[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• Quite often it is easier and best to unzip products which contain multiple zips into a single folder, and re-zip them into a single zip after making sure that the folder structure is correct.

• arstropicaarstropica Posts: 49
    edited September 2022

Here is an unusual situation.

I tried using Content Wizard in a new Studio install on another machine and I am getting the "No User Facing Files were detected in the product" error message when I analyze a zip file.  I have confirmed that the zip file had the correct structure and that all the assets were in the right place. When I look at the working folder, I can see the directory structure from the extracted zip file, but where there should be files, there are empty directories instead with the name(s) of the files. My environment is a Mac running Mojave... maybe I need to update...?!

Post edited by arstropica on
  • arstropica said:

I tried using Content Wizard in a new Studio install on another machine and I am getting the "No User Facing Files were detected in the product" error message when I analyze a zip file.  I have confirmed that the zip file had the correct structure and that all the assets were in the right place. When I look at the working folder, I can see the directory structure from the extracted zip file, but where there should be files, there are empty directories instead with the name(s) of the files. My environment is a Mac running Mojave... maybe I need to update...?!

Is it a pamawo product?  Try unzipping the product and zipping it back up.  Sometimes, the Daz Studio Unzip has problems with specific zip files.

• RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

Is it a pamawo product?  Try unzipping the product and zipping it back up.  Sometimes, the Daz Studio Unzip has problems with specific zip files.

Are you psychic or something...? 

Thanks, that did the trick!

• arstropica said:

RiverSoftArt said:

arstropica said:

Are you psychic or something...? 

Thanks, that did the trick!

LOL.  No, pamawo seems to use a zip utility that has burned me often laugh

I am glad it is working. 

• Oops, seems I need to catchup on this thread ;-)

Content Wizard is still performing great on my side. Some hickups I could resolve by manually emptying the Content Wizard folder.

Something I was wondering about: Just recently installed a Jewelry Pack from Sveva I purchased at Rendo. Now the original ZIP file was around 50 MB. The installer ZIP generated by CW was 10 MB (!!!) bigger. Of course there is Supplement.dsx and Manifest.dsx, but those are small. And then there is the support folder, but also < 1MB. So I inspected the ZIP further and found that each DSF in the DATA folder got bigger. Now since the product is a jewelry pack there are 25 single items with DSFs in the data folder. But I am wondering what CW is adding to those files or is it a matter of compression?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

While graphic files don't benefit a lot from compression, text files are compressed efficiently in zip files.  If there are a lot of DSF files, it makes sense that they would be larger upon decompression.

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

Oops, seems I need to catchup on this thread ;-)

Content Wizard is still performing great on my side. Some hickups I could resolve by manually emptying the Content Wizard folder.

Something I was wondering about: Just recently installed a Jewelry Pack from Sveva I purchased at Rendo. Now the original ZIP file was around 50 MB. The installer ZIP generated by CW was 10 MB (!!!) bigger. Of course there is Supplement.dsx and Manifest.dsx, but those are small. And then there is the support folder, but also < 1MB. So I inspected the ZIP further and found that each DSF in the DATA folder got bigger. Now since the product is a jewelry pack there are 25 single items with DSFs in the data folder. But I am wondering what CW is adding to those files or is it a matter of compression?

CW does not edit any files from a zip.  It just makes the runtime support files.  More than likely, the zip utility included in DS just is not as good at compressing the dsf files.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,012

I'm having trouble with another pamawo product. https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=138875

Same thing, no user facing files. Unzipping and rezipping on Mac, then transferring zip to PC didn't work. Next, I transferred unzipped folder, rezipped on PC. Error went away but seems there were missing files and there were no option to instal smart content (grayed out).

I found it in the Content Library, but only the ice cream cones are there, not the cart.

I'm pulling my hair out.

I don't get it. The file is there, path is correct.

file.jpg
    2438 x 848 - 134K
  • lou_harper said:

I'm having trouble with another pamawo product. https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=138875

Same thing, no user facing files. Unzipping and rezipping on Mac, then transferring zip to PC didn't work. Next, I transferred unzipped folder, rezipped on PC. Error went away but seems there were missing files and there were no option to instal smart content (grayed out).

I found it in the Content Library, but only the ice cream cones are there, not the cart.

I'm pulling my hair out. 

What Zip utility are you using on the Mac as I've found only one so far that zips the file correctly called ipackr.

Also when you unzip the file what does the directory structure look like.

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762
    edited October 2022

lou_harper said:

I'm pulling my hair out.

@lou_harper That product on Rendo shows it contains 2 Zip files... 34.21 MB and 650.64 KB, check the size of your zip and see if it is around 34 MB, and if it's much smaller, you may be missing some components from your Rendo download (i.e. try and download again at Rendo). The 650 KB is probably a templates file (labels for the ice cream cart), and if it is, then you can ignore that file, but if it's not a templates file, then add both to Content Wizard product tab.

