Hex Gallery

Comments

• NovaNova Posts: 213

__ ^^ __ @Still learning new stuff in it :)

We feel the same way, Hexagon is often underestimated.

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited March 2022

Bruder, the video tutorial is half way down page 2 of the Hexagon Tutorials page, here's a link to the page

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/298/hexagon-tutorial-list/p2

A3Dlover, I really like your telescope and desk, don't know how you can work using "forms" my CDO (extreme OCD (kidding)) forces me to name things as I go.

Protozoon - I realise its a sneak peak (teaser) but what are you making ? I really like the screw heads, great detail.

i have some models ive made that use a naming convention. the model i call "modo mech" on my sharecg page for example. i applied a modo app tutorial to hex and worked out pretty good. did same thing with 3d coat tut applied to hex. not all fancy pricy apps have tuts thatll work with hex but quite a few do. i modelled my stargate daedalus in anim8or. ive tried to redo it in hex but i just cant keep going on it for some reason. @Protozoon nice horn, that would be as difficult to model as to build irl. our shop worked on conn-selmer horns years ago ( strativarius trumpets doing finishing on them) they were difficult to work on even in pieces.
    Post edited by A3DLover on
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited April 2022

Here's one of the props from a small set I'm putting together at the moment, I'm just about to do the rigging so this is still in the WIP stage so things might change. Hopefully I will not come across to many problems. 

Edit. Took me a while but I managed to upload the pic in the end laugh

Circular saw test3.jpg
    1300 x 1001 - 662K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 478

That looks cool!  Are you going to make a dingy, bloody texture add-on for every doing horror renders?

edited April 2022

At the moment I'm just trying to get the rigging etc to work, there is a texture artist or two I could ask if they're interested.

A3DLover, have you tidied your desk yet ?

We (since my wife passed away it's just me and my son) are having new internet put in and the main cable to the router goes behind the shelving unit. My workstation is in the corner of my bedroom so it's a bit cramped in here. All the cables are tucked away in the corner and everything will have to come out before the internet engineer comes to put a new router/cables in (this Friday coming).

At the moment I'm just trying to get the rigging etc to work, there is a texture artist or two I could ask if they're interested.

A3DLover, have you tidied your desk yet ?

We (since my wife passed away it's just me and my son) are having new internet put in and the main cable to the router goes behind the shelving unit. My workstation is in the corner of my bedroom so it's a bit cramped in here. All the cables are tucked away in the corner and everything will have to come out before the internet engineer comes to put a new router/cables in (this Friday coming).

sorry to hear about your wife John. i never had a wife or children. also no i havent done anything about cleaning up my pc or its location. i really should clean my pc and possible update to a modern machine.
  • Thanks A3DLover. The engineer is coming tomorrow so will have to get everything ready for him today, I will leave it till later today (this evening) as it should not take long.

The saw is finished now, rigging etc did not go right first time, as per normal, but I got there in the end. Now I'm planning on making a small hand sander, using the same battery again smiley

edited June 2022

Just for you JJmainor laugh Putting the finishing touches to the set and thought I'd try my hand at a touch of gore.

Edit - Still takes me a while to post an image properly here, old age :)

Just for you JJmainor laugh Putting the finishing touches to the set and thought I'd try my hand at a touch of gore.

Edit - Still takes me a while to post an image properly here, old age :)

gotta try making a render where blood is flinging everywhere like a japanese anime
  • mach25mach25 Posts: 256

Hi

Wee Dangerous John,should she be shown drilling and grinding into a hexagon concurrent Software Box?cheeky

trying to make liquer glasses,bottles and beer and whisky glasses for a bar

maybe make morph for 100%-0% drinked liquer also

liquer glasses.png
    1012 x 656 - 89K
  • Mach25, will these be for DAZ Studio Iray ?

edited June 2022

Wee Dangerous John said:

Mach25, will these be for DAZ Studio Iray ?

