[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

14041424446

Comments

  • clerian said:

    Just want to follow up, and I think this warrants a new post instead of an edit. I have been able to get one of my problematic files to install without throwing an error. I have attached a Daz log which pointed me in the right direction. After the crash, I went to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 directory and opened the log.txt file before running daz again, and it showed the messages in the attached file as the final output.

    The thing that stuck out to me was the warnings about nodes. So I went and tried a few things. First, I tried to simply load the object into daz and save it as a wearable, then use the newly saved version in the CW package, but that crashed as well. I figured that simply resaving an item doesn't alter it intrinsically (strangely, Daz throws no errors about nodes when these objects are loaded in, only during the install smart content operation), so I would have to change the file. Seeing that node mismatch in the DUF earlier made me think if I altered the polygon count, it might fix things up a bit, so I loaded up the Decimator plugin and the following process is what actually worked:

    1. Load the figure into Daz and make sure it is selected
    2. Navigate to the Decimator pane and click "Prepare to Decimate"
    3. Check the "Nodes" and "Polygons" checkboxes in the "Remove invisible" section at the top of the Decimator section with Resolution % set to 100
    4. Click "Create LOD" and use either the pregenerated name or choose something
    5. In the Parameters tab of the figure, there should now be a new section called "Mesh Resolution" and make sure the LOD you created is selected
    6. Export the object to OBJ, use Daz measurements
    7. Import the object, use Daz measurements
    8. Select the new object, then go to Edit > Object > Rigging > Convert Prop to Figure and click Accept
    9. Go to Edit > Figure > Transfer Utility... and select the original as the source and target as the new object and click Accept
    10. Go to the Surfaces tab for your original version and copy them, then paste the surfaces onto the new version
    11. Unparent the new outfit from the old one
    12. Load in a basic Genesis figure that the outfit was supposed to be worn by, right-click your new outfit in the Scene pane and choose Fit "your outfit" To... and choose whatever options are appropriate in your situation
    13. Select the Genesis figure and then choose File > Save As > Wearable(s) Preset and make sure only the outfit you want to export is checked in dialog window.
    14. Copy the newly saved DUF into the file structure of the CW package that was failing (please make a backup of the original first) and zip it
    15. Load CW in Daz
    16. If you already have a configuration file for the package, load it, and replace the zips with the new ones (this must be done even if the zip files have the exact same name as before)
    17. Click Analyze and set up metadata
    18. Install Content (overwrite if prompted)
    19. Install Smart Content
    20. Export Zip File(s) & Self-Installer

    I did have a complex multi-figure outfit and I thankfully only had to decimate the main figure and then re-fit the child figures to the main one. I also attached a screenshot of that since it had some unusual objects in between the figures in the original (which I retained).

    Hopefully this helps others.

    EDIT: It's possible that the Decimator steps are unnecessary and simply exporting to OBJ and reimporting is all that's needed. If you don't have the Decimator plugin and are running into the same issue as me, it's worth a shot to try, otherwise I would recommend using Decimator to remove any hidden/missing nodes.

    I agree that that DzAssetDaz.cpp error is a little concerning.  I am pretty sure you did NOT need the decimator step.  In fact, it is probably a matter of editing the .duf file.  Unfortunately, I do not have that product though.

  • clerianclerian Posts: 9
    edited December 2022

    Any idea what I should be looking at in the DUF for editing? I'd love to figure out exactly what's causing this, but the daz error log didn't give me much to go off of, no line number in the DUF or anything like that to look at.

    Post edited by clerian on
  • clerian said:

    Any idea what I should be looking at in the DUF for editing? I'd love to figure out exactly what's causing this, but the daz error log didn't give me much to go off of, no line number in the DUF or anything like that to look at.

    No, no real suggestions.  I would delete selected parts until I find the spot that causes the error.

  • I have a new PC runninng windows 11 and my CW is getting "Error importing product into Smart Content database" this is happening on products that worked find on old PC.  Not sure if this is a 4.21 issue or something else.

