UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Sorry if it was already here, I didn't read all pages, but now I noticed something. When I use an UltraScenery scene, Iray Matte doesn't work for me. When I hide the ultrawscenery scene, the IrayMatte part rendering well. When I turn back it on, DS crash ... is this a known problem? Or maybe just for me?

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited September 2022

UltraScenery is good for everything.

My attempt at: POOF

Poof01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

3D-GHDesign said:

Sorry if it was already here, I didn't read all pages, but now I noticed something. When I use an UltraScenery scene, Iray Matte doesn't work for me. When I hide the ultrawscenery scene, the IrayMatte part rendering well. When I turn back it on, DS crash ... is this a known problem? Or maybe just for me?

Sorry, I do not have an answer,

but what is an IrayMatte?

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

Artini said:

Haaaaaaaaaa... I am a----waaaaaaaaaaaaake now :)  Made me laugh... lol.  I guess one can create anything with US... LOL

barbult said:

Llola Lane said:

Llola Lane said:

Daventaki said:

Llola Lane said:

Thank you Artini... I was having trouble rendering a page or so posts back and Barb suggested it... so I tried to use the "restrict to the camera" option.  Then... we figured out I just needed to update my Graphics card... Now it's rendering much faster so I thought I'd give the camera another try to render even faster... lol.  I'd still like to know how to use it though.  I hate not implimenting something that is included.  ;)

If you select the main US and rerun the script you can edit settings.  So what I do is generate, set up the camera where I want it then select US and rerun the script and checking to use the camera.

Thank you (and Barb)... Gonna try your tip this weekend.  Not figured out how to RERUN the script???  hummmm

Never mind.. I think I figured it out... lol... Just hope I can remember tomorrow after I've had a nights sleep (yawnzzzzzzz)  

In case you forget:

1. Select UltraScene in the Scene pane
    2. Run UltraSceneCreator script. It will open with all the settings you used to create the selected UltraScene in the first place.
    3. Change anything you want to change on any of the UltraSceneCreator tabs.
    4. Select the Build tab.
    5. The Build Scene button should now say Rebuild Scene instead.
    6. Click the Rebuild Scene button.

Thank you... Got it!  also... Thanks for the Cameras... I'm sure they will be put to great use ;)

• Artini said:

3D-GHDesign said:

Sorry if it was already here, I didn't read all pages, but now I noticed something. When I use an UltraScenery scene, Iray Matte doesn't work for me. When I hide the ultrawscenery scene, the IrayMatte part rendering well. When I turn back it on, DS crash ... is this a known problem? Or maybe just for me?

It is good for ghost lighting. Advanced property in the parameters tab .. there is a script somewhere to add it. So in this case you can set it on, use emission on the surface and you don't see the light emitter only it lighten the scene.

• avmorgan said:

avmorgan said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

avmorgan said:

avmorgan said:

Well... I didn't want to just apply the shader from one on the other, because the ecology would still be mismatched. 

In spite of what I said, I gave it a go only to have the surface I applied the USCXT shader to render all black. I just updated to Studio drivers today, so I doubt that's the culprit. I wonder if the way the USCXT terrain is generated might play a part, but really, I'm just stumped. Annyone else crazy enough to try this get similar results?

Check out the thread on this page. I ran into a problem with USXT mats being all black.

UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator - Page 20 - Daz 3D Forums 

Thanks for the tip and the link. I followed the thread back to the download and installed. Turns out I didn't have anything like it installed on this computer (ack, now a year old!). I'll do some testing tomorrow to see if the shader presets work, and the USXT shader still gives me flat black surfaces. Odd that it did that on a primitive, but not on any of the XT terrains I tried out before this. 

Well, after the vMaterials 2 update I'm still getting a black surface render. I'll poke at it a bit more, but I doubt I'll be able to fix this by trial and error.

I don't know if this will help, but I have a persistent issue where any custom shaders show up as black for no discernible reason. The workaround I've found is to save the scene and reload it--for some reason, DS will then correctly process the custom shaders (but any new surfaces with custom shaders will require the same workaround, even if they use a shader already loaded in the scene). Fingers crossed.

3D-GHDesign said:

Artini said:

3D-GHDesign said:

It is good for ghost lighting. Advanced property in the parameters tab .. there is a script somewhere to add it. So in this case you can set it on, use emission on the surface and you don't see the light emitter only it lighten the scene.

Thanks for the explanation. Will be nice to see a render of UltraScenery with it.

Llola Lane said:

Artini said:

Haaaaaaaaaa... I am a----waaaaaaaaaaaaake now :)  Made me laugh... lol.  I guess one can create anything with US... LOL

Thanks. That was my intention.

edited September 2022

Another attempt: POOF with the horse and the cart.

Poof02sc02pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited September 2022

One more: POOF land

Poof02sc03pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Llola Lane said:

Artini said:

Thanks. That was my intention.

Mission accomplished then ;)

Artini said:

Another attempt: POOF with the horse and the cart.

Oh my that is lovely :)  VERY realistic!

Artini said:

One more: POOF land

Haaa... One simple word and the whole land is movin'!  git it???  lol.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

POOF land laughI think only Artini would dream that up. yes

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This is probably the best of my "US-stuff through the window" renders. This one uses USC/USXT. I've been dabbling with Daz for a little over a year now, and was lucky enough that I could grant myself the luxury of getting my art computer (with a 3060 and 32GB RAM) a few weeks into learning.

That is a super render!!!!

3D-GHDesign said:

@3D-GHDesign Can you give more details of how you are constructing your scene so I can try to duplicate the problem? Or better, attach a scene file here for others to try. Make the scene as simple as possible while still demonstrating the problem, so people don't get too many errors about missing files.

