UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

lou_harper said:

I wish there were more features options, more road placements. I'm trying to create rural landscapes with a panoramic view and it's challenging. I also wish there were smaller ponds. I added this one from Backyard Pond, and it was a pain.

That is soooooooooo lovely lou_harper... I've been experimenting (need more time) with the HEIGHT maps to make my own ponds... Have not tried to make roads/paths yet.  It is taking me a while to learn how to do it though.  Also... the MASKS help... Then I'm just adding a prim PLANE and adding water to the areas I want ponds.  I'll play some more and post something asap.  I love your idea about 'rural' areas with houses... etc.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

Llola Lane said:

That is soooooooooo lovely lou_harper... I've been experimenting (need more time) with the HEIGHT maps to make my own ponds... Have not tried to make roads/paths yet.  It is taking me a while to learn how to do it though.  Also... the MASKS help... Then I'm just adding a prim PLANE and adding water to the areas I want ponds.  I'll play some more and post something asap.  I love your idea about 'rural' areas with houses... etc.

I do custom maps but they are always fiddly. And I probably need more practice with them.  In this case I just used mesh grabber to punch a whole int the ground.

lou_harper said:

Llola Lane said:

I do custom maps but they are always fiddly. And I probably need more practice with them.  In this case I just used mesh grabber to punch a whole int the ground.

ooo... great idea... I have Mesh Grabber too... Not used it yet... hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Llola Lane said:

ooo... great idea... I have Mesh Grabber too... Not used it yet... hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Word of advice, if you are using Ultrascenery Toolbox, do the meshgrabber thing when you're sure you're done fussing with it. Otherwise it will reset.

lou_harper said:

Llola Lane said:

Word of advice, if you are using Ultrascenery Toolbox, do the meshgrabber thing when you're sure you're done fussing with it. Otherwise it will reset.

got'cha... thanks ;)

• MartinjfrostMartinjfrost Posts: 325
    edited October 2022

Just thought id leave this here as a bit of a teaser.....

Ultrascenery - Britain - coming soon.

Also got a chance to use my https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery-stones-and-pebbles-materials- and https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery-road-works to do a bit of resurfacing to the paths and pebbles to see how they blend in with this new set of British and Northern European wild flowers, trees and shrubs. The set has some lovely versions of wild flowers in an ultrascenery friendly form (Bluebells,wild garlic and foxgloves and many more -lower res than the ones in my store) and some new trees and shrubs (Oak, Birch and Hazel) as well as the ability to change their shading. The aim was to create a set which will work both for realistic settings for this part of the wolrd and as a basis for more fantastical fairytale and fantasy scenes too.  Howie has come up with some truly stunning ecosystesms. Soon to be unleashed upon you all (fingers crossed)

Click on the image to go to a much larger version

Post edited by Martinjfrost on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Oh, that is nice to wake up to. 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

@martinjfrost.  Excellent stuff. I await further developments.

Any chance of you sharing your Iray fog settings?

Cheers,

Alex.

• alexhcowley said:

Cheers,

Alex.

I dont use fog in Iray ( or at least didnt here as i wanted more control of where the fog went and how) I save out canvases for distance and then use that for both the distance map for focus in Photoshop and then also re adjusted versions of the map as masks for fog layers in photoshop - usually an overall haze layer with a gradient black to white set to screen, and then what ever god rays i want, ground fog etc on top of that, all at very low opacity and the masks also have the distnace blur added to them so that they sit properly. That way i feel i have much more control over the image and can edit and change things in a very non destructive manner.  If your confedent in an image editor and can use masks and depth maps in it it means you can change out the areas of foucus etc really easily using the raw images rendered in ds.  

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311

Martinjfrost said:

alexhcowley said:

Cheers,

Alex.

I dont use fog in Iray ( or at least didnt here as i wanted more control of where the fog went and how) I save out canvases for distance and then use that for both the distance map for focus in Photoshop and then also re adjusted versions of the map as masks for fog layers in photoshop - usually an overall haze layer with a gradient black to white set to screen, and then what ever god rays i want, ground fog etc on top of that, all at very low opacity and the masks also have the distnace blur added to them so that they sit properly. That way i feel i have much more control over the image and can edit and change things in a very non destructive manner.  If your confedent in an image editor and can use masks and depth maps in it it means you can change out the areas of foucus etc really easily using the raw images rendered in ds.  

Thanks,

Alex. 