    2022-12-08_18-55-48.png
    1135 x 270 - 42K
    2022-12-08_19-34-49.png
    1014 x 615 - 211K
  • Nevermind when I tried to search the forum I could not find it.  however now I did answer was one more page back to where I was at. Does not seem to like its own directory could be a Windows 11 or 4.21 thing

     

    lou_harper said:

    Okay, CANCEL THE EMERGENCY. I simply stopped trying to instal the product in a new directory and chose instead the same one I use for store products and it worked like a charm. Sorry everyone to cause all this commotion!

  • Neko1967 said:

    Nevermind when I tried to search the forum I could not find it.  however now I did answer was one more page back to where I was at. Does not seem to like its own directory could be a Windows 11 or 4.21 thing

    Oh good!  I am glad you fixed it.

     

    lou_harper said:

    Okay, CANCEL THE EMERGENCY. I simply stopped trying to instal the product in a new directory and chose instead the same one I use for store products and it worked like a charm. Sorry everyone to cause all this commotion!

  • Question:  I am setting up my new Rig and redownloaded all of by Renderosity products more thant I though I had.  I just spent the better part of the day (Too much time) aranging all the Zip file so there is only one zip file for product.  Not sure if this matters I combined the parent product and the add on products into one zip thining I would like to see all of the textures I have under the parent product.  I insalled a couple and it working with no issues. Now finally getting to my question.  If I want to be abe to use DIM should I use CW on my previous PC install them in many case again.  this way I can get the Zip and self installers created there. Then use them in DIM with my new PC.

    FYI  I am going to reimage  my old pc in the end so I do not mind if I get duplicates

  • Neko1967 said:

    Question:  I am setting up my new Rig and redownloaded all of by Renderosity products more thant I though I had.  I just spent the better part of the day (Too much time) aranging all the Zip file so there is only one zip file for product.  Not sure if this matters I combined the parent product and the add on products into one zip thining I would like to see all of the textures I have under the parent product.  I insalled a couple and it working with no issues. Now finally getting to my question.  If I want to be abe to use DIM should I use CW on my previous PC install them in many case again.  this way I can get the Zip and self installers created there. Then use them in DIM with my new PC.

    Yes, the best thing is to use your old PC to Export Zip Files.  This will create the zip files you can drop in the DIM downloads directory of your new PC.

    FYI  I am going to reimage  my old pc in the end so I do not mind if I get duplicates

  • What's the status on a fix for the inability to select items in the Smart Content tab? As soon as I attempt to select any item, it is immediately shown as the compatibility target.

    Is this a bug or a more serious problem with the interface design? Below are excerpts from the instruction at the bottom of the Smart Content tab.

    "You can change the categories of items from this view. Select item(s) and then SHIFT-click another category folder to add that category to the item(s)."

    "You can also change compatibilities (e.g., this material is compatible with that clothing item). First, click on an item to assign it as the Compatibility Target on the right"

    How is selecting an item different from clicking an item? It seems as though one mouse action was expected to handle two different functions.

    I am doing a fresh Daz and content install on a new PC. I was really hoping this utility would get my hundreds of Renderosity content products installed with smart content, however on only the second product I tried it on, it got the categories wrong. Now I can't even correct those categories. At least not quickly.

  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,138

    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I found that there are errors installing smart content if there are weird characters in the file naming. Like I had a hard time with "Kirei Kazé" from Rendo until I simply change the last letter to a simple "e" in the folder name. Also some names that have slashes in them. I don't consider this a bug, but something good to know.

  • lou_harper said:

    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I found that there are errors installing smart content if there are weird characters in the file naming. Like I had a hard time with "Kirei Kazé" from Rendo until I simply change the last letter to a simple "e" in the folder name. Also some names that have slashes in them. I don't consider this a bug, but something good to know.

    The DS UIR format has not supported extended character sets - it has been/is in the process of being updated but I'm not sure it is yet in a state that will work with non-US standard characters. (It was, I believe, this work that led to double /s in paths being ignored, causing issues with some previously accepted material files.)

  • johnbare said:

    What's the status on a fix for the inability to select items in the Smart Content tab? As soon as I attempt to select any item, it is immediately shown as the compatibility target.

