[Released!] VisualMenus [Commercial]

Comments

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

@Bitwelder.

Seriously THANKS ALOT for this update.

After trying them, will be using all the new features.  Shortcut to folder was really missing.  And new UI icon is new fav.  Plus other stuff.  All works well. 

Can't imagine my Daz Studio sessions without this toolset.  Thanks! :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    I want to comment that you have an excellent narration voice on your video. The video is well made and helpful. Thanks.
  • RandomRandom Posts: 173

I'll add my 2 cents about 'Visual Menus'. REALLY useful and would love the update.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Indespensible - and your decision to update results in major points when I see your name on products in the store.

greatly appreciated,

--ms

• RandomRandom Posts: 173

Love the update! Addition of folder bookmarks makes everything so much easier and quicker. Ditto copy and paste. 10 X thanks.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

Has this update ever been released by Daz? I'm still showing a 2018-11-15 date for the script in my DIM downloads and product library.

namffuak said:

Has this update ever been released by Daz? I'm still showing a 2018-11-15 date for the script in my DIM downloads and product library.

Huh, that's strange. I looks like Daz never updated it. My DIM shows a package date in 2018, too.

Screenshot 2020-06-01 15.38.50.png
    922 x 604 - 87K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    barbult said:
    I want to comment that you have an excellent narration voice on your video. The video is well made and helpful. Thanks.

Gotta agree with you there.  Very pleasant voice.  You enunciate very nicely too.  Your voice reminds me of someones but I can't put my finger on it.  

PS, thank you so much for the update!  I can install and use this.  I see you have the light font on a darker background fixed.  YIPPEE!  

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,666

Yeah, odd daz still hasn't released the update to DIM. I was confused when I reinstalled it, and it was still saying 1.0 after install. The dropbox file bitwelder posted still works though.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681

Is there a way to dock it and keep it from closing? I want to skip that step from having to re-open it every time to speed up my workflow.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950

Anyone else have issues after updating in DIM where the icons assigned to the menus keep disappearing?

If I open DS, then open the VM menu all of my VM icons disappear.

Sylvan said:

Is there a way to dock it and keep it from closing? I want to skip that step from having to re-open it every time to speed up my workflow.

So if you define hotkeys to open a pop up menu, which could be a master menu with submenus, or a ready-to-use menu, isn't that faster than using the panels menu?  Personally I find it faster because I don't have to go look for the panel, change focus to that panel,  and then pan through the panel.

You may be able to add it as a submenu somehow to existing panels.  But I did not look to see how to add your own panel.  Are there any 3rd party vendors with a dockable window?  Seems to me they are all pop-ups.  But I didn't look that hard either, cos the hotkey system is instant when set-up for your needs.

evacyn said:

Anyone else have issues after updating in DIM where the icons assigned to the menus keep disappearing?

If I open DS, then open the VM menu all of my VM icons disappear.

Use VM constantly.  Am still on 4.12.0.86.  Never had icons go missing.  Did have to reassign one or two 2 different times because there was suddenly some kind of a delay.  And reassigning made it faster.  But that was maybe my fault for making a new duf and then not refreshing it.  Maybe an internal link got negatively affected.

• Hello everyone! Is it possible to assign hotkeys to buttons inside Menus? For example can you press "F" to open some menu and press "Q" to activate button without pressing it with mouse?

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 440
    edited March 2021

Hello,

I bought VisualMenus almost two years ago but just got around to launching it today after struggling through trying to better organize/make sense of Das Studio's content, categories and products organization.  Earlier today, I read about VisualMenus in another thread.  I'm missing something on how to add content to a VisualMenus button. Bitwelder's overview video states that content available to add to a VisualMenus button needs to be selected in the Smart Content pane and Content Library panel before launching VisualMenus but the content that I have selected in Smart Content doesn't appear in the Content Items tab. Only the VisualMenus icon appears. Any help to get me on the path to adding content to a VisualMenus button will be greatly appreciated.

