NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Bingo, you're brilliant. Found the ReadMe thanks to Eximorph's post in an old thread.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14812/start

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

I had a similar problem when I kept seeing items in the store as "not purchased" (like Wild Mane Hair) when I knew I had used it multiple times in renders. And it was not in My Product Library here at DAZ. :lol:

edited December 1969

I'm going to put that link in the Reference Section under Genesis (Genesis Starter Essentials) so whenever I have a doubt (aka, "Am I losing my mind or just incompetent?") I can check there first. They changed what was in the Essentials, if I recall. (For both Gen and Gen2)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I'm going to put that link in the Reference Section under Genesis (Genesis Starter Essentials) so whenever I have a doubt (aka, "Am I losing my mind or just incompetent?") I can check there first. They changed what was in the Essentials, if I recall. (For both Gen and Gen2)

They've added stuff, but they haven't removed anything.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Invited Guest Contributor

I used:
    - Pirate for Genesis and Genesis 2 Male(s) http://www.daz3d.com/pirate-for-genesis-and-genesis-2-males
    - Treasure Chests http://www.daz3d.com/treasure-chests
    - Wither HD for Genesis 2 Male(s) http://www.daz3d.com/wither-hd-for-genesis-2-male-s

reality_piraat.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 226K
  • jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

just to let you know that,
    I was browsing through the store daz now and saw that,
    Ra’s Palace is DAZ Studio is 100% free
    http://www.daz3d.com/ras-palace-for-daz-studio

edited December 1969

Sasje said:
    Invited Guest Contributor
    I used:
    - Pirate for Genesis and Genesis 2 Male(s) http://www.daz3d.com/pirate-for-genesis-and-genesis-2-males
    - Treasure Chests http://www.daz3d.com/treasure-chests
    - Wither HD for Genesis 2 Male(s) http://www.daz3d.com/wither-hd-for-genesis-2-male-s

Cool! I haven't seen Wither and it looks really good on the pirate. Love that background too.

Jorge, thanks for telling folks about that. :)

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Thank you Novica

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Muchas gracias, Jorge. I have been wanting this for some time.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link, Jorge. Cloud City is also free.

edited February 2015

Well that's quite a sale. Thorne's sale stacks with the spend $35 get $10 off sale. So do the new releases- and it's supposed to be that way according to the small print. (Only excludes memberships and EDIT: Correction- memberships. You can apparently buy PC items) So if you want that discount for the March Madness, now would be the time to pick up one of those new releases included in that deal.

And don't forget that below those new releases, are the stores that are 50% off- then you hit the $35 mark and get $10 off those already discounted prices too.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

There's a lot of ways you can create a catalog, this is my way and thought I'd share. I'm busy doing files but also a visual catalog so I can see the various makeups of the characters (found in the thumbnails, not main promo) and then I'm going to explore sets.

This is the A's that I have in G2F. Ambie only has one image as the main promo one works well and there's no really unusual makeups. But take a look at the various makeups- really cool! - and I'd never remember them otherwise.

I use the filters in the gallery to narrow it to one type of character (like G2 Female), and take a screenshot of the gallery image so the printed name of the character is below the image. I do not click on the product to see the product page, because the site is so absolutely horrible that when I go back, I'm getting different products on the page. It also re-checks Hide What I Own. So if you ever do this, think twice about perhaps making the mistake of clicking on a product page and expecting to go back to the same page. It's hit or miss and can royally mess you up. Maybe they'll get this fixed. DAZ soon?

I use the Product Library to click to the product page and check out the thumbnails, screenshotting the additional makeups. I add them next to the main promo image. Some have 2-3 additional images because there's such a nice variety of makeups. With the sets, I'll do props, different views.

Not sure I trust the filters in the store, so when I'm done, I'll go page by page in the Product Library.

G2Fa1900.jpg
    1900 x 1241 - 1M
    edited February 2015

To answer a question (and sorry I forgot to mention it) the image sizes are 1.15" x 1.50 inches. When you crop the images, it will be off by about 1/100th, but resizing to these dimensions makes it extremely easy. :)

Post edited by Novica on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Well that's quite a sale. Thorne's sale stacks with the spend $35 get $10 off sale. So do the new releases- and it's supposed to be that way according to the small print. (Only excludes memberships and EDIT: Correction- memberships. You can apparently buy PC items) So if you want that discount for the March Madness, now would be the time to pick up one of those new releases included in that deal.

And don't forget that below those new releases, are the stores that are 50% off- then you hit the $35 mark and get $10 off those already discounted prices too.

I haven't been able to take advantage of any sales since Saturday, my CC got compromised and had 3000.00 worth of charges put on it! Thank goodness the bank took care of it right away. After more than 10 years of using it on the internet...I will stick to Daz, Hivewire, and Rendo now, as I have never had this happen at these stores. I am certainly disapointed at missing Thorne's sale and the discount on GC's. Hopefully my new card will arrive in the next day or 2 and GC's will still be on sale

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Novica said:

I haven't been able to take advantage of any sales since Saturday, my CC got compromised and had 3000.00 worth of charges put on it! Thank goodness the bank took care of it right away. After more than 10 years of using it on the internet...I will stick to Daz, Hivewire, and Rendo now, as I have never had this happen at these stores. I am certainly disapointed at missing Thorne's sale and the discount on GC's. Hopefully my new card will arrive in the next day or 2 and GC's will still be on saleThat is why I use Pay Pal for all online purchases.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited December 1969

Kharma: Sorry to hear about your CC theft. I've had that happen more an more often 3 times a year these days. Glad to hear the bank is on it and resolved the matter quickly.

