[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,359

arstropica said:

Thanks Mark and Riversoft. Both of you have been very helpful.

You're welcome!

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,050

HELP!

I've been using Content Wizard with a 99% success rate on Mac. I love it and couldn't imagine life without it.

I recently bought a PC and after downloading and installing all my DAZ store products I set off the install the ones from Renderosity. However, I run into the attached error when clicking on "Instal Smart Content." This is Lizanna Hair and I already installed it with success on Mac, so I have no idea why it's not working on PC. I tried it with another product and same result.

P.S. I'm installing on an external drive.

0f67c0db6c579dfe033bab0bf89a9a.jpg
    2000 x 637 - 154K
  • @lou_harper From your Log, it looks like it is trying to save the file on your E-drive in the following folder location: DAZ CONTENT/3rd

First, make sure the 3rd folder exists.

You also have the Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import.  Note that this is happening in the same folder location. 

Check inside your 3rd folder and make sure it has the Runtime and Support folders (for Metadata).  If not, create them as such:
    DAZ CONTENT/3rd/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/

edited September 2022

It's 3rd Party and it exists.

Initial installation worked fine. It's the smart content that doesn't work.

folder loc.jpg
    885 x 425 - 60K
    Post edited by lou_harper on
  • @lou_harper Sorry, I missed the word-wrap in your Log picture. It does look like you have the correct directory paths.

Next, try to delete the existing product per the user manual. Then Install Content and then Install Smart Content again.

Or wait for @RiverSoftArt to chime-in.

• robertswww said:

@lou_harper Sorry, I missed the word-wrap in your Log picture. It does look like you have the correct directory paths.

Next, try to delete the existing product per the user manual. Then Install Content and then Install Smart Content again.

Definitely check if /Support folder exists per @robertswww post.  CW will NOT create that folder and will fail to write the dsx file if the folder does not exist.

RiverSoftArt said:

robertswww said:

@lou_harper Sorry, I missed the word-wrap in your Log picture. It does look like you have the correct directory paths.

Definitely check if /Support folder exists per @robertswww post.  CW will NOT create that folder and will fail to write the dsx file if the folder does not exist.

I did. The Supprt folder wasn't there, so I created a new  folder, called it Support, but it got deleted during content installation. Got error message. Made the folder again, but still get error. I tried it with a different product. This is the order order of things happening: 1. adding support folder. 2. content installed succesfully. 3. smart content instal fails. 4. Files are in the Support folder.  A placeholder appears for product in smart content but no files inside.

I tried the the mac to pc method described in the previous page and it worked beutifully. Of course, it means I'll have to reinstall all the already installed files on the mac first.

1 support.jpg
    1535 x 756 - 203K
    2 installed.jpg
    1556 x 757 - 233K
    3 smart.jpg
    1678 x 755 - 257K
  • @lou_harper The last line of your Log in the 3rd screenshot (above) says, "There were errors during installation".

One thing that can cause that error, is if there are any Templates.zip files that you imported into Content Wizard. If you have any Templates folders in the Product tab, remove them, and try installing Smart Content again.

NOTE: You can Install Smart Content as many times as you want to fix or improve the product, as long as you don't change product name. If you do change the product name, you must delete the old products files first.

edited September 2022

robertswww said:

@lou_harper The last line of your Log in the 3rd screenshot (above) says, "There were errors during installation".

One thing that can cause that error, is if there are any Templates.zip files that you imported into Content Wizard. If you have any Templates folders in the Product tab, remove them, and try installing Smart Content again.

NOTE: You can Install Smart Content as many times as you want to fix or improve the product, as long as you don't change product name. If you do change the product name, you must delete the old products files first.

No templates in sight. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Here is the work flow:

1. Installation Options. I left the work directory as default, changed the daz directory to my custom folder. (It's a new one.)

2. Setting up. The product is Long Leather Boots. Single zip file, no templates in sight.

3. Content installs successfully.

4. Support folder is right there where it needs to be.

5. Smart content instal error.

Re smart content: to "Export Zip Files and Self-installer" I'm pretty sure the whole product has to be reinstalled, not just the smart content.

1 directory.jpg
    905 x 619 - 107K
    2 setup.jpg
    912 x 619 - 89K
    3 installed.jpg
    905 x 621 - 136K
    4 folders.jpg
    1077 x 613 - 129K
    5 error.jpg
    913 x 623 - 141K
    Post edited by lou_harper on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,359
    edited September 2022

lou_harper said:

robertswww said:

@lou_harper The last line of your Log in the 3rd screenshot (above) says, "There were errors during installation".

No templates in sight. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Here is the work flow:

1. Installation Options. I left the work directory as default, changed the daz directory to my custom folder. (It's a new one.)

2. Setting up. The product is Long Leather Boots. Single zip file, no templates in sight.

3. Content installs successfully.

4. Support folder is right there where it needs to be.

5. Smart content instal error.

Re smart content: to "Export Zip Files and Self-installer" I'm pretty sure the whole product has to be reinstalled, not just the smart content.