Martinjfrost said:

Also got a chance to use my https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery-stones-and-pebbles-materials- and https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery-road-works to do a bit of resurfacing to the paths and pebbles to see how they blend in with this new set of British and Northern European wild flowers, trees and shrubs. The set has some lovely versions of wild flowers in an ultrascenery friendly form (Bluebells,wild garlic and foxgloves and many more -lower res than the ones in my store) and some new trees and shrubs (Oak, Birch and Hazel) as well as the ability to change their shading. The aim was to create a set which will work both for realistic settings for this part of the wolrd and as a basis for more fantastical fairytale and fantasy scenes too.  Howie has come up with some truly stunning ecosystesms. Soon to be unleashed upon you all (fingers crossed)

This is lovely... I'm just beginning to learn all I can do with US and USX... I'm still hoping for a WINTER ecosystem.  (fingers crossed)... Do you know if you can tease us about that?   giggles

• Llola Lane said:

Martinjfrost said:

This is lovely... I'm just beginning to learn all I can do with US and USX... I'm still hoping for a WINTER ecosystem.  (fingers crossed)... Do you know if you can tease us about that?   giggles

And don't forget my pleas for a desert USC to go with some or all of those lovely USXT desert biomes! Maybe a nice high desert/high plains also. :)  

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

And don't forget my pleas for a desert USC to go with some or all of those lovely USXT desert biomes! Maybe a nice high desert/high plains also. :)  

Winter, not at present, from me at least - snow is hard.

Desert- watch this space. Howei may or may not have been sent a set of desert flora recently. We will have to wait and see what he does with it!  

• I will buy every ecosystem you can come up with. laugh

Martinjfrost said:

Oooh! I'm always on the market for more types of trees and flowers. I have so many of your plants, it's not funny. 

I wonder, will the grass be a little greener. The default grass in ultrascenery leans toward yellowish; I often have to go to surfaces to make it more green.

Martinjfrost said:

I have limited experience with canvasses. Wondering how you broke up that scene into different canvasses.

Martinjfrost said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Llola Lane said:

Winter, not at present, from me at least - snow is hard.

Desert- watch this space. Howei may or may not have been sent a set of desert flora recently. We will have to wait and see what he does with it!  

Snow hard??? With a name like MartinjFROST???  lol.. really????  lol.  Kk... I'll keep playing on my own.  I have a few ideas ;)  Thank you kindly.

butterflyfish said:

I will buy every ecosystem you can come up with. laugh

ditto... I'm almost there ;)

lou_harper said:

Martinjfrost said:

I have limited experience with canvasses. Wondering how you broke up that scene into different canvasses.

+1 (I still have a LOT to learn in Daz... sighs)

•  

Go to render the render settings tab, then go to the advanced tab there in, anc click on canvases.  Add  your canvas requirments using the  + button  - Here you MUST have  a beauty canvas ( you wont use it but you will get a black render without it as i suspect its what DS uses to do your saved render with,) for this case add a second one, and in the options halfway down the tab choose distance or depth, either or. 

Now render to disk ( i find this more reliable)  and you will get a render in the format of your choice and another folder with the image title and canvases where you chose to save out the files. In here you will find your canvases. When you open them in photoshop they will look blaknk thats fine, you need to adjust the exposure down untill you get the map you require - this will be grey scale and you can tinker with this to effective gs masks too. when you have what you want you need to copy all layers, go in to your renderd image and add an alpha channel and paste this map in to the alpha channel. Then you can use it with the lense blur filter to get DOF which you can change there in by clicking on the object you want to be in focus.

For the masks, again copy all layers of your mask (adjusted differntly may be from your depth map or not ) remembering that darker areas will be more masked than brighter ones - past this in to your mask layer and your  away - there are some great tutorials on daz canvases kicking about, its well worth doing a bit of googlingh and having a play and getting the hang of it as it ends with you doing post work in layers in photoshop which is non destrutive of your origional render. ( if your using volumetrics such as smoke or clouds in your scene, render you scene with out canvases then turn off all your volumetrics (make them invisiable) and do another render re named with your canvases turnsed on, for this you dont need the beauty layer, it just means that youll get a canvas folder with the map/s in and a blank render but thats ok., then apply as above. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

@Martinjfrost, your image looks lovely. I like seeing your various products used together, too.