Smart Library selection.jpg
    592 x 674 - 152K
    Content Library selection.jpg
    591 x 621 - 89K
    VisualMenus.jpg
    1890 x 712 - 209K
    Post edited by jjoyner on
    Use Smart Content Files tab instead of Smart Content Products tab. I don't know what your second and third image attachments are trying to demonstrate.

barbult said:

Use Smart Content Files tab instead of Smart Content Products tab. I don't know what your second and third image attachments are trying to demonstrate.

Thanks.  After exploring more after my post, I was able to get content to be available in the Content Items tab of VisualMenus by selecting it in the Content Library tab (DAS Studio formats, Products, and Categories) only and not in the Smart Library tab.

My three images sequence was my effort to try to convey that I was selecting content in the Smart Content tab, launching VisualMenus from the Content Library tab, but not having the content appear as available in VisualMenus.

edited March 2021

jjoyner said:

barbult said:

Thanks.  After exploring more after my post, I was able to get content to be available in the Content Items tab of VisualMenus by selecting it in the Content Library tab (DAS Studio formats, Products, and Categories) only and not in the Smart Library tab.

My three images sequence was my effort to try to convey that I was selecting content in the Smart Content tab, launching VisualMenus from the Content Library tab, but not having the content appear as available in VisualMenus.

Did you do what I suggested - use the Files tab of Smart Content? For Visual Menus Content Items, you need to select an item, not a product full of items. Here is a screenshot.

If you want a Visual Menu to show the content of a whole product, rather than load a single item, use Content Library Bookmarks insead of Content Items. It will open the product entry in the Content Library.

Visual menus usage.jpg
    1794 x 840 - 253K
    Visual menus usage 2.jpg
    1795 x 864 - 253K
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Did you do what I suggested - use the Files tab of Smart Content? For Visual Menus Content Items, you need to select an item, not a product full of items. Here is a screenshot.

If you want a Visual Menu to show the content of a whole product, rather than load a single item, use Content Library Bookmarks insead of Content Items. It will open the product entry in the Content Library.

Yes, everthing is working fine now that I know how to get individual content items or whole products into VisualMenus.

Again, thanks.

jjoyner said:

barbult said:

Did you do what I suggested - use the Files tab of Smart Content? For Visual Menus Content Items, you need to select an item, not a product full of items. Here is a screenshot.

If you want a Visual Menu to show the content of a whole product, rather than load a single item, use Content Library Bookmarks insead of Content Items. It will open the product entry in the Content Library.

Yes, everthing is working fine now that I know how to get individual content items or whole products into VisualMenus.

Again, thanks.

Good. I'm happy to hear that it is all working for your now! 

• For posterity sorta-speak.

Did an install on a new 2nd PC.
    Got all my Visual Menus now.

For anyone interested, i did clone my data on a new hard-drive with a different volume name from the old one (for reasons).
    Notepad ++ rename function worked just fine on the xported/imported menus file to rename to the new hardrrive.

At first I still had x's for all images, but :eyeroll:, a bad multi-tasking interruption meant I changed all the volume references and assigned a new name,  but then didn't actually save.
    Afterwards, took a bit to figure out comparing exported menus to realize icon paths are absolute and i didn't save.

So yeah, all the created VisualMenus also now on new Win10 with it having a different volume letter.

Hope alot that Visual Menus will keep working with new upcoming DAZ 5*.

• Hello, can anyone help, installed "visual menus" but its not launching

• RaketeRakete Posts: 88

Is there a way to speed VisualMenus up? Does it make use of the C66 Graphics plugin: https://www.daz3d.com/c66-graphics-plug-in maybe?

I've created a relatively complex menu with a lot of buttons (think its 100 or so) and VisualMenus is becoming quite slow to start.

VisualMenus was created long before the C66 Graphics Plugin existed.

edited May 2022

Rakete said:

Is there a way to speed VisualMenus up? Does it make use of the C66 Graphics plugin: https://www.daz3d.com/c66-graphics-plug-in maybe?

I've created a relatively complex menu with a lot of buttons (think its 100 or so) and VisualMenus is becoming quite slow to start.

Speed no issue on previous Win7 or current Win10.  Almost Instant.

Just first load on new session takes a second and a half as loads into RAM.  Then instant.