    Is this a bug or a more serious problem with the interface design? Below are excerpts from the instruction at the bottom of the Smart Content tab.

    "You can change the categories of items from this view. Select item(s) and then SHIFT-click another category folder to add that category to the item(s)."

    "You can also change compatibilities (e.g., this material is compatible with that clothing item). First, click on an item to assign it as the Compatibility Target on the right"

    How is selecting an item different from clicking an item? It seems as though one mouse action was expected to handle two different functions.

    I am doing a fresh Daz and content install on a new PC. I was really hoping this utility would get my hundreds of Renderosity content products installed with smart content, however on only the second product I tried it on, it got the categories wrong. Now I can't even correct those categories. At least not quickly.

    Still not fixed yet unfortunately.  CW is the next product I plan to update for G9 and this fix would be in that.  I am trying to finish up a product and then can work on it.

  • lou_harper said:

    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I found that there are errors installing smart content if there are weird characters in the file naming. Like I had a hard time with "Kirei Kazé" from Rendo until I simply change the last letter to a simple "e" in the folder name. Also some names that have slashes in them. I don't consider this a bug, but something good to know.

    Yes, this is a known issue.

  • RiverSoftArt said:

    johnbare said:

    What's the status on a fix for the inability to select items in the Smart Content tab? As soon as I attempt to select any item, it is immediately shown as the compatibility target.

    Is this a bug or a more serious problem with the interface design? Below are excerpts from the instruction at the bottom of the Smart Content tab.

    "You can change the categories of items from this view. Select item(s) and then SHIFT-click another category folder to add that category to the item(s)."

    "You can also change compatibilities (e.g., this material is compatible with that clothing item). First, click on an item to assign it as the Compatibility Target on the right"

    How is selecting an item different from clicking an item? It seems as though one mouse action was expected to handle two different functions.

    I am doing a fresh Daz and content install on a new PC. I was really hoping this utility would get my hundreds of Renderosity content products installed with smart content, however on only the second product I tried it on, it got the categories wrong. Now I can't even correct those categories. At least not quickly.

    Still not fixed yet unfortunately.  CW is the next product I plan to update for G9 and this fix would be in that.  I am trying to finish up a product and then can work on it.

    Thanks. I'm getting by using the Table View. When I posted my message I had just started using Content Wizard and didn't realize I could edit the categories elsewhere. It's slow, but starting to think that's just the nature of this process.
    Thank you for producing this useful utility! It's fantastic to finally see my Renderosity content in the Smart Content view. Is it worth the time when so many manual edits are required? I think so, but sobering to realize this could take months with the amount of content I have.

  • johnbare said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    johnbare said:

    What's the status on a fix for the inability to select items in the Smart Content tab? As soon as I attempt to select any item, it is immediately shown as the compatibility target.

    Is this a bug or a more serious problem with the interface design? Below are excerpts from the instruction at the bottom of the Smart Content tab.

    "You can change the categories of items from this view. Select item(s) and then SHIFT-click another category folder to add that category to the item(s)."

    "You can also change compatibilities (e.g., this material is compatible with that clothing item). First, click on an item to assign it as the Compatibility Target on the right"

    How is selecting an item different from clicking an item? It seems as though one mouse action was expected to handle two different functions.

    I am doing a fresh Daz and content install on a new PC. I was really hoping this utility would get my hundreds of Renderosity content products installed with smart content, however on only the second product I tried it on, it got the categories wrong. Now I can't even correct those categories. At least not quickly.

    Still not fixed yet unfortunately.  CW is the next product I plan to update for G9 and this fix would be in that.  I am trying to finish up a product and then can work on it.

    Thanks. I'm getting by using the Table View. When I posted my message I had just started using Content Wizard and didn't realize I could edit the categories elsewhere. It's slow, but starting to think that's just the nature of this process.
    Thank you for producing this useful utility! It's fantastic to finally see my Renderosity content in the Smart Content view. Is it worth the time when so many manual edits are required? I think so, but sobering to realize this could take months with the amount of content I have.