• barbult said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This is probably the best of my "US-stuff through the window" renders. This one uses USC/USXT. I've been dabbling with Daz for a little over a year now, and was lucky enough that I could grant myself the luxury of getting my art computer (with a 3060 and 32GB RAM) a few weeks into learning.

That is a super render!!!!

Aw, thanks! That one was from a couple of months ago when the Western Trains first came out. I had it in my gallery, but I don't think I posted it anywhere on the USC/USXT threads. I humbly think it was the best of my USC/USXT "Sun-Sky on the outside"/Indoor lighting hybrids, and - although off-topic here - also one of my best Face Transfer characters

• will check with other scene ... I just created a simple scene, the pond feature with Oasis 1 and put the figures and a stag, I created a geoshell for the antlers. Later tried with duplicated antlers and one of them was the iray matte. But instant crash when I tried the iray preview. At once I could render, when I hide all ultrascenery scene, but later it was crashed anyway.  

Edit ... Just tried and nope, not any problem. I had 4 figures (however hidden) in my scene with other props and the srag .. so many some combination caused the problem, because now I tried with a newly created scene using same features and ecology and even when OI loaded the stag with fur, still could make iray matte for a sphere so ... sorry ... only my scene was wrong.

Unless you have a really powerful computer/graphics card, it is not a wise idea to use Iray Preview with UltraScenery. Iray Preview does not pay any attention to the Instancing Optimization Memory setting and gobbles GPU memory for every single instance in the scene. It is like you changed Instancing Optimization to Speed, I think.

• yes, I ray preview is slow, but I usually hide everything except large trees to see where I can put my figure :) Now I used 4 figures and the stag, so it was important - and for lightning ... it is not the same if I hide the trees. Good to know that iray preview don't pay attention to this setting (however I already forgot to change it to memory :D )

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,063
    edited September 2022

Doc Acme said:

Those winter scenes look great.

Has anyone experimented with Materia and UltraScenery?

https://www.daz3d.com/materia-meshmaker-plug-in-for-daz-studio

Must be the season for tree felling. My house mate's brother took out a 60-70' fir for us a couple weeks back. Thing is, we're In Beaverton, Orygun; he and his nephew drove from Idaho. That morning. Did the task in 2 hours. Cut the bottom section of the trunk into 20' sections & loaded them into a horse trailer to take back & saw into planks. Then drove back; couldn't even buy them lunch.

A friend in Eugene had to pay $2400 the same weekend to take a fir out, but it had to be craned.

Your wish is (eventually) my command ... 

This is two USC scenes spliced together. For snow, I've used the plane-with-a-shader technique that I used with the original "snowy river" render a few weeks ago, plus mostly Materia snow and some MARSA snow.

FreshSnow.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 787K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Doc Acme said:

Must be the season for tree felling. My house mate's brother took out a 60-70' fir for us a couple weeks back. Thing is, we're In Beaverton, Orygun; he and his nephew drove from Idaho. That morning. Did the task in 2 hours. Cut the bottom section of the trunk into 20' sections & loaded them into a horse trailer to take back & saw into planks. Then drove back; couldn't even buy them lunch.

A friend in Eugene had to pay $2400 the same weekend to take a fir out, but it had to be craned.

This is two USC scenes spliced together. For snow, I've used the plane-with-a-shader technique that I used with the original "snowy river" render a few weeks ago, plus mostly Materia snow and some MARSA snow.

Oh this is lovely... I wondered about the snow shader too... I've got it on my wishlist.  Thanks for sharing!

• Llola Lane said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Doc Acme said:

Oh this is lovely... I wondered about the snow shader too... I've got it on my wishlist.  Thanks for sharing!

It comes with a nice snow shader - that's the shader I've used with the ordinary plane that's doing all the work in the background. I've only watched the first of several videos that the vendor was nice enough to create for this product but basic usage is simple enough. What I did here was create several 10x10m primitive planes, draped them over the bank into the river and then ran the stock 10m plane preset that comes with the product on each of them. It does seem prone to crashes - maybe it's due to running it with two USC objects, maybe it's inherently fussy. But just be sure to save often.

Thanks a lot for the comments, @Llola Lane and @barbult

I am somehow inspired by the posts in Daz forums.

Very well constructed scenes, @paulawp - nicely done.

• thomasbrandy287@yahoo.com[email protected] Posts: 58
    edited September 2022

barbult said:

Since I'm playing with my RR feature today, I decided to make a winter scene.

Your Picture with Photoshop neural filter landscape mixer.

Thanks for all the tips about US

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

ThomasB_79 said:

barbult said:

Oh I've not read all this thread yet and didn't see this railroad artwork.  I have RR on my list 'to do' ... I need to work out your tutorial first though Barb.  Ditto what Thomas said.. Thanks for all your help!

ThomasB_79 said:

barbult said:

I don't see your changes. Did Richard edit them away? I'd like to see what you did with the image.

• avmorganavmorgan Posts: 205

Uthgard said:

avmorgan said:

Well, after the vMaterials 2 update I'm still getting a black surface render. I'll poke at it a bit more, but I doubt I'll be able to fix this by trial and error.

I don't know if this will help, but I have a persistent issue where any custom shaders show up as black for no discernible reason. The workaround I've found is to save the scene and reload it--for some reason, DS will then correctly process the custom shaders (but any new surfaces with custom shaders will require the same workaround, even if they use a shader already loaded in the scene). Fingers crossed.

I appreciate the tip. I'll remember to try it out the next time I work on that scene. I think I saved it, though I kinda set it aside to deal with "later" if a suggestion  like this came in. 

As a side note, I forgot about the 1st of October sales and missed my chance to pick up the Tropics bundles for USC and UXT! $1.99 apiece, if Daz-Deals' price history is correct. Can you believe it? 

This discussion has been closed.