them... grrrr... but... I had some money left on the gift certificate I got at 18% off... so I think I got a great deal!  Seems like we have to jump through hoops these days to get good deals... I think next DAZ will be asking for our first born!  lol.  

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited October 2022

Llola Lane said:

Thank you for the heads up memcneil70... I ended up getting https://www.daz3d.com/ultrasceneryxt--expansive-landscape-system ... YAY... and https://www.daz3d.com/pacific-northwest-botanica--bundle both for 68% off once I bought the required items to purchase them... grrrr... but... I had some money left on the gift certificate I got at 18% off... so I think I got a great deal!  Seems like we have to jump through hoops these days to get good deals... I think next DAZ will be asking for our first born next!  lol.  

The PNW Botanica gets you some of the plants, but you need the corresponding UltraScenery module to use those plants in UltraScenery.

From the first post in this thread:

barbult said:

Llola Lane said:

Thank you for the heads up memcneil70... I ended up getting https://www.daz3d.com/ultrasceneryxt--expansive-landscape-system ... YAY... and https://www.daz3d.com/pacific-northwest-botanica--bundle both for 68% off once I bought the required items to purchase them... grrrr... but... I had some money left on the gift certificate I got at 18% off... so I think I got a great deal!  Seems like we have to jump through hoops these days to get good deals... I think next DAZ will be asking for our first born next!  lol.  

The PNW Botanica gets you some of the plants, but you need the corresponding UltraScenery module to use those plants in UltraScenery.

Yep... saw that... the bundle I got includes all 3 items!  I'm renderin' something now... WOW... lovin' all the scenery I'm getting these days.  I honestly don't need to buy any more plants/background items... LOL

• Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

Llola Lane said:

Yep... saw that... the bundle I got includes all 3 items!  I'm renderin' something now... WOW... lovin' all the scenery I'm getting these days.  I honestly don't need to buy any more plants/background items... LOL

You know the sad thing about that is that after I got USXT, I went out and bought numerous unrelated landscape products - skewing toward desert-related ones - to pair with it.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

Llola Lane said:

You know the sad thing about that is that after I got USXT, I went out and bought numerous unrelated landscape products - skewing toward desert-related ones - to pair with it.

Oh that makes sense... I forgot about filling the scenes :)  

• Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

barbult said:

Llola Lane said:

Oh that makes sense... I forgot about filling the scenes :)  

If you haven't already been there, don't forget to join us over on the XT side ...

UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator - Page 31 - Daz 3D Forums 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2022

Putting the new bench prop to work with a group of Ultrascenery objects .. Also an Ultratree thrown in for good measure, but in the end, it doesn't get to show itself off much.

BlueGirl.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Putting the new bench prop to work with a group of Ultrascenery objects .. Also an Ultratree thrown in for good measure, but in the end, it doesn't get to show itself off much.

We think alike! I posted this in the Daz+ render contest thread.

• barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

We think alike! I posted this in the Daz+ render contest thread.

Nice!

Now that I'm looking at mine, I see that there are significant scaling issues with the prop. I was fussing with my cement structure but failing to notice the big picture. I'll be mindful of that the next time I use it.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,051

What drives mu up the wall with Ultrascenery is the uncontrollable randomness. I'm working with an autumn scene with oaks and aspens, and it would be so nice if I could just put a nice golden young aspent in front of this clump of orange oaks, but I can't. There is no aspen prop anywhere.

edited October 2022

lou_harper said:

What drives mu up the wall with Ultrascenery is the uncontrollable randomness. I'm working with an autumn scene with oaks and aspens, and it would be so nice if I could just put a nice golden young aspent in front of this clump of orange oaks, but I can't. There is no aspen prop anywhere.

The aspen tree props are included in the basic UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System product. You can add one of those aspen tree props any place you want to. If you select one of the golden aspens from the autumn oaks ecology in the Scene pane, you will see that a yellow texture map is applied to the diffuse color and translucency color. You can apply those same maps to your added tree to make it golden.

Another solution is the Code66 Ultra Scenery Toolbox - Volume II. With that product you can locate any instance in your UltraScenery scene and move it to the location you prefer, or even delete it entirely.

Aspen Props.jpg
    672 x 1994 - 236K

Heh, I didn't think of looking at the textures. Thanks for the info.

I have toolbox II but haven't used it much.

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 159
    edited October 2022

I started this render for the mythology competition being run at Daz, but ran into some problems that meant I ran out of time to even do a rushed render. So I just took my time to finish it properly and now its ready to share.

I used US for all the settings and in some cases used two or more to get the layout I wanted, Terradome3 worked well for filling in the skylines as I had not yet picked up USXT

KingAuthur.jpg
    2500 x 1860 - 976K
    Post edited by DreamWeever on

Oh that is lovely DreamWeever... Feels like it could be the cover of a fairytale book!  Well done.  I love frames around my artwork too.  ;)

edited October 2022

I wish there were more features options, more road placements. I'm trying to create rural landscapes with a panoramic view and it's challenging. I also wish there were smaller ponds. I added this one from Backyard Pond, and it was a pain.

scene.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 469K
    Post edited by lou_harper on
This discussion has been closed.