Novica: I like your thumbnail collage. Very helpful to see what characters you have in your runtime.

edited December 1969

Kharma, are you online? I PM'd you.

edited December 1969

Okay, I'm going to voice my frustration. Who thinks it is a great idea to offer a 10% discount with the requirement to spend $132.26?????
    They are out of their minds. That 10% is okay for people who are going to buy the two Pro bundles anyway, but I sure as heck am not thinking "Wow, what a deal!"

To top that off, this is February 26th. NOT MARCH. People don't have their paychecks yet.

To add to that, a few days ago there was an offer that if you bought something from that batch you'd get a discount on your first March Madness purchase. WHERE IS THAT INFORMATION? If you release the MM stuff, that info should be posted WITH it.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

The discount for the "bought something on the 23rd to 25th" IS showing in the cart ...
    Apart from that - yes, wow, buy two pro bundles to get 10% off? Uhm ... no. LOL

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Okay, I'm going to voice my frustration. Who thinks it is a great idea to offer a 10% discount with the requirement to spend $132.26?????
    They are out of their minds. That 10% is okay for people who are going to buy the two Pro bundles anyway, but I sure as heck am not thinking "Wow, what a deal!"

To top that off, this is February 26th. NOT MARCH. People don't have their paychecks yet.

To add to that, a few days ago there was an offer that if you bought something from that batch you'd get a discount on your first March Madness purchase. WHERE IS THAT INFORMATION? If you release the MM stuff, that info should be posted WITH it.

The discount stuff is being set out to those who earned it around 10am MST.

edited February 2015

Jack said that will be sent around 10am to the people who qualified for that offer. (So don't shop right now if you're supposed to get it.)
    EDIT- Chris and I were syncing :)

Post edited by Novica on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited February 2015

Which probably means - being in the wrong timezone - it will not be valid anymore when I can get it ... ouch ...
    Oh well ...

By the way that Swamp Witch Outfit looks wonderful ...

Oooomph ... the parts of the Pro Bundles don't work for the 50% ...

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    The discount for the "bought something on the 23rd to 25th" IS showing in the cart ...
    Apart from that - yes, wow, buy two pro bundles to get 10% off? Uhm ... no. LOL

Kerya- if I recall, it said "on your first purchase" so if you use it now, if that's correct, you're done. How long are the pro bundles discounted 50%- as I would load up on MM's that I wanted if it's a one time use. I'm going to go put things in my cart to see what it's doing.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Which probably means - being in the wrong timezone - it will not be valid anymore when I can get it ... ouch ...Oh well ......

It should work until you make your first purchase from MM, because it said "on your first MM purchase." Let's see what gets posted/clarified.

edited December 1969

Wow. Well, maybe I can ask for a price adjustment. I just bought Darius and Monique but had no idea they'd send a coupon later.

I did get the free sink items and bought that.

This is so confusing. And I want you to know, I looked for a daz coupon for before buying, but de nada!

edited December 1969

Yep, the Pro Bundles go down to $29.76

Amazing discount- 30%. That is very generous, thank you DAZ!
    I posted immediately about the additional discount, both here and in Commons, in case people had forgotten or thought it would be automatically applied. I tested a cart and didn't see additional discounts, so knew it hadn't been done yet.

They always have a catch up sale at the end of big sales, but it would be my luck that they don't this time- and the coupon is one time use. But since I'm getting both bundles (at the same time) I guess I'll go ahead, stock up a lot, and use it today.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Yep, the Pro Bundles go down to $29.76

Amazing discount- 30%. That is very generous, thank you DAZ!
    I posted immediately about the additional discount, both here and in Commons, in case people had forgotten or thought it would be automatically applied. I tested a cart and didn't see additional discounts, so knew it hadn't been done yet.

They always have a catch up sale at the end of big sales, but it would be my luck that they don't this time- and the coupon is one time use. But since I'm getting both bundles (at the same time) I guess I'll go ahead, stock up a lot, and use it today.

So glad I didn't buy this morning (ten hours ago in my timezone) when I first looked - saving that extra 30% means I now have to work out really carefully how much I can fit in that cart though! (Oh how I wish I'd picked up a bigger GC when the 8% offer was on.....)
    edited December 1969

So, where are people getting this coupon? I never got one in my email.... And I would like to either re-buy my order at the discounted price. I did buy a qualifying item.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited February 2015

It's appearing as an instant message in the store - check your "Exclusive Offers" under "Messages"?
    ETA: That's assuming you bought a new release on Feb 23/24/25 this week?

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to remember- was it a new release from that time period, or was it further back? In my muddled mind, I remember buying the Pose Master on Feb 14th and I remember it was a bigger expenditure than I normally make, and I thought I did it to get a discount of some sort. But it may have been a discount on other products at that time.

This discussion has been closed.