Martinjfrost said:

Go to render the render settings tab, then go to the advanced tab there in, anc click on canvases.  Add  your canvas requirments using the  + button  - Here you MUST have  a beauty canvas ( you wont use it but you will get a black render without it as i suspect its what DS uses to do your saved render with,) for this case add a second one, and in the options halfway down the tab choose distance or depth, either or. 

Now render to disk ( i find this more reliable)  and you will get a render in the format of your choice and another folder with the image title and canvases where you chose to save out the files. In here you will find your canvases. When you open them in photoshop they will look blaknk thats fine, you need to adjust the exposure down untill you get the map you require - this will be grey scale and you can tinker with this to effective gs masks too. when you have what you want you need to copy all layers, go in to your renderd image and add an alpha channel and paste this map in to the alpha channel. Then you can use it with the lense blur filter to get DOF which you can change there in by clicking on the object you want to be in focus.

For the masks, again copy all layers of your mask (adjusted differntly may be from your depth map or not ) remembering that darker areas will be more masked than brighter ones - past this in to your mask layer and your  away - there are some great tutorials on daz canvases kicking about, its well worth doing a bit of googlingh and having a play and getting the hang of it as it ends with you doing post work in layers in photoshop which is non destrutive of your origional render. ( if your using volumetrics such as smoke or clouds in your scene, render you scene with out canvases then turn off all your volumetrics (make them invisiable) and do another render re named with your canvases turnsed on, for this you dont need the beauty layer, it just means that youll get a canvas folder with the map/s in and a blank render but thats ok., then apply as above. 

Thanks.. I will experiment with your technique :) 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,065
    edited October 2022

Llola Lane said:

Martinjfrost said:

More winter. This is one of the Pacific NW ecologies, with most of the grass omitted. This is several draped layers - a base layer over the top of the USC terrain, with multiple Materia Meshmaker layers arranged on top of it. You can't drape over the rocks or trees themselves, so I experimented here with a primitive that roughly fit near the peak of the rock; the results were "meh." More important ... getting snow on the trees.

USC-SnowTest.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

paulawp (marahzen) said:

More winter. This is one of the Pacific NW ecologies, with most of the grass omitted. This is several draped layers - a base layer over the top of the USC terrain, with multiple Materia Meshmaker layers arranged on top of it. You can't drape over the rocks or trees themselves, so I experimented here with a primitive that roughly fit near the peak of the rock; the results were "meh." More important ... getting snow on the trees.

Your use of Materia Meshmaker looks excellent.

Llola Lane said:

Martinjfrost said:

Thats a really good job. I suspect that with some work a set of snow shapes that can go on to the landscape (much as the rocks and other props are distrubted as instances) would work, with underlying materials. The plants with snow would need to be models with snow mesh attached if you wanted clumps of snow ( always more convincing than materials alone) - the challange here would be to create objects that are low enough poly to instance with out melting down your mother board. Snow and other rounded objects tend to need to be quite high poly to work. But the seed of an idea is there i think, with a bit of work a set could be constructed. 

Llola Lane said:

Martinjfrost said:

Thats a really good job. I suspect that with some work a set of snow shapes that can go on to the landscape (much as the rocks and other props are distrubted as instances) would work, with underlying materials. The plants with snow would need to be models with snow mesh attached if you wanted clumps of snow ( always more convincing than materials alone) - the challange here would be to create objects that are low enough poly to instance with out melting down your mother board. Snow and other rounded objects tend to need to be quite high poly to work. But the seed of an idea is there i think, with a bit of work a set could be constructed. 

• Another sneak peak of a more autominal nature

As you can see this is a bracken covered birch woodland in fall, you can change the colors of the foliage using the included mat options too. 

Click on the image for a (much) larger version

• Oh, yes, this is fantastic. I still wonder, though, if there could be a way to procedurally alter the hue of a leaf to create a more chaotic and vivid spread, kinda like in this old 3Delight shader. That would open a few possibilities, particularly for autumn and fantasy renders.

• I like it! And definitely looking forward to adding another set that can do autumn coloration.

Uthgard said:

Oh, yes, this is fantastic. I still wonder, though, if there could be a way to procedurally alter the hue of a leaf to create a more chaotic and vivid spread, kinda like in this old 3Delight shader. That would open a few possibilities, particularly for autumn and fantasy renders.

ooo I have that shader set... I've never used it before.... Hummm... I'm thinkin... (head starts smokin')  lol

This discussion has been closed.