Are you sure the Support directory was created under the correct Daz library folder?  You created Support under the rendo folder.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

RiverSoftArt said:

Are you sure the Support directory was created under the correct Daz library folder?  You created Support under the rendo folder.

I deleted the old folder and started over. I don't know what's going on. I'm just going to go with the mac to pc method.

• lou_harper said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I deleted the old folder and started over. I don't know what's going on. I'm just going to go with the mac to pc method.

In your original message, CW could not write to E:/DAZ CONTENT/3rd Party/Runtime/Support.  The Support directory should exist there.  However, in a later message, you show a completely different path (DAZ CONTENT/Rendo/Runtime/Support):

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762
    edited September 2022

@RiverSoftArt I think Lou just tried over again (as a test), with a different directory, but it still failed on the smart content.

Looking at the last of their 5 screenshots above, the error Log says:  Creating support file... Success

But, it then apparently fails at: Error Importing product into Smart Content database

Under the Smart Content Daz Documentation: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/67507/start

Your last "Resolved Issue" on 2020-02-25 was:
    Fixed Error importing product into Smart Content database error

@RiverSoftArt Do you remember what exactly it was causing this error that you fixed?

Do you think if Lou does a Reset Database will help?

In DAZ Studio, click on the hamburger menu in the Content Library pane, select Content DB Maintenance, select Reset Database. Once that is done, select Content DB Maintenance again and select Re-Import Metadata.
    (NOTE: Don't Reset the Database if you install Content with Daz Connect)

Post edited by robertswww on

robertswww said:

@RiverSoftArt I think Lou just tried over again (as a test), with a different directory, but it still failed on the smart content.

Looking at the last of their 5 screenshots above, the error Log says:  Creating support file... Success

But, it then apparently fails at: Error Importing product into Smart Content database

Under the Smart Content Daz Documentation: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/67507/start

Your last "Resolved Issue" on 2020-02-25 was:
    Fixed Error importing product into Smart Content database error

@RiverSoftArt Do you remember what exactly it was causing this error that you fixed?

Do you think if Lou does a Reset Database will help?

In DAZ Studio, click on the hamburger menu in the Content Library pane, select Content DB Maintenance, select Reset Database. Once that is done, select Content DB Maintenance again and select Re-Import Metadata.
    (NOTE: Don't Reset the Database if you install Content with Daz Connect)

Correct. I started over. I'm hesitant resetting database. I think I did that once on mac and all my content showed up as new, with the blue frame around them. Doesn't affect work, but it annoys me.

• @lou_harper The problem seems to be the final step of getting the Smart Content information written to the database. Could it be a permission problem with the database?  I believe you mentioned that you can install Daz store bought products (with Smart Content) via other means, such as DIM, successfully... is that correct?

Do you have both Daz Studio and the CMS Database installed on your C-drive, and then your External drive is just for your content? That is how I have my PC set up.  

Perhaps, you could run another test using a different Rendo product that has a small file size, such as a single prop or pair of shoes, a simple shirt, etc.  This time set your Daz Directory (under Installation tab) to your C-drive and see if it can install the product and its smart content successfully.  That could help narrow down the problem.

@robertswww   Correct, using the mac-pc method you descrive on the previous page I can install on pc using DIM. I have DAZ Studio installed on the C-drive. Not sure about the CMSW database. I'm new to PC, so I'm a bit lost. These are my DIM settings, if that helps any.

dim settings.jpg
    548 x 299 - 42K

@robertswww   I did what you suggested. Didn't work.

1 settings.jpg
    912 x 612 - 102K
    2 product.jpg
    912 x 622 - 105K
    3 installed.jpg
    996 x 660 - 164K
    4 error.jpg
    994 x 662 - 160K

Okay, CANCEL THE EMERGENCY. I simply stopped trying to instal the product in a new directory and chose instead the same one I use for store products and it worked like a charm. Sorry everyone to cause all this commotion!

• @lou_harper It seems you have at least identified that it is a Directory problem.  It could be a directory naming issue, permissions issue, or the following idea just came to me...

Since you were changing and creating new directories on your external drive, I wonder if after creating the new directory, that you may need to first go into Daz Studio (DS) and to the Prefs --> Content Directory Manager (CDM) and map that new directory, so DS can tie it into the database.

Then close and re-launch Daz Studio, and try running Content Wizard (CW) again with the Daz Directory in CW set back to the external drive directory you just mapped.  If you have time, I would be curious to hear if that fixes the issue.

• lou_harper said:

Okay, CANCEL THE EMERGENCY. I simply stopped trying to instal the product in a new directory and chose instead the same one I use for store products and it worked like a charm. Sorry everyone to cause all this commotion!

I am glad you got it working! smiley

As @robertswww mentioned, the runtime support directory that will be used is the FIRST one listed in the Daz Studio Formats of the Content Directory Manager.  If you were creating the folder in a different location, it would not have helped.

It's working, I'm not messing with it. ;)

• lou_harper said:

It's working, I'm not messing with it. ;)

LOL.  Sounds good! laugh

• Would you consider adding the ability to create sub-categories through content wizard?