    Ah, I see.  The Table View is what I use the most.  I think multi-selecting and changing the categories for lots of rows at once is fast though.

    And you are welcome! smiley

  • I ran into a texture set on the other store that seems to load well in CW - apart from not showing any useful information. It shows the icon, the file name, and CW can obviously read the JSON files (it throws no errors). But that's it,. basically. The file type is shown as UNKNOWN, and that seems to prevent CW from generating useful Smart Content information. I have not found a way to set the file type or conetnt type within CW. Is that a planned feature for a future version?

  • Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    I ran into a texture set on the other store that seems to load well in CW - apart from not showing any useful information. It shows the icon, the file name, and CW can obviously read the JSON files (it throws no errors). But that's it,. basically. The file type is shown as UNKNOWN, and that seems to prevent CW from generating useful Smart Content information. I have not found a way to set the file type or conetnt type within CW. Is that a planned feature for a future version?

    No, that will definitely NOT be a feature.  The file type is pulled by parsing the file itself (the content type you can already change by double-clicking it in the table view) If you CTRL-double click the filename in the Table View and open up the asset_info when the File Viewer is shown, what is the type?

  • RiverSoftArt said:

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    I ran into a texture set on the other store that seems to load well in CW - apart from not showing any useful information. It shows the icon, the file name, and CW can obviously read the JSON files (it throws no errors). But that's it,. basically. The file type is shown as UNKNOWN, and that seems to prevent CW from generating useful Smart Content information. I have not found a way to set the file type or conetnt type within CW. Is that a planned feature for a future version?

    No, that will definitely NOT be a feature.  The file type is pulled by parsing the file itself (the content type you can already change by double-clicking it in the table view) If you CTRL-double click the filename in the Table View and open up the asset_info when the File Viewer is shown, what is the type?

    It shows nothing. The viewer is completely empty. I started the analysis again, and the CW log shows an "unknown file" for each entry.

  • Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    I ran into a texture set on the other store that seems to load well in CW - apart from not showing any useful information. It shows the icon, the file name, and CW can obviously read the JSON files (it throws no errors). But that's it,. basically. The file type is shown as UNKNOWN, and that seems to prevent CW from generating useful Smart Content information. I have not found a way to set the file type or conetnt type within CW. Is that a planned feature for a future version?

    No, that will definitely NOT be a feature.  The file type is pulled by parsing the file itself (the content type you can already change by double-clicking it in the table view) If you CTRL-double click the filename in the Table View and open up the asset_info when the File Viewer is shown, what is the type?

    It shows nothing. The viewer is completely empty. I started the analysis again, and the CW log shows an "unknown file" for each entry.

    Huh.  It might be CW crashed on import.  What does the log say?  Also, open that file in a text editor.  What is inside it?

  • RiverSoftArt said:

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    I ran into a texture set on the other store that seems to load well in CW - apart from not showing any useful information. It shows the icon, the file name, and CW can obviously read the JSON files (it throws no errors). But that's it,. basically. The file type is shown as UNKNOWN, and that seems to prevent CW from generating useful Smart Content information. I have not found a way to set the file type or conetnt type within CW. Is that a planned feature for a future version?

    No, that will definitely NOT be a feature.  The file type is pulled by parsing the file itself (the content type you can already change by double-clicking it in the table view) If you CTRL-double click the filename in the Table View and open up the asset_info when the File Viewer is shown, what is the type?

    It shows nothing. The viewer is completely empty. I started the analysis again, and the CW log shows an "unknown file" for each entry.

    Huh.  It might be CW crashed on import.  What does the log say?  Also, open that file in a text editor.  What is inside it?

    I am getting this one (even if I have cleared the temp directory manually first)

    14:45:41 GMT+0100 (CET): Analyzing Product...

    14:45:41 GMT+0100 (CET): Clearing Working Directory...

    14:45:41 GMT+0100 (CET): ...FAILED!!! Make sure the zip file(s) is not corrupted AND that no file browser is open on the working directory contents, keeping the working directory from being deleted

    14:45:42 GMT+0100 (CET): Extracting files from /Volumes/Shared Folders/Home/Downloads/Sublime Fashion Lisbeth Outfit - 3DSublimeProductions/SFLisbethOutfit_312197.zip...