Also, look in your Zip file to see if there is a Props or Vehicles folder (it should have one) and if the Scene Set is there: Gelato Cart.duf

Those Black Triangles with a Red Exclamation Mark are UV Maps and Morph files in the vendor's data folder... make sure to uncheck them in Content Wizard as they do not require smart content.

Post edited by robertswww on
    edited September 2022

I use whatever comes with the system. Just right-click and compress. It's not that though. Something is serioulsy messed up with that product. Finally I manually installed the files, and could load the cart but some parts were missing. I'm never buying from that vendor again.

Directory structure:

x.jpg
    616 x 1418 - 79K
    Post edited by lou_harper on
  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

lou_harper said:

I use whatever comes with the system. Just right-click and compress. It's not that though. Something is serioulsy messed up with that product. Finally I manually installed the files, and could load the cart but some parts were missing. I'm never buying from that vendor again.

Directory structure:

Ok,  I can see the problem. The data folder is nested inside a another folder,  you need to move the data folder into the root, then delete the empty folder.  Now re-zip the files & CW shouldn't give you any errors & those black icons with the red ! in the centre will also disappear. 

edited October 2022

Platnumk said:

Ok,  I can see the problem. The data folder is nested inside a another folder,  you need to move the data folder into the root, then delete the empty folder.  Now re-zip the files & CW shouldn't give you any errors & those black icons with the red ! in the centre will also disappear. 

You mean move "Gelato Cart" from "PAMAWO"  straight to "data"?

Post edited by lou_harper on
  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

lou_harper said:

Platnumk said:

You mean move "Gelato Cart: from "PAMAWO"  straight to "data"? 

Move the all folders & their contents out of "Gelato Cart"  folder so that the folder structure inside the zip file should look like -

data

Runtime 

Vehicles

• Platnumk said:

lou_harper said:

Platnumk said:

Move the all folders & their contents out of "Gelato Cart"  folder so that the folder structure inside the zip file should look like -

data

Runtime 

Vehicles

Or rename the Gelato_Cart_DSXXX to Content.

Thanks for the help everyone! smiley

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

lou_harper said:

Platnumk said:

data

Runtime 

Vehicles

That worked. :) Partially. Content installed, but not smart content. Button to instal smart oncent greyed out.  But at least it's in the Content Library with all its parts intact.

I'm baffled though, since all Rendo products have the same file structure, like this Poolside Props that Content Wizard installed without a hitch.

1.jpg
    908 x 618 - 71K
    pp.jpg
    630 x 1098 - 56K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

lou_harper said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

lou_harper said:

Platnumk said:

data

Runtime 

Vehicles

That worked. :) Partially. Content installed, but not smart content. Button to instal smart oncent greyed out.  But at least it's in the Content Library with all its parts intact.

I'm baffled though, since all Rendo products have the same file structure, like this Poolside Props that Content Wizard installed without a hitch.

Lilflame used to be a Daz vendor, and is very meticulous.  Her stuff installs without issue.  Pamawo is different. 

Sevrin said:

Lilflame used to be a Daz vendor, and is very meticulous.  Her stuff installs without issue.  Pamawo is different. 

Yep, definitely. Some vendors are far more dependable than others. I wouldn't have fussed with this gelato cart so much if it didn't look so good. And the DAZ store has nothing like it as far as I can tell.

• lou_harper said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

lou_harper said:

Platnumk said:

data

Runtime 

Vehicles

Have you clicked Analyze?  After that, Install Smart Content should be available.

RiverSoftArt said:

Have you clicked Analyze?  After that, Install Smart Content should be available.

I always click analyze at the beginning, before installing content. 

• lou_harper said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Hmmm. Weird.  Click again and post the Daz Log (Not the one in CW) please.

• lou_harper said:

RiverSoftArt said:

@lou_harper In the Content Wizard Log screenshot you posted above (I'll copy it below for reference), the Table View, Smart Content, Content Library and File Viewer tabs all have black text labels. When I start Content Wizard, that is how it looks for me, but as soon as I hit "Analyze" the text on those tab label headings becomes a light-gray color just like shown on your Product tab  (and a white color when the tab is active, like your Log tab label).  For some reason CW, does not think you clicked Analyze for that product. If you have time, try and load the product in CW again and click "Analyze" to see if the tab heading labels turn light-gray as normal, and if not post the Daz Log as @RiverSoftArt suggested to help determine if it was a glitch in CW or if it has something to do with the 3rd-party product you were trying to install.

Sorry, been busy.