I mostly make things for my own artwork,not a regular content maker,so I dont know

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Just wondering if you were going to use the Hex-DS bridge and Iray shaders. 

edited June 2022

Wee Dangerous John said:

Just wondering if you were going to use the Hex-DS bridge and Iray shaders. 

I try bryce so far,it has beer material

Post edited by mach25 on
  • I started of with Bryce, it is very good (version 5). I find Iray very easy to use, but I had Reality (DAZ-LuxRender plug-in) which was very straight forward.

Wee Dangerous John said:

I started of with Bryce, it is very good (version 5). I find Iray very easy to use, but I had Reality (DAZ-LuxRender plug-in) which was very straight forward.

I can use Iray too

and also make my own textures

edited July 2022

Bar

vickibar1.png
    512 x 512 - 482K
    Post edited by mach25 on
    edited July 2022

Task : We needed an office building for a module partially covered with a sun awning. We quickly created this model.
    Changes and extensions are necessary.
    Time target was 3 hours (including design).

Unbenannt.JPG
    1878 x 836 - 112K
    001-00_ leuchte_ stehend_ 019-00.JPG
    1744 x 863 - 172K
    001-00_ Modul_ Plus_ Gebäude 030-00_ JPG 000-00.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 789K
    001-00_ Modul_ Plus_ Gebäude 030-00_ JPG 000-03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 650K
    001-00_ Modul_ Plus_ Gebäude 030-00_ JPG 003-00.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    001-00_ Modul_ Plus_ Gebäude 030-00_ JPG 003-01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    001-00_ Modul_ Plus_ Gebäude 030-00_ JPG 003-02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    001-00_ Modul_ Plus_ Gebäude 030-00_ JPG 003-03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    001-00_ Modul_ Plus_ Gebäude 030-00_ JPG 003-04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Nova on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Bruder Aural said:

Task : We needed an office building for a module partially covered with a sun awning. We quickly created this model.
    Changes and extensions are necessary.
    Time target was 3 hours (including design).

Really nice design and great renders.Thanks for sharing. 

• You achieved a lot in 3 hours. Great design Bruder, it's nice to see what can be done with Hexagon :)

edited July 2022

Thanks for your comments, I'm already working on the next project and I'm also glad to see that many here are asking about Hexagon. I can recommend it to everyone, it's easy to learn and you can get great results in little time.
    Does anyone here work with Twinmotion?
    There are problems importing the models.
    I will go into more detail.

Post edited by Nova on
    edited July 2022

Here is an old link to a watch I did 10 years ago. Certainly not you skill level and have since been using other apps but do return to Hexagon occasionally.

I also did a version of Joan or Arc too. It was good to learn how to make a humanoid figures from scratch.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3619/seiko-mens-watch-wip#latest

@Bruder Aural do you have a youtube channel ?

Good resource for sculpting in Hexagon

Post edited by Tugpsx on

great bruder in 3 hoursyes

I agree when you learned hexagon its easy to get result in short time

Thank you very much, I still hope that Hexagon might be developed further, but it will remain a dream, which I find a great pity.
    @Tugpsx
    a nice video thanks for showing it.

I have a small channel, but nothing special, must update in, you know this for sure .... one has little time.

Building 31 / 70 % finished

0000.JPG
    1741 x 866 - 174K

Wow, nice design

looks greatyes

too little time now with human body,wonder if the future is upload to cyborg so you have no problem create 24/7 hour smiley

edited August 2022

Thanks for the nice comments,
    currently we are working on old models and expand them, especially in the beginning you make a lot of mistakes. Things are not finished, but still want to show it.

Muster 00.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 859K
    Muster 01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Muster 02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Muster 03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Muster 04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Muster 05.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 856K
    000.JPG
    1736 x 861 - 209K
    Post edited by Nova on

Nova said:

Thanks for the nice comments,
    currently we are working on old models and expand them, especially in the beginning you make a lot of mistakes. Things are not finished, but still want to show it.

Wow! those look great. Nice ArchViz. 

• Yes, very nicely done Nova. Excellect buildings and renders :)