    14:45:43 GMT+0100 (CET): ...Success

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): Scanning "People" directory...

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Pants Lace ADD.duf

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Pants Lace ADD.png

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Top Lace ADD.duf

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Top Lace ADD.png

     The zip file is opening normal, and opening the files in any text editor show them as normal DUF files

  • Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    I ran into a texture set on the other store that seems to load well in CW - apart from not showing any useful information. It shows the icon, the file name, and CW can obviously read the JSON files (it throws no errors). But that's it,. basically. The file type is shown as UNKNOWN, and that seems to prevent CW from generating useful Smart Content information. I have not found a way to set the file type or conetnt type within CW. Is that a planned feature for a future version?

    No, that will definitely NOT be a feature.  The file type is pulled by parsing the file itself (the content type you can already change by double-clicking it in the table view) If you CTRL-double click the filename in the Table View and open up the asset_info when the File Viewer is shown, what is the type?

    It shows nothing. The viewer is completely empty. I started the analysis again, and the CW log shows an "unknown file" for each entry.

    Huh.  It might be CW crashed on import.  What does the log say?  Also, open that file in a text editor.  What is inside it?

    I am getting this one (even if I have cleared the temp directory manually first)

    14:45:41 GMT+0100 (CET): Analyzing Product...

    14:45:41 GMT+0100 (CET): Clearing Working Directory...

    14:45:41 GMT+0100 (CET): ...FAILED!!! Make sure the zip file(s) is not corrupted AND that no file browser is open on the working directory contents, keeping the working directory from being deleted

    14:45:42 GMT+0100 (CET): Extracting files from /Volumes/Shared Folders/Home/Downloads/Sublime Fashion Lisbeth Outfit - 3DSublimeProductions/SFLisbethOutfit_312197.zip...

    14:45:43 GMT+0100 (CET): ...Success

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): Scanning "People" directory...

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Pants Lace ADD.duf

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Pants Lace ADD.png

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Top Lace ADD.duf

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Top Lace ADD.png

     The zip file is opening normal, and opening the files in any text editor show them as normal DUF files

    I wonder if the "/Sublime•Fashion" (see the weird character) is causing problems?

  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Mark_e593e0a5 said:

    I ran into a texture set on the other store that seems to load well in CW - apart from not showing any useful information. It shows the icon, the file name, and CW can obviously read the JSON files (it throws no errors). But that's it,. basically. The file type is shown as UNKNOWN, and that seems to prevent CW from generating useful Smart Content information. I have not found a way to set the file type or conetnt type within CW. Is that a planned feature for a future version?

    No, that will definitely NOT be a feature.  The file type is pulled by parsing the file itself (the content type you can already change by double-clicking it in the table view) If you CTRL-double click the filename in the Table View and open up the asset_info when the File Viewer is shown, what is the type?

    It shows nothing. The viewer is completely empty. I started the analysis again, and the CW log shows an "unknown file" for each entry.

    Huh.  It might be CW crashed on import.  What does the log say?  Also, open that file in a text editor.  What is inside it?

    I am getting this one (even if I have cleared the temp directory manually first)

    14:45:41 GMT+0100 (CET): Analyzing Product...

    14:45:41 GMT+0100 (CET): Clearing Working Directory...

    14:45:41 GMT+0100 (CET): ...FAILED!!! Make sure the zip file(s) is not corrupted AND that no file browser is open on the working directory contents, keeping the working directory from being deleted

    14:45:42 GMT+0100 (CET): Extracting files from /Volumes/Shared Folders/Home/Downloads/Sublime Fashion Lisbeth Outfit - 3DSublimeProductions/SFLisbethOutfit_312197.zip...

    14:45:43 GMT+0100 (CET): ...Success

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): Scanning "People" directory...