So, I installed the content again, without uninstalling first, and this time the smart content installed too. I have no idea what's going on but it is there now, so I'm happy.

• lou_harper said:

Sorry, been busy.

So, I installed the content again, without uninstalling first, and this time the smart content installed too. I have no idea what's going on but it is there now, so I'm happy.

Great!  I am glad you've got it now. smiley

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,570

Not sure if I am doing something wrong but I have added a few more "Stores" in the RSSmartContentConstants.dsa as I believe is the correct place to do. However, when I use the store for the first time which then prompts the Store to be created in the CMS database it looks like it is creating it slightly wrong: the value from "StoreURLs" seems to be added to fldToken instead of fldUrl - with the "@" then being added to fldUrl instead of fldToken

• SofaCitizen said:

Not sure if I am doing something wrong but I have added a few more "Stores" in the RSSmartContentConstants.dsa as I believe is the correct place to do. However, when I use the store for the first time which then prompts the Store to be created in the CMS database it looks like it is creating it slightly wrong: the value from "StoreURLs" seems to be added to fldToken instead of fldUrl - with the "@" then being added to fldUrl instead of fldToken

To add a store, you need to update the three store variables:

var StoreIDs = ['LOCAL USER', 'Daz 3D', 'Renderosity', 'ShareCG', 'CGTrader'];
    var StoreZipPrefixes = ['IM', 'IM', 'RN', 'SH', 'CG'];
    var StoreURLs = ['', "https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/"+sProductToken, "https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct="+sProductToken, 'http://www.sharecg.com/v/'; + sProductToken, 'https://www.cgtrader.com'];

From what I remember, at one time I would get incorrect results for the final URL if the order was switched.  It could be that is no longer an issue.  I will have to investigate.

• I am a huge fan of Content Wizard. I might have found out the perfect workflow finally and thought why not share it.

The following is meant for users who want to be flexible in installing/uninstalling stuff and the metadata created with CW.
    My setup is like this: I have a 4 TB external HDD to store all my downloads and a 2 TB SDD for my working library. I use only DIM. Therefore my 4 TB holds all the packages downloaded with DIM (I never delete them) plus folder structures from the downloads from other stores. I install only to my 2 TB SSD.

Important: I have a dedicated library for CW-initial installs. This library is always empty and has only a subfolder "runtime" with a nested folder "support" as Content Wizard is needing those to create the metadata-files.

1. Preparation of ZIPs
    Initally I manually combine the downloaded ZIPs. So if there are 1+ I locally extract and combine everything in one ZIP. If I do not like the naming inside of the people (or environment etc.) folder I adjust. Sometimes I even use a Renamer-tool to change the name of particular files i.e. to include G3F/G8F if the product is for multiple generations. I also remove any readmes etc. from the ZIPs.

2. First install with Content Wizard to CW-library
    I analyse the ZIP, install and let CW create the smart content. Once this is done I create the installer manually adjusting the name to my liking.

3. Deleting of installed product
    Now I find the new product in smart content, let it be shown in the file library and delete it within DAZ studio. In the CW library I delete all installed files including the metadata-files CW created under runtime/support. So the product is completely gone. Doing this with a CW-only library is rather easy as you just have to delete everything appart from the folders runtime and runtime/support which need to stay for future installs.

4. Altering the supplement.dsx (Optional)
    You may ignore this step but then your new product will show up in DIM similar to all other products. Instead I extract the supplement.dsx from the created installer and change the Product Name. I alter i.e. "Product for G8F" to "Vendorname - Product for G8F (RC)" where RC is for example Renderosity. In doing so I can easily search in DIM for just lilflame-Stuff or Products from Rendo etc.

5. Moving the installer created with DIM to the packages-folder from DIM
    The installer with the altered supplement.dsx then goes to the packages-folder and I delete the original files downloaded from the 3rd party store.

6. Re-Installing via DIM
    Open DIM again or refresh to have the installer you just moved appear in DIM under downloaded. Just change sort order to rencently downloaded to have it appear on top. Now install/uninstall whenever you like.

Of course this workflow is a little time-consuming but quite rewarding. If you only move the installer and install "over" the files already created with CW, DIM would not remove anything on uninstalling as DIM can only delete files it created.

Disclaimer: I'm happy with this workflow but maybe there are faster ways in doing things. So feel free to add your thoughts.

• Interesting. Today, I was able to literally crash CW. After using it a couple of hundred times (potentially the most reliable piece of software I have used in the last five years). The crashing item was a freebie for Cat Zeus over at Renderhub. Fiber fur, supplied by Vyusur, the creator of Zeus, who left Daz for reasons not made public.

And, yes, it was a crash of DS, not just a terminated script. Using DS 4.20.0.17. Crashing with a segmentation fault.