It would be incredibly helpful. At the moment, I have to close content wizard, go to the Daz Categories section, create the sub-category and then come back to content wizard.

If we could make Sub-categories right on Content Wizard, this would be an amazing Quality of Life improvement. 

• sakrilas said:

Would you consider adding the ability to create sub-categories through content wizard?

It would be incredibly helpful. At the moment, I have to close content wizard, go to the Daz Categories section, create the sub-category and then come back to content wizard.

If we could make Sub-categories right on Content Wizard, this would be an amazing Quality of Life improvement. 

I will add it to the feature requests

• RiverSoftArt said:

sakrilas said:

Would you consider adding the ability to create sub-categories through content wizard?

Thanks! I appreciate it.

On an unrelated note, I believe there's a bug with this v1.2 feature: "CATEGORY_CONTAINER constant to specify the category container to use when editing categories."

It seems like part of the script is still assuming that "/default" is being used as the root container, regardless if the RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file has the CATEGORY_CONTAINER set to something else.

After I updated CATEGORY_CONTAINER  to "/custom" for example. Even though options available for categorization where indeed from this "/custom" root, after I selected a category and pressed "accept", the application would still write the category with "/default/<whatever category I selected>". I was expecting it to use "/custom/<category I selected>" instead.

I looked back into RSSmartContentConstants.dsa a bit more, and I noticed some values in the arrays there were using hardcoded values of "/default". 
    For the sake of trying things out, I decided to replace those hardcoded values to match my intended CATEGORY_CONTAINER value of "/custom".

This fixed the previous issue I mentioned, but there were still other issues left,  for example, the third tab of the Content Wizard model (the one called "Smart Content") is now always showing up as empty to me. I'm assuming this is because part of the .dse file (which I can't access since it's an encrypted script) is also using hardcoded values of "/default" in places. Is this the case?

For now, I decided to revert all my changes and got back to using "/default".

But I was wondering if I've misunderstood the purpose of this CATEGORY_CONTAINER configuration that was provided in v1.2.   If you have any suggestions on how I should approach this, I would appreciate it.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

A minor victory over the darkness! 

I purchased a small environment product at Rendo, and, to my surprise, it came in 7 zip files.  Fired up CW and was told there were no user-facing files.

Unzipped all 7 into a directory and created a new zip, which worked correctly.  No idea what happened, but I'll take the win.

• sakrilas said:

RiverSoftArt said:

sakrilas said:

Thanks! I appreciate it.

On an unrelated note, I believe there's a bug with this v1.2 feature: "CATEGORY_CONTAINER constant to specify the category container to use when editing categories."

It seems like part of the script is still assuming that "/default" is being used as the root container, regardless if the RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file has the CATEGORY_CONTAINER set to something else.

After I updated CATEGORY_CONTAINER  to "/custom" for example. Even though options available for categorization where indeed from this "/custom" root, after I selected a category and pressed "accept", the application would still write the category with "/default/<whatever category I selected>". I was expecting it to use "/custom/<category I selected>" instead.

I looked back into RSSmartContentConstants.dsa a bit more, and I noticed some values in the arrays there were using hardcoded values of "/default". 
    For the sake of trying things out, I decided to replace those hardcoded values to match my intended CATEGORY_CONTAINER value of "/custom".

This fixed the previous issue I mentioned, but there were still other issues left,  for example, the third tab of the Content Wizard model (the one called "Smart Content") is now always showing up as empty to me. I'm assuming this is because part of the .dse file (which I can't access since it's an encrypted script) is also using hardcoded values of "/default" in places. Is this the case?

For now, I decided to revert all my changes and got back to using "/default".

But I was wondering if I've misunderstood the purpose of this CATEGORY_CONTAINER configuration that was provided in v1.2.   If you have any suggestions on how I should approach this, I would appreciate it.

I will investigate.  CATEGORY_CONTAINER was added later so there could be some left over missing references.

• Sevrin said:

I purchased a small environment product at Rendo, and, to my surprise, it came in 7 zip files.  Fired up CW and was told there were no user-facing files.

Unzipped all 7 into a directory and created a new zip, which worked correctly.  No idea what happened, but I'll take the win.

I would be interested to know why.  It should have found user-facing files in one of the zips.  What environment was this?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

RiverSoftArt said:

Sevrin said:

I would be interested to know why.  It should have found user-facing files in one of the zips.  What environment was this?

Makeshift Shower by Pamawo.  I was surprised at how many zips there were, since there isn't a lot to the set. 

• Sevrin said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Sevrin said:

Makeshift Shower by Pamawo.  I was surprised at how many zips there were, since there isn't a lot to the set. 

That author uses a ZIP archiver that behaves - weird. Sometimes, Content Wizard just fails zo read the ZIP. In some cases, it stops in between and you will get the "no user facing" files message. My general fix for any pamawo ZIP is opening it with another zipper, and just re-save it.

Given the amount of zips, I would really like to have an option in CW to either keep the structure (as it is now), or create a single target ZIP. My personal "record" of zips was a fefecoolyellow outfit made out of 15 zip files.