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Pants Lace ADD.duf

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Pants Lace ADD.png

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Top Lace ADD.duf

    14:45:44 GMT+0100 (CET): UNKNOWN File: /Users/markus/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Sublime•Fashion 2023/SF Lisbeth/!Top Lace ADD.png

     The zip file is opening normal, and opening the files in any text editor show them as normal DUF files

    I wonder if the "/Sublime•Fashion" (see the weird character) is causing problems?

    Unzip the file

    Rename the "Sublime•Fashion 2023" to "Sublime Fashion 2023"

    Re-Zip file file & CW will read the file correctly 

    Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 00.51.38.png
    3606 x 2196 - 2M
  • WhiskeyjackWhiskeyjack Posts: 54
    edited March 2023

    Hey RiverSoft, I recently found your Content Wizard product and it's an absolute live saver! Genuinely kicking myself that I never used it before!

    I’ve been installing a metric ton of products and everything is working fine. However, there’s a small niggle that’s bugging me, and I’m hoping you might know of a fix or solution. Apologies if this was discussed earlier in the thread, but it’s a bit difficult to search through 46 pages for what I’m looking for!

    As I said, everything is working fine, and all the products I’ve installed now have Smart Content. However, when I go into the “Files” section in the “Smart Content” content tab, I notice that several products seem to have duplicates, but with slightly-different “Product” data.

    I’ve attached a few images showing one example of a Warhammer 40K armour set I picked up from DeviantArt. Now, when installing the product through Content Wizard, I entered “DeviantArt” in the “Store” section. The MetaData installed fine, and the products all work fine; everything’s showing up in Smart Content, and all the assets are where they’re meant to be.
    But when viewing the same assets in the “Files” tab, you can see that I have several duplicates of the same assets, but with “LOCAL USER” listed in the “Product” info. Except, they’re not really duplicate assets, because the filepath shows that they are the exact same asset… just listed twice, for some reason? I don’t know how to describe it.

    I’ve tried deleting the MetaData within Daz, manually deleting the MetaData with the Runtime folder, reinstalling the amour with both “DeviantArt” and “LOCAL USER” listed as the Store Name in Content Wizard, and the problem still persists. It’s not a big issue, just a minor gripe as its meaningless clutter.


    SOLVED
    I figured it out!

    For some reason, a lot of assets were being grouped into the “LOCAL USER” product in Smart Content and the Content Library, as “unassigned” assets. By navigating to the “LOCAL USER” product in the Content Library tab, right-clicking on the asset in question and clicking “Remove Reference…”, that removes the asset from the “LOCAL USER” product and removes the duplicate files. Hey presto, solved!

    If anyone else is having a similar issue, that seems to have solved it for me!

    Post edited by Whiskeyjack on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,438

    Whiskeyjack said:

    Hey RiverSoft, I recently found your Content Wizard product and it's an absolute live saver! Genuinely kicking myself that I never used it before!

    I’ve been installing a metric ton of products and everything is working fine. However, there’s a small niggle that’s bugging me, and I’m hoping you might know of a fix or solution. Apologies if this was discussed earlier in the thread, but it’s a bit difficult to search through 46 pages for what I’m looking for!

    As I said, everything is working fine, and all the products I’ve installed now have Smart Content. However, when I go into the “Files” section in the “Smart Content” content tab, I notice that several products seem to have duplicates, but with slightly-different “Product” data.

    I’ve attached a few images showing one example of a Warhammer 40K armour set I picked up from DeviantArt. Now, when installing the product through Content Wizard, I entered “DeviantArt” in the “Store” section. The MetaData installed fine, and the products all work fine; everything’s showing up in Smart Content, and all the assets are where they’re meant to be.
    But when viewing the same assets in the “Files” tab, you can see that I have several duplicates of the same assets, but with “LOCAL USER” listed in the “Product” info. Except, they’re not really duplicate assets, because the filepath shows that they are the exact same asset… just listed twice, for some reason? I don’t know how to describe it.

    I’ve tried deleting the MetaData within Daz, manually deleting the MetaData with the Runtime folder, reinstalling the amour with both “DeviantArt” and “LOCAL USER” listed as the Store Name in Content Wizard, and the problem still persists. It’s not a big issue, just a minor gripe as its meaningless clutter.