Have tons of nested VisualMenus and many customs VMs are 84 click boxes.  No diff.

So maybe either you are making new template different or there's something else going on? 

To sum up, On my 2 PCS,  no issue with the Visual Menu programs.  Works with complex nested and big UIs.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 950
    edited June 2022

Any updates on this? I was wondering if there will be any additional add-ons or fixes. Definitely one of the most useful things I bought in the store :)

Post edited by evacyn on
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,133

Is it possible to open an external hd folder (explorer) with visual menues? Like for tutorials, which aren't accessible through daz studio, to create links to the folders containing the mpegs?

Thankyou!

mding said:

Is it possible to open an external hd folder (explorer) with visual menues? Like for tutorials, which aren't accessible through daz studio, to create links to the folders containing the mpegs?

Thankyou!

Answer should be Yup. (say should cos use various different drives, but not external, but windows OS should recognize as regular part of system when on)

See screenshot for where to set.  You will also have to ensure the root folder is added to DazStudio>Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats. 

If external, likely need ON ahead of time, or refresh Daz root folder if you didn't remember in time.

.mp4s - won't see in DS without a duf, but can right click browse folder to get there.

@ evacyn  Yup, VM is pretty precious for some of us.  Not sure what Bitwelders continued absence from this thread means.  Still JVs with Zevo.  Maybe not available for forum support for reasons.  Dearly hope it works at least with new DS/new code when that comes out. 

show VM folder option.JPG
    1339 x 718 - 65K

Saxa -- SD said:

mding said:

Thankyou!

Answer should be Yup. (say should cos use various different drives, but not external, but windows OS should recognize as regular part of system when on)

See screenshot for where to set.  You will also have to ensure the root folder is added to DazStudio>Content Directory Manager > Daz Studio Formats. 

If external, likely need ON ahead of time, or refresh Daz root folder if you didn't remember in time.

.mp4s - won't see in DS without a duf, but can right click browse folder to get there.

@ evacyn  Yup, VM is pretty precious for some of us.  Not sure what Bitwelders continued absence from this thread means.  Still JVs with Zevo.  Maybe not available for forum support for reasons.  Dearly hope it works at least with new DS/new code when that comes out. 

Thankyou for your answer, @Saxa -- SD! 

This last right click --> browse folder was what i meant. So now i know, that without learning how to code, that won't be possible. But still ok, that internal link is also a great help, i really appreciate this tool!

mding said:

Thankyou for your answer, @Saxa -- SD! 

This last right click --> browse folder was what i meant. So now i know, that without learning how to code, that won't be possible. But still ok, that internal link is also a great help, i really appreciate this tool!

Have more better news for you ;)

Just found this link >https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56849/how-can-i-use-script-to-launch-an-external-application

Essentially follow Rob's syntax, which is:
    App.showURL( “file:///c:/MyApp.exe” );

Just tried this for one of my mp4s.
    (1) in folder path you want in DS, make  new text file. rename extension to .dsa.
    (2) enter code above in new dsa, then substitute your filepath. Spaces and different directories are fine. Mine was 4 folders deep.
    (3) refresh folder in DS, see .DSA, double-click and now my MP4 auto opens in MPC-HC.  My MPC-HC is set as the .mp4 player in win os.

DazStudio really is awesome in all the features it offers.
    Happy tut'ing!

Saxa -- SD said:

Have more better news for you ;)

Just found this link >https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56849/how-can-i-use-script-to-launch-an-external-application

Essentially follow Rob's syntax, which is:
    App.showURL( “file:///c:/MyApp.exe” );

Just tried this for one of my mp4s.
    (1) in folder path you want in DS, make  new text file. rename extension to .dsa.
    (2) enter code above in new dsa, then substitute your filepath. Spaces and different directories are fine. Mine was 4 folders deep.
    (3) refresh folder in DS, see .DSA, double-click and now my MP4 auto opens in MPC-HC.  My MPC-HC is set as the .mp4 player in win os.

DazStudio really is awesome in all the features it offers.
    Happy tut'ing!

OMG that is so cool - thank you so much @Saxa -- SD!!yesyesyes