    SOLVED
    I figured it out!

    For some reason, a lot of assets were being grouped into the “LOCAL USER” product in Smart Content and the Content Library, as “unassigned” assets. By navigating to the “LOCAL USER” product in the Content Library tab, right-clicking on the asset in question and clicking “Remove Reference…”, that removes the asset from the “LOCAL USER” product and removes the duplicate files. Hey presto, solved!

    If anyone else is having a similar issue, that seems to have solved it for me!

    I am glad you like CW and solved your issue.  If I remember correctly (and I might not), the asset used to disappear from LOCAL USER product once I put it in its correct product, but DS changed its behavior.  I believe I saw this change working on the latest Clothing Converter.

  • MelonLordMelonLord Posts: 45

    Hi, I'm getting this error when I tried to open the file. Any soln. for this ? I am sure I've installed it correctly

    Screenshot 2023-05-16 074952.png
    1074 x 644 - 87K
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,438

    MelonLord said:

    Hi, I'm getting this error when I tried to open the file. Any soln. for this ? I am sure I've installed it correctly

    It looks like you moved your paths around or something.  The Daz database cannot find the files.

  • MelonLordMelonLord Posts: 45
    edited May 2023

    RiverSoftArt said:

    It looks like you moved your paths around or something.  The Daz database cannot find the files

    But I am using the correct path for my assets. I just recently tried to install another asset and it showed it was successful but it still gave me the same error when i tried to open it

    Post edited by MelonLord on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,438

    MelonLord said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    It looks like you moved your paths around or something.  The Daz database cannot find the files

    But I am using the correct path for my assets. I just recently tried to install another asset and it showed it was successful but it still gave me the same error when i tried to open it

    This one is hard to debug because it is probably not the CW script.  There is a misconfiguration in your DS.  For CW, post the log and I can see if it had any problems.  Otherwise, look at the Content Directory Manager and make sure all the directories are present

  • Hi. Just bought this product recently and am about to delve in. Is there any estimate on when this product will be updated to be compatable with G9 figures?

    Also, if you have a texture pack for a product that you purchased separately, is it advisable to try and combine the two, or install the original product first and the add on texture pack next?

    And lastly... I am going to be installing Rendo products to a separate Daz Studio Format than where I install stuff I purchased in the daz store. For some reason I couldn't get my browser to upload a screenshot, but my formats in Content Directory Manager look like this:

    Daz Studio Formats
    E:/DAZ 3D/MY DAZ 3D LIBRARY                              <-- Where my stuff from the Daz store goes
    E:/DAZ 3D/Daz Studio Formats/Renderosity             <--Where I want to install my rendo stuff with CW
    E:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

    Is that going to cause me some kind of problem? I think I read something about CW only wanting to install stuff to the first one in the list. Should I move the rendo one (currently empty) up in the order? If I do that  will it cause me problems with anything else? What about if I want to create another format to put Renderhub stuff in?

    Thanks in advance for the answers. This looks like a great product and I can't wait to get started with it, I'm on a brand new computer with a fresh Daz install and I'm paranoid about screwing things up right out of the gate.

  • 3Dartfun3Dartfun Posts: 0

    Hello, I don't post much but as CW is a great product and I saw a lot of issues lately I wanted to take a quick moment to post up a possible solution. I had a bunch of errors before I did this process. I was finally able to install over 50 products with zero errors including ones that errored out before with the below process. I only used this process on G8 and G8.1 products, not on G9.

    1. I uninstalled and reinstalled CW.

    2. I input the information for my first product.

    3. I saved my configuration file before installing the content, smart content, and the Self Installer. Once the product was installed, I re-saved the configuration file (I like to be sure it's saved).

    3. Lastly, I clicked the "New Product" button AND the Save button near the bottom of the window to exit. I did this for every single product that was installed and did not encounter any errors along the way. I was able to utilize at least 56 products in DAZ after using CW to install them. All Products functioned correctly including Smart Content and filter by context checkbox.

    I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but hopefully it will help a few of us who are having issues with CW.

    Happy Rendering.

Sign In